News:

Main Menu

Minecraft!

Started by Dizzi, January 28, 2011, 12:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

It's almost the same. Shjade was taken when I first registered at the site (rare, but has happened a couple times before) so I had to go with an older variant I used to use.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Dizzi

xD

It is 3X4

you don't have to fill it in corners either.  So it can be
oXXo
XooX
XooX
XooX
oXXo

(X = Obsidian.  o=Air)

Nadir

::) 4x5, you mean. Yeah, I worked it out after about 5 rebuilds. Many swearwords were said. *grins*

Of course, when I finally got through I shot a pigman. Hunted down by half a dozen blazing things >:(

klamity

If you build in the Nether, make sure its out of something strong. Ghasts easily tear through anything with their damn fire balls. Took me forever to build myself a wall between my portal and them out of netherstone, much to my dismay.

Nadir

I think I lucked out in that respect - I popped out in an odd cave system. No Ghasts in sight (heard one, though...)

klamity

Lucked out? the last time I popped out in a cave system I was stuck under the lava lake!

Nadir

*laughs!* Sucks to be you, man ;)

Shjade

Quote from: klamity on February 24, 2011, 04:11:12 PM
If you build in the Nether, make sure its out of something strong. Ghasts easily tear through anything with their damn fire balls. Took me forever to build myself a wall between my portal and them out of netherstone, much to my dismay.
It doesn't need to be strong if it's whole. They won't shoot at you through solid walls. This means you can make tunnels from one portal to the next out of glass, provided you make sure you're not under fire while building it (you might switch to peaceful until it's complete if you're having a hard time, and it isn't easy building in the Nether), and you should then be safe moving from one portal to the other despite being able to see Ghasts outside.

In theory.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

mannik

I recently got into this game, and I have to say it is awesomely awesome.

I also just made myself a spiffy new skin for my character which got me wondering, what sorts of skins does everyone here have? Also, did you make it yourself or download it.

Here's mine (I'm a zombie). I kinda like how it turned out.

Nadir

That's so awesome!

I, unfortunately, lack the computer wizardry needed to understand how to download and use the skins, or make my own. 

klamity

I had downloaded an Altair skin, but it wont download now from the Minecraft servers :/

Nadir

Looks like we're going to get dogs in some far, distant upgrade.

klamity

:D I did see. Anyone see their new game, Scrolls?

Im also hoping for wolves/bears. Thats when I download a John Marston skin and go NUTS 'skinning' cows.

Nadir

There's an excellent looking mod that has wolves, lions and all other sorts of animals. I forget it's name.

And Scrolls looks intriguing, though I'm not that enthralled by its premise. *waits to see what it's like*

klamity

Quote from: Eden on March 02, 2011, 10:46:57 AM
And Scrolls looks intriguing, though I'm not that enthralled by its premise. *waits to see what it's like*

Everyone's sentiment really.

Dizzi

Quote from: Eden on March 02, 2011, 10:46:57 AM
There's an excellent looking mod that has wolves, lions and all other sorts of animals. I forget it's name.

Mo' Creatures

Aiden

I need a multiplayer server to play on, any suggestions?

Dizzi

server.crafthub.net

right now it is a temp server.  but soon it will be re-instated with all of the, awesome, structures etc. :D

mannik

Quote from: Eden on March 02, 2011, 07:44:37 AM
That's so awesome!

I, unfortunately, lack the computer wizardry needed to understand how to download and use the skins, or make my own.

It's actually pretty easy. All you need to do to change your skin is find one you like, download it (Should be a 64x32 png). Then log on to minecraft's main site and click on profile. Upload the texture and poof, your skin is changed.

If you want to make your own, the basic player texture is provided on the same page that you upload your skin to. You can edit it in your favorite image editing software or use a nifty little program developed by the minecraft community to edit and preview your skin. I used photoshop for the actual editing, and used the MCSkinEditor program to preview it and get the screenshot I showed off earlier.

Get SkinEdit Here
(Note: put http://gf.web44.net/skinedit/skintest2.jar into the input box that pops up on startup to get the preview function working.)

If you want to install texture packs, that's even easier. Just download the .zip file containing the texture pack to your .minecraft\texturepacks folder, then select it from Minecraft's main menu.

If you don't want to fool with it, I can try making you a custom skin for your character. That could be a fun little challenge. Just let me know what you want.

Nadir

Wolfies (work in progress)

Wolves!

I'd hate to see what happens to one that goes against a creeper D:

klamity

I figured it would be Eden who posted this ^^

Not to mention that creepy picture you have that looks like a wolf O_O
I swear I've seen that in my nightmares before, always hunting me, watching from the shadows but never attacking.

mannik

I see your wolves and raise you nazi zombies.

ZombieCraft = Minecraft + Nazi Zombies

klamity

See, my little brother, being a gamer with no mind of his own, would eat this for breakfast, lunch and dinner if he could. When he first got his own Xbox, he had three games. Modern Warfare 2, Reach, and some baseball game. All he played was MW2. Now, all he plays is Black Ops and Minecraft. I hope to god he doesn't find this.

Nadir

I've been following the Yogscast minecraft adventures on youtube, and I'm really impressed with them. I totally want to create something like their Israphel series.

I felt the .7 update was rather disappointing, but the screenshots of the .8 update look really quite awesome. Ruins and villages and giant mushrooms and a new mob... awesome.

klamity

Underground Ravines. My god.

Also, I wish they would add in something like the Finite Water mod. I just love pumping water around everywhere ^^