Assassins Creed: Throughout Time

Started by Norsegod1839, November 02, 2018, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norsegod1839

Maybe! i'm not necessarily against a double agent! I was more worried about how much it would play into the historical aspects. I don't want your guy to have little interaction with everyone else because of him being the only Templar. I guess it depends on how many people we get wanting to be Templars.

Norsegod1839

Update!

I went ahead and posted an example character sheet of my Gm character for the world war two time frame. I will get the modern day Gm character and the viking one up tomorrow!

legomaster00156

Hm, I'll try to put something together tonight or tomorrow. Finding a good picture will be the hardest part.

Norsegod1839

Sounds good! I will be getting my other two characters up today so that way you guys have the examples.

Katiana

Brilliant, i'm starting on my character sheets now, but it would be good to see your examples :) Do you have a specific Skills list you'd like used?

Norsegod1839

No not at all Katiana! I would say that if you plan on being an assassin that you base your skills around the training they're known for. Other than that though feel free to adjust or go with what skills you think you need!

Norsegod1839

Alright and now the modern day Gm Character is up!

Norsegod1839

There we go! I finally got the viking character up.

I'll let you guys peruse them and ask any questions. Hopefully I did a good job of showing you what I am looking for. On top of that, that I gave you some clues and inspirations on to what we might be doing.

Also I wouldn't worry to much about the time frames as I am not sure just yet on when the various times will begin. If anyone has a good idea on when might be a good time period to start. I plan on researching the time frames to see when might work the best but would love to hear from you guys as well.

BlueEyedBard

Paris, France. Aug September, 1940.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Norsegod1839

Thank you Blue Eyed! Let me look at that time period and I will start incorporating it into my IC post.

legomaster00156

Debating whether to make my guy a member of the American or French rite. A descendant of Shay Patrick Cormac either way, though. We do know he was in Paris for a bit there.  ;)

legomaster00156

The Strongman

The Basics
Legal Name: Merric Overton
Alias: Cormac
Sexuality: Straight
Time Period: Modern era

Physical Description
Face Claim: Gladiolus Amicitia, from Final Fantasy XV
Appearance: His eyes are heterochromatic, with one green and one blue. It's not easy to tell if you don't look closely, though. He also still bears a minor but permanent scar on his chest after taking a bullet in Iraq.

Personality and History

Personality

A strong exterior does little to hide that Merric is truly a good, friendly person. He enjoys bad jokes and strong drink, and he can be extremely charming towards friends and acquaintances alike. His record is flawless, and save for his Templar affiliations, he gladly lets his life be an open book.
Of course, he is secretly a member of the insidious Templar Order, a middleman in the organization who kills Assassins for the "good of the world". He honestly believes in the cause, which can be traced back to a lifetime of grooming for this very role.

Biography

Merric was born in and has resided in the United States his whole life. He is a descendant of Shay Patrick Cormac through his mother's side of the family, while on his father's side he has heritage that stretches back to the Egyptian Rite of the Templar Order. His parents met within the Order, and Merric was groomed for the Order from a young age, even though he didn't know it until much later. He was taught to respect authority figures and to have a distaste for rebellion and sedition. He was given the best education his family's considerable wealth would allow, but was encouraged to join the armed forces as soon as he turned 18 instead of going right into college.

Joining the U.S. Army, he was deployed to Iraq for war on a variety of terrorist organizations. His climb through the ranks was noted by the Templars, both within and without the military, and he found himself recommended for ever higher promotions. Soon enough, he was urged to change his branch to join in the Navy SEALS. He passed every test in the top 5% of the class.

He was formally introduced to and inducted into the American Rite during leave from the military. Of course, he joined without complaint upon learning that not only has his family been involved in the Order for generations, but that Assassins have been linked to terrorist and rebel insurgencies throughout time.

Having finished out years of service in the military, he now serves the Order to hunt down Assassins, much like his ancestor. He went through the Animus Training Program to explore Shay's memories, as well as those of his grandson Cudgel, and learn their skills. This led to the development of his own Eagle Vision, a power he only wished he had in Iraq.

He has been tasked with infiltrating an Assassin cell, posing as the only surviving member of a raid on a cell in Syria - a raid that, in fact, he had been involved in. Familiarity with the culture that he developed in the Middle East serve him well for maintaining the cover, and his nature as an “Assassin” helps to cover for his obvious American heritage. Abstergo forged incredibly convincing credentials to prove his status as an Assassin.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons: In addition to an Assassin's shock blade, he also carries a modified air rifle designed to be silent and deadly – a type of weapon he saw Shay and Cudgel using frequently in the Animus. He carries a taser for nonlethal incapacitation.

Equipment: He carries a light pack filled with useful gear he came to rely on in the military, including a tightly-packed bedroll, blanket, change of clothes, Swiss Army knife, bolt cutters, first aid kit, and flashlight. He substitutes Eagle Vision for night-vision goggles.

Skills

Skill: The most obvious advantage that he holds over the average Assassin or Templar is his access to the rare ability Eagle Vision. Besides this, he is a decorated soldier with the skills to match his reputation. He is best at battlefield medicine, as well as sniping. Hand-to-hand combat is something he is quite proficient with, but not on the level of the average Assassin, who often prefer close combat. He is multilingual, fluent in English and Latin with a proficiency in Arabic and Kurdish.

Norsegod1839

Quote from: legomaster00156 on November 17, 2018, 07:52:21 PM
The Strongman

The Basics
Legal Name: Merric Overton
Alias: Cormac
Sexuality: Straight
Time Period: Modern era

Physical Description
Face Claim: Gladiolus Amicitia, from Final Fantasy XV
Appearance: His eyes are heterochromatic, with one green and one blue. It's not easy to tell if you don't look closely, though. He also still bears a minor but permanent scar on his chest after taking a bullet in Iraq.

Personality and History

Personality

A strong exterior does little to hide that Merric is truly a good, friendly person. He enjoys bad jokes and strong drink, and he can be extremely charming towards friends and acquaintances alike. His record is flawless, and save for his Templar affiliations, he gladly lets his life be an open book.
Of course, he is secretly a member of the insidious Templar Order, a middleman in the organization who kills Assassins for the "good of the world". He honestly believes in the cause, which can be traced back to a lifetime of grooming for this very role.

Biography

Merric was born in and has resided in the United States his whole life. He is a descendant of Shay Patrick Cormac through his mother's side of the family, while on his father's side he has heritage that stretches back to the Egyptian Rite of the Templar Order. His parents met within the Order, and Merric was groomed for the Order from a young age, even though he didn't know it until much later. He was taught to respect authority figures and to have a distaste for rebellion and sedition. He was given the best education his family's considerable wealth would allow, but was encouraged to join the armed forces as soon as he turned 18 instead of going right into college.

Joining the U.S. Army, he was deployed to Iraq for war on a variety of terrorist organizations. His climb through the ranks was noted by the Templars, both within and without the military, and he found himself recommended for ever higher promotions. Soon enough, he was urged to change his branch to join in the Navy SEALS. He passed every test in the top 5% of the class.

He was formally introduced to and inducted into the American Rite during leave from the military. Of course, he joined without complaint upon learning that not only has his family been involved in the Order for generations, but that Assassins have been linked to terrorist and rebel insurgencies throughout time.

Having finished out years of service in the military, he now serves the Order to hunt down Assassins, much like his ancestor. He went through the Animus Training Program to explore Shay's memories, as well as those of his grandson Cudgel, and learn their skills. This led to the development of his own Eagle Vision, a power he only wished he had in Iraq.

He has been tasked with infiltrating an Assassin cell, posing as the only surviving member of a raid on a cell in Syria - a raid that, in fact, he had been involved in. Familiarity with the culture that he developed in the Middle East serve him well for maintaining the cover, and his nature as an “Assassin” helps to cover for his obvious American heritage. Abstergo forged incredibly convincing credentials to prove his status as an Assassin.

Weapons & Equipment

Weapons: In addition to an Assassin's shock blade, he also carries a modified air rifle designed to be silent and deadly – a type of weapon he saw Shay and Cudgel using frequently in the Animus. He carries a taser for nonlethal incapacitation.

Equipment: He carries a light pack filled with useful gear he came to rely on in the military, including a tightly-packed bedroll, blanket, change of clothes, Swiss Army knife, bolt cutters, first aid kit, and flashlight. He substitutes Eagle Vision for night-vision goggles.

Skills

Skill: The most obvious advantage that he holds over the average Assassin or Templar is his access to the rare ability Eagle Vision. Besides this, he is a decorated soldier with the skills to match his reputation. He is best at battlefield medicine, as well as sniping. Hand-to-hand combat is something he is quite proficient with, but not on the level of the average Assassin, who often prefer close combat. He is multilingual, fluent in English and Latin with a proficiency in Arabic and Kurdish.

You're approved man Though i am SUPER curious to see how you being a Templar double agent plays into our narrative!

Norsegod1839

So far I have only gotten one sheet in for our modern day element! Those of you still tuning in remember that we need at least on modern day character and one time line character!

legomaster00156

I'm holding off on the past persona until we decide for sure which eras will be involved.

Norsegod1839

we did at least for now it will be World War Two and the Viking Era

Katiana

I shall have my modern day posted today. Nearly done. Just finishing her history.

Norsegod1839