Pokegirl rp

Started by HollowX, January 22, 2012, 09:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HollowX

I'm wondering how many people would be interested in a pokegirl setting game? I know a lot about 'canon' pokegirls and knowledge about the settings but I don't really have any ideas for a storyline. Anybody have any ideas?

TAMER BIO

Name:
Appearance: A picture or a written description or both
Blood Gifts (if any):
Blood Curses (if any):
Brief History:
Starter Choices (please remove them once they have been claimed/captured):

POKEGIRL BIO

Type:
Nickname:
Owner (if any):
Appearance: A picture or a written description or both
Domesticated/Feral/Threshold (if threshold, indicate owned, tamer, or untamed):

Pokegirl site:
http://www.angelfire.com/mn3/pokegirls/main.html

bloodgifts and curses:

http://www.pokegirls.org/index.php?q=node/1349

Sweetie

I have no ideas, but I might be interested if you can get things going.

HollowX

Would you think a setting and storyline would be good, or would an open world with a long reaching plot but essentially free area running be good?

Laughing Hyena

Im good for a poke girls game.

Callie Del Noire

Interested.. yeah..

thing is it never lasts :(

HollowX

That's why I'd like a co-gm, preferrably you Callie. You stuck around longer than even Wolfy, who of late seems to be choppy. Then there's also the fact that I myself might not be stable in progressing the game where you would be. :D

The storyline is still to be determined though, I have two ideas but one would be restricted to one city to do while the other would be complex but open to many.

the first would be in the format of a tournament setting, and what would happen in the city as the tournament progressed, what those events would be are not thought up yet.

the other would allow people to do what they wished and start what they wish, with the effects of a world event being felt and eventually gravitating the people to look for it. infinitely more complex, but probably a better and longer plot than the first. The goal of this particular setting though would be to get it to a board.

If someone has an idea please say so, if you like one of the ones above

Callie Del Noire

I'd like to help out Hollow, but I'm doing a heavy load this quarter. As much as I'd like to try my Drowzee idea out of the character graveyard, I'm just saying.. without a strong idea to back it, we'll not last long. The tourney idea sounds good thing.. and the last game had a good idea too. (the shipwreck was just way cool)

HollowX

I could try to ressurect the island thing, but that depends on interest in it. The tournament idea is starting to swirl as well admittedly. The island thing is more secure in what I planned though. Would you be interested in that again?

Callie Del Noire

I might be persuaded if you are interested in having the Drowzee wild card. Questions you need to ask is what sort of tournement (if you go with it), what backstorys and such)

HollowX

Alright, for those interested in seeing what I am talking about with the Isles (if you don't already know):

The start goes like this: All of the characters are tamers/pokegirls on a ship to the Orange Isles (the reasons are your own), and at some point the ship experience unforeseen problems: the lifeboats are smashed and for some reason the supports for the ship to float have been lost. For any that had decided to try and get out by a sea pokegirl a dark shape would come and cause them to black out. For the others, they can be in the sea for days or simply hours, but all see shapes that move in the water. For those that don't last long enough and black out early they wake up on a beach on an unknown island, for those that are able to survive for days and gets past the reef a current takes them to the island itself. Each tamer can have up to three pokegirls as mentioned before, but I do make it a requirement that the player for the tamer does not control the pokegirls.

For the tournament: Though the same rules between tamers and pokegirl control would apply the limit would be extended to six pokegirls, with one extremely rare pokegirl available. For the plot, this part is actually the easiest to explain, simply a tournament for the pokegirl world to figure out who the strongest tamer there is out there, the universe is based off pokemon after all, if only loosely. The real plot twists comes in what interference comes into play and how it comes into play. With the strongest all gathered in one place, what better place could there be to gather members, whether forcefully or willingly?

Beware, with both games unless you specifically request it not to be a factor there is a chance your tamer characters will be killed or changed into a pokegirl themselves. If you don't want this notify me before we begin (if we begin...).

Also, Callie, I don't you to force yourself to join a game, that simply burns a player out or gets them to quit another one of their games.

Laughing Hyena

Not comfortable with a gender or poke girl transformation but dying moments of awesome or such I can deal with.

I was always a fan of the "Eevee" tree anyway.

HollowX

Alright, no problem then. though Evee would be a restricted pokegirl with the Isles storyline lol

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on January 22, 2012, 11:43:33 PM
Not comfortable with a gender or poke girl transformation but dying moments of awesome or such I can deal with.

I was always a fan of the "Eevee" tree anyway.

Okay.. I'll bow out.. hope my input has gotten some folks thinking.

Laughing Hyena

What did I do!?

;_;

Anyway Hollow, I take it that means I cannot go with just an "Eevee" family?

PS - To elaborate I personally dont wanna have my character change into a poke'girl. Others are free to do so of course and I have no problems with a character that wants my character after he/she turns into said poke girl.

HollowX

I think she meant to qoute my post actually.

I'm confused as to your mention of not wanting a character who has the risk of transforming and then mentioning that you don't mind another character taking that transformed character, but I do have an answer for the other question.

I'm starting to lean more and more towards the tournament, so in this case the Evee line would definitely be allowed. Orange Isles have a phobia of Evees ever since the last one that was there turned their continent into the isles by evolving. That's why the Isles storyline wouldn't make sense if you had an Evee.

Laughing Hyena

Well, what I meant was I was hoping for the evolved version already in place like Espeon or Jolt or Flare or so forth when I start. I take it theres a ton more difference in power in the poke girl universe regarding an Eevee or Eva as they are called. (kind of a newbie)

As for the confusion I personally wouldn't want my character to be turned into a poke girl. If another person wants their character to be turned into a poke girl thats fine with me. That's all.

PS - Reading over it now Im utterly conflicted.

Sethala

I get a strange sense of deja vu here...

I think the last game with the island story was going good for the most part, Hollow, I just couldn't get things to work again after taking over as GM, and kinda lost interest myself.  I might be willing to help co-GM, at least to keep the story moving and not stall waiting on NPCs, but it depends on what else I end up doing.

Anyway, regardless of what story you go with, I'm game.

HollowX

Makes sense lol.

If we can get character sheets in we may be able to get started, assuming Sweetie is still around.

TheRedGuy

Oh a Pokegirl Rp, now this sounds fun. *Throws my metaphoric hat in* Never had a transformation clause in this game before. Should be interesting.

HollowX

The transformation thing comes from Teams in the pokegirl universe, the unstability of DNA in the rest of the human race makes it so that illegally modified pokeballs turn any but pure blooded humans (an extreme rarity) into pokegirls if the process isn't stopped in time. Team Chaos is the one best known for using this, even against their own men.

Laughing Hyena

So in short I would have to be a pure human which as you said is rare. Any other way to protect yourself from that? May I ask? Anyway I am definitely in.

TheRedGuy

Ah I see, that makes sense. Well when ever its ready then. I much enjoyed the last incarnation I played, though I feel I would feel cheesy Playing a person and his Poke, so if anyone shows that just wants to play Pokegirl or trainer then feel free.

ShadowFox89

Posting tentative interest..... May I ask what exactly a pokegirl is? I've been a fan of pokemon ever since it came to America, but never heard of pokegirls.....

Off topic question- Would anyone be interested in a pokethulhu game?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Try here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Pokegirls

Lots of info on the basics, and a few links to other resources.

ShadowFox89

Hmm.... Not much information in there....

Do we have an idea of a storyline? Or maybe just sandbox it.....
Call me Shadow
My A/A