New Lands

Started by Hyde, September 25, 2009, 11:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomsday

Yeah, Adrian isn't really the "Billy Badass". He's more of a Harry Hiking-and-Nature-Enthusiast. I've been watching the new Ken Burns series about the National Parks of the US and I'm basing my character a lot on a few important people from that series. Mainly Stephen Mather and John Muir.

Decrepitdan

You could however have a penchant for shooting anything that flies, like Kaiser Wilhelm. Rich adventurers often did so... lol

Haibane

LOL, 'shooting anything that wasn't a white European' more like.

Haha, I just noticed that the doctor we need is a scientist, not a medical practitioner.

But, yeah, Decrepitdan go for it!

Two lady (cunning)linguists could still be fun.

Doomsday

He could be a game hunter, sure. Always have his rifle with him >:)

Decrepitdan

A snooty, cigar puffing gamesman? *chuckles* Stereotypes for the win!

Doomsday

Not really snooty, and no cigars. More of an eager, young, naive nature enthusiast. Like a young Teddy Roosevelt. Though I'm not sure if he smoked :P

Decrepitdan

I cant remember him doing so, but cigars were thought to be a healthy habit then, and with his verve for life...he probably did.

Haibane

You could always chew one but never light it, Clint Eastwood style.

I'm curious, do any of you plan to add a photo of your characters? I found mine on a steampunk cosplay site which seems to provide a great resource for adventurer/scientist types, especially males.

If anyone finds a good character image but it is cluttered by modern backgrounds or other people, let me know; I'm reasonably able to 'Shop these things out.

Decrepitdan

I've been looking for a redheaded adventurer for a few days now, its just remarkably difficult to find anything near to what id imagined. I might just end up sketching it.

Haibane

*nods* I find that if you want to use an image, it is always easier to find the image first, then make the skin/hair colouring follow that. Or just use an image and simply don't give a physical description, since by default one isn't needed.

Doomsday

I'm terrible at finding relevant character pictures... Sorry :-(

Just never know where to look.

Hyde

Excellent. I have one person on my PM list who may be jumping in soon. With that I'll make a post however this weekend is going to be rough so I'll probably get my ducks in a row let the last player decide if they are in and on monday we set off to new lands.

Sound good?
"I am the chief of sinners"

On/Offs

Doomsday

Cosmo_ac

I'm willing to sign up and take the role of the survivalist, if that is what is needed.

Cosmo_ac

Name:Alex Smade
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Description:

Alex stands a good 6 feet tall, with an athletic build, a reminder of his service days during his time with the army during World War I.  his hair is short blond, and his face is clean shaven, a pair of grey eyes peaking out from under his relaxed eyelids. 

Alex was an infantry man during the first world war.  It was a rather unpleasent experience for the man, as he lost many friends during the war, and had killed more people then he ever thought he was capable of.  Once the war was over, he decided to take what training he had and became a survivalist expert, using what he learned from his time in the trenches to help him allong the way. 

Alex is a less then social person, tending to prefer to stay by himself for the most part, though he can be social when he likes and can surprise others with his good humour when he chooses to use it.

Reason for being on the expedition:  Alex is on the expedition mainly for the money, though there is a certain appeal for the exploration of the unknown as well.  More then anything, he simply doesn't want anybody to die on this trip because they had to settle for some second-rate survivelist.

Supplies that they may be taking besides preset group supplies mentioned above:  Alex carries with him at all times his old service .45 handgun and combat knife.  Alex also carries with him a scoped rifle, in case there is need to hunt.  Finally, Alex is a smoker, so he also has brought both cigarettes and a lighter with fluid.

Haibane

Still interested though if we started now my posts might be crap or seriously delayed as I'm dealing with some RL stresses and strains at the moment and all my games have halted temporarily. But yeah, I'm still here. Sort of.

Hyde

On/Offs

Haibane

Thanks. Do you plan to set up an OOC thread as well?

Hyde

I don't see why we can't just make this the ooc?

On/Offs

Haibane

Well, I'd prefer a more private place. In the same game forum as the game thread is customary.

Hyde

On/Offs