Sephora's rp palace

Started by Sephora, January 06, 2010, 05:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephora

Alright, so I am looking for something plot based, and hopefully long term. 

Replacement Hero
The Masked Vigilante was the greatest of heroes.  For years he had saved Urbanopolis from impending doom.  He'd picked up countless amounts of allies along the way, and countless amounts of enemies.  Through it all he had prevailed.  He had not been the traditional hero, he couldn't fly, didn't have super-strength, although many of the thugs that he'd thrown in prison would argue both of those statements to death.  In truth the Masked Vigilante was just a normal man, a normal man with a predisposition for inventions, and a hunger to bring justice to Urbanopolis. Or at least, he had.

He's been completely under the radar for the past two weeks.  People are starting to get curious.

Except for the Fairweather family.

They are far too busy mourning the loss of their only son, and heir to the Fairweather empire.  Now whenever the news isn't focused on the missing hero, it's focusing on the newly deceased son of the biggest business mogul Urbanopolis has ever seen. The news talking about what could have been, about how the lazy playboy's reckless lifestyle had made it all but expected...and about what it meant for the city, about what it meant for the Fairweather's younger daughter, and about what it meant for the average viewers Fairweather household items. 

It isn't until after his funeral that his younger sister begins the process of going through her dead brother's things.  In the process discovering just who her brother had been.

---

So obviously I'm looking for a superhero game!! ^__^ This idea came to me after having a super long batman marathon, and I can't get it out of my head.  This is just a basic idea of course, so any suggestions, or any concepts you'd like to change around would be more than welcome!

There's a lot of room for this to be about the girl trying to take her brother's place as a hero, and finding assistance, whether reluctant or willing, from an old ally of his.  Or even with her trying to make it out on her own, and having to deal with the masked vigilante's old arch nemesis.  There's a lot of leeway for character involvement, and opportunities; which is why I left it a bit open ended...

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
She'd just been a little nice.  That was all.  It hadn't been anything special.  She'd just offered a little comfort to someone who seemed a little upset.  A small act that anyone would have done in her place.  There was no for her to have known about the consequences such an action would have.  Because by offering up such a small act of kindness, she caught someone's attention.  The wrong someone.  He was from Faery, and they were never supposed to meet.  But now they had, and he wanted her. 

This is a story about love.  It is about human love, the soft, sensual, romanticized thing.  This is also about fae love, and how it is a very different thing.   

This game has been tickling the back of my brain for awhile now, but i've finally decided to try and type it out.  It can be a dark, thrilling exploration of the Fae, as well as a character study of both a faery who takes interest in a human and the human who suddenly finds themselves the focus of something otherworldly.   It can also be an examination of huge concepts like, 'good' and 'bad' and how they are more based on perception than solid fact.

Ms. Sherlock Holmes

Alright, so I've been reading some Sherlock Holmes story and it's gotten me interested in the inner workings of a consulting detective.  I'd love to play out the concept, but with Holmes being of a more feminine nature.  Ideally, I'd like to delve into the relationship between Holmes and Moriarty.  The competition and respect that borders on obsession.   It would be an interesting power play that I'd love to see played out, and see what changes with the male/female dynamic.  I'd be happy to play this out in both a Victorian or modern setting, and would love to integrate any idea you have into it.

Who is Really In Charge?

Alright, so these are more character concepts than anything else.  I love the idea of an odd control reversal relationship that teeters into dom/sub, but not quite.  I like the idea of there being an extremely powerful man; one of the greatest warriors the world has ever known.  He is your typical warrior; strong, smart, fast, durable.  The person many expect to lead armies; if not countries.  Whether he is the kind to save damsels or capture them is up to you.  Yet despite his more than capable ability, and the perception that he is a true leader, what many do not know is that he is at the beck and call of a single girl.  Maybe they grew up together in the same village long before he become the powerful adventurer he now is.  In any case; whenever the two interact, the girl automatically bosses the man around with little kindness, while the man succumbs to her every whim.  The woman in question being weaker than him in just about every way, except in personality. 

I'd prefer if this be a more fantasy medieval game than anything else, but if someone has a good idea, I may be swayed.

-------------------------

A lesson In Seduction

A woman is in love with a man, but she is absolutely useless in the art of seduction.  BUT she either finds out about/ knows about a man who is famed for his ability with the ladies, So she goes to him, and asks him to teach her how to seduce the man she is currently in love with.  He agrees, and starts to give her lessons. In any case; it turns into the two of them being in love.

----------

Modern Gods
Ancient Greece was extremely polytheistic, with more Gods than you could count.  The myths entertain and amuse historians and every day people alike.  But what if the stories were not myths? What if they were facts? What if the Gods did exist, and in fact still do?  What if your mail man was Hermes, or what if the woman working at the farmer's market was Demeter?  How do the god's live their lives in the 21st century?  What old grudges have faded, and what new ones will take their place?  There are many different routes I'd like to take with this concept.  Perhaps a game about where the gods are now, in modern day time, hiding inside normal society.  Or perhaps bringing an old tale to life, the story of Hades and Persephone as though it was happening now, rather than hundreds of years ago. The possibilities are endless.

Besides the open offering for just about any mix of gods, I do have two particular pairings that I would like to see played out.  The first is Hades and Persephone.  I know that their story is one of the most commonly used for rps, but it really is appealing. I think seeing the classic tale through a modern lens would be a fun way to give an extra spark to an otherwise typical game.

I would also like to try a Ares and Aphrodite game.  The infidelity and mistreatment of Hephaestus, the union between two such passion based gods....there is a lot to offer here and I would love to get an opportunity to have a really character-focused game.  Having a game that revolved around this little trio wouldn't even necessarily have to take place in a modern setting, I think it would be fun to play out in any scenario. 
-----

Wild Wild Werewolves?

It’s the 1800’s, and eager travelers make their way through uncharted territories, heading as west as possible.  Small towns have been popping up all over the country, and the time of cowboys, saloon girls, and good old fashion shoot outs is among us.  However one particular small town is a bit…different, than the rest.  Dark red liquids can be seen in expensive bottles at the saloon; along side the normal bottles of liquor of course.  The cattle wranglers never seem to have a problem with wolves, and in fact have never lost a cow yet.  Oddly enough, they do switch out guard dogs at least twice a day….

It’s all perfectly normal for them of course, but when a newcomer comes into town, in search of her missing brother who was last seen headed straight for this particular town, the oddities of this particular small town become a much bigger problem. 
--------------

Not So Similar

It’s the modern world,in  just your average everyday city.  Complete with drug dealers, vampires, crime lords, police officers, werewolves, and all the other local yocals.   Fifty years ago the supernatural world revealed itself to the world, and while in the beginning there were the expected amounts of riots and panic, the world has since calmed down.  Attacks on vampires during the day time are considered hate crimes, witches have their own union, and wolf pack territory disputes are mostly treated like street gang turf wars.  Now that we’ve got that’s out of the way, allow me to introduce you to PIB.  The Paranormal Investigations Bureau.  Just another government agency who just happens to specialize in the more supernatural issues of state.  And PIB in New York City? Now that’s one of the hardest damn jobs there is.

I see this going a lot of ways.  It could be an Investigator dealing with the local crime lord. Or it could be the adventures of two partners investigating crime after crime.  Hell it could even be an official investigator teaming up with someone on an unofficial, but still productive basis.
---

Wild West
America is expanding.  It is time for new things, and new places.  Thousands have left the secure shores of the east coast in order to make a place for themselves.  Farms have begun to grow in all sorts of places, and towns filled with all different sorts of people have emerged all across the country. Some of them have existed for generations already, while others seemed to have appeared overnight.  Old women sit on their rocking chairs dreaming of times long past next to young men with a restless energy in their hearts.  Still, law is all but nonexistent in these towns.  And in the farms surrounding them, the only thing keeping the bandit's out is the strength of their owners. All in all, the events that take place in these communities are all but insignificant in the big scheme of things. 

It is in one of these tiny insignificant communities that our story take place.

The Walker farm was never that large or that successful, but it had a steady harvest and a well supplied stock of animals.  With a loving couple and three healthy children, all was right with the world.  Then Both Mr. Walker and Mrs. Walker died from a sudden illness, leaving their oldest daughter left behind to take care of both the farm and her two younger siblings.  Life which had once seemed so definitive before now seems to have no surefire way to victory. 

With bandits edging in one way, competing farmers at the other, and the ever present tax man coming to enforce the payments that the farm still owes, the Walkers, and Sarah in particular, have a lot of work on their hands. 

Rescuing the Maiden

I love the premise of a maiden who all the kingdom assumes to be held captive by a dragon, is in reality the dragon's lover.  So when a knight in shining armor 'rescues' the damsel, she is devastated and feels as though she has in fact been kidnapped.  Virtually trapped inside the castle while the world prepares for her and 'her' knight's impending nuptials, our damsel is startled to find a new warrior entering Court.  A man whose eyes she recognizes. 

Random assortment of things I would love to work a plot around:

Genre Interests:
Fantasy
Medieval
Modern
Victorian Era
Regency
Supernatural (Vampires, werewolves, Fae, etc. etc.)
Mythological (Greek gods, Irish myths. Name it, I'll try it.)
male harems
superheroes:(original/Batman/Xmen/Spiderman)
Harvest Moon
vampire the masquerade
Log Horizon

Book series:
Dresden Files
Lords of the Underworld....hell, anything based on a Showalter novel.
Carpathian series
Alice in Wonderland
Grimm Fairy Tales
Fables
Alice in Wonderland

Superhero universes I am fond of:
Marvel
DC

----
I am also interested in a variety of other concepts, so just send me a message if you have a good idea rolling around in your head.

pics that inspire me that I want to form rp plot around:

Mars
His Light
The Queen
Earth,Sea, and Sky
An Evil Queen
A mighty Quest
Thief

Pm me or post here, both work and I am more than happy to take multiple rps.  ^_^

Current craving in order:
Throw some of your own cravings at me, let's see if we can make something happen. 

Insight

I am 100% completely and utterly excited about this idea. I would very much love to play this with you, especially if we could throw in some cheesy Indiana Jones ideas and plots. Let's do it!
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Sephora

That's fantastic! I love cheesy ^_^.

Sephora

Sephora

newly added: Who is really in charge?

Sephora

Sanai

I am interested in anything victorian/supernatural. Especially if the two are combined.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Darthvegeta800

The regent seems to have potential for an interesting fantasy setup.
One that involves war, court intrigue and (forbidden?) romance.

Ashleebabe

I just wanted to pop in and say I love your ideas

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Sephora

Awww, thanks Ashleebabe! I appreciate the support! ^^ And you know, fabulous rper that you are, if you ever feeling like tossing me a concept, I'd love to rp with you again!

Ashleebabe

I would love to do any book related roleplay. Lol

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.

Sephora

Hrmm, send me a pm.  I think I've got a book series in mind that you might like. ^^

Sephora

Tiny update over book series

Sephora

Major craving in the supernatural area!

Sephora

Sephora

Updated

-Waiting for you-

-superheroes- (particularly batman!)

Sephora

Sephora

Added "Wild Wild Werewolves"

Sephora

Added, "To be that of the moon"

Sephora

Sephora

Added, "It's just production"

Sephora

Cleaned up picture section, opened up a few rp's.

Sephora

Sephora

Updated!

Added, "A take on Pygmalion"

Sephora