Virtual Galaxy Beta Discussion (Closed)

Started by Moraline, July 07, 2013, 08:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xRebecca

That much sounds clear to me, but when do you know you have won or lost? The pictures should be very explanatory, but I still fail to really see what to put where. The idea sounds lovely to me, really does, and I thank you greatly for your explanation because that sure cleared a lot of things out. Should it be like, certain death? Or just injuries?
~Do I want to be with you as the years come and go?
Only forever if you care to know.
Would I grant all your wishes and be proud of the task?
Only forever if someone should ask.

~Even when I'm clumsy, I'll try to make it into something graceful.

Chrystal

Okay, WHAT?

NOOOOO! You can't kill your own character so early in the game!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Moraline

Quote from: xRebecca on July 14, 2013, 10:05:11 AM
That much sounds clear to me, but when do you know you have won or lost? The pictures should be very explanatory, but I still fail to really see what to put where. The idea sounds lovely to me, really does, and I thank you greatly for your explanation because that sure cleared a lot of things out. Should it be like, certain death? Or just injuries?
As the GM of the game I will tell you exactly what your rolling for and when to roll. I will explain whenever a roll is needed, what the results will indicate (win/lose/draw etc..)

The dicebot is nothing more then a random number generator. You punch in the number and click "roll dice." then it gives you a result.

Battle Example:

xRebecca's makes a post stating that she's going to enter a building to look for something. She think that there is a "key" to the puzzle in the room. She faces off against a giant slug like creature called a Hutt (from Star Wars). 

((You knew this before hand because I told you that when you head to this location you will find a Hutta gangster inside))

So xRebecca asks me in OOC what dice roll she needs to beat the Hutta Gangster and his armed side kicks.

GM (me) responds with a post in OOC that says to beat the room with 2 gangsters and 1 Hutta in it, you will need to roll a 10 or higher. <Then I will state the results of a victory or loss. And the prize rewarded if won.>

xRebecca uses the dicebot to roll the dice (20 sided which is equal to a random number from 1-20). xRebecca rolls a 12.

xRebecca makes a post in the IC thread with the copy/pasted Diceroll results showing her 12. Since a 12 is a victory but only a couple points over the margin of victory. xRebecca writes up a post detailing her hard fought battle with the gangsters in the room and her eventual victory then she takes the "key" and leaves the room triumphantly returning to her teammates.

Example (So, What if I lose?!):

In this example, xRebecca rolled a very low 4. She was defeated in battle and crushed. 

So xRebecca writes a post with the results copy/pasted and says she tried to fight them but she was outgunned, they shot her up good and she was easily defeated on this attempt (or something like that.)

Now it's most likely that in this world if you lose you'll be sent to a "starting/hub" point. You get teleported when you are defeated back to the hub (like as if you lost in a video game).  Most likely you will lose all your items/weapons/VCoins(the money).

** Most planets won't have a death option, even if they do.. I'll probably come up with something that your teammates can do to rescue your avatar.  I don't believe in actually killing off characters in a game unless the player wants to have their character die.

xRebecca

Quote from: Moraline on July 14, 2013, 10:43:26 AM
(...)

** Most planets won't have a death option, even if they do.. I'll probably come up with something that your teammates can do to rescue your avatar.  I don't believe in actually killing off characters in a game unless the player wants to have their character die.

That just explained a lot, thank you very much. I'll get a character sheet ready asap!
~Do I want to be with you as the years come and go?
Only forever if you care to know.
Would I grant all your wishes and be proud of the task?
Only forever if someone should ask.

~Even when I'm clumsy, I'll try to make it into something graceful.

Chrystal

Quote from: Chrystal on July 14, 2013, 10:32:42 AM
Okay, WHAT?

NOOOOO! You can't kill your own character so early in the game!

Quote from: Moraline on July 14, 2013, 10:43:26 AM

Trial run of this? Do we get to rescue Blue?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Moraline

Quote from: Chrystal on July 14, 2013, 11:02:54 AM
Trial run of this? Do we get to rescue Blue?
*winks*  Just driving a little fear of death into the characters. Sort of bringing it home to them and making it "real." Nothing the players can do about it right now, she didn't die in battle or anything. A good guess would be that someone pulled off her helmet.. or her real body suffered a stroke or something.

LOL.. Or maybe she's just got really crappy internet connection!

TheHangedOne

I think an injection of 20cc's of fiber-optic-cable might save her.

Edit: By the way, every so often, Kruglov says something in Ukrainian. It'll be kept pretty short, usually a good indicator that he's excited or agitated about something. If anybody ever wants to know what he's saying, just ask; here or in PMs or what-have-you. In this case, he said "fuck".
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Chrystal

We need a team of four players to get onto Dust - I'm assuming we will need to get there at some point, or you wouldn't have created the world already in such detail....

Soooo, we need Blue back or we need a new player!

- Edit - It's a great way to eliminate the characters of players who drop out, though!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 14, 2013, 11:13:28 AM
I think an injection of 20cc's of fiber-optic-cable might save her.

Edit: By the way, every so often, Kruglov says something in Ukrainian. It'll be kept pretty short, usually a good indicator that he's excited or agitated about something. If anybody ever wants to know what he's saying, just ask; here or in PMs or what-have-you. In this case, he said "fuck".
Sweet, I luv Ukrainian. I don't understand a word of it, but languages from that region are sexy.

Chrystal

Damn! Why didn'#t I think of that sooner......

*goes to see if Dasha would like to play*

steelsmiter

Quote from: xRebecca on July 14, 2013, 09:07:54 AM
What do dice rolls add to the game? What purpose do they serve? I can't really see what it adds to the game and what kind of extra's it'll give you but a lot of trouble. I've never worked with dice rolls before, so please don't take this as an insult ^_^"

Oh, and in response to you all: thanks for the welcoming messages, but this all sounds rather complicated.
Steelsmiter... the dice rolls add Steelsmiter.
That may seem like a snark but really it's not. The only games that feature death that I will join are those that resolve it with a system:
you lose the d20 roll you are nearly dead and if you go back you're a dv^^&@$$

or those where my death is absolutely in my control (Chloe from Who wants to Fv*k a Millionaire)
or the Hentaiverse, but death is almost guaranteed to be sexual there and doesn't count.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Moraline

Okay, I changed the logo to the simple text image logo. Here's the signature badge if anyone wants to use it. The other images are still posted if you'd rather use them for your siganture too.

(feel free to change it's size etc..)
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=178960.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/2/2c/VGB_simple_SM.png[/img][/url]

steelsmiter

You know I think it would be neat to have one link directly to the main game thread.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Moraline

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 14, 2013, 12:14:27 PM
You know I think it would be neat to have one link directly to the main game thread.
People are free to change the link if they want to. But primarily tags are meant to draw people in for recruitment so that's why it currently directs over here. I don't mind if people change it.  (I do have links to all threads in the original post of every thread, so they can also find recruitment that way.)

steelsmiter

I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Formless

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 14, 2013, 11:13:28 AM

Try to use the acronym feature.

hover the mouse over here or quote

Chrystal

Quote from: Formless on July 14, 2013, 02:50:53 PM

WOW, cool. Another hiden feature learned. Thanks formless.

Formless

My pleasurte ... I was clueless about it until a dear friend showed it to me. xD

Moraline

Quote from: Formless on July 14, 2013, 02:50:53 PM

Nice, "acronym=," I didn't know that command and I've built more then a few of these forums before.

Thank you.

TheHangedOne

Haha. Did not know you could do that. I'll have to give it a try some time.
Check out my poet tree!

Formless

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 14, 2013, 03:15:50 PM
Haha. Did not know you could do that. I'll have to give it a try some time.

I'll be sure to run the mouse over anything Ukrainian you type. xD

Quote from: Moraline on July 14, 2013, 03:03:09 PM
Nice, "acronym=," I didn't know that command and I've built more then a few of these forums before.

Thank you.

You're welcome ... and well played on Blue's post. xD

Yukina

I'm guessing her helmet was taken off, but put back on by the arguing people around her in the real world?

Chrystal

Something like that, yes, I suppose...

Moraline, I'm not suggesting everyone does that, but it would stand to reason that more than one person had the same or similar experience?

Silver is going to be found, eventually, by one of her sisters, all but dead through dehydration, but that will be in a couple of days time, by when they will know not to remove the VR helmet....

Moraline

OOC Information:

The doctors tried to disconnect her but leave the portion attached that would cause her to die. It was an experiment. She was the guinea pig. It failed.

As far as everyone knowing about "not taking off the helmet."  Yes, most would know about it. Remember that VGB can be watched by people through live streams. (In gamer terms it's a bit like having Twitch.TV) So that means the moment "the Event" happened everyone knew about it. It would be almost impossible not to know about it. Everyone would be talking about it in every media outlet.