The Evergrowing List of Fun Roleplay Ideas (MUL)

Started by Tanglefoot, January 12, 2009, 09:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanglefoot

Ok so instead of sending out a bunch of post when I get ideas I thought I would build a post that I just update when I need to. Please look at my ons and offs to get a feel for what I like. I am going to post story ideas and go from there.

I tend to get busy so I may not be able to roleplay everyday. At first I was really worried about this and I turned some people down. I just didn't want to have someone waiting for the next post. What I have discovered is that this group is rare in that people seem to be chill about pacing. Please send me a pm if any of these stories seem cool or if you just want to try roleplaying with me. I would ask that people don't flake out on me but what flake admits from the start that they are going to be a flake. Just try not to waste my time please.

List of roleplays to follow...
We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes...

Tanglefoot

Settings that I love or I think I might want to try....

Steampunk
: I love this style. If you have read any Girl Genius you might get the vibe I am looking for. I like games set in big urban cities with air ships and clockwork robots. I like the setting to have grit and grime but also have that mad scientist vibe.

Surreal Shadow Worlds: I love the idea of exploring other realms of reality that are on top of ours. If you have read Neverwhere or Un Lun Dun you have the general idea. There are lots of different variations one can do with this. It can be a ghost realm, a shadow realm or even a fae realm. I just really like the idea of exploring a different version of our modern reality.

Alternate Reality: Kind of like the shadow worlds I like to do modern day settings that take place if alternate realities. I am a big fan of the question "What If". Stuff I have been thinking of lately is worlds where the Roman Empire never fell or thinking of a modern day America that was dominated by the natives.

Worlds of Ruin: I love thinking about what the end of the world might look like. I also like thinking about what survial does to people. I am a fan of many different type of settings with in this. I am currently running two games with zombies running wild but I would also love to do something inspired by Fallout.

Nobilis: I can't even really begin to describe this world. It is based of the coolest roleplaying game ever and you play regular people turned into near gods. You are in charge of a certain aspect of reality and its great fun. Mostly if there are other Nobilis fans who want to play a game that is a little kinky....well I would love to. I would even run a group game.

Dreamlands: I am currently running one game that takes place partly in the world of dreams. I am really into the surreal and I think I could do a lot more with this setting. The players could be lucid dreamers who spend time in both the waking and dreaming world. Or they could play creatures made of dreams. (Like right now I am playing a nightmare type creature that can walk in the waking world.)

Inner Earth:
Based on the roleplaying game this setting takes place in a hidden world under ours. It is pulp adventures where dames and adventures explore a world filled with monsters and wonder. It takes place in the 40s....has sort of a Indiana Jones before he rode in a fridge.

more to come...its getting late for me.
We are all strangers in a strange land, longing for home, but not quite knowing what or where home is. We glimpse it sometimes in our dreams, or as we turn a corner, and suddenly there is a strange, sweet familiarity that vanishes almost as soon as it comes...

Tanglefoot

Here are some basic story ideas to apply to the settings. I am pretty easy going so if you want to try the story in a setting you really dig or want to try a different kind of story in one of the settings I have mentioned then by all means send me a message.

Fallen Angel~Demon: I like the idea of either the fallen angel abducting the demon or the demon corupting the angel. Either way I really like the idea of celestial beings having a power exchange influenced romance. I also would love to throw in some drama in the way of either side not being happy about the pairing.

Father~Daughter: I tend to lean towards an abusive father or at least a strict father figure. I would like to either have a daughter character that has been raised in the fathers slightly warped household and has stayed as a young adult. Or a young adult forced into living under the fathers roof.

Kidnapper~Victim: I have a dark side and this would be a chance for me to play out that side. I would be up for something very raw or maybe even throw in some romance developing with the characters.

Dom~Sub: I would love to work into any elements of consensual power exchange into any of those settings. I mean I like the rough stuff that is non con but it would just be cool to explore a D/s relationship in an interesting setting.

Adventure Couple: I don't need there to be a lot of kink involved. Sometimes its fun just to play too characters falling in love with each other while having great adventures.

again more to come...but its late. PM me if interested.

playfullchick76

Im very much into alternate realities. I followed the tv series sliders, the movie the one, and the alternate universe in star trek deep space 9. I would love to play one out with you, perhaps where one of us crosses over, but what world, the possibilies are endless.

One where the axis powers won ww2, or the south won the civil war, where the roman empire never fell, the one would be interesting. Harry turtledoves books are so good for that genre.

Let me know if your interested.

magnamos

I would be very greatfull if that could be open to more than one person. I would also like to have an RP with a lot of Diesel Punk involved and a fictional world where the plans of World Domination almost succeeded. I'm also willing to create the setting if you're interested.

Voichin

Magnamos, count me as interested in your idea. Only one question - whose plans of world domination? Some theocracy, some mad militaristic  dictator?...
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

Tanglefoot

playfullchick76

im still interested in an alternate reality one, what ones take your fancy or make you ask questions.

Random

I'm interested in both the fallen angel/demon pairing, and the kidnapper/victim pairing. I have a large fetish about playing the victim, and would adore a good roleplay along those lines. Also, I like the idea of playing an angel being corrupted by a ruthless yet handsome demon. Let me know if you'd like to develop either (or both?) of these with me.

Surrender

i would be interested in the kidnapper/victim or the father/daughter. i like the idea of an abusive father, but would be willing to play it out however :]

Tanglefoot

I would love to do a father daughter story..How dark would you like it to be,,,,what would you like the focus to be? Lets build ourselves a lovely twisted roleplay together.

Clio

I'd be interested in the Demon/Angel or Kidnapper/Victim or Dom/Sub.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

lipslikemorphine

I'm definatly interested in the fallen angel/demon aspect. We can even put that into the whole alternate reality idea. I've been rping for a while, and was on darker but now that it collapsed I'm here, so please I'd love to rp. I'd prefer to be the angel, I have a few ideas if you'd like to discuss over PMs.

Valerian

You must be approved to participate in any adult games.  Please post an introduction thread and fill out the questionnaire here.  Unapproved members cannot receive PMs, either, so you need to start there.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

lipslikemorphine

Thanks, sorry about that. I filled out the questionaire and all. Thanks.