The Princess Bride

Started by Valerian, July 14, 2013, 12:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

"You're right, Josi.  None of us are safe and none look like the murderer.  We've all been booed by the unfortunate victim.  Why all you had to do was cross her line of sight and you became a target."  BeMi thought about the times she had received the woman's attention and shook her head.  "She was more of a nuisance than anything else."

A few moments passed with BeMi deep in thought about the situation.  "Perhaps it was someone who had a guilty conscience and thought her boos carried weight with others.  That person could get rid of her just for that reason alone.  Now who could possibly have a guilty conscience around here?"

Her speculative gaze fell on Falanor.

Zelric Miras

Dim Hon's accusation struck him as offensive, it was far from his hands to do such a thing. "I lack the necessary abilities to perform such a thing. This loathsome deed is not of my doing." He shook his head and looked at the one who was quick to point the finger at him. "Perhaps it was you the one who assassinated the Booing Woman, and is looking someone to discharge your guilt." The accusations were flying around him and he wondered who of them was really guilty.

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Beguile's Mistress (1): Geeklet
Dim Hon (1): Leorobin
Falanor (1): Beguile's Mistress
Geeklet (1): That Girl Analise
Leorobin (1): Dim Hon
persephone325 (1): Josietta
That Girl Analise (1): James Moriarty

Yet to vote: Falanor, Kyrsa, persephone325, Remiel
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

James Moriarty

"Well, clearly we've all been the victim of the boos at one point or another.  Equally clearly, we have so little evidence to go on -- we may accidentally participate in a travesty of the very justice we so dearly wish to attain."  A solemn look to those assembled.  "But then, we must make our votes, and so I must mention that I, too, have found myself from time to time quite jealous, or perhaps envious, of Geeklet -- so I know all too well the sting of that bittersourspicysweet emotion.  And so I must look upon That Girl Analise with ever so slightly more suspicion than the rest."

Remiel

"Who isn't jealous of Geeklet?" added Remiel.  "I mean, really?"  He shrugged, and then lapsed into deep thought as he contemplated his options.  Never one to break with tradition, he looked for someone who hadn't yet had any votes in hopes of provoking an eleven-way tie.

"Josietta, I really have nothing against you at this point, but," he shrugged.  "You know."

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

Geeklet (2): That Girl Analise, Kyrsa
That Girl Analise (2): James Moriarty, Geeklet
persephone325 (1): Josietta
Josietta (1): Remiel

Yet to vote: Falanor, persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kye

In truth Kyrsa had no idea who could have done such a horrible thing.  She barely knew the people being accused, but the thought that one of them could be responsible for the woman's death left her off balance and suspicious of everyone, even those who had been kind to her.  In the end she kept coming back to Geeklet, though she couldn't have said why.

Geeklet

It is a shame that it looks like even a mere two votes could be enough for unjust action to be taken against me. Though I still have my suspicions about Beguile's Mistress, it seems as though I must switch my vote if only to save myself from a premature punishment. It is with much reluctance that I must therefore point a finger towards That Girl, Analise.

That Girl Analise

"I guess it's only fair that you point fingers at me when we know so little, but I would be careful" she said. "Upon my death my innocence will be proven and people will look to you, Geeklet"

Geeklet

Oh it is nothing personal, Analise. I would rather have spent my vote upon Krysa, as she was the one who actually broke the tie. Doing that, however, would actually accomplish very little. But should someone else decide to vote for her, I would gladly change again.

Josietta

Josietta was torn between holding her suspicions on Persephone or shifting them to the same place as their newly appointed leader. However others started to make her wonder about how well they could be trusted as well. Remiel's decision to vote for her was forgiveable as he was as clueless as she was on who might be at fault. Accusations drawn make hackles rise and she had to watch closely to see just who protested too much for it typically indicated guilt. In the end she had to follow what their leader had chosen, as she did vote for him and must surely show some level of confidence in his decisions. She changed her vote at the last minute to That Girl Analise, following only what she felt was guided advice by the mayor.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Valerian

Lynch Votes:

That Girl Analise (3): James Moriarty, Geeklet, Josietta
Geeklet (3): That Girl Analise, Kyrsa, Falanor
Josietta (1): Remiel

Yet to vote: persephone325
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Falanor

Falanor pondered the reasons for everyone accusing everyone else.  When he heard his name being called it startled him from his reverie.  "I'm not sure why someone would kill the old woman..." he started, "But I don't recall seeing Geeklet anywhere during that time."

persephone325

A tie... I should have cast my vote sooner... Persephone scolded herself. Now, she felt a heavy burden rest on her shoulders. Should she break the tie? Or vote for someone different? If only she had made up her mind sooner! But, she couldn't change the past.

With a heavy sigh, her gaze came to rest upon Geeklet. Her actions seemed suspicious as of late.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Geeklet

*There was a slight eyeroll as hir name was called yet again* Oh, this is rich. I find it amusing that you come to me in private and ask me to prove my innocence, despite the fact that not many of us really have a clear view on everyone else's innocence or guilt. And yet when I tried to find out just why your gaze was set upon me, and what I had done to deserve such scrutiny, my inquiry was promptly ignored. Tell me, how can I "prove" anything when I don't even know what I have done wrong?

It seems I am not long for this world, thanks to a few unscrupulous scoundrels. So take this as a warning that not everyone is as they seem. Perhaps there is a conspiracy here, but please, do not let my passing be in vain!

persephone325

Persephone sighed.

"I find it suspicious that you became defensive right away. You automatically assumed that I thought you were guilty, when that word never left my lips. 'Prove your innocence' does not necessarily mean that you are guilty. It merely means you are in a gray area, and that needs to be cleared up." She crossed her arms and shrugged.

"There was no need to become so defensive at a simple request, unless you had something to hide."
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Nadir

Still believing Loerobin to be part of the scene, Dim Hon realises he would not see justice this day - so to punish some other for a minor (maybe imagined) slight, hir vote changes to That Girl Analise, restoring an uncomfortable balance to the situation... if for a short time 

Geeklet

Quote from: persephone325 on August 09, 2013, 11:10:54 PM
Persephone sighed.

"I find it suspicious that you became defensive right away. You automatically assumed that I thought you were guilty, when that word never left my lips. 'Prove your innocence' does not necessarily mean that you are guilty. It merely means you are in a gray area, and that needs to be cleared up." She crossed her arms and shrugged.

"There was no need to become so defensive at a simple request, unless you had something to hide."

If you do not believe me to be guilty, then why have you cast your vote against me? No one said you HAD to break the tie. You could have voted for someone else to show where you truly think blame lies, and let our illustrious mayor have decided the tiebreaking vote. As far as myself becoming defensive goes, at the time Krysa cast her vote for me (who I now believe to be rather suspicious) and broke the large 1 vote per person tie, there were only three individuals who had yet to cast their blame. When there is a chance that only a few individuals could decide the fate of someone else, you had best believe I was worried.

Kye

"So, anyone who votes for you is suspicious, Geeklet?  I believe that right now any of us could be guilty or innocent.  None of us has any way of knowing who the culprit could be.  I chose someone at random, and I truly am sorry if you are innocent. If I could simply walk away from this I would, believe me.  I have no desire for another innocent person to die," she says, sounding tired even to her own ears. 

persephone325

After Kyrsa spoke up, Persephone added "I never said you were innocent, either. You are in the gray area, and that's never a good place to be. Especially when people are being murdered. Why is it that you have such a problem with my request, when Analise did not? You say there's no way to tell who is on one side or another this early in such a trying time, yet she was able to do just that with ease."

"You're right. I didn't HAVE to break the tie. But when once party suddenly gets extremely defensive at a simple request from another, you can bet that looks very suspicious. That's all it takes to cast a shadow of doubt upon them." Persephone firmly stated.
I don't know.

Beguile's Mistress

"Sometimes a request is simple to the one who asks and complicated to the one being asked.  In all honesty, I thoroughly dislike being asked to justify myself and often look at the one asking for explanations as someone to distrust."  BeMi spoke softly from a place only slightly removed from the discussion.  She had cast her vote because a vote was needed.  It had been done in the hope that if she was wrong her suspect would be safe or if she was right others would suspect him as well.  Her suspicions were drifting in another way now and might be a factor in future considerations.

Geeklet

Quote from: Kyrsa on August 10, 2013, 11:53:52 AM
"So, anyone who votes for you is suspicious, Geeklet?  I believe that right now any of us could be guilty or innocent.  None of us has any way of knowing who the culprit could be.  I chose someone at random, and I truly am sorry if you are innocent. If I could simply walk away from this I would, believe me.  I have no desire for another innocent person to die," she says, sounding tired even to her own ears.

Ordinarily, a random vote would not be suspicious. But the timing of it, with so many others having voted, and it being the first vote to actually put one person in the majority (however small it may be) with so little votes left does strike me as suspicious, yes.

Quote from: persephone325 on August 10, 2013, 12:17:25 PM
"You're right. I didn't HAVE to break the tie. But when once party suddenly gets extremely defensive at a simple request from another, you can bet that looks very suspicious. That's all it takes to cast a shadow of doubt upon them." Persephone firmly stated.

Except I never was defensive. Right now we all have so very little to go on, and you asked me to do something I am unsure how to do. When I stated that fact, and asked how you thought I had done anything as to where I needed to prove that I was innocent, I received no response to my question. The fact that you will not tell me nor anyone else why you initially thought that there was ever any doubt as to my allegiance, that is what begins to raise my ire. I can surmise that one of two outcomes is more than probable. One, you don't know, and are simply joining a bandwagon. Two, you are the one responsible, and now that this town has begun investigating the incident, you are trying to determine if I am a threat or not.

Perhaps I am simply overthinking things on that last particular point. I've been known to do that on occasion. If that is the case and you are indeed innocent, then I do apologize. But you must realize that everyone is a little on edge upon finding out that there is a murderer among us.

Kye

"Someone had to break the tie, just like someone has to vote first.  I'm sorry you are taking it personally," Kyrsa said with sincerity before she backed out of the conversation, having come to the conclusion that it was going to go nowhere. 

persephone325

Persephone shook her head. She noticed Kyrsa attempting to leave, and she decided to do the same.

"Some people just don't get it. It's like beating a dead horse..." She muttered and rolled her eyes. "If I'm wrong, I'll apologize. If not..." She called over her shoulder, then headed into her home.

Everyone's acting so ridiculous. She sighed sadly. The once peaceful place, and friendly townsfolk had turned on each other.
I don't know.

Remiel

"People! People!" cried Remiel, borrowing from another trope.  "This is supposed to be a happy occasion!  Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who!"

This is supposed to be a happy occasion!