Searching for the "One-Off Character" thread...

Started by consortium11, March 25, 2013, 09:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

My forum-search-fu appears to have failed me.

Back in the day I remember a thread somewhat similar to the "one-shots" area, where people could offer/ask for writers to come into a story to handle a character for a set period as opposed to being a full character in the game. I've tried to find it but I'm struggling.

The reason for this is that I'm in the process of setting up a Buffy: TVS group game (info-thread here) and something I think would be pretty cool is if certain NPC's (which would otherwise be played by me) were handled by actual writers. These would be characters who while important to the story have somewhat of a shelf-life; they may be an antagonist who is banished/killed/something else at the end of an arc, they may be an ally who has a tragic death, they may be a reoccurring character but one who only appears occasionally...

So, does/did such a thread exist? Is my mind playing tricks on me? And if it did/does, could someone point it out to me?

Thanks for any help...

Avis habilis

There's a "request an NPC thread" here, but it hasn't seen any activity since '09.

consortium11

That's the exact thread I remember (I was struggling to recall the "Baladeur" name)! Thank you for finding it for me.

Pity it seems to have died off... I may attempt some necromancy on it (or at least the concept).