(M seeking F) Historical Role-Play based on the French Revolution

Started by blakel, January 11, 2012, 07:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakel

Hey guys. I was thinking of making a role-play taking place during the French Revolution.

It's 1793 in Paris, France. After the execution of King Louis XVI, the new National Convention, headed by Maximilien Robespierre leads France in a Reign of Terror. People are being executed by the thousands, mobs are dominating Paris, being associated with any religion is the equivalent of treason, financial problems from prior to the Revolution remain present, there are peasant uprisings in the countryside, and fear of foreign invasion lingers. Nobility must flee the country or go into hiding, or else they face the risk of being executed. In the madness though, certain things are able to happen without anyone noticing...

The idea would be that you play a (former) French noblewoman hiding in Paris. In trying to hide from the mob, you come across me, a member of the urban poor who's a radical supporter of the revolution, unaware of the fact that you're a member of the nobility. Simultaneously, there's a conspiracy by a group controlling the mob with foreign countries, to try and take over Europe.

I'm open to any ideas you might have about it. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, and we can iron out the details.