Return to Demon's Bane Hallow

Started by Hyde, February 09, 2010, 10:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hyde

Demon's Bane hollow was a simple town at first. However a few rotten apples quickly spoiled the bushel. After a few bad people took up residence in the small town it went downhill quickly. Soon the wickedness of some spread to the rest. The streets became crime filled and sinful. It was only a matter of time before the cobblestone streets started to run red with murder and other dark deeds. Soon the town was only know for its cutthroat alleys and corrupt streets. The evil of the town became infamous till one day........ The city itself just, disappeared.

The earth itself rejected the magnitude of evil that came from the town. Causing the towns link to the mortal plain to weaken and the small hollow just drifted into the spectral plain. Our story doesn't end here however. Once the town descended into darkness the true evil began. The citizens of Demon's Bane found themselves trapped inside the city walls and worse...they were changing. Soon the trapped corrupt souls started to take the form of true evil. The streets now run with Vampires, Werewolves, Dagons, Orcs, Ogres and all sorts of monsters and demons. The very sewers flow with blood and all manners of tentacled sea creatures. The tree's themselves have become alive and may even attack those that are foolish enough to walk into the woods that surround the town. The citizens of Demon's Bane have lived in this state for countless years.....still our story does not end here.

Long after Demon's Bane faded into the history books Cattenbury was founded. A small town not to far from the site that the evil hollow had once occupied. Their town is good and growing, full of your typical collection of people. Not realizing their proximity to the fallen town.  It has been a while and the memory of Demon's Bane has become just a legend, a story told to little children to keep them from misbehaving. Soon however.... when the stars are just right the Physical plain and the Spectral plain overlap, and just for a few days...maybe even a week or so the Hollow will return. The citizens free from their bonds will be allowed to roam the mortal world as long as the stars stay in their hold. Cattenbury is about to receive a surprise nobody ever expected as the ghosts and ghouls and all manner of evil leaves it's home to do the evil deeds that decided their fate before the city once again descends into the spectral plane for countless years....

I ran this once before and had a blast with it. It ended a bit to early when a few things came up and brought the story to a bit of a freeze. The idea is that once the town returns the monster will invade and then Cattenbury sends people to the Hallow. The monsters however have only a few things in mind and each one is more terrible then the next capture, mate, eat, and who knows what order it will happen in. However the Hallow hides one last secret. Those humans that are left in the town when it goes back to the nether are trapped till it returns, and when it does they themselves will be turned into monsters.
"I am the chief of sinners"

On/Offs

RedEve

Are you looking for victims or monsters? Or both?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Hyde

Both. I can handle the monster or the residence in npc form no problem so if we have all one and none of the other it is no big deal really. I just figured I would GM the thing and direct the monsters a certain way. If we have a shortage on either side I can fill in with multiple characters with out much of an issue.

On/Offs

RedEve

Hyde

Mid-evil fantasy. The most advanced technology would probably be some kind of firework, explosive or flintlock. Playable races are anything in that aspect. Cattenbury would be Humans, Elves, Dwarf, Gnome even. Monster could be anything listed or even a personally made one if I don't think it is a bit overpowered.

On/Offs

DeviantMunster

I'd like to express interest in this!

Hyde

Wonderful. What side are you interested in?

On/Offs

RedEve

I think I would be most interested in playing a small town wench in Cattenbury?

Hyde

On/Offs

DeviantMunster

Hmm. Canttebury as well. Though I'm unsure what 'profession' at the moment.You mentioned Elves?

Hyde

Sure did. Since it is a fantasy based game they would be right at home. Also if you have a certain idea for the monster you want to encounter let me know here or via pm.

On/Offs

Little Wolfie

Count me in for Canttebury, maybe an Elf, don't quite know yet.

And, if need be, I can also play a monster, which would be a Vampire.
With Life comes Death. With Death comes Mourning. With Mourning comes Pain. With Pain comes Death. It's a circle we live. When you don't fear Death, yourself, but fear Death of those close, You deal with circle many, many times. Tis, is why we try to turn the pain from mourning, into something enjoyable. But, when it is failed, it will lead to Death, and the circle, will start over. It's like the circle of Life, but not how you were taught.

Hyde

Well, start hashing out your characters. We don't have to many players so I should have no issue keeping up with the monster side of things. I have one request for a type of monster encounter if you have one you'd like to see in the game send me a pm and I'll work that in no problem. I also have no issue making unique and original monsters if you have an idea that doesn't fit the original monster mold.

On/Offs

RedEve

Quote from: Hyde on February 10, 2010, 03:56:04 PM
Well, start hashing out your characters. We don't have to many players so I should have no issue keeping up with the monster side of things. I have one request for a type of monster encounter if you have one you'd like to see in the game send me a pm and I'll work that in no problem. I also have no issue making unique and original monsters if you have an idea that doesn't fit the original monster mold.

Do you have a CS template for this game?

Hyde

Lets try

Reason for joining: (I.E. more for the adventure or sexual aspect)

Name:
Race:
Description:
Resident or Traveler:
Background:
Skill sets or Abilities:

That should be more then enough for now but if we need to add anything I'll let you know.

On/Offs

RedEve

Reason for joining: looking for my poor lass to be abused by as many of Bane's Hallow's creatures as possible. ;)

Name:
Jezebel Lapasale
Race: human
Description: Jezebel is 23 years old. She has lived in the small town of Cattenbury for all her life.
Appearance: see left
Resident or Traveler: Jezebel has lived in Cattenbury for all her life. In fact, she has never ventured more than a couple of miles away from the town.
Background: Everyone knows Jezebel as the slightly ditsy, somewhat slutty but quite well-liked bar maid of the White Token Tavern, the most popular drinking establishment in Cattenbury. Some of the women hate her for the fact that they (sometimes rightly) suspect their husbands of having fucked Jezebel on one of their trips to the tavern. She is, however, very popular with men of all ages.
Skill sets or Abilities: She can pour a mean ale, and many a man in Cattenbury had a fun roll in the hay with her, but her skill set does not reach much further than that.

Xanatos

I would like to express interest as well. I can play a victim and a monster if that's okay.

Hyde

No problem. Send me your monster via pm and put your victim on the board.

On/Offs

Xanatos

You mentioned transformations for those who are stuck in the city of Hallow when it returns to its realm, so I was thinking my lass gets turned into a Succubi or a Banshee at this moment. Sound reasonable?

Reason for joining: I would like some adventure and some sex. She can be abused by a variety of beasties.

Name: April Devir
Race: Human
Description: Fairly tall woman of 5'8" in height, a full and voluptuous body, the envy of many men. Her purple tinted eyes capture many's attention, surprised to see such a rare color if even possible color. She tends to wear clothing which show her monied status but just as often as not wears clothing more suited to the lower folks.

April is rich but not a snob like many would expect but nor is she really kind. She treats people with a decent amount of respect but on the other hand uses the influence her father has to get things she wants from time to time. The people have a more or less neutral attitude of her, not seeing her as worth their anger yet not worth their better feelings.

She has a strong will but is inexperienced in life so sometimes might come across as naive and under her strong exterior is a softer side which some see could be easily manipulated.

Resident or Traveler: Resident
Background: April was not born in the town having been brought along with her family. Her family is one of the richest in town and oversees trade in the town. This is where they have gained a large amount of their current wealth. April knows the woods well from her love of horseback riding, having gone and countless excursions. Few in the town do not know of this love of hers, and a few men have found a respect for her skill at riding.

Because she knows the forest so well, she was asked by her father to lead scouting parties out in search for mining resources or good wood to cut, and more.

Skill sets or Abilities: Knows a fair share about trading and such, can ride a horse with the best of men, knows how to handle money, is fairly skilled with getting her way.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

My monster will come at some point. Need to give myself time to dream it up.

Hyde

Deviant would you like to join us or are we set to go?

On/Offs

Duchess

i would like to join if this is still open..

Xanatos

Can anyone see the pic I put up for my character? I can't see it.

Duchess

Hyde

Yes it is still open. Just getting the character list together. What's your poison?

On/Offs

RedEve

Replace your picture with this one, Xanatos. Some websites prohibit hotlinking, which is why it is always better to upload whichever image you want to use to a third party host like Imageshack.