DnD 3.5 Unlimited: Legendary Monsters Recruitment part2!

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 07, 2016, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Actually, if you don't mind being a Bard, there is Snowflake Wardance.  And if you don't want to be a Bard, there's the Slippers of Battledancing in the DMGII, though that one requires you to move 10 feet each round to get the benefits.

And if you'd like to take both Bard and Monk levels, there's a chaotic Monk variant called the Chaos Monk in Dragon Magazine #335 that's compatible with this game's houserules for the Monk class.  Though, that would stop you from having that LE alignment you mentioned wanting, so the Slippers might be the better choice in that case.

Keelan

...actually, how does racial HD fit into this gestalt again? Because I was looking at PCs and it looks like some seem to have like 25HD, 15 HD, etc... and the only thing I can fathom is that they're using racial HD after gestalting the other two progressions...

Sain

The 25HD is an NPC, 15HD and above have just leveled up a few times. Luna of the Luna & Midnight pair is technically a mount.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Keelan

Ah, okay... and I notice some are getting ranks of divine... this might just be the highest-power game I'd've ever played if I finish a char for it... and I've done an Epic 25 and Epic 27 before...

Zaer Darkwail

Power charts for this game is over 9000 :P. Yeah, divine ranks are thing which you can acquire later on (or start as divine rank 0 being which brings lot immunities for you and gets feet in to start cult devoted for yourself and build religion). Also one players started as a red dragon half-silver dragon, as then you got no class levels then unless sacrificing CR which determines age of your dragon char.

Keelan

Wait, you can start as divine 0? What would I need to do to pull that off, 'cause 'Daughter of a MAJOR (Evil) God' kinda makes sense something would trickle down...

Zaer Darkwail

It's one starting gifts for new players for my game :). Either level, companion, artifact or start as divine rank 0 entity.

Keelan

So I could start at Level 13/Divine Rank 0? Or do you mean I have to choose between Level 13 and Level 12/Divine 0?

Zaer Darkwail

Yes, 13th level divine rank 0 as one potential gift uses.

Lockepick

Heh, was Ixrixs apparently between the gift to new players and the boost to older players? Not sure if she's the only character that seemed to not get either boost...
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I sort forgot mention it to you lockepick :P. Which one you would had prefered?

TheGlyphstone

All you young whippersnappers, getting Quasi-Deity status handed out with your introductory packets and complimentary toothbrushes. Why, back in my day... ;D

Kunoichi

Quote from: lockepick on April 10, 2016, 07:19:30 PM
Heh, was Ixrixs apparently between the gift to new players and the boost to older players? Not sure if she's the only character that seemed to not get either boost...
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on April 11, 2016, 12:40:00 AM
Well, I sort forgot mention it to you lockepick :P. Which one you would had prefered?

To be more specific, you can start out with a powerful companion, a major artifact, divine rank 0, or can be one level higher than the starting point.

Jefepato

Oh my, I don't remember hearing about this earlier.  I think I need to go look up exactly what benefits come with DR 0 (though I seem to recall it's a pretty sweet deal).

(Sorry I've been busy, my half-completed character has been sitting in Dropbox for a while now.  :-\)

Keelan

Woo! I can finally work on this character!  Though now I'm trying to decide my two original ideas and a few more.  ZAER! I'd like to hear if you  have a favorite, others too of course...

'The Last Bastion of Eilistraee', a Rogue-Like/Full-Caster combination, likely based on Drow and run off Charisma for magic, possibly leading to Assassin as well if we're given leniency on the whole 'must be evil' thing. Her schtick would also be relying upon the fact that Eilistraee is presumed dead, with her either attempting to bring her back, or having pulled the whole 'Reincarnation of' schtick represented by starting with Deity Level 0

'Queen of the Valkyries', a ToB Fighter/Complimentary Full-Magic whom would be the most powerful of the Valkyries (obviously that's the base race). She's all about honor and combat, and is currently my least developed idea...

'Mother of the Warforged', an unknown combination but focused on Leadership as she is the 'mother' of the Warforged race, the first - and last - with a true soul and immortality. She would never raise a hand to one of her children, and has something of a vendetta against Humans who stole her babies from her and corrupted them, and she might get the extra level so that she can 'build' some of her equipment into an army. Based on the picture, if I can give her an ACTUAL firearm, I will >.>

'Daughter of Gruumsh', a Monk/Something that will be using quite a lot of Leadership. Idea would be of course the daughter of Gruumsh and a Lycanthrope (also likely Saint template, modified for LE). Would revolve around as having as LITTLE equipment as possible; she is her own strength, and she plans to one day kill her father and organize the Orks into a REAL society instead of the jumbled clusterfuck that has yet to truly become powerful.

Zaer Darkwail

My preference are in this order; Gruumsh daugther (most interesting idea, I recommend taking totemist from magic of incarnum as mystic class as it contemplates monk class very strongly and favors chars who go without gear), Mother of the Warforged (most original and appears fun to be build, may allow leniency for firearms weapon as weapon made as legendary item of hers), Queen of Valkyries (one cooler ideas even if least developed, there is valkyrie outsider race in ToB which gives solid base race for such) and least is The Last Bastion of Eilistrae (I assume she comes from 5th dnd edition world where Eilistrae had died along with Vhaeraun; sort in that world divine spark of Eilistrae escaped destined destruction and moved on you and turned you something greater than norm).

Keelan

Only issue with Totemist is that... well... I've never even READ MoI... so... yeah >.>

TheGlyphstone

It's not as complicated as it looks (though it's still complicated). The book is organized absolutely awfully, but if you want to be as item-independent as possible, it's definitely a good idea to consider. I can help you pick through options if you decide to go that way, since my 'caster' track was also Totemist.

Zaer Darkwail

It's not that complicated and indeed TheGlyphstone can PM and talk to you how build the totemist side (as he uses it on his own legendary monster). Incarnum is very potent for gearless builds, more so those who use only unarmed attacks as totemist can beef them up a lot. I am sure with google you can find PDF for MoI somewhere to download.

Keelan

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, well good time to pick it up and read :). Seriously, totemist is best combo for a monk which uses no gear.

Keelan

...just thought of an idea actually: does Blackguard have any housrules, like Paladin? A Monk(with Sexy Kung Fu)/Blackguard would be impressive on the AC/Saves... as would Swordsage/Blackguard as Sexy Kung Fu would apply there too... would just need a magic class that would let me geet Blackguard and isn't Paladin (yeah,  no way did the daughter of Gruumsh start as a Paladin : P)

Zaer Darkwail

No specific house rules for blackguards. Although have thought to add to them if char was paladin before entering blackguard (either as fallen good paladin or as evil paladin), their auras continue grow. But instead dark blessing would apply charisma bonus to all saves and swordsage with sexy kung-fu variant (or monk) would get Cha to AC also.

Keelan

Thinking about it... I think I like the Mother of Warforged; I think I can work with it better, and it's a less complicated build overall.

Especially since I found the base race: The Kolyarut, from MM1, p159. Has EXACTLY 13HD, with no LA...

...it however isn't a LIVING construct, and the Soulfused Construct template is +1LA... but only applies to MINDLESS constructs...

...so can we instead tweak the Creature to make it a 'living' construct instead, then I can pick up a +1LA if I so choose elsewhere (if it's allowed; naturally I'd be taking the free extra level to pull this off)? Or can we just let me apply Soulfused to it?  Or can I make one that doesn't include Essentia?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Kolyarut has no living construct type but it has int score. I can allow the soulfused construct template if you establish in background story how your char lost all inteligence (curse, powerful magic or considered as 'failure' coming out from forge which lacked mental stats and was thrown to trash bile). Your Int would be 3, but paragon would add +15 to it so settle for Int 18 (which is probably lowest amongst legendary monsters but you are genius level human in inteligence). Also another a more interesting approach for your idea could be that you originally were effigy creature (check effigy master from complete arcana). Effigy template can be applied to any corporeal aberration, animal, dragon, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, or vermin.

So, base creature you start with could be 'human effigy' creature (or elf, changeling or other humanoid or monstrous humanoid as note you can freely change your appearance despite what base race you use). Also it creates interesting background story that someone actually created you (build you) and you were mindless construct doll in use by your master.....until you gained soul via soulfused construct template. It would fit for your background story even more so that you seek liberate constructs from slavery and you view creation and abuse of warforge in great disdain (as warforge are basically created based on you; a first construct who got a soul and became a living creature). Ofc this way you miss all cool spell-alikes from Kolyarut, but you got then lots levels which to fill with templates.