What are you playing? [SPOILER TAGS PLEASE]

Started by Sabby, May 31, 2009, 12:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 14, 2009, 08:47:52 PM
I'm addicted to Dragon Ages like crack. ;o

Though I agree with Inkidu, the tactic system is a bit, per-say, lacking and flawed or to me it is. I tried variations, but it is a bit complicated, especially the aggressive, defensive, and whatnot on the right side. I mean, is there an option other than 'default' for your team to attack or stay within your radius if you aggro? It makes playing a rogue difficult, I'll hate to see what it is like to be a mage or something when few party members rush in there to their dooooom. DOOOOM! I have to result to a lot of hit and run tactics to win fights on normal with my rogue and that is with the mage, templar, and dog companion. ;o

Normal is like hard, seriously the first boss(haven't got that far in the game, played it two days) but omg at that troll. It took me three or four attempts to figure out how to finally beat him without him meanmugging my party all over the place.

And I am the type that refuses to use a strategy guide for any game till I beat it. ;o Or part of beating it, as I believe each background has a diverse story to some point to it.

I am also addicted to Dragon age. I got it the day it came out and literally pulled like three all nighters that week playing through it. First story was a city elf warrior. I got her in a romance with Allister. God I love the strategy guide.

Tonalberry

I'm curious to see how the Dragon Age pen and paper RPG that's being made by Green Ronin is going to be.  I can't remember if they said it's not going to be D20 based, or if it's just not going to a Dungeons and Dragons supplement.

Nivea

Dragon Age Paper and Pen? That sounds interesting. I'm kind of missing Alistair. XD

Tonalberry

Quote from: Nivea on November 15, 2009, 01:36:26 AM
Dragon Age Paper and Pen? That sounds interesting. I'm kind of missing Alistair. XD

Yeah, I heard about it from 4chan's /tg/.  Don't know when exactly it's going to come out, just sometime next year I believe.  Also, save yourself a headache, and never mention Dragon Age the video game there.  You'll get a large amount of hate and love.

Eley

Anyone play any MMORPG out there? I've recently started playing Age of Conan again. And even though Dragon Age has hindered me from playing anything else for almost a week now, I'm glad that I chose AOC over the others MMORPGs out there...It's just more mature than most others.

Tonalberry

Quote from: Eley on November 15, 2009, 02:26:51 AM
Anyone play any MMORPG out there? I've recently started playing Age of Conan again. And even though Dragon Age has hindered me from playing anything else for almost a week now, I'm glad that I chose AOC over the others MMORPGs out there...It's just more mature than most others.

I play WoW, and for a short while I played Aion.  Had to give up Aion, because I just wasn't playing that much, and also because I became unemployed.  Might go back once I find a job.  I tried AoC's free trial, and while I thought the way it handled attacks in combat was different, it just didn't really wow me.  I also tried Lord of the Rings Online, and Dungeons and Dragons Online, both free trials.  They were both alright, and I wouldn't mind trying LoRO again, cause last time, my video card crapped out on me or something, which made playing the game really hard and laggy, and I still had like 3 or 4 days left on the trial.

Inkidu

My problem with Dragon Age is that my AI controlled companions get stuck on tactical commands. Like Sten had two important jobs. Kill archers and attack archers that are gunning for me. Now, he goes back and forth killing no one. It's just not smart enough, or maybe I'm DOIN" IT WRONG. I can't tell.

The above was an example.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

There are a lot of game glitches in Dragon age, but hopefully they'll put out an update for them. Like in Orzammar when your fighting in the proving. The game kept getting stuck between matches and I was waiting like forever for it to realize it was over.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sheiba sama on November 15, 2009, 05:24:47 PM
There are a lot of game glitches in Dragon age, but hopefully they'll put out an update for them. Like in Orzammar when your fighting in the proving. The game kept getting stuck between matches and I was waiting like forever for it to realize it was over.
Well I'm royally screwed. I don't have an Xbox Live account. I'm really hating the ship now fix later mentality... -_-;
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Sheiba sama on November 15, 2009, 12:33:45 AM
I am also addicted to Dragon age. I got it the day it came out and literally pulled like three all nighters that week playing through it. First story was a city elf warrior. I got her in a romance with Allister. God I love the strategy guide.

I'm trying to find a way to uh...  Nail Morrigan without being a total ass to the rest of the party...  :p

So yes, I too am playing Dragon Age, and on Tuesday I will also be playing Assassin's Creed II.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Chris Brady

Quote from: Tonalberry on November 15, 2009, 01:15:18 AM
I'm curious to see how the Dragon Age pen and paper RPG that's being made by Green Ronin is going to be.  I can't remember if they said it's not going to be D20 based, or if it's just not going to a Dungeons and Dragons supplement.

It's going to be it's own system, I believe it's 3d6 based (Not sure if it's higher or lower the better), it's also set up like the ancient Basic/Expert/Companion/Master/Immortal setup.  The first box set (Seems like a resurgeance of these) will cover levels 1-5.  The next set will expand on it.

It was also supposed to be released along side the Computer Game.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Brandon

Currently Im playing Aion: The tower of Eternity and its a pretty awesome game. I moved to the game from Warhammer for balanced PVP and I didnt get that but at least its not nearly as bad as WAR was when I left.

The problem with Aion PVP right now is theres almost no control for it. You can be a level 50 assassin and gank people as low as 25 and theres no penalty. At least with Warhammer they split the zones up every 10 levels instead of tossing you into one area with everyone else and there was the chicken debuff (if you attacked someone under your teir you were turned into a chicken and could be 1 shot by any enemy).

Fortress and keep raids work much better and are much more involved then warhammer though. They go through 2 hour timers where they are vulnerable and invulnerable which is a mixed blessing. On one had you know when a raids going to happen but on the other hand your enemy does too. It also makes it so you cant immediatly take a fortress back by just killing the fortress lord. On top of that fighting the fortress lord is a massive raid attempt needing at least 40 people but it has the feel of the old Everquest raiding that its an epic and difficult encounter.

As for other MMOs Everquest, WoW and Warhammer were the only ones I played for any length of time but Ive tried a slew of others and eventually given them up for one reason or another.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Nadir

Chris Brady

Define 'mature'?  I had three friends quit for two major reasons, one of which was common to all of them.  The lack of maturity of the players.  The other complaints were inconsistent to what they thought Sword and Sorcery was, and the magic.

I'm playing WoW again, got a 10 day Lich King trial.  Very tempted (CURSE YOU BLIZZARD!) to jump back in again...

consortium11

I' on a bit of a "slightly older" games kick right now: Football manager 2008, Rome: Total War, replaying Deus Ex and Fallout 2.

Xenoti

Currently Champions Online, and Breath of Fire 4

Tsenta

There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

MercyfulFate

Modern Warfare 2 and Guitar Hero 5

Tonalberry

Managed to get Overlord 2 yesterday, and I've been playing it.  I love being able to control minions, sending them out to loot and slaughter.

MercyfulFate

Quote from: Tonalberry on November 18, 2009, 04:35:22 PM
Managed to get Overlord 2 yesterday, and I've been playing it.  I love being able to control minions, sending them out to loot and slaughter.

I tried to like that game, but the graphics and controls were so bad I just couldn't.

Tonalberry

What did you play it on, PC or console?  I have it for PC, and the controls are fine in my opinion.  same with the graphics.

Drake Valentine

Right now I am also playing Left 4 Dead 2 on the PC. ;o Wee, zombie killing fun, gives me something to ease my mind at times when Dragon Age Origins gets on my nerves.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Callie Del Noire

OMFG!

Assassin's Creed 2!!!!

WOW.

JUST WOW.

Queen Be Damned Sheiba

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 18, 2009, 09:09:25 PM
OMFG!

Assassin's Creed 2!!!!

WOW.

JUST WOW.

Jusst started today...I'm in love XP

Jude

I borrow my roommate's copy of MW2 sometimes, but I've only played for like... 5 multiplayer matches.  It's pretty fun.  Very similar to MW1 once you get into it enough, just a lot more to do.

Breath of Fire IV was kickass.

Borderlands Zombie DLC next Tuesday!