Seeking GM/Players for anime-esque, smutty PF/D&D 5 (slutty male cast sought)

Started by Lunar Raven, March 20, 2016, 05:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunar Raven

Good grief, no sleep whatsoever!  That said, I'm all for group & exhibition, though a slower teasing start might give time to work through all the tropes and play the trap cards for all its worth.

For myself, I love playing a straight character who sees a pretty girl, but quickly realises there's no female present, resists a bit (maybe a bit taken back), breaks down under frustration, convinces himself it was all a mistake, several more 'mistakes' ensue, before starting to accept his new pervy life.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Sain

Nothing has to happen even if they share a bed  ;D but sure I'm all for milking the trap/futa cards for longer. The struggles of traplife are fun to draw out.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Knarfy

I like the idea of the party starting in a crappy shack (or just a one person dorm room) with one bed. I think that could be hilarious. Also, excursions into the modern world should definitely happen. "Hi mom, dad. These are my room-mates from school." *Parents stare wide-eyed at the group of obviously inhuman femmboys, begin worrying about what their son is up to. Their worst fears are closer to the truth than they know.*

While the 'Capricious Sidhe' isn't necessarily my favorite trope, I think it actually works pretty well for this, so thumbs up there. I like the idea that the academy  was more relevant in the past than it is now. However, I think there should still be *some* kind of greater purpose for it beyond just prestige. Perhaps the Courts are so distant because they are looking outward, either defending the first world from invaders, or invading other worlds. More likely, they recruit the greatest champions into some kind of grand game that spans the cosmos, competing against the other great powers of the multiverse.

At the very least, the First World sounds chaotic and wild enough that there's probably plenty of random monsters and the like, and maybe the occasional incursion from other planes of existence.

In relation to races, tribes, clans and populations and all that, here are my thoughts. Due to the chaotic nature of both the realm and the cultures, perhaps it's difficult for cohesive groups of more than a few hundred individuals to form and hold together. There are a few hundred different races/sub-races in the First World, with some only having a few hundred members, and others having several thousand. However, the more prolific the race, the more fragmented it will be.

Technically, 'tribe' refers to an entire race (or at least sub-race when multiple sub-races exist) however, in practice, it's used to refer to a group that is made up of the entirety of a single race. (barring loners and outcasts of course). Tribes are generally made up of either extremely large and powerful but rare peoples (Minotaurs) or of weaker and inconsequential ones (our Olympians perhaps). So, since the Olympians/aasimars are few in number, and all live in one group (more or less), they would be considered a tribe. Conversely, Minotaurs might be mostly solitary, but they tend not to hold any other allegiances, so if they had to claim one, they would say they were part of the Minotaur tribe.

More prolific races instead organize into multiple clans, usually distinguished by geographic location or extended familial ties. For example, there might be 2000 mountain dwarves in the world, and while they organize into groups, the groups themselves have no broader cohesion. So you might have 'The Gonder Mountain Dwarves' and the 'Black Crag Dwarves' ect. Alternatively, you might have smaller groups that all trace their heritage back to a specific progenitor. So there could be several different herds of 10-20 centaurs that wander around, all of whom share a common legendary ancestor, who might consider themselves a single clan.

Finally, the most powerful and wealthy families, regardless of race, become polities in and of themselves. These groups are actually the most cosmopolitan, since their retainers are drawn from many different races. Many are likely descended from some individual who ascended to one of the Courts, and many families probably pretend to have some allegiance or connection to the Winter or Summer court, though this usually turns out to be more of a detriment than a benefit. (The Noble Fae are more likely to punish a family for being a disgrace than reward them for loyalty)

Also, I like the seed boost. I think that will work pretty well. One question though: how will that interact with ability score increases? Will it still cap at 20, or does the magic of the hero seed break through?

Another thing, when coming up with character background: Since presumably only the best are sent to the academy, we probably all come from pretty pathetic tribes or clans, or there's some other reason why the sad excuses for champions that we are were selected, since with those starting stats we would be beat out by even the most barely above average individual.
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Sain

Hmm maybe the eldest creatures have some great plan with the academy as their newest attempt to reproduce? Could be they're of some really ancient monster/human progenitor and just trying to find specimen strong enough to sustain awakening of progenitor gene or something similar. Our warlock could be a candidate. Doesn't have to happen to him in the end, but them keeping an eye on him a potential first eldest to be born in millenias could provide nice extra twist. We could probably tie this to the Mage Seed legend pretty easy.

I won't comment much on your race/tribal writeup, just noting that sounds like an alright premise to me.

Aasimar I think could be pretty much spartan warrior race with a lot of divine casters among them, so not necessarily weak (at least not when in great numbers). My chara would not have been deemed worthy of their usual warrior rites or failed them and was sent to the academy due to his prestigious connections (rich & powerful parents) among a few other Olympians (to make sure nobody thinks he is an average Olympian). He would be there because Olympians just don't want him at home but need to give him a proper education due to his status. Being from weak tribes could probably work too, but you could roll with anything plausible in my opinion.

Lunar Raven

Certainly there's lots of room to develop these ideas, though perhaps we can work from the angle of making the academy and exposition/foreshadow a bit of the world through our characters?  We can set up a separate world-building thread to toss ideas around that we can use - a lot of the ideas we bring up of life and social structure in the academy would allow us to get an idea of the workings of the world outside.

Quote from: KnarfyOne question though: how will that interact with ability score increases? Will it still cap at 20, or does the magic of the hero seed break through?
Being of the heroic boost type, I'm thinking it would go above the 20s.

Quote from: KnarfySince presumably only the best are sent to the academy, we probably all come from pretty pathetic tribes or clans, or there's some other reason why the sad excuses for champions that we are were selected, since with those starting stats we would be beat out by even the most barely above average individual.
The basic idea was that they were present to fulfill the letter of the law rather than on personal merit.  It's fairly obvious that the academy would rather not have them, but just kicking them out would just attract the kind of attention from the Elder Fae that they'd rather not deal with.

Quote from: SainAasimar I think could be pretty much spartan warrior race with a lot of divine casters among them, so not necessarily weak (at least not when in great numbers). My chara would not have been deemed worthy of their usual warrior rites or failed them and was sent to the academy due to his prestigious connections (rich & powerful parents) among a few other Olympians (to make sure nobody thinks he is an average Olympian). He would be there because Olympians just don't want him at home but need to give him a proper education due to his status. Being from weak tribes could probably work too, but you could roll with anything plausible in my opinion.
Looking at that gave me a classic cliche - there were plenty of better candidates (in fact, they might have been pretty renown for producing heroic individuals), but alas, one clumsy accident brought the whole lot down (perhaps caused by YC ::)), unable to recover for several years and he was all that was left.

Alternatively, YC isn't liked for whatever reason, so much in fact, they were ready to do anything to see him off.  Imagination reconstructs the scene: stern faced academy assessors watching with stone faced incredulity as macho warrior after muscle-bound beefcake trips up, falls with exaggerated pain, and generally embarrasses themselves by faking humiliating defeat to even the most enfeebled motions of YC; the Olympian chieftain nods his head and crosses arms: "You asked for our greatest; I proudly present him - take him and rejoice!"  The entire squad (including previously 'crippled' and 'mortally wounded') suddenly up and leave with great haste, waving adieu with a perfumed hankie.

Quote from: SainHmm maybe the eldest creatures have some great plan with the academy as their newest attempt to reproduce? Could be they're of some really ancient monster/human progenitor and just trying to find specimen strong enough to sustain awakening of progenitor gene or something similar. Our warlock could be a candidate. Doesn't have to happen to him in the end, but them keeping an eye on him a potential first eldest to be born in millenias could provide nice extra twist. We could probably tie this to the Mage Seed legend pretty easy.
Interesting concept.  I hadn't really thought about the eventual long term in too great detail, though I figured eventually, after so much contact, they'd all eventually gain permanent share of the power; or perhaps even had a secret destiny of sorts to fulfill that purposely made them so mediocre to begin with.

Idea & Request Thread

Sain

Quote from: Lunar Raven on March 24, 2016, 03:38:32 PM
Looking at that gave me a classic cliche - there were plenty of better candidates (in fact, they might have been pretty renown for producing heroic individuals), but alas, one clumsy accident brought the whole lot down (perhaps caused by YC ::)), unable to recover for several years and he was all that was left.

Alternatively, YC isn't liked for whatever reason, so much in fact, they were ready to do anything to see him off.  Imagination reconstructs the scene: stern faced academy assessors watching with stone faced incredulity as macho warrior after muscle-bound beefcake trips up, falls with exaggerated pain, and generally embarrasses themselves by faking humiliating defeat to even the most enfeebled motions of YC; the Olympian chieftain nods his head and crosses arms: "You asked for our greatest; I proudly present him - take him and rejoice!"  The entire squad (including previously 'crippled' and 'mortally wounded') suddenly up and leave with great haste, waving adieu with a perfumed hankie.

Still giggling at these. I think we'll go with something like this ;D

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Knarfy on March 24, 2016, 02:37:21 PMWhile the 'Capricious Sidhe' isn't necessarily my favorite trope, I think it actually works pretty well for this, so thumbs up there. I like the idea that the academy  was more relevant in the past than it is now. However, I think there should still be *some* kind of greater purpose for it beyond just prestige. Perhaps the Courts are so distant because they are looking outward, either defending the first world from invaders, or invading other worlds. More likely, they recruit the greatest champions into some kind of grand game that spans the cosmos, competing against the other great powers of the multiverse.
With regards to that, here's an alternate kind of idea:

Caernaven is one of many similar academies, each of which have the patronage of one or several of the Court Fae.  The academies are built atop Genus Loci (living spiritual landmasses), which are mobile and continually move around the Fae lands.  Each academy bears the responsibility of producing great champions who end up fighting against champions of rival academies.  Winners receive the chance to join the Fae court as special Fae Knights who fight for the Court whilst the academies that produce them are granted special energy sources that extends the lifespan of the Genus Loci and otherwise serves academy in a beneficial sort of way - an academy that continues to fail faces extinction.

The Courts of Summer and Winter are generally preoccupied with keeping out the influences of the gods, demons, devils, and other disruptive powers that could threaten the chaotic wilds of the lands (which gives them the majority of their power); enemies which may into play at later stages of the story.

Quote from: Sain on March 24, 2016, 03:55:54 PMStill giggling at these. I think we'll go with something like this ;D
Reasons I love anime/manga for this occasional kind of silliness and suspension of disbelief.  That last image with the purposeful fail and the hankie courtesy of Ranma 1/2

Idea & Request Thread

Knarfy

I like the idea of the Courts aloofness being due to their focus on external affairs. I think we can leave the details of that for later.

QuoteCaernaven is one of many similar academies, each of which have the patronage of one or several of the Court Fae.  The academies are built atop Genus Loci (living spiritual landmasses), which are mobile and continually move around the Fae lands.  Each academy bears the responsibility of producing great champions who end up fighting against champions of rival academies.  Winners receive the chance to join the Fae court as special Fae Knights who fight for the Court whilst the academies that produce them are granted special energy sources that extends the lifespan of the Genus Loci and otherwise serves academy in a beneficial sort of way - an academy that continues to fail faces extinction.

Yeeessss. I like this. It sets up a purpose for the academies to exist, drama within and between the academies... Very yes. Also, with there being multiple academies, that means more students. It makes it easier to make admission more like real universities. While admission used to be based entirely on merit (or perhaps political connections or wealth), something has happened that's caused the Courts to want to increase enrollment, so they've been giving out scholarship vouchers or something. Most of them are given to powerful tribes and clans to distribute as they see fit, but others might be issued out via other methods.
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

Lunar Raven

In this note, I'll just make a roll call and see how many players are still here for the game and the character they're putting forward.

Idea & Request Thread

Sain

I still plan on bringing my Aasimar trap. On the off chance that we've lost Anteros, you could make thread in the actual groups seeking players for seeking one more.

I like the Genus Loci concept too. The main school we focus on could be classic floating island, but maybe some might be more exotic. Big turtle islands, floating giant trees etc.

Anteros

I'm still aboard! I was just a bit distracted, sorry!

I'll go with the Tiefling bard idea.

So, if I got things right, it will be a 5e game, our characters start with low abilities, and train to become champions and eventually Fae knights in a living, ambulatory academy in a parallel fairy land.

Question: If Gods and Demons are kept at bay, where would Tieflings and Aasimars come from? Extradimensional incursions, otherwordly energy seeping in, something else?
ONS & OFFS: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=14923.0

I stand with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against the North Dakota Access Pipeline https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengli...0139732127536/
Please sign the petition: https://t.co/42VMYy7WzA

Lunar Raven

Welcome back Anteros.

Things such as that are being left a little ambiguous, though tieflings are/could be descendants of people who in the very distant past had associations with fiends and have probably formed their own tribe/clan.  It's been long enough that they've gained general acceptance into mainstream Fae society.

On the other hand, you could just reskin them to be some other type of redskinned humanoid descended from strange powers, such ifreet or salamanders.  Won't be too strict on the exactitude of the rules and there's always room for leeway ;)

Idea & Request Thread

Sain

Nice, we have Anteros :-)!

Okay I'll have Olympias be descendants of Titans and some other fey races. Once upon a time one titan happened to be on the mountain Olympos and came across a tribe of attractive small fey. Their descendants live at the foot of a great mountain, wear next to nothing to display their chiseled muscles in the theme of 300. Racial armor would consist of helmet, cape and a short skirt.

I'm thinking their speech pattern would be kinda funny like Thor's in the recent marvel movies. Would make my trap more glorious when the girly guy goes around acting all mighty and ends up only portraying himself as a bit of a cheeky little tomboy. He will engage in any opportunity to pull on the bunny ears or tiefling tail to display his dominance (with 8 strength) and just end up exhausted and panting after only moments of struggle.

e. Maybe we should move to OOC and worldbuilding threads now that things are moving along?

Lunar Raven

Okay, made an OOC page for this game.  All relevant chatter/discussion can be moved there. :-)

Idea & Request Thread