Fate/Infinity

Started by Garuss Vakarian, June 16, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inari

I have seen Fate/Stay Night and even have the dvd boxset but I haven't seen Fate/Zero yet. (Although I have met the English dub VA for Gilgamesh. Ya'll jelly? ;))

I am currently watching Amnesia but will put it on hold for now just to refresh my memory on a few bits and pieces!

I really am unsure where to start character wise. >.<

I know my character is going to be female and her name but I am just unsure on history and what not. I am thinking she comes from a long line of pagans/wiccans or something like that but I am not sure if/how that would fit. D:

*Edit*

Also I agree with the consensus that plot is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZl1QoxYn6g

Rave

Well there are actually several magic families that can participate in the Holy Grail war. If your master has a deep family history of Magus, it's very likely one of their offspring would be chosen by the Holy Grail. It just so happens that this page here has a list of already well known families if you want to take a look for inspiration!

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Magus

Kunoichi

It's looking like we'll be starting on the Two Factions storyline option in the poll, rather than the Free For All option, so the big recommendations I can give based on the plot ideas Garuss and I have been tossing around in PMs are for a magical mercenary of some sort, someone who works for the Church, or someone who lives in or around the city of Paris, France.

Oh, and I should probably start pestering Garuss about revealing the basic plotline of the game, since it's kind of necessary for the Players of Masters, even if the Servant Players don't need to know it to make their characters...

Inari

Quote from: Rave on June 22, 2014, 11:43:54 PM
Well there are actually several magic families that can participate in the Holy Grail war. If your master has a deep family history of Magus, it's very likely one of their offspring would be chosen by the Holy Grail. It just so happens that this page here has a list of already well known families if you want to take a look for inspiration!

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Magus
So this basically confirmed that my idea (with a bit of tweaking) will work! =D

That has been of great help. <3

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 22, 2014, 11:48:08 PM
It's looking like we'll be starting on the Two Factions storyline option in the poll, rather than the Free For All option, so the big recommendations I can give based on the plot ideas Garuss and I have been tossing around in PMs are for a magical mercenary of some sort, someone who works for the Church, or someone who lives in or around the city of Paris, France.

Oh, and I should probably start pestering Garuss about revealing the basic plotline of the game, since it's kind of necessary for the Players of Masters, even if the Servant Players don't need to know it to make their characters...
I just hope we don't get an Anders type from the church. >.<

I look forward to the basics and shall look into making my character. If I get stuck I'll shoot you a pm. <3

Orochimaru

At this point, I feel if anything goes wrong among the magus. Darius is gonna be looked at first. >.>

Garuss Vakarian

Well, I guess I should start releasing some basic info. Well, here goes.

(This is a spoiler on Fate/Zero Starcry. So as a rather recent friend, this is a friendly heads up. :P Dont read the spoiler if you plan on surprises. I will pm to you a spoiler free version.)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Recap: At the end of Fate/Zero. Karitsugu used his last two command seals to control Saber, and have her use her Anti Fortress Noble Phantasm to destroy the grail. In the Anime it covers Gilgamesh in it's magical sludge and resurrects him. And then grants Kotomines greatest deepest and darkest desire, choosing him as the new victor. Destroying the whole district of Fuyuki that the final battle took place in.

Alternatively (And put at the simplest.): After the granting of Kotomines wish. And the resurrection of Gilgamesh. The grail was in actuality, successfully, destroyed. And the mages Association were none the wiser. Mysteriously, when the grail war seems to have properly begun. The servants are summoned with alternative knowledge: That they are allied with the 6 servants that SHOULD be their foe's. And, are against 7 other servants. This causes complete confusion. And a meeting is immediately called by the main families, of the Association. The mysterious new masters of the grail revealed themselves.  And openly challenge the faction of Red. To fight them, and their Black Faction on the new battleground. Paris. ;)

Orochi: Yes indeed, it might call for an imediate execution. Burn the Witch! I mean Magus!

Inari

Thank you for the heads up. *Scoots over to PM*

Drake Valentine

Wait, this is taking place in Paris? I thought it was still same city in Japan. >.> Oh well, will tweak that later, if so.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Orochimaru

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on June 23, 2014, 12:33:48 AM
Orochi: Yes indeed, it might call for an imediate execution. Burn the Witch! I mean Magus!

Garuss Vakarian

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 23, 2014, 12:43:42 AM
Wait, this is taking place in Paris? I thought it was still same city in Japan. >.> Oh well, will tweak that later, if so.

Kunoichi thought it would make things interesting to have a change of scenery. To somewhere a bit more flashy then Fuyuki. So, I decided on Paris due to it being on my list of dream destinations.  :-[

Kunoichi

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on June 23, 2014, 12:33:48 AM
Well, I guess I should start releasing some basic info. Well, here goes.

(This is a spoiler on Fate/Zero Starcry. So as a rather recent friend, this is a friendly heads up. :P Dont read the spoiler if you plan on surprises. I will pm to you a spoiler free version.)

Recap: At the end of Fate/Zero. Karitsugu used his last two command seals to control Saber, and have her use her Anti Fortress Noble Phantasm to destroy the grail. In the Anime it covers Gilgamesh in it's magical sludge and resurrects him. And then grants Kotomines greatest deepest and darkest desire, choosing him as the new victor. Destroying the whole district of Fuyuki that the final battle took place in.

Alternatively (And put at the simplest.): After the granting of Kotomines wish. And the resurrection of Gilgamesh. The grail was in actuality, successfully, destroyed. And the mages Association were none the wiser. Mysteriously, when the grail war seems to have properly begun. The servants are summoned with alternative knowledge: That they are allied with the 6 servants that SHOULD be their foe's. And, are against 7 other servants. This causes complete confusion. And a meeting is immediately called by the main families, of the Association. The mysterious new masters of the grail revealed themselves.  And openly challenge the faction of Red. To fight them, and their Black Faction on the new battleground. Paris. ;)

To expand a little more on this...

The Fourth War ended mostly as it did in canon, with Kotomine making his wish on the partially-powered Lesser Grail, and Kiritsugu ordering Saber to destroy it.  Afterwards, however, is where things start to diverge.  In canon, Kiritsugu thought he had sixty years to figure out a way to stop the Fifth War from coming, so he went for a long-term solution that would make it look like some unfortunate accident caused the local leylines to shift, thus depriving the Grail system of the buildup of energy it needed to do its thing.  Crisis averted, world saved...  Except that the Fifth War came after only 10 years, because the Grail system still had plenty of extra energy left in it from being interrupted in the middle of granting Kirei's wish.

In this game?  Kiritsugu basically took a sledgehammer to the Grail system's inner workings.  The Greater Grail, the vessel for the entire Grail system, was literally shattered to pieces.  It would be obvious what he had done when the time came around for the next war, but until then, the three families still believed they had another shot at getting their wishes granted.

However, after Kiritsugu's death, somebody else snuck in and picked up those shattered pieces, spiriting them away, far across the globe...  And now, the Fifth Holy Grail War is happening roughly on schedule, but the format has changed drastically, and the location is nowhere near Fuyuki.  Thus, the three founding families of the Holy Grail Ritual are temporarily allied, trying to figure out just what the hell happened and scrambling to put together a team of seven Servants and seven Masters to oppose their mysterious new enemy...

And that's why I recommended a magical mercenary as a good potential background for a Master. :P

Garuss Vakarian

Ya, pretty much. And, all servants know is that there are double the amount of what there should be. (Since upon summoning they are given base instinctive knowledge of the world, and are completely informed upon the holy grail war, their class, and that they are servants to a master. So logically they are made completely aware of the fact there is way more then 7 servants.)

Rave

That's such an interesting concept O: Paris! I dunno how a Pharaoh is going to take to Paris, not nearly enough sand nor shiny Gold things. I wonder how he'll react to croissants...

Garuss Vakarian

What! I think theres quite a bit of gold when one takes in a beautiful roof top view of the 'City of Lights'! By that concept. It's a city of pure gold. :P

And yes, you have permission to have him say that. ^^

Moon Hound Hati

Does that mean Jeanne will get a big fame boost to her already high stats? o.0
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on June 23, 2014, 01:26:46 AM
Does that mean Jeanne will get a big fame boost to her already high stats? o.0

As a well-known and celebrated French national hero, she would receive the highest possible fame boost.  In addition to boosted stats, this would also include a decreased upkeep cost, as the collective belief of an entire nation helps to shoulder the burden of manifesting such a legendary personage. ;D

Incidentally, part of the reason Berserker's stats are so high is that she's receiving a smaller fame boost as well, on top of her naturally-high stats.

Garuss Vakarian

Well, let's just consider Jeanes stats as they are now. Being really high based on her fame boost.  Now that said. Fame boost would go to any one who's origin is based within the vicinity of Europe. (Greek, French, English, German. etc.) It's just strongest in her since she is french. :P . Meaning Assassin, Lancer, and Berserker get a fame boost as well. And, I think Archer?

Moon Hound Hati

Assassin should get a decent boost in Europe because he's a known historical figure. Lancer because of the whole Dracula thing would also get a boost, since a lot of people, no doubt, would also look up the Vlad III the character is based on, increasing his fame outside his country of origin by about the same amount that Assassin would get, I guess? I think it's a viable assumption, seeing as the Internet provides easy info access and that vampires were all the rage until recently (and in some ways still are). Archer, however, probably wouldn't receive much of a fame boost outside of Russia and Finland, to be honest.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Kunoichi

Archer's legend is rather weak to begin with, due to the fact that she's very young for a Heroic Spirit, so I don't think that she would be able to receive a fame boost this far from her homeland.  Rider, on the other hand, was actually quite well-known among the Greeks: "King of Kings am I, Osymandias. If anyone would know how great I am and where I lie, let him surpass one of my works."

Moon Hound Hati

Yeah. I mean, even his wikipedia page states: "He is often regarded as the greatest, most celebrated, and most powerful pharaoh of the Egyptian Empire."

Kunoichi

And let's not forget certain unimpeachable facts:

QuoteIn 1974 Egyptologists visiting his tomb noticed that the mummy's condition was rapidly deteriorating and flew it to Paris for examination. Ramesses II was issued an Egyptian passport that listed his occupation as "King (deceased)". The mummy was received at Le Bourget airport, just outside Paris, with the full military honours befitting a king.

Moon Hound Hati

Garuss Vakarian

0_0 Wow, even 100's of years after his end. He is still treated like he's the Bees Knees. :P Like a boss indeed. Lol.

Moon Hound Hati

Hundreds? Try thousands, bro. :P

Garuss Vakarian

Well, you could say hundreds or thousands and not be wrong. ;) Perhaps I just thought of it in my head using increments of a hundred. I could do it in increments of 1, and say Years after his death but that would probably make you wanna correct me more, Bro. :P lol.