Inside The Triangle - Recruiting

Started by Chrystal, November 08, 2016, 05:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miroque

Name: Annika Koskinen

Player ID: Miroque

Job: Student in Helsinki University of Technology and bartendering at weekends.

Height: 165cm
Weight: 45kg
Hair Colour: if not obvious from pic
Eye Colour: if not obvious from pic
Build: if not obvious from pic

Distinguishing marks: Black Imperium logo on left shoulder (5cm across) and Arashigake tattoo inside right forearm in red.

Sexuality: Streight, but kissed a girl and liked it.

Weaknesses: Headstrong when determined something and dislikes to second guess anything.

Dislikes: Nude pics, Pets of any kind and Russians.

Personality: Annika is quite resilient and fit, as she has trained gymnastics from childhood and likes to keep her shape. Her parents were strict about schooling and she excelled on math and physics, giving her amble opportunities to choose an field she wanted to study in university. Yet she choosed to study achitecture and civil engineering.

Annika loves to draw and design things, that was what driven her to engineering studies in the firstplace. Being an ´nerdess´ never put her out for the dating circles that much and she had never had an long lasting or romantic relationship with anyone. Not that she have had time to look for one yet. This trip was her get-away from studies, to ´live a little´ before two full years of studies before graduation. She have had an blast. She found out she loves different dishes allround the world and what toke her by the supprise, was that she can actually learn languages easily. She cnat wait to get home and tell her friends all the things that have happened.

History: Annika won an small fortune in lottery and for the first time in her life, she got cash in abundance. First she paid off her student loan and bought an appartment. Second she toke skipyear from school and used it for travelling. Now, as she left east, she has travelled through Russia to India, three months in far east, to Australia and New Zeland, Hawaii to south america for two months, to Los Angeles and from there San Diego and through route 66 to Chicago and from there the east coast of US. Now she booked an flight to Carribean and from there she was planning to land on London or Paris for last leg of her journey before hitting home.

Other Info: My native language is not english, and I wish there will be no nazi's (Grammar or otherwise).
I was thinking of you should add "items carried" here aswell. I would assume in survival situations, that would be fitting. (Anyway, Annika has following: Clothes she wear, sneakers, handbag with following: Cellphone, charger, wallet, pack of pencils, travellers guide to carribean, unopened pack of lifesavers, bottle of sunblocker, mosquito sprey)

Link to player Ons / Offs page

Red Stella

I'm still in.  I hope we get more players.

Chrystal

*giggles*

Keep posting stuff here and keep the thread on page one. Legitimate posts only, obviously. Nothing that says "BUMP" or anything.

Asking legitimate questions like "What are you doing up at twenty to three in the morning?" or "don't you have a bed to go to?" will work....

Or possibly even questions related to the story, if anyone has any?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Sarah Morgan

Name: Christine Marshall

Player ID: Sarah Morgan

Job: Teaches high school English.

Height: 170 cm/5'7
Weight: 61.2 kg/135 pounds.
Hair Colour: Brunette.
Eye Colour: Midnight blue.
Build: Slim without appearing underweight, yet not overweight either.  She looks healthy for her size and body type. 

Distinguishing marks: None.  She's not a fan of needles in general, so volunteering to have them used just for the sake of drawing a picture has never been appealing.

Sexuality: Straight.

Weaknesses: Sewing, other than sewing on the occasional button; navigating by the sun (too used to using GPS and the like).  Also being from New York, she's used to the crowds in the city, so doesn't have much time for just watching how the sun moves.  Of course she knows the basics, but doesn't pay all that much attention every day.  Also not very good with cooking outdoors, without modern conveniences like electricity.

Likes: Reading, spending free time with her family on weekends, and her job (mostly|).
Dislikes: Bossy, impatient people; playing chess; and bees |(a friend had a bad reaction when she was a kid, and while her friend ended up being okay, it made a lasting impression).

Personality: Christine is open and outgoing, and tries to make friends with those she comes into contact with, if they seem open to getting to know her.  She's always been that way, though she wasn't one of the popularity crowd in school.  People genuinely liked her on her own merit, and she was never into the cheerleading or sports crowd.  She would do most anything for her family, who are the most important thing to her.

History: Christine grew up as an only child, her parents also being teachers.  Her mother taught science, and her father history.  Education was always important, and Christine's graces always reflected as much.  She didn't mind the work, and would rather have been home reading than out partying.

After she graduated high school, she went on to college and majored in education, wanting to carry on what her parents had taught her were important values, in helping others to learn as well.  She met her husband, Brian, in college in the teaching program, and they dated all through school, getting married not long after they graduated, and both were hired at the same school, Christine in the English department, and Brian teaching drama.  A year after they were married, Christine gave birth to their son David, who's 3.

The trip to Puerto Rico came about as a present from her husband for her birthday, the money to buy the ticket coming from some money he inherited when his grandfather passed away.  Some friends of Christine's were going, and he knew she'd always wanted to visit some place exotic, and Puerto Rico was a plus, as it was somewhere that could be gotten to without needing a passport, being a U.S. territory.  Christine had wanted Brian to come, but he'd finally convinced her to go with her friends, and he'd take care of David so she could have a good time and not have to worry about watching after him.  She finally agreed to go, but only because she knew Brian was giving David a fun vacation too, camping and just spending some alone time with him, even if was only 3.  Still, she hoped the trips for both would be a fun time to look back on for everyone in later years, when David could appreciate it more.

Other Info:
Face Claim: Kaya Scodelario

Link to player Ons / Offs page

Chrystal

Yep, that's fine.

You did mess up the coding a little bit. I actually sent you a PM with it all done, but it's close enough. If I get enough players to make a start, we can fix it then.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Sarah Morgan

Don't know if I've fixed the error, but thought I'd try anyway, for the practice.  |I went to the "Quote" option, which lets me see the actual code used, and then just copied and pasted the information that way, without altering the code any.  I'm not sure if that's the correct way, but if there's another one, I'm not sure what it is.

Also, just out of curiosity, what does the padding tag do?  I'm assuming it puts some kind of border around the picture, or makes it a certain size?  For those who don't know, I'm a totally blind player, so little details like what certain code does escape me.  Standard stuff like the bold and italic tags I can follow, but when it comes to doing things with pictures, I'm lost.  :)

Chrystal

Yep you fixed it. That is exactly the way I do it, and I can see what I'm doing!

Padding puts x blank pixels around the image (where padding=x). It's almost essential when using the "floatleft" or "floatright" tags. In case you don't know what they do: basically they put the picture on either the left or right side (respectively) of the screen and allow the text, or anything else, to flow down the other side. The biggest problem with that is, especially if you use "floatleft", the text will butt right up against the image, making it potentially difficult to read. Putting "Padding=5" will give five pixels of white space around the image, allowing the text to be clearer.

Red Stella

I'm not seeing the image on Christine's sheet, should there be one??

Chrystal

Yep, it's definitely there.... Usually when that happens to me it's an image cashing problem. Here's the cold-link:

http://www.hollywoodpics4u.com/hot/wallpapers/kaya-scodelario/hot-kaya-scodelario-wallpaper.jpg

Click that then try again...?

Hazy Sky

Hi,  I'm not actually in this game, but just in case it's not obvious Chrystal has been suspended for a year. As far as I'm aware there is no time off for good behaviour here. Unless someone wants to take over the game for her, I suspect that this is a non starter. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys and gals.

Edit: My assumption is that Chrystal has been suspended by admin, rather than having requested to be. I have no evidence to back up this assumption, neither do I know why the administration have seen fit to suspend her if they have done so. I thought I should just clarify this.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB