Exalted sandbox game - interest check

Started by HairyHeretic, May 14, 2014, 12:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

The thing of it is, a sworn brotherhood in some half ruined place, there on some gamble well outside the bounds of their society, you're pretty far off from your original sandboxy intent, that gets pretty focused. If the idea is also basically completely broken off from Realm society, that's not what I was looking myself to get into.

I'd for my part like a dynastic game where you are actually interacting with, y'know, the dynasty, the culture of the Realm, not some far off point in the Scavenger Lands with little to do with it. I was at least picturing something like a substantial Realm colony built up in the area to interact with ala Greyfalls or something. If it's some sworn Brotherhood far off from the trappings of the Realm, it's really not like unto that.

Zaer Darkwail

Down in road the place could become Realm satrapy (it's wild land after all who no one has 'claimed' to it's own).

HairyHeretic

The idea was that this is pretty much within spitting distance of the Bordermarches. Technically someone might lay claim to it, but that would be a weak enough claim that anyone else with the power to actually lay claim to it could do so.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Zaer Darkwail

And thus create power struggle and thus send sworn brotherhood do said claim than any single DB. As group sworn brotherhood is strongest candidate to rule the city as kind 'lords and ladies' council or such if they can get decent local power base and influence in area.

Kolbrandr

Quote from: HairyHeretic on May 16, 2014, 02:46:05 PM
The idea was that this is pretty much within spitting distance of the Bordermarches. Technically someone might lay claim to it, but that would be a weak enough claim that anyone else with the power to actually lay claim to it could do so.

Ah, well that definitely shellacks such setting material as I was going to contribute then, as I was going to treat it like a place with at least some developed Realm influence.

Going to withdraw then, this isn't really what I'm looking for. But you seem to have enough interest to make a go of it anywho. I think I'm just going to file exalted on ell as something not really going in the directions I have an interest then. Good luck though and such.

Rook Seidhr

Hmm. I think I concur with Kolbrandr. I should have read the thread more carefully before jumping in, instead of reading just the first post.

Have fun!

HairyHeretic

No worries. Good luck in finding a game that does appeal to you.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Marie Reynolds

Good Luck Kolbrandor and Riveda, I share your frustration just like  how i will be waiting to the end of days to see a Gente based game.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 16, 2014, 07:44:54 PM
Good Luck Kolbrandor and Riveda, I share your frustration just like  how i will be waiting to the end of days to see a Gente based game.

I presume you've tried getting one started? If you can gather enough interest, you may attract a GM out of the woodwok.

Can I presume that everyone else is happy enough with the setting? If so, I'll set up an OOC thread tomorrow and we can discuss characters and whatever else needs done to get things up and running. I'm thinking probably BON to start, we can always move the threads later if necessary. Sound okay to everyone?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die