The Dread Kingdom Reborn! Experimental Fantasy Idea (F for anyone)

Started by Beorning, September 03, 2016, 04:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Hello! I have a possibly unusual fantasy request based on this image:

The story:

Centuries ago, the people of the Great Continent lived under the shadow of Gorgoroth, the Kingdom of Tyrants. Ruled with an iron fist by a dynasty of cruel kings and queens, Gorgoroth kept sending its armies to enslave other nations, pillage treasures and slay anyone that tried to oppose it. The kingdom was universally hated, a dark stain on the world.

Alas, all things must pass. Eventually, the people of the Continent united and waged a great war on Gorgoroth. And so, the foul kingdom fell, its armies vanquished, its capital burned, its last king and his court slain.

Today, the name of Gorgoroth is just a haunting memory... or is it?

No, some evils are too great to be eradicated. In the abandoned ruins of Gorgoroth's capital, spirits move invisibly. Ghost of courtiers, generals, soldiers and priests - all waiting in the shadows for the chance the enter the world of the living again... to resurrect the dark glory of their kingdom.

What they need, is a ruler. One living soul that will sit on the throne of Gorgorth, usher an unholy call - and lead the returned subjects in a new war of conquest.

Today, a lone female adventurer, on a misguided quest for treasure, entered the ruins of the capital. And the spirits will not rest until they turn this female warrior into their new queen... even against her wish. They might be dead, but they still can warp a person's soul to their liking...

The RP:

This is, basically, a tale of fantasy brainwashing / mind control / mental and physical transformation. In this RP, I'd play a female warrior wandering the ruins of the dead city. My writing partner would play the collective of spirits out to influence the warrior mind, to subvert her sanity and sense of identity so that she declares herself a new queen of Gorgoroth. If she does it, the spirits will return to life and the evil kingdom will be reborn, with the enspelled heroine starting a new cruel dynasty.

It's a weird idea, but I'd like to try it. It doesn't have to be a long RP - I don't know how much story is in this idea. But I think we might make a few atmospheric scenes out of it...

Any takers? If so, please PM me :)

Beorning

24/03/2017: I thought I'd give this old idea a try :)

One note: while I described Gorgoroth as an unambigously evil kingdom in the original request, it doesn't really have to be that way. It could simply be an old, fallen kingdom desperate to be reborn... It kind of depends on my writing partner's preferences. Let's brainstorm! :)