Ultimate Wish Fulfillment! (Experimental, looking for anyone)

Started by Beorning, September 06, 2016, 08:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Hello there, Elliquiy!  ;D

Here's another RP idea from me... and okay, this *is* going to be a bit weird. Bear with me, please...

Basically, many of my RP ideas are ways for me to explore specific questions and, too, fantasies. I often find myself asking various questions, like: what would it be like to be married to an ultra-traditional woman? What would it be like, if the Victorian Age never ended? What would it be like, if women dressed like the space stewardesses from 2001: Space Odyssey? What would it be like, if the world was conquered by a mind-controlling villain? And so on...

Many of my RPs are attempts at exploring these questions... but, sometimes, it's just damn hard to build reasonable stories around them. For instance, how do you actually get a liberal man to marry an ultra-traditional woman? Sometimes, I feel like some of these ideas could be justified only with a handwave of "a genie did it"...

And so, I decided that it might be interesting to actually run with this kind of explanation  ;D Not to bother with sensible explanations and explore some of the situations I find intriguing literally on the rationale that a genie made them come real.

Here's how that would work:

My character is a guy who has all these peculiar questions and fantasies. He keeps thinking about them... and then, one day, surprise! A genie (or a reality-warping mutant... or a super-evolved cosmic entity... you get the idea) approaches him and makes his wishes come true. Suddenly, the guy finds himself in these situations he wanted to explore! Crazy!

What I'd need for this story, is a writing partner (of course). The writing partner's role would be to play the various NPCs my character meets while exploring this or that situation the genie conjures - as well as help guide the plot and throw some surprises my way :) Yes, not all of the "wishes" need to turn out exactly the way my guy wants to - for instance, even the conservative fantasy wife could have some secrets... So, if you ever read some RP idea of mine and thought "This is stupid and would never work that way" - here's your chance at giving me a Gibbs' slap by the way of narration :D

So... anyone interested in a RP like that? If so, please PM me! :)