You say "hate" like its a bad thing,...

Started by Spectre, December 15, 2017, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectre

I want to explore the idea of people who really just cant stand one another. Maybe it's a grudge, or opposing view points or maybe one (or both) is just a down right asshole. And I want to put these characters as close as humanly possible and watch the sparks just catch flames. Any gender of kind of character welcome. The more out there, the better! There will be sarcastic comments, arguing, yelling, maybe even honest to goodness violence. Writers be warned, I make nice little plots and characters, then see how I can destroy them:

Examples:
- Arranged Marriages: This marriage unified the two kingdoms, saving them from crumbling into nothing but a plot of in in a history page. Unfortunately for the two monarchs, what might end up in those same pages is their bitter, tense public appearances or the yelling matches that echo through the place halls. Its only been official for a month now, but will the royal couple make it to the two month anniversary without snapping each other, and their kingdom, in half??

- That one was your fault!: A pair of magic apprentices, both nursing a grudge and simmering rivalry, accidentally get their beloved master caught in their spell work when trying to outdo one another. Either they were banished from this word or has been harmed or afflicted in some way that mean that our Rivals need to join forces to save them. Bonus points if it means that they need to be forced on an epic quest.

-Room For ONE: The working world is hard enough when you don't work with someone you cant stand. And when that person is in your work space, its only a matter of time before someone goes off. I think it would work best in a corporate setting or somewhere where they need to work together, like a coffee shop or a restaurant.

Passive AGGRESSION- Be honest, you didn't want to be living with a roommate at this age. Nobody would, but in this economy? Screw it. Its not that bad, right? They only leave notes on most of the furniture, Right? Its not like you ever talked about -when- it was appropriate to blast that stereo, RIGht? Were BOTH going to stay perfectly polite, RIGHT?!

Feel free to Pm with any interest or ideas of your own, I think this could get really fun, really fast!

TwilightJester

READ o/o
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=272188.msg13391326#msg13391326

Spectre