News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Person Of Interest: Is There Any?

Started by Caradoc, May 27, 2016, 08:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inks

Thank you for your patience, Valerian!

Your cue will be coming shortly. Just need to get Kelly and Savi all situated~
                           As of 4/9/2018: Extremely Selective of New Games

Callie Del Noire

I'm thinking at some point Kelly is going to demand a face to face meeting.

johnnyboyboy

Name: Percy Zane
Aliases:  None
Sex: Male
Hair: Short Brown
Eyes: Brown
----
Legal Status: Officially never charged but rumored to have switched insurance information for patients without it to allow them surgery.
Point of Origin: Lawrence, Kansas
Current Location: Los Angeles, California.
Family: Harold Layton (Father) Siobhan Layton (Mother)

Class: Surgeon
Associations: The Hospital he works at (UCAL Medical Center) Some Low level police forces as he usually had to stitch up criminals or people they brought in.

Advantages: Has Medical background, Knows weak-points+vulnerable points of the human body. Wealthy (Inherited money + Working as a high paid surgeon allowed him to have an expensive lifestyle)
Disadvantages: Relocated (He is currently under scrutiny from the higher ups in the hospital for switching insurance between patients, while they are not getting rid of him entirely he was placed as an EMT to get him out the way.)

Background:

Percy's childhood was largely uneventful, with his father traveling aboard for work it was his mother who would mostly raise him and care for him, Percy enjoyed a privileged life being tutored in a private school, during the years he was not the most popular student among the school, he was often seen as a know it all or teachers pet, His fellow classmates would often prank him. After he had finished he took a year off from education to travel. He visited many places in both America and Europe.

When he Came back he then applied and attended Stanford as his mother drilled into him that he was destined for great things and he had to work hard to achieve them, Always striving to do his best he graduated at the near top of his class and with a degree in his hand. He went on to Medical school spending the years learning everything he would need to know, learning the basics of being a doctor then gradually a surgeon. He was about a year into his official duties when he started to realize not everyone was as fortunate as him in regards to medicare, Few people could afford the surgery and if they could it often was a huge hit to the finances without insurance.

Enlisting the help of a good friend of his who was also a doctor and another who was a nurse he started to edit patients insurance papers so it looked like they had it. This went on for six months or so before he was found out by the Chief of staff who while understood the effort to help decided to offer him a deal if he also gave up who helped him, Percy Declined telling him it was all his idea and he was the only one who was responsible, As a result he was demoted and while not officially fired or sued as they believed that the legal system would see Percy as some almost robin hood like figure attempting to help, relocated him to the EMT section of the hospital he now works.

While he does not make as much and arguably helps less people he is still happy with it nonetheless and believes he is still helping.

Okay, i think i'm about done!
Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

Caradoc

Thanks johnny. I may have a use for medical type for the first real adventure, so when you have a background I will probably send a PM to you. Thanks for posting.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Callie Del Noire

Synecdoche: (latest ep) HOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY SSSSHIIIT.

Carry on.

Callie Del Noire

Inks

Sorry! The weekend caught up to me. I'll be working on replies tonight and tomorrow to get us back on track and moving.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inks on June 12, 2016, 08:48:50 PM
Sorry! The weekend caught up to me. I'll be working on replies tonight and tomorrow to get us back on track and moving.

actually I thought I'd had Kelly come off as too much of a heavy

Callie Del Noire

Big Question: Good tracking/tailing skills vs good disguise skills.. Who wins?

Left the thrashed computer Baggie out as a compromise

Caradoc

I'd argue tracking/trailing, usually. There's a psychological aspect to tracking.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Callie Del Noire

So essentially she would have to sneak in back to not be spotted?

Caradoc

I will leave that to you and Inks to work out. I'm not part of that scene and don't want to leap into it. ;)

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Callie Del Noire

Saw this article today..and thought our resident hacker might have fun with these.. Module cell phones..

http://www.cnet.com/news/project-ara-everything-we-know-about-googles-modular-phone/

I mean she could make a phone that is current and with a GPS you could manually deactivate.

Inks

In general, tracking will usually win over for exactly the reason Doc pointed out: pure pscyhology.

You get into someone's head and no matter how good they are at disappearing, you'll eventually find them. We all have tells, habits that can be trained out of you but at some point...something makes you tick and you're easier to catch up to because of it.

Caradoc

and a moment of silence, please, for the final episode of a truly amazing series.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Callie Del Noire

Inks

I apologize at present for Savi's sass and tech snobbiness.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inks on June 26, 2016, 11:39:00 AM
I apologize at present for Savi's sass and tech snobbiness.

No.. Not at all. She (Savi) knows how to fox a GPS phone. Kelly doesn't. Billy did.. So she went old-tech. The Nokia model she has DOESN'T have a gps. Problem is.. Being that old..the battery is shot. Trade off. She's offering to put it on a solar cell so you can contact her.

Have a friend who keeps one for just that reason.. (Of course he buys batteries by the lot groups of 20 to use it.. But he also points out he never texts in traffic or anything else stupid)

Additional note: The phone do not work MOST places. It works on base (NAS JAX where he works) and most blocks around his house.

Inks

Honestly, if I could get a nokia with solid texting, I might solely for how often I drop my phone.

My next reply is gonna wait for Doc so that we/Savi can get the beginnings of their first case to send to Kelly, just an FYI. From there, I think we're getting to the point where we can start bringing all of our patient observers~

Callie Del Noire

The pickle crunch was s trick to see if anyone reacted where she was looking

Would anyone react?

Callie Del Noire

Sorry about the delay, the thread was flagged as red in my bookmarks for some reason

Caradoc

There's a thread for background scenes now. Please check with Inks or me before starting one there.   Corrected thread location.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=251923.0

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Callie Del Noire

Groovy.. :D.

Flashbacks go here? Or can we add them into scenes still?

Caradoc

Wholly your choice. If they fit in the scene, do them there. I added it for depth for new stories, like the one with Alex and Cordero.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Callie Del Noire

I wouldn't mind doing a few Billy/Kelly scenes but Billy doesn't always want to play.. Comes from the character knowing he's going to die I guess.

No one told Nathan he was going to die.. So he was awesome