Interest Check: City of the Drow 3.5 DnD (rebootx2!!)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, February 01, 2012, 05:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Krayz started the original thread in here; https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=118750.0
I started reboot thread where I collected bunch of players, but overtime the matron mothers became unreliable to post and soon I NPC one, then two and then all three matron mothers and it drained me off juice to keep posts daily. So reboot is in here; https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=120586.0

Now, we seek brand new players and some old players roll new characthers (which must be posted in here or in OOC thread of the game). Game idea is basically that you roleplay as inhabitants of drow city of Erelhei Cinlu in sandbox setting (mostly drow but can give expectional chars opening but we want keep this game drow focused so no more than 1/5 players can be non-drow). We originally had multiple matron mothers but we decided for now we place all players under rule of a single house and single PC controlled matron mother (with few openings for freelancers and independant drows who work outside the house in merc fashion or run a business). So matron mother candidates must be able post daily for long term! Or very least consistenly once every 48 hours. First page of OOC thread have some house rules how seduction/willbreaking works (those interested on those things) and also posting format.

OOC thread

Erelhei-Cinlu

History
Vault of the Drow

House Eilservs was long the most powerful of Erelhei-Cinlu's noble houses, and long believed that the city should be ruled by a single queen of their house. When the other noble houses allied against the Eilservs to prevent this from happening, the Eilservs renounced the worship of the demon queen Lolth, turning instead to an Elder Elemental God. They then attempted to establish a puppet kingdom in the surface world dedicated to the worship of their new deity, hoping this would bring them enough power that their claims to supreme power in the Vault could no longer be denied. This scheme was thwarted by a band of adventurers.

The same adventuring party,with numerous allies, then entered the Vault itself and assaulted the Eilservs estates and the Great Fane of Lolth itself. In the aftermath the Eilservs were ruined, their wealth and power shattered, and vengeful priestesses of Lolth turned on them to exile what remained. Many fled to the lesser drow city of Angrimm, which was subsequently overrun by the vampire spawns by a female drow vampire countess known as De'lilyth.

The Priestess Wars

Back in the city, the remaining noble houses squabbled for dominance. The Tormtor and Kilsek houses were the chief claimants, and the Tormtor elected to reject Lolth and embrace the worship of Kiaransalee to challenge the Kilsek's claim that their long devotion to Lolth had earned them the right to supremacy. The houses of Everhate and Aleval allied with the Tormtor, as did a group of extraplanar githyanki. With the Kilsek faction was aligned the houses of Despana, Noquar, Godeep, as well as the illithids who naturally opposed their githyanki enemies (most likely these were the illithids of nearby Dra-Mur-Shou).

As chaos and savage battles overtook the Vault, hundreds of drow died, as did hundreds of their mercenaries. Conflict lasted two centuries.

The war was finally ended after Eclavdra abased herself before Lolth and underwent a horrible punishment to prove herself. Surviving unmarred, she made a pact with her goddess whose nature remains obscure, but evidently involved seducing and betraying the demon lord Graz'zt. In reward, Lolth intervened personally to end the war. Though turning her concentration to this conflict cost the Demon Queen of Spiders her two
promising holdings in the surface, the war was ended definitively. House Eilserv was reinstated in power and House Kilsek was banished, replaced with House Archwinter who took over ghetto of the dead by House Eilserv blessing after arise of the rather unique case of matron mother who had single night slaugthered all siblings and own mother since she was send to be sacrificed by Lolth. Leaving no doubt that Lolth had been enraged wrong judgement call by former matron mother of Archwinter.

Most recently, House Lice-Drilloth has risen to power by exterminating the last of House Everhate by using army of spiders and handful driders. Also, House Shi'quos was displaced (destroyed) by the up-and-coming House d'Szeossen by using rather nefarious means, such as assassination and extortion, along with leveling accusations of treason.

The drow of Erelhei-Cinlu have gained a certain perspective from these tumultuous events, replacing overt military schemes with more subtle scheming, at least for the time being.

Geography

Erelhei-Cinlu lies in a huge cavern, over six miles long and nearly as wide, beneath the Hellfurnaces known as the Vault (also known as the Vault of the Drow). A huge chunk of turnkeoite on the ceiling of the Vault gives the appearance of an alien moon, whilst much smaller deposits of other exotic minerals give one the impression of an starry night sky.

Major bodies of water within the Vault include the Pitchy Flow, the Weeping Spring that flows north and west into it, and the Mere of Glooms in the midst of the Weeping Spring.

Much of the Vault is filled with forests of lichens, crystalline growths, and fungi. Merchant estates are scattered south of the city, as are fortresses for the male and female orders of warriors. The city itself is built on the southern bank of the Pitchy Flow in the northern corner of the Vault. A single structure, the Flying Bridge, connects Erelhei-Cinlu with the other side of the Pitchy Flow. Across the river is a plateau containing the estates of the noble houses, and a tunnel leading to the Great Fane of Lolth.

The city of Erelhei-Cinlu is surrounded by a 30-foot-tall wall of seamless polished basalt, interrupted by 40-foot square towers at regular intervals. On the shores of the river, the wall is 50 feet high and without towers; the river wall is the exclusive domain of female soldiers.

The buildings of Erelhei-Cinlu are alien and strangely disturbing to human eyes, its streets narrow and crooked.

Population

Erelhei-Cinlu boasts a population of some 27,000 souls. 40% of these are drow, 15% are troglodytes, 12% are bugbears, 10% are surface dwellers and undead, 4% are mind flayers, 4% are trolls, 4% are yugoloths, 3% are kuo-toans, 3% are demons, 1% are svirfneblin, 1% are orcs, and 1% are githyanki or githzerai.

Religion

The principal religion of Erelhei-Cinlu is the worship of Lolth, the Spider Queen. Other deities worshiped by the drow of Erelhei-Cinlu include Kiaransali, and Zinzerena. The priesthood of Kiaransali is dominant in the Ghetto of Chattels, though always under the supervision of Lolth's priestesses. The Great Fane of Lolth is located in a separate cavern; worshipers must leave the city and cross the Pitchy Flow and the nobles' estates to reach it. In the Ghetto of Foreigners, along the Street of Lies, the drow permit the temples of deities worshiped by other races, including Nerull, Boccob, Ralishaz, Incabulos, Erythnul, Beltar, Raxivort, Vecna, and Tharizdun, though the temple of Tharizdun is more of a museum than an active place of worship. After the resurrection of Orcus, one of his temples is said to be found here as well.

Languages

The drow speak their own dialects of the Elven language mixed with Undercommon, the common tongue of the Underdark. Drow often use Elven and Undercommon interchangeably, creating an effective pidgin language at times. Other races who come to the Vault of the Drow, including duergar, illithids, humans, and others, have their own languages but Undercommon serves as the lingua franca for trade.

Transportation

A road leading from nearby tunnels and caverns opens from a fissure in the Vault's southern wall, leading past a fortress called the Black Tower a mile north before reaching the city proper. All non-citizens must stop at the Tower to be inspected; they are given green silk cloaks to indicate that they have been cleared. Foreigners without these cloaks are normally killed or enslaved by the drow in short order.

Cast

House of XXX

Unaligned (meaning outside house employees or independant workers)

Rules and Rulings

Starting level: 14, so 12 class levels for drow characthers, including matron mothers.
Starting gold: 150,000
Stats: 32 point buy
Classes/Feats/Allowed Sources: I got wide selection of books so ask what you want use (feats, PrC's and so on). Recommended to have Drows of the Underdark book.
HP: Full in first level and each pairless levels (1, 3, 5 etc). Rest levels you get 75% of your HD as HP. Below is the formula for each HD;
d4=3
d6=4.5
d8=6.5
d10=7.5
d12=8.5

To make it easy to count round down the fractions and after all counting add +3 to your HP total to get the fractions.

Pictures: Here is nice link given by player for drow pic collection (females on top of the page and males at bottom of the page); http://s749.photobucket.com/albums/xx134/ulthakptah/Drows/?start=all

Matron Mothers
Any female drow who has 6 divine CL to able cast third level divine spells is able to become matron mother (expect few npc cases from Erelhei-Cinlu sourcebook). Unlike other chars matron mothers gain following benefits;

Bonus feats (for free)
-Landlord feat from Stronghold Builder's Guide. It gives them 200,000 additional gold to build up their houses (and double up to 50,000gp any own starting gold invested to stronghold). I can assist on the building matter if you lack the book.
-Special house ruled leadership for matron mothers in below;
Feat: Drow Matron

Drow Matron
Prerequisites: Drow female, able to cast 3rd level divine spells, GM's permission
Benefits: the character is the Matron of a drow noble House. She is the leader of a family of powerful drow nobles, and has a considerable following of commoners beneath her. This feat works almost identically to Leadership, only with adaptations suitable for a drow matron. Firstly, for the purposes of this feat, the character's Leadership score gains a +5 modifier. Secondly, there are no penalties to one's leadership score for Aloofness, Cruelty, Causing the Death of Followers, or having a Familiar, Animal Companion, etc (note that killing cohorts still brings penalties). Thirdly, all of the numbers on the table for Followers are multiplied by 10, but with stipulations on the Followers selected.

1st and 2nd level: These followers are required to be slaves of the following species; orcs, goblinoids, or other suitable species. They are not willing followers, and thus there are special penalties; they must be locked up unless under the eye of a follower of 3rd level or higher, or else they will flee and be lost until replaced.

3rd level and up: These followers must be drow (see Exception below), whether they are warriors, mages, or lesser priestesses. The highest two levels of followers must be devoted to the Matron's family, in the form of daughters, sons, nephews, nieces, brothers, sisters, etc.

Exception: Up to one plus Charisma modifier followers may instead be chosen from a likely retainer taken on by a drow Matron (GM's judgement), so long as its effective level fits within the total followers available (Note: these special followers can be chosen from the top two levels, despite those normally being reserved for family).

The Matron's cohort must be a male drow, who serves as her patron, unless a PC patron is chosen, in which case the cohort simply fills a role as a high-level follower.

House Businesses
The way how I measure how each house gains income is this; each matron of the house chooses 1 major source of income and chooses two secondary ones. No other house can share the major source of other house (that house holds monopoly in said business). But they can share secondary sources of income (meaning can select same secondary businesses). The way how it is handled is found in DMG II pg180; business management.

It means I tailor make if need be, a business which has one major skill related to it with two secondary skills (which mostly give bonus to business check). You take 10 with major skill and you must get 25 to get no loss of a income. If you go over that you gain profit. Now the list in DMG II is quite small and meaning just one business. But when drow house runs a business they run multiple shops, taverns and factories. So their income goes following; their major income has 1,000% bigger numbers and secondary have 100% bigger numbers.

The exact profit depends is the selected business high, medium or low in risk chances. Example if you take low risk chance business as major business, the DMG II shows that each point over 25 in the business roll you gain as 10gp each point. But as house major business you gain 10,000gp instead per point past 25. The business roll is done once per month and also you get business related event rolled by the GM (high risk business gets two event rolls). If your check goes under 25, you loose that said amount of coin from the house (there are bad consequences if your unable to pay the fine).

If some matron mother does not have DMG II I can explain it more thorough fashion in a PM where I can explain all factors which improve and reduce the business roll. However know that if you select example weapon industry as major business, having high ranks in craft:weaponcrafting would be major skill and so having high as possible rank/modifier in said skill helps.

Snake

Aeriyon Elisias
Human Yuan-Ti Shadow-walker of Mask
Ranger 5/Assassin 7

Stats:

Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 18 (+4)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 14 (+2)
Wis: 11 (+0)
Cha: 12 (+2)

Templates:

Yuan-Ti Tainted One
+2 Con
At-Will Psionics: Poison (as a sorcerer of HD), Polymorph (Sorcerer of HD, limited to Snakes or Serpents only)
Special Attacks: Poison Bite (DC: 18- 1d4 Con Damage repeat)
Special Qualities: Snake Poison Immunity, Spell Resistance 16
LA+1

Shadow Walker
+2 Dex, -2 Con
Special Attacks: Spell-Like Abilities:  3day: Darkness, Shadow Mask, Shadow Spray | 2/day: Dimension Door | 1/day Shadow Walk (NONE of them can be used in Direct Daylight)

Special Qualities: Light Blindness, Darkvision 60'
+4 Competence Bonus on Hide Checks
LA+1

Pathfinder Ranger 5:

Base Attack: +5
Base Saves: +4/+4/+1
Bonus Feat: Track
Wild Empathy
Combat Style: Archery (Bonus Feat: Point Blank Shot)
Bonus Feat: Endurance
Favored Enemy: Human +4, Elf/Drow +2
Animal Companion: Bat

Assassin 7:

Base Attack: +5 (Total BAB: +10/+5)
Base Saves: +2/+5/+2
Sneak Attack +4d6
Death Attack
Poison Use
Spells: (4/4/2/1)
---Known: 1st Level: Detect Poison, True Strike, Ghost Sound, Disguise Self
     2nd Level: Alter Self, Invisibility, Spider Climb, Pass without Trace
     3rd Level: Nondetection, Misdirection, Deeper Darkness
     4th Level: Freedom of Movement
+3 vs Poison
Improved Uncanny Dodge

Feats by Level: Human Bonus Feat: Improved Initiative; 1) Weapon Finesse; 3) Daylight Adaptation; 6) Blend into Shadow; 9) Quick Draw; 12) Iron Will

Equipment/Inventory:

Vampiric Short Sword +1
+1 Eager Hunting Sleeve Blade (Dagger) of Deadly Precision
Mithral Chain Shirt +4 of Shadow and Silent Moves

Boots of Side-Stepping (3/day: Side-step a melee attack an immediate action, 5-step that doesn't count against limit/turn)
Gauntlets of Murder (as bracers of Murder, just as Gauntlets) (+2 Atk/Damage on Sneak Attacks, Death Attack DC +2)
Counterstrike Bracers (2/day: Make Counter-attack that doesn't count against AoO's per turn against a missed melee attack)
Cloak of Arachnida (Continuous Spider Climb; Immune to Web Spells; Cast Web 1/day; +2 Luck bonus vs spider poison)
Heartseeking amulet (3/day make an attack as a touch attack)
Rogue's Vest (+1d6 Sneak Attack Damage, +2 Hide and Move Silently)
Ring of Drow Blood (Gain Spell-like Abilities: 1/day Darkness, Dancing Lights and Faerie Fire)
Ring of Protection +3

Pouch of Daylight Pellets (Contains 3 pellets)

Implants/Grafts: Added Tail (Yuan-Ti Graft) Gain constrict attack doing 1d4+1.5Str against small creatures, Gain Natural Swim speed 15 (Can always take 10 on Swim checks +8 Swim, +8 Balance)
Adventurer's Standard Pack

I still need to work on the skills though. It's hard to do by hand sometimes or just Tedious I'll get around to it here soon. But this is what I have so far.

Zaer Darkwail

Snake, I recall I did not approve pathfinder core classes in this game.

Snake

Oh. well there isnt 'much of a difference really other than that Rangers actually get to choose which combat style feats they take. But i"ll fix it.

Kunoichi

...So, for my character for this game, I'm contemplating making a Vampire Spawn character.  The only problem is, I can't seem to settle on a class for it...

kongming

Hmm, I'd like to join, now that I'm fully back into the swing of roleplaying.

I assume you're okay with a dominant female drow (given it's a game primarily about drow)?

I'll make a character sheet up once I decide on what class etc. to take.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Kunoichi

'Dominant female Drow' is pretty much par for the course in Drow society. ;D Think you might be able to keep up with the Matron Mother position?

kongming

Yeah, I suppose I could play a Matron Mother. Hmm, would I be required to have sex with the male patron though? I'm not really into males.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Oh, I don't think it'll be a necessity. ^^ As the Matron Mother, you'll be the one in charge, after all.  If you want, you can easily just say that your character only has sex with men when she wants to conceive children, and has her fun with women, otherwise.  And since you presumably won't want to conceive any children during the game...

Saric

Color me interested. Just a few questions.

1. How do you feel about psionics?
2. How do you feel about the Erudite base class from the Complete Psionic?
3. How do you feel about the Thrallherd Prestige Class?
4. How do you feel about the use of the Drow or Spider Domains which have been added to Lolth in some settings?

"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Zaer Darkwail

Saric:

1. I am okay with psionics, rare as talent is it still can flourish among drow population
2. I prefer not use Erudite base class from Complete Psionics. I prefer keep my psions powers more unique than 'memorisized'.
3. Thrallherd PrC is fine with me.
4. I allow drow and spider domains, I got the FR books.

Kongming: Indeed as Kunoichi said; you can be entirely lesbian matron mother (and overall female drows favor usually female partners and can form actual emotional relationships with other females while males are just 'goods' which are spend and thrown away when 'goods quality' wears off). But only part is that you most matron mothers have breeded at least three or six children (third male children are sacrificed to Lolth). Reason is that matron mother's power is also tied on status quo for being fertile and having daugthers studying to be Lolth priestesses but this is not a must but more a expected standard. If you dislike idea of having bred in past you could have adopted talented female drow children as your daugthers (altough other matron mothers may question the practice but no one would prevent it).

Anyways if you can stick to be active to post minimum 48 hours some update then your welcome to be matron mother :).

kongming

I can keep up with that post rate, yeah. And I'm okay with having had several children in the past - she's probably had around seven children, sacrificed the third male, and is raising her daughters to be at each others' throats (so that they're not working together to usurp her throne). She's probably also adopted a few talented individuals which have the status of daughter, but she is more intimate with them.

I'll get to work over the next couple of days. I think she'll be a Cleric 7 Divine Disciple 5 (Player's Guide to Faerun), and if you allow it, I'd like to use the PHB 2 option to swap "Spontaneous Inflict" for "Spontaneous Domain" (letting me select one domain that I can convert regular prepared spells into).

Ons/Offs:

Saric

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 02, 2012, 01:01:16 AM
Saric:

1. I am okay with psionics, rare as talent is it still can flourish among drow population
2. I prefer not use Erudite base class from Complete Psionics. I prefer keep my psions powers more unique than 'memorisized'.
3. Thrallherd PrC is fine with me.
4. I allow drow and spider domains, I got the FR books.

Ok I'll start writing up a character sheet then. I'd always interpreted it more as imprinting the power on themselves but I see where you're coming from.

A few more questions I forgot to ask last time.
1. Do you want to make the Thrall since it just shows up or should I?
2. How do you deal with the whole Spell Resistance vs Power Resistance issue? The three methods in the UA are, 'they work the same', 'they're completely different things', and 'they work but at 10 less then normal'(i.e. a SR of 22 only counts as a PR of 12). I just need to know so I know whether or not to focus on overcoming spell resistance with my feats or not. Since all drow have it casters tend to have to worry about it more when dealing with them or end up useless in a pinch.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

ulthakptah

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 01, 2012, 05:04:43 PM
...So, for my character for this game, I'm contemplating making a Vampire Spawn character.  The only problem is, I can't seem to settle on a class for it...
Quote from: Kunoichi on February 01, 2012, 07:31:27 PM
Oh, I don't think it'll be a necessity. ^^ As the Matron Mother, you'll be the one in charge, after all.  If you want, you can easily just say that your character only has sex with men when she wants to conceive children, and has her fun with women, otherwise.  And since you presumably won't want to conceive any children during the game...
Should be lots of fun for males that have no interest in corpses...

Anyway, I'm one of the older players that was still playing and plans on using the same character.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=329381
Here he is. Bio and stuff is on the sheet already.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, you can swap the feature for the one in PHB II Kongming.

Quote from: Saric on February 02, 2012, 01:39:02 AM
Ok I'll start writing up a character sheet then. I'd always interpreted it more as imprinting the power on themselves but I see where you're coming from.

A few more questions I forgot to ask last time.
1. Do you want to make the Thrall since it just shows up or should I?
2. How do you deal with the whole Spell Resistance vs Power Resistance issue? The three methods in the UA are, 'they work the same', 'they're completely different things', and 'they work but at 10 less then normal'(i.e. a SR of 22 only counts as a PR of 12). I just need to know so I know whether or not to focus on overcoming spell resistance with my feats or not. Since all drow have it casters tend to have to worry about it more when dealing with them or end up useless in a pinch.

1) I will conjure the thrall, I use my infamous NPC random generator for it. He/She is going to be useful minion someway but what way is going to be random.
2) They are identical in my setting, less fuss about. But spellcraft can't ID psionic effects (so are harder to counter dispel on fly but dispel magic can disrupt constant psionic effects).

Kunoichi

Well, I can't think of a good build for a vampire spawn character. ><; So never mind, I'll try a different character.

Hmm.  Come to think of it, that one Matron character I had come up with is pretty much complete, aside from not having a cohort, followers, or a stronghold.  If I just erased the Landlord and Matron Mother bonus feats from her character sheet, I could easily just use her as she is.

So, Kongming, feel like having an Anti-Paladin of Lolth for an adopted daughter?  Admittedly, you may have to share her with her own draconic mount...

Snake

Fixed the Human Assassin up there. Just had to remove spells/day and Favored Terrain from the Ranger levels

Saric

I'm sure your getting tired of hearing from me but these should be the last questions.

1. How do you feel about the Arms and Equipment Guide? I know it's only 3.0 but they never make a 3.5 version. Mostly I really want to know what your stance is on the special materials for armor and the suggestion that you can add a feat to a magic item for 10,000gp. I'm really just getting together my magic items and Powers Known at this point and then I can send you a Character Sheet.
2. Is this before or after the city gets ripped out of the Greyhawk setting and dropped in the Faerunian Underdark. Specifically the Northdark.

Kunoichi

For the second question, I don't think we're getting that far into things.  Our concerns are largely going to be centered around Erelhei-Cinlu, without much of a focus on the larger setting.

kongming

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 02, 2012, 10:36:44 AM
So, Kongming, feel like having an Anti-Paladin of Lolth for an adopted daughter?  Admittedly, you may have to share her with her own draconic mount...

Sounds good to me :D

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Excellent. ;D Now we just have to hope the dragon doesn't try to stage a hostile takeover at some point...

Aybara

I shall be returning with Krayt, a Deep Dragon though in this incarnation of the game I'll be working as an independent mercenary sort who'll be happy to help anyone for reasonable rates and his word will be important to his future prospects so he'll actually keep it in business arrangements. He's not terribly old but he is happy to perform various acts of violence with monetary encouragement.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Saric on February 02, 2012, 05:09:19 PM
I'm sure your getting tired of hearing from me but these should be the last questions.

1. How do you feel about the Arms and Equipment Guide? I know it's only 3.0 but they never make a 3.5 version. Mostly I really want to know what your stance is on the special materials for armor and the suggestion that you can add a feat to a magic item for 10,000gp. I'm really just getting together my magic items and Powers Known at this point and then I can send you a Character Sheet.
2. Is this before or after the city gets ripped out of the Greyhawk setting and dropped in the Faerunian Underdark. Specifically the Northdark.

1) I allow items and special materials from the book but as side note; bladed gauntlet has crit range similar to a kukri. I had seen horrible abuse of it in my most recent city of spider queen campaign where rogue has augmentation crystal which allows sneak attacks vs undead and has feat which allows do sneak attack dmg on critical hit -_-. Also no feats transferred to magic items (besides existing ones from 3.5 edition).
2) As Kunoichi said; larger setting or rest Underdark would not matter as game focuses on Erelhei-Cinlu. Ofc you can arrange slave raids and such but those matters are rolled by dice to determine success. Which is modified favorably if PC(s) are present. But if wondering a larger scale on things lore wise, I lean more towards Faerunian underdark/surface world but consider the setting is generic DnD so there can be followers of Greyhawk deities in FR universe.

ulthakptah

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 03, 2012, 12:59:55 AM
1) I allow items and special materials from the book but as side note; bladed gauntlet has crit range similar to a kukri. I had seen horrible abuse of it in my most recent city of spider queen campaign where rogue has augmentation crystal which allows sneak attacks vs undead and has feat which allows do sneak attack dmg on critical hit -_-. Also no feats transferred to magic items (besides existing ones from 3.5 edition).
2) As Kunoichi said; larger setting or rest Underdark would not matter as game focuses on Erelhei-Cinlu. Ofc you can arrange slave raids and such but those matters are rolled by dice to determine success. Which is modified favorably if PC(s) are present. But if wondering a larger scale on things lore wise, I lean more towards Faerunian underdark/surface world but consider the setting is generic DnD so there can be followers of Greyhawk deities in FR universe.
Oh, you mean telling blow? I have that feat, and duel wield kukris, for which I have improved critical. I'm glad everyone pays so much attention to the mechanics of my character. Also I'm switching out some of my equipment. I will be getting Deathstrike Bracers instead of Bracers of Murder. As I don't think there will be less undead in the new game.

Also the guy has a 10k augmentation crystal on a weapon with a +3 enhancement. After sinking that much gold in that weapon he deserves to murder undead.

kongming

Name: Faeremhara Llaeloth
Race: Drow
Sex: Female
Height and Weight: 5'4, 130lbs
Orientation: Lesbian
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Deity: Lolth
Class & Level: Cleric 7/Divine Disciple 5

Ability:Score:Mod:Temp:Temp Mod:
Strength10(+0)14(+2)
Dexterity16(+3)20(+5)
Constitution10(+0)12(+1)
Intelligence14(+2)14(+2)
Wisdom19(+4)25(+7)
Charisma16(+3)18(+4)

Initiative: +5
Speed: 30' (30')
Hit Points: 99/99 (0 non-lethal, 0 temporary, 0 vile, 0 frostburn)
Immunities: Sleep Spells
Resistances: +2 on Will Saves vs Spells, +2 vs Enchantments, +2 on Saves vs [Good] effects/Good creatures, Spell Resistance 23

BAB/Grapple: +8/+10
Melee Attacks: +10/+5
Ranged Attacks: +13/+8
Queen's Scourge: +14/+9 melee at 5' and 10' (1d8+7 two-handed, 20/x2, 1/day deal extra 4d8+12 Inflict damage, can Trip/Disarm)

Armour Class: 22 (+5 Dex +1 Deflection +6 Armour)
Flat Footed: 17
Touch Attacks: 16

Saves:BaseAbilityMiscTotal
Fort:+9+1+0+10
Ref:+3+5+2+10
Will:+9+7+0+16

Languages Spoken:
Common
Elven
Undercommon
Drow Sign

Proficiencies:
All Armour and Shields
Simple Weapons
Rapier, Short Sword and Hand Crossbow

Feats:
1 HD: Lolth's Caress
3 HD: XWP: Scourge
6 HD: Fade Into Darkness
Bonus: Matron Mother (Leadership Score 21 assuming the Matron Mother bonus replaces the "great renown" and "has a base of operations" bonuses)
9 HD: Deceptive Illumination
12 HD: Gift of the Spider Queen

Skills:

Knowledge: Religion10 ranks+12
Diplomacy10 ranks+16
Sense Motive5 ranks+11
Craft: Silk15 ranks+23
Profession: Merchant5 ranks+11

Special Attacks:
Spellcasting
Spell-like Abilities: 2/day Faerie Fire; 3/day Dancing Lights, Darkness
Rebuke Undead 7/day

Special Qualities:
Elven Senses
Darkvision 120'
Detect Secret Doors
Light Blindness
Sacred Defence +2
Transcendence
Divine Emissary
Imbue With Spell Ability
Spontaneous Drow Domain conversion
-Cloak of Dark Power; Clairaudience/Clairvoyance; Suggestion; Discern Lies, Spiderform, Greater Dispel Magic
Spider Domain
-Rebuke Spiders 7/day
Evil Domain
-Plus 1 CL on Evil Spells
Drow Domain
-Lightning Reflexes

Spellcasting:
Orisons: DC 17
-Cure Minor Wounds, Cure Minor Wounds, Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Magic, Create Water, Detect Good
1st Level: DC 18
-Sanctuary, Divine Favour, Shield of Faith, Impede, Faith Healing, Lesser Vigour, Command, D: Protection From Good
2nd Level: DC 19
-Aid, Augury, Hold Person, Bewildering Visions, Curse of Ill Fortune, Wave of Grief, D: Summon Swarm
3rd Level: DC 20
-Animate Dead, Bestow Curse, Dominate Vermin, Invisibility Purge, Vigour, Briar Web, D: Phantom steed
4th Level: DC 21
-Divine Power, Freedom of Movement, Neutralise Poison, Doomtide, D: Unholy Blight
5th Level: DC 22
-Bebilith Blessing, Divine Retribution, Righteous Might, True Seeing, D: Insight Plague
6th Level: DC 23
-Create Undead, Blade Barrier, Harm, D: Spider Curse

Equipment:
Periapt of Wisdom +6 (36,000)
Gloves of Dexterity +4 (16,000)
Cloak of Charisma +2 (4,000)
Queen's Scourge (47,520)
Ring of Deflection +1 (2,000)
Ring of Drow Blood (4,800)
Boots of Constitution +2 (6,000)
Belt of Strength +4 (16,000)
Studded Leather +3 (9,200)
Elegant gown (180)
Spinning Loom of Elegance +6 (6,200)
-Doesn't use a slot, +6 Competence to Craft: Silk Weaving
10PP

This is just the stats for my character - her background and appearance will follow, along with the Leadership, Business and Stronghold information.
Does Zaer want to make the Cohort, or do I make him (within the requirements)?

Ons/Offs: