Mystery Inc © 2014 (Sexy Scoobo-Doo! update) - New roles open

Started by NubianLegend, July 09, 2014, 11:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NubianLegend

Mystery Inc © 2014

Rules & Format

• This game will probably go into the NC- Exotic subforum. You can get into as much smut as you want, so long as you've worked out the details with the other players. I'd like to establish an actual mystery investigation so bear that mind
  • I understand Non-consensual and BDSM are rather popular, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. So I'll leave that up to individual players preferences to determine the type of content their characters encounter.
  • All characters must be somewhere between the age range of twenty-one (21) to twenty-five (25). This mainly pertains to the core team of Mystery Inc. because they're suppose to be college kids in the same general age group.
  • No vaguely underage stuff, no illegal stuff, no hateful stuff. Respect the sites rules.
  • I'm on the fence about anime. I will accept some anime. so long as it fits the general description of the character and the setting. Semi-realistic artystles are preferred. This is an example of what I'm talking about. There's no reason at all why a pink-haired girl with an over sized sword or something equally ridiculous would exist in this setting so I'd be less than pleased to see one. One of my biggest pet peeves.
  • Please respect all players. Read and abide by their O/Os. Do not godmod or attempt to control another character. If you are requested to alter your post, do so immediately.
  • No gary/mary sues
  • Respect my authority
  • If you're unsure about something, ask. Don't assume.
  • Don't take everything so seriously. Have some fun!

Outline

I'd like to try my hand at a Scooby-Doo inspired game because I think it would be fun to revisit that part of television history and extrapolate upon that original design to make something that the people of my generation who followed the cartoons in its various incarnations can enjoy themselves now that we're adults, it's only now that I can appreciate the innuendos and hidden references in most of the cartoons I watched as a child. As seen here.

I feel like nowadays that's kind of lost with the rise of the adult cartoon, shows like south park and family guy kinda of made a lane for cartoons that are meant to be enjoyed by adults and teens,  and I noticed that cartoons are sort of in a decline. I feel like there's not really a lot of cartoons that accurately relates to the generation as it is today. Scooby-Doo was very much a 70's show for people who lived in the 70's . It was a lot more relevant to the culture than a lot of what we see today. From how they dressed, to the way they talked, the musical arrangements to even the type of guest stars and references the writers used. It was specific to that period. It was meant to be the representation for 70's hippie counterculture in a lot of respects. Those kids got high in that van. Why else would a jock, a preppie chick, a brainiac, a hippy and his anthropomorphic talking dog hang out together in a van? What do they have in common really? They were toking up. Their van always broke down every episode because they were too jacked up to drive, there was smoke literally everywhere and you know why he wanted to split up with Daphne EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Anyway, I'd like to see who might be interested in this modern retelling of mine. New van, new kids, and new mysteries. It would follow the basic premise of the original cartoon for the most part, you know a bunch of meddling college kids and their anthropomorphic talking pet taking part in adventures in a van of sorts, while adding an entirely new cast, situations, and a decidedly riskee tone. I may be inclined to introduce some supernatural elements  to keep things exciting from time-to-time. I wouldn't mind a vampire or werewolf or two hanging around the group. Witches, warlocks, a friendly ghost, vampires, of that sort are always welcome. I'm thinking about adding a twist and making the members themselves connected to the supernatural in a sense.

I was thinking of a core group similar to the original. They can even be related to the original mystery inc, but they should reflect the times obviously and the group should have more than an interest in solving mystery's and what not. Something for new and old fans alike. So, here is what I'm looking for:

Cast & Guest Characters

Badass Normal Leader guy - Myself
The trendy chick(comes from a long line of coven witches) - Red Stella
The Brain (a techno path mutant)- Reserved
The loveable free spirit (free spirit has spiritual powers, comes from a long line of shaman priests)  - Open
Anthromorphic team pet (cursed demon)- Weeping Liberty

Rival mystery team
Leader -
The Lancer-
Smart guy/girl -
The Heart-
Team Pet-

Others:

Celebrity Guest Stars:(I'd like to see...)

Katy Perry
Rihanna
Lupita N'yongo
Pharrell Williams
Arcade Fire
Selena Gomez
John Legend
Mark Zuckerberg
Daft Punk
Kanye West
Kim Kardasian
Seth Rogen
Michelle Wie
Kevin Durant
Russell Wilson
Jeremy Lin
The Rock
Ronda Rhousey
Robert Downey Jr.
John Cho & Kal Pen
Betty White

and more...

Character Sheet

[float=right][img height=300][/img][/float]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]College Major:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]
[b]Skills:[/b]
(5 max)
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Juggtacular

I'd love to go for the Shaggy archetype. But instead of being a total hippy, maybe he's like an athlete who just smokes waaaay too much. Kinda like, well everyone from Blue Mountain State.

Also this will make you laugh

NubianLegend

Quote from: Juggtacular on July 10, 2014, 01:54:25 AM
I'd love to go for the Shaggy archetype. But instead of being a total hippy, maybe he's like an athlete who just smokes waaaay too much. Kinda like, well everyone from Blue Mountain State.

Also this will make you laugh

That works for me. Or better yet, he can be the one with the group who's scoring for the others because he's well connected. You won't find too many  actual hippy's now, but he can be more subdued and free-spirited personality wise.

I remember seeing this on adult swim. After they got arrested I believe Harvey Bird Man, attorney at law represented them in court. I forgot the verdict but the rest of the gang was sitting in the benches lol.

NubianLegend

Instead of a van, I'm thinking about upgrading to a mystery RV. Something a bit more spacious and utilitarian if necessary.

WeepingLiberty

By Anthromorpic, you just mean talking/intelligent right? Can it look like any breed of dog I want(Obviously not a Chihuahua)? If so I'd love to take that role. This sounds like a blast!
ONs/OFFs & Absences<---Updated 9/8

NubianLegend

Quote from: WeepingLiberty on July 10, 2014, 10:09:50 AM
By Anthromorpic, you just mean talking/intelligent right? Can it look like any breed of dog I want(Obviously not a Chihuahua)? If so I'd love to take that role. This sounds like a blast!

Anthropomorphic as in possessing human-like traits. I'm fine with any breed of dog...but no cats. it can even be a furry, a pokemorph or one of those dog-ear people that certain folks like so much.

WeepingLiberty

I prefer fox ears myself ^.^ Haha, just wanted to make sure I had the right Anthro-whatveryoucallsit. I tend to read long words incorrectly and have to double check them. But if you're alright with dog-eared people and even Pokemorphs, would a demon dog with a human form fit with your theme? If so, I know exactly which of my characters to spruce up.

Juggtacular

That works fine for me Nubian. And damn, Velma being lesbian would totally put a damper on...well every guys plans, lol.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Chrystal on July 10, 2014, 12:48:37 PM
OOOH, would you have any objections to the Velma archetype  being a total dyke as well as a geek?

I don't see why not, so long as it works for our little group here...I don't think I could raise such an objection, because I understand why you like it. I don't blame you one bit, I'm not a hater. I'm a bit of a velma fan myself, but I'll respect your preferences and leave it at that. Whatever works for you, works for me. I'd be glad to have you in my group.

WeepingLiberty

Yes indeed. Hello there.  ;D Do I want to know what this guy did with Scooby?

Chrystal

Quote from: WeepingLiberty on July 10, 2014, 02:07:52 PM
Yes indeed. Hello there.  ;D Do I want to know what this guy did with Scooby?

Unfortunately I sort-of squicked out before he got the chance....

By the way, does anyone else think the new format is too dark?

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

WeepingLiberty

Quote from: Chrystal on July 10, 2014, 02:11:01 PM

As much as I love the color combo... Yeah, it's just a smidge too dark... And doesn't really match the old look that they did leave behind.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Chrystal on July 10, 2014, 01:57:11 PM
This was actually something I did as a one-shot a couple of years ago.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=65476.msg5644479#msg5644479
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=127935.0

This was of course using the cannon characters. Unfortunately we ended up with a guy playing Scooby, which rather spoiled the experience for me.

However, this time, the scooby archetype seems to be a female player... *grins*

Ru'roh.

I mean... Uh Oh. I don't like that grin one bit. So, I'm more than interested to see what kind of Daphne character we'll have for this group. So, what do you guys think of the additional liberties/revisions I've made thus far? Are they welcomed? Or Is there something you'd like to see that I didn't touch upon in the opening post? I realize that I really didn't get into the actual sexual content of the game. I don't want to set things into stone at this point , but I do have some idea's I'm willing to explore as far as that.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Chrystal on July 10, 2014, 02:11:01 PM

You mean the chat box and whatever they did to the color scheme? Yeah it is a bit strong on the eyesight.

Juggtacular

I like the revisions and upgrades you made on it. Spirit powers are gonna be fun to play around with.

WeepingLiberty

As far as sexual content goes, I'm pretty open minded about whatever. I have very few absolute NOs when it comes down to my character, though, so... *Wisps around like a fairy* Do whatever you all want.

1SAZ

Interested. Not sure what role I could fill, but I'm definitely interested.

Chrystal

Techno path mutant?

Not a technopathic mutant, because a technopathic geek is something of an oxymoron! lol

Okay the colour scheme looks better now...

Quote from: WeepingLiberty on July 10, 2014, 02:27:11 PM
As far as sexual content goes, I'm pretty open minded about whatever. I have very few absolute NOs when it comes down to my character, though, so... *Wisps around like a fairy* Do whatever you all want.

Depends on what creature you come up with...

1SAZ, I'm pretty sure there will be roles for the villains. But whatever happens, you have to remember, when you're finally caught, to say "I'd have done it too, if it wasn't for you MEDDLING KIDS!"

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

NubianLegend

Quote from: 1SAZ on July 10, 2014, 03:22:29 PM
Interested. Not sure what role I could fill, but I'm definitely interested.

This new layout is throwing me off right now. Try working on a character anyway. If someone drops, we may have use for your character, but I think I'll hold out on letting anymore people in until we have a full team first.

NubianLegend

I have a far out idea that I want to try out. If we get enough character profiles, then perhaps  there can be a second team of rival mystery solvers.

Chrystal

NubianLegend

Juggtacular

Yeah. This boy needs girls. You can't be a partying stoner scholarship college athlete and not get with chicks. It's biologically impossible. -nod of sage wisdom-

Chrystal

WeepingLiberty

I am a demon dog, therefore I fear nothing. But being the sexy devil he's going to be, he'd probably take the girl's side.  ;)