A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

That was me. I'm either going Dragon Ascendant 8 with ancient black dragon (simple setup) or *takes a deep breath* a Half-Farspawn Shadow Unholy Scion Ulitharid Illithid Savant 8.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SomeGuy

I think she had a similar set-up as you. Oh right, she went very old and Enchantress was helping her I think.

Also I vote for the second one.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Karasu on December 11, 2011, 05:51:16 PM
anyone wanan help me create my black dragon? I'd really appriciate it because I don't understand putting crap in a character sheet and making it work.

I'd be happy to help. ^^ What sort of a character would you like to try and build?  Something that's tough in melee?  Something with casting abilities?  Would you like to go for a larger number of HD, or something more template-based?  I can offer plenty of options, either way...

TheGlyphstone

It's good that all template restrictions are lifted, because I don't want to wrap my head around how a daemonically possessed fetus gets turned into a mind flayer...

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2011, 06:24:47 PM
It's good that all template restrictions are lifted, because I don't want to wrap my head around how a daemonically possessed fetus gets turned into a mind flayer...

Clearly, it was the illithid tadpole that was demonically-possessed. :P

ShadowFox89

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 11, 2011, 06:24:47 PM

A mind flayer that has been touched by the Plane of Shadows and is somehow even more alien than the rest of it's kin.

Oh, and it can gnaw on your grey matter to learn your abilities.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

who149

I'd like to join this. I like the idea of playing as a monster, but I would like a little bit of direction ^^; No offense to the other monster based game. It just doesn't seem like its leading anywhere.

So are there any open slots left?
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

who149

Alright! I'll begin making my character right now!

Is there anything I need to know besides it having to be a demon/devil of Evil/Chaotic Alignment.  CR 21 with 4 Character Levels?

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

Yeah.  It's actually CR 27 with 4-8 class levels. ^^; Your final type will be Outsider no matter what, as well, with either Devil or Demon traits, depending on whether you'd like to be in Hell or the Abyss.

who149

So I can make a Pit fiend http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/devil.htm#pitFiend
with 7 Class levels?

Anyway, I"m trying to make up a unique Devil.

Would a Young Adult Red Dragon Devil be Completely out of line? http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/dragonTrue.htm#redDragon

Ons and offs!

TheGlyphstone

Take a look at the existing posted characters. They're your baseline for 'completely out of line'. :)

ShadowFox89

Seeing how we've got some possible people using dragons already, I don't think it'd be a problem :P

And I'm tempted just to go back to the Dragon Ascendant.... My HFSUS-Ulitharid Illithid Savant is giving me a headache to build >.<'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

who149

it actually only has a CR of 13. I was expecting it a lot more truthfully.

How do I raise the CR too a 20? Just add a bunch of templates?

Ons and offs!

Kunoichi

If you'd like, then I don't see why not.  A Pit Fiend would be pretty tame compared to some of the things we've got, though.

A Young Adult Red Dragon would easily be a good starting point. ^^ You can add on templates to raise the CR, or add on bonus HD, increasing the CR by 2 for every 4 bonus HD added on.

who149

a young adult Red Dragon has about 19 HD. So I'm looking at about 33 HD if I add the minimum (6 to bring me up to 19 CR)

33d12 total. And thats before my 8 Class levels.

Ons and offs!

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

SomeGuy

33 isn't to bad.

You could always play a Half-Farspawn Colossal Monstrous Crab Were-Battletitan and hit 84 HD (all of which are now outsider HD) at CR 22. CR is funny like that.

who149

Alright sweet. And I don't want an old dragon, I'd like a young, Arrogant dragon. Level 6 Sorcerer, Level 2 Fighter. 33d12 + 6d4 + 2d10

Or just a Level 8 Figher. Depends on whether I keep the Dragons Magic, or if they Dragon Spellcaster levels stack with Sorcerer class level.

Ons and offs!

SomeGuy

You're a unique creature, you wouldn't actually be a red dragon, old or young.

who149

Oh, Right. So I don't have any spell-casting abilities?

I'm a Devil that is similar to a Dragon, right?

That being said, I read many places that Dragons have humanoid forms, but I never read any rules about that.

Ons and offs!

SomeGuy

You have all the abilities of a dragon, so you'd have the appropriate spellcasting for a dragon of that age, though your caster level would be potentially limited.

Dragons just use the change shape rules, but since we're focused on being 'unique' we're supposed to stick with one form mostly.

Kunoichi

I'd recommend looking through the Draconomicon for some ideas, if you have it, who149. ^^ The monster section has some cool templates and other dragon types, which could be useful in helping you come up with a character concept.  The Abyssal Drake, for example...

This is also a good resource.  Just click 'Templates' and you'll have access to a rather large list of them.

who149

True, but don't most monstrous looking Devils have Change Shape most of the time anyway?

And alright ^^ thanks.

I think I'll go with a Ravening Dragon.

+1 CR. Makes me always hungry. +2 DC to my breath weapon.

-May use its breath weapon for 3 consecutive rounds, then it must wait for 1d4 rounds before it can start again.
-Any creature that attacks the Ravening Dragon with a non-reach weapon takes 1d6 + 1 per Caster level (max 1d6+15) damage of the same type as the Dragon’s breath weapon.
-Must eat its own size category in food each day. Each size
category smaller counts as 1/4th as much food. For example, a Huge Dragon must each a Huge creature, 4 Large creature, 16 Medium creatures, etc., or a combination thereof. Each day it does not eat enough, the Dragon takes 1 point of Constitution Drain which is never restored except through magic. A hungry Ravening Dragon eats without any control.

I am a Huge Creature, I have to eat a Huge Creature, 4 Large Creature, 16 Medium.

I'm making my HD 28 to keep me at a CR 19.

Ons and offs!

Karasu

Quote from: SomeGuy on December 11, 2011, 05:56:14 PM
You have an ancient Black Dragon right? And you had mentioned you wanted to go Dragon Ascendent?

I'd like to, like I said I suck at doing this high a level period.. So much help would be loved
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.