Murder on the Elliquiy Express (IC Thread) [Day 3]

Started by Kip, March 25, 2010, 08:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

After a few moments of letting the thought of a death on the train sink in, Saffron thinks back to her friend who had experienced this before. "Not another murder train...." she whispered to herself, praying that it had been an accident. "To be safe, the staff is right... someone should be removed." She thought it over for a moment, looking at the list of those who were close to LadySky the night before. "I believe that Spell may have had something to do with this, though I am entirely unsure, as I spent the evening in the Lounge."
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Ryven

"Eden, before you go getting too hasty, I would like to point out that Kyrsa wasn't even in the carriage LadySky was in last night.  Surely, someone would have heard the rumbling and loud noises of the train if the murderer changed cars.  No, I think whoever did this was nearby to her.  That is why I vote for Valerian."  He said while sipping his morning tea.

Cardwolf

Card moved shakely next to Ryven and sat down.  He shook as he ordered some liquor to calm his nevers and looked at him.  "I will second that notion to remove Valerian from the train."

Nadir

Eden blinks and hastily drinks some tea to hide a brush before saying, "Very true, old bean. Yes, you're deductive skills are Holmesian indeed. My own are a little... rusty. I'm more of a hunter's spaniel than a bloodhound. Yes, I retract my vote and throw one down for... mmmmn, Spell. Apologies, Kyrsa. I was overeager. A failing of mine. Have some tea."

Kye

One shock was quickly followed by another, leaving Kyrsa speechless as she half stumbled across the car and sat down, staring at Kip as if she didn't quite believe what he had said.  "How?  I mean... did no one hear anything at all?" she asked, still obviously a bit out of it. 

Taking the tea, the cup shaking slightly in her hands as she nodded her forgiveness towards Eden.  "We have all had a shock Eden, apology accepted of course.  I don't have any idea who it could have been... perhaps Mitholmwen? Though I hesitate to blame someone without any proof."

Kip

Current Voting :
Spell - 4 votes : Saffron, Eden, Valerian, ScorpioQueen
Valerian - 4 votes : Ryven, Cardwolf, sinera, Spell
Mitholmwen - 2 votes : Kyrsa, Remiel
Pixilicious - 1 vote : Izu
Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Esoteric Myobi
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Marguerite
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Trieste

Yet to Vote : Aiden, Beguile's Mistress, Caeli, Esoteric Myobi, Imogen, Marguerite, Mithlomwen, Pixilicious, Trieste

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Valerian

Val turned deathly pale, realizing only now how close she'd been to a murder.  "I heard some commotion in the night, but I had no idea anyone's life was in danger.  And I was so glad to have the chance to take this trip!  I wish now that I'd never stepped aboard."

She looked around at her fellow passengers, paying special attention to those she'd found herself sharing a car with last night.    "Perhaps Spell is to blame?  Though it's terrible to think that anyone here could have done such a thing."  She shivered faintly, wrapping her arms around herself as though chilled.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Cardwolf

Card looked up from his drink and walked over to Kyrsa, he put his hand on her back and looked down at her.  "Hey...are you gonna be ok?" Card asked softly and stroked her back careful despite the fact he only met her the other day.

Remiel

Remiel, too, turned sombre and serious when it was revealed that poor Ladysky would never achieve her dream.  Her stroke of luck, it seemed, had been in fact been a curse.  How cruel, that such promise should end in tragedy.

After checking to make sure that the lady Imogen was safe and sound, he took his breakfast in silence.  Could history have repeated itself? Was there even now a murderer on board, driven mad by the ghosts that haunted the train?

One thing was for sure: as Ladysky had slept in carriage B, the murderer had to be one of four: Mithlomwen, Pixilicious, Valerian, or Spell.  As there was no way of knowing who was the culprit, Remiel had to hope that whomever the passengers chose to debark would be the correct one.

"Mithlomwen, can you account for your actions last night?" he accosted her.

ScorpioQueen

As ScorpioQueen took a sip of her coffee, she stared at Kip with a horrified look on her face. "I can't believe there was a murder! Poor poor Ladysky, she was such a sweet person with many passionate dreams." She thought about who had been close to her the last evening and whom shared the same carriage as her Mithlomwen, pixilicious, Valerian or Spell. "I wouldn't think any of these nice people could be capable of such a thing, that is just too terrible of a thing to even commit, what could have been the cause to the poor girl?! If we must have someone leave, I believe Spell should disembark at the next stop."

In shock ScorpioQueen continues to sip her coffee trying not to spill from the shaking of fear. She looks around the room at the other scarred passangers wondering if we have picked the right person and if there will be another act of murder.
I'm your queen, you will obey me! Now tie me up and spank me!

sinera

Sinera paused in the door as the news was announced, her hand at her mouth, her face pale. Why was LadySky targeted? Could it be that the killer had something against the woman because she was a prize-winner, not a paying guest? If so, her own life may be in danger!

She sank into the nearest chair, groping for the arm and sinking into it.

"I.. I don't know who could have done this," she said hoarsely. "I don't know any of you well enough to know who it could be... but Cardwolf was the first to befriend me here..." She looks at him with pleading eyes, begging him to be correct. "I shall vote as he has, to leave Valerian at the next stop... and God willing, the killings may stop...."

She closes her eyes, thankful the accused were only being left behind, not killed...
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Izu

The moment he had gotten his carriage's key he had left the other guests, having a raging headache. He fell asleep right away as he was with his clothes on, sleeping through most of the noises of the night. He woke up when he heard people hurrying up and down the small hallways of the carriage, talking about someone having been killed. He quickly jumped out of the bed and poked his head out, seeing some of the train staff, hurrying towards the restaurant. He followed them quietly, walking in the restaurant just on time to hear Kip breaking the news of LadySky being dead. Who was that? He shrugged lightly as he moved to the table, taking a toasted bread and nibbling on it, listening to people calling names of people they wanted off the train. "Er... I guess I should vote too, huh?" He chuckled quietly as he chewed on the toast, shrugging lightly. "Well... er... Pixilicious..." He said, voting for the one person whose name he remembered after Scorpio's words.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Spell

Spell looks around, just realizing what had happened., confused by all the accusations, he did not even make a motion towards LadySky at all, and is just as shocked as all the others. Having a rather peaceful night before, he finds that the mornings and evenings to come would be grimmer, much to his dismay. He thinks Valerian had something to do with it, as she had been at least interacting with LadySky more then he did.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi had been one of the last if not the last to board the train. Walking briskly to the platform, her rather clumsy driver hurrying behind with bags in tow, the svelte woman managed to step through the doors a few minutes before they closed. The driver, a gangly lad, scrambled out awkwardly after handing her bags over to the Elliquiy Express staff.

The train itself seemed rather ordinary on the outside, a deceptive cover as the interior was a sight to behold. Lavish furnishings fit for only the best were all that met the eye, all high scale as it was to be expected from a five star review. It seemed that the rest of the passengers had already arrived as soon after the doors slid closed behind her and a telltale rumble as everything shifted ever so slightly. The lounge car seemed to be bustling with activity while the staff set up each passenger's rooms. Tired and not feeling at her most sociable she had decided to retire for the evening upon receiving the lovely little box containing her room key.

The news of the morning was shocking to say the least and she merely blinked as suspicions were quickly raised as everyone began to wonder who amongst them was the murderer. Having not had the chance to mingle the day before, she sat quietly in the back and observed for the moment, biding her time before voicing her opinion as well.

It seemed that most were leaning towards Valerian or Spell, though the woman was busily expressing her own fear at the situation (whether it be real or not) while the man just sat silently and calmly. That act of nonchalance caused her to suspect him first, but then as an afterthought she decided on Valerian. If she herself had been the murderer she would have probably tried to blend in with the rest by expressing her fear, sorrow, and concern as well....very much like she was doing right now.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Pixilicious

Pixilicious came out of her suite, looking at all the commotion.  She gasped once she realized what had happened.  Turning to the one who had accused her, she spoke, her voice soft, but holding conviction.  "How dare you accuse me of this?  I have been sitting out here all night conversing with Mr. Cardwolf and Kyrsa...Perhaps you should point fingers at the real person here...Which I have a strange suspicion is Mithlowmen!
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class

Beguile's Mistress

At Kip's announcement the cup of coffee Beguile had been lifting from it's saucer fell from her hand and a large brown stain began to spread across the pristine table cloth.  With a hand to her breast Beguile stared in shock around the car as two waiters hurried to clear the mess in front of her, replacing the stained cover and resetting the table.  She was looking for someone, anyone, to tell her this was a joke.

How could it be that the woman she had been speaking to only the night before had been killed?  They had spent a quiet evening over drinks and dinner, Beguile plying LadySky with questions about her amazing family, the two of them laughing over the antics of the little nieces and nephews.  Beguile had left LadySky at the door to her compartment with a pleasant good night and a touching of hands before heading down the length of the train to the last car and her own compartment.  This is such a tragedy she thought and wondered at how the news was going to affect LadySky's family and her poor mother.

Soon, the blaming began.  Someone, one of the passengers on this elegant train, was suspected of murdering the unfortunate young woman.  Taking a closer look at the passengers congregated for breakfast, Beguile recalled the young man who had left immediately after receiving his carved box the night before.

"Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I believe it must have been Spell who committed this terrible crime."  Beguile's voice shook and she leaned back in her chair, closing her eyes and hoping this would all just go away.

Spell

Spell sat alone at a table, what was he to do with accusations being thrown his way? Indeed, he was sleeping in the same wagon as the unfortunate victim, and seeing his earlier behavior of leaving the party so soon the past night, he could understand why people were blaming him for the murder. If he had to leave the train, then he wouldn't really have any choice, perhaps the comfort of leaving would make him feel a little safer, but another part of him wanted to stay on the train as well, something he had wished to do for a very long times, as he had heavily enjoed the view from his suite the past night. Spell merely sighed, looking outside the window again, waiting how this would turn out.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Imogen

Imogen had slept like a baby that night. The dull rattle and gentle rocking of the Express had lulled her into sleep and she was greeted upon awakening with hte same peaceful sound, already a familiar companion. She was thinking of breakfast, tea and Remiel, not quite in that order when word came of LadySky's death and her thoughts flew back to the ghost story that had seemed so charming last night. She remembered laughing and reminding Remiel that Britain had its fair share of haunted houses.

It wasn't all that funny now.

Poor LadySky, she had been much too young to die. She had seemed so lively last night, so happy. It was almost impossible to imagine that happiness wiped away overnight. She remarked something in the same vein to Remiel when he came calling, and she was glad to reassure him as to her wellbeing.

"I still can't believe it." Imogen said when she took a seat across Remiel. Absently she buttered a slice of toast and looked over to where the other passengers were seated. "Kip said she's been murdered, that poor woman... Who do you think capable of something that foul?" She leaned a little closer and nodded towards Spell. "That one looks suspicious. I heard he was there, last night."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

As tragic as the news of Ladysky had been, Remiel found himself vastly relieved to discover that Imogen, at least, was hale and healthy.  She was a singularly charming and fascinating woman, and he found himself instinctively driven to protect her.  Unfortunately, if there really was a sociopath among the passengers, there would probably be very little he could do.   

Folding a napkin over his lap, holding his knife and fork in hand, he mused over Imogen's logic.  "He does seem like he is hiding something, doesn't he?" he agreed.  "You have a point.  Very well, I shall change my vote to Spell."

Cutting into his boiled egg, he sighed, and stole a glance at the young lady across from him.  He fervently hoped that all this ghastly business would be sorted out soon--privately, he determined that he would accompany her to the Schloss Schonbrunn, if at all possible.

Mithlomwen

(( Sorry everyone, the game got started at the same time the RL got busy so I'm just now getting caught up))

Mithlomwen had kept to herself mostly during the first night, silently watching the goings on and the mingling taking place.  So it came as quite a shock to her when the morning came and Lady Sky...who just so happened to be sharing the cabin with her, was found dead!  That could have been her! 

She shuddered at the thought, and grimaced slightly when Remiel accosted her, bracing her hands on the man's chest as he shook her.  "It wasn't me!  I swear it!"  She grunted softly, growing weak with relief when he finally let her go and changed his vote.  She tugged at the sleeves of her shirt, trying to put them to rights  after the rough handling of her fellow passenger. 

Not knowing who the culprit might be, she nodded in agreement with Imogen and Remiel.  "I agree, Spell does seem as if he might be hiding something.   Therefore I shall place my vote with you in that regards." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Cardwolf

Cardwolf stood up and attempted to gain everyones attention by striking a glass with a spoon making a loud ding.  "Call me a hypocrit for this, but we are all going about this the wrong way!  We are pointing fingers without any real questioning, surely Spell has a side to the story he wishes to tell as does Valerian and Mitholwmen!  Lets take a moment and be rational here, there were 5 people in that room last night and we have four possible murderers.  Out of all of them who here would have any reason to kill Ladysky?

He walked over to his drink and took it into his hands and drank slowly.  "We have to think this all clearly or else we could end up all dead....So lets think about it for a while?  Who here knew anything about Ladysky...I didn't talk to her so I have no idea who she was or any of her background, but surely someone must have."  He set the glass back down with a clink as his hands shook and he sat back down gripping the sides of his seat so it wouldn't be noticable.  "If I may suggest lets have a little interrogation of the members before the stop and maybe change our votes around hmm?"

Remiel

"It could also have been Pixilicious," Remiel pointed out, in response to Cardwolf's appeal.

Cardwolf

"Forgive me...I'm a bit fluster and forgot for a moment...I'm sure we all are.  What we all thought was going to be a relaxing vacation has suddenly turned into a nightmare huh?"

Marguerite

Marguerite rubbed her eyes to make sure she heard and saw what was going on. Last night and the morning was wonderful and now to find out there was a murder on the train was a shock. Even more to see what was the consensus on who should leave in order to save the rest of the clan. "Alright, I am confused beyond anything. Who are the people that have the votes?"

[Since people are bolding more than one person, it confuses myself and I think others in who is being picked]
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Pixilicious

Quote from: Remiel on March 28, 2010, 02:35:49 PM
"It could also have been Pixilicious," Remiel pointed out, in response to Cardwolf's appeal.

*points up to her response to Izu*  I have an alibi...Two actually...I was talking to Kyrsa and Cardwolf.. *smiles sweetly*  I wasn't me, dear.
Be a girl with a mind.  A woman with attitude. A lady with class