Exquisite Agony (A Charles Dickens Story? Madness? Genius? Or just sad..Both?)

Started by VioletsForRoses, September 03, 2014, 02:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VioletsForRoses

So I very recently watched the latest version of Great Expectations (available on Netflix...) and I found myself entirely enthralled with Helena Bonham Carter's performance as Miss Havisham. (Stay with me here) What I have in mind is something a bit warped and twisted, that borders upon the romantic and sadistic - and I hope I can find someone to join me down this sordid, bizarre path.

I'd like to alter the timeline, so to speak - in fact, we might break it entirely - but this doesn't mean that someone might not go up in flames in the end....

So in the midst of Miss Havisham's desperation and building insanity, someone comes to her - a man...but a man who is not entirely human. He promises her revenge and all that she desires - even love(To quote Jareth from the Labyrinth "I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave")

Now we can play this multiple ways - that this "man" is truly there and is capable of what he says - or that he is simply a figment of Havisham's dwindling sanity, and that any onlookers only see her condition worsening...Or, perhaps a bit of both? I know this is a very skeletal concept, but I'm overflowing with ideas. Like I said, I'd like to play this dashing stranger - so if someone is willing to play Helena's version of Havisham, or someone in similar circumstances, I'd be very grateful.

VioletsForRoses

Edited with a bit more detail to hopefully attract an interested party.