A friendly Kitsune looking for Pathfinder

Started by OyabunKobold, April 29, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OyabunKobold

So yes I am looking around for a Pathfinder game to play. Been a while since I've been able to be on the player side of things and not roped away into the GM/DM side of things.

Id prefer the game to be open to either Good or Evil characters and don't mind if there's smut in game or in a separate forum for it that would be up to the Gm/Dm's Discretion.

That being said Id prefer my on's and off's to not get crossed over if there does happen to be any smut in it. Mostly I am just looking for a game for which to play rather than one for which to run. Id prefer it to be forum based and currently my work schedule and game schedule consists of Monday through Saturday 6:30 am to 4 pm work and on Sundays I run a PF game on R20 from 4 pm to 8:30 pm.

Those times are all Mountain standard time. If anyone would be so willing to take me then by all means I am happy to play.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Vergil Tanner

I also find myself looking for a Pathfinder game, so I'll be keeping an eye on this :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

OyabunKobold

Happy to be of assistance Virgil :D I'm just in the mood to play for once instead of being the Gm. I have all of my characters for prior games even if they were never played in my O/O as well so that people can see what kind of characters I try to do at least. so hopefully that will help too.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Vergil Tanner

Same here! It's hard to find Pathfinder games here sometimes, and even harder to find ones I like :P Though my concepts are always weird and sometimes not exactly optimal, so...my character might well die in the first ten minutes :P :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

OyabunKobold

I don't believe in minmaxing characters. Ill come up with an idea work towards that idea if I'm missing out of a few Die worth of damage because of my idea so be it.

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I do the same. The only Minmaxing I do is "Enough to make the character work." I find a silly or interesting concept, then work out how to make it work :P

OyabunKobold

Yep tha'ts the best way to do it in my humble opinion :D

Not to say minmaxing isn't a viable option Ive played with some killer Dm's before where if you didn't minmaxed you would die... every session.

Vergil Tanner

Thankfully, the GM's I've played with in my local area adjust the difficulty based on whether you're Minmaxing or not :P
The idea I have at the moment is a Dhampir Kinslayer Inquisitor who has a raging hate-boner for other undead :P

OyabunKobold

Ive been in the mood for an arcane trickster of sorts be it Wizard/Rogue or Sorcerer/rogue

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I've done that before too. Though he was more of a trickster by personality than mechanics. Mechanics-wise, he was a Cardcaster Magus with a few trinkets and traits that gave him things like Sleight of Hand, Sense Motive, Bluff, etc etc as Class Skills. :P He was practically Pathfinder-Gambit :P

OyabunKobold

LisztesFerenc

Any preferences beyond of both good and evil alighments being allowed and no need for excessive minmaxing? Do you like city settings, magical technology galore, low magic (i.e. high level NPC casters are rare, magical items are hard to find, no magic marts in every settlment), gothic, intrigue?

OyabunKobold

Long time no see!  And im mostly good with just bout anything if its low magic ill just go pure rogue, high magic ill probably go arcane trickster been in a mood lately, id just mostly like to be a player than a gm for once lol

LisztesFerenc

I think an arcane strickster should fit into a either game, its low magic, not no magic.

There are two pet projects I have been wanting to try for a setting. One is a magic technology setting, so far cheaper items that are half-magic, half-technology are commonly available. This could also be a game set in an ancademy depending on the party makeup, though a inquisitor might not fit there, depends on the exact interpretation of the class.

The other would be a setting in a kingdom where divine casters are very rare/do not exist, and instead anyone can pray to a god, which a varying chance of it being answered, depending on the character asking and which god they are seeking aid from. Again, this might be a problem if there is an inquisitor in the group though.

OyabunKobold

Id be cool with either.

For the academy one id make my character an academy spellthief. Definitely would do a Kobold spellthief in that world as a whole academy or not.

As for the other one I might need to change the race to something other than kobold as I'm not sure a kobold would be necessarily welcome in a low magic kingdom. but at that point Id just be a pure rogue probably unchained so I wouldnt be too worried.

I'm flexible as I said.

Vergil Tanner

With the Inquisitor, s/he would entirely be based on hunting down undead and executing anybody performing necromancy and other dark magic :P

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on May 01, 2018, 07:00:20 PM
With the Inquisitor, s/he would entirely be based on hunting down undead and executing anybody performing necromancy and other dark magic :P

So wouldn't fit too well in an academy setting, but could still work in a magic tech world. The problem with the divine magic through prayer is that inquisitors get divine magic as a class features, which makes it a bit akward.

A gothic/horror setting sounds like it would suit them more.

Vergil Tanner

Well, most fantasy settings could work since if you go looking for undead, you're likely to find them :P
In any case, yeah, their divine magic in the latter could lead to a bit of a headache of if you wanted to limit Divine Magic...

Chanticleer

Quote from: OyabunKyuubi on May 01, 2018, 06:32:13 PM
Id be cool with either.

For the academy one id make my character an academy spellthief. Definitely would do a Kobold spellthief in that world as a whole academy or not.

As for the other one I might need to change the race to something other than kobold as I'm not sure a kobold would be necessarily welcome in a low magic kingdom. but at that point Id just be a pure rogue probably unchained so I wouldnt be too worried.

I'm flexible as I said.

Hello! Would you folks mind a third?

Also, I like playing little non-minmaxed critters. Lisztes, if you're willing to discuss a third, how would you feel about a gunslinger with the setting at 'early firearms'? Or would you prefer not to have any firearms...If so, there's a crossbow variant of the gunslinger.
My current O/os (need work)

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Chanticleer on May 02, 2018, 01:18:58 AM
Hello! Would you folks mind a third?

Also, I like playing little non-minmaxed critters. Lisztes, if you're willing to discuss a third, how would you feel about a gunslinger with the setting at 'early firearms'? Or would you prefer not to have any firearms...If so, there's a crossbow variant of the gunslinger.

Early firearms gunslinger would work well. Hmmm, inquisitor, gunslinger, and arcane trickster. That sets a theme for a party of versatile characters who won't be that good in a toe to toe fight. None of my origional ideas work too well this, but I am sure I can come up with something that will play well with them.

Vergil Tanner

Well, my Inquisitor would be a beast against undead. Only so-so against normal people, though :P
Inquisitors biggest strength is Lore-breaking, since they can walk into an area and go "you, you and you. You're all Evil. Now get over here so I can Discern Lies." xD

Although, since my Inquisitor follows a God who grants Greatsword as a favoured Weapon, she has damage potential at least :P

OyabunKobold

So we might need to if we do a full party nab a bit of muscle in the form of probably a Fighter, paladin, barbarian, or something else amply able to build on muscle and defense.

Vergil Tanner

Might be an idea, yeah xD

Although what character I pitch would depend on how we do Stats. A Dhampir Inquisitor is...difficult to balance, to say the least xD

OyabunKobold

Rogues need a lot of stats too. Cha, dex, int, dont want to skimp con or wis either for poison and spells and need decent str or you cant carry the loot

LisztesFerenc

Gunslinger is probably the least mad class so far, and even they need dexterity, constiution, wisdom/charisma, and depending on the exact character concept may not be able to afford to have the other stats too low. So I think pointbuy 20 is fair. You'll still have to make sacrifices for a dhampir inquisitor to work, but its as impossible as it is with PB 15. (When experimenting I found the ru-shi to be a good alt heritage for a strength based inquisitor, but the fluff might not be what you are after Vergil.)

I actually like the idea of a party lacking a straight up melee role and needing to plan and strategize around this gap, but if a fourth member wants to join I won't tell them they can't play a fighter/barbarian.