Serenity RPG campaign

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, February 20, 2008, 12:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Looking to start up a game in the 'verse' of the 'Serenity RPG game. 

It will follow the exploits of a Firefly class cargo ship.    I am looking for five individuals with myself to join in this campaign.  I will start out the first scenario / story arc.   However, like a book with chapters.  I am looking for others that will contribute and take turns in pushing a story arc in the game.  A cooperative storytelling venture. 

Some basic need to know information;

Starting level is 'greenhorn'   

Only one character can have these assets. (not meaning both of them.) 'Reader', 'register companion'.

Restrictions, the ship and crew live on the edge.  So this precludes no operatives, or lawmen of any type.  So restricted is the asset 'Wears a badge'.  This does not mean you cannot be a veteran from the alliance as well as the independent forces from the war of unification. 

Available slots open;   Their our three slots open right now, still needed is a Captain/pilot,  Doctor/medic,  and a socialite.   Filled already are the ship's mechanic, one of the mercenary's with skill in planet vehicle driving.  An the third is yet to be determined. 

LordAnubis

Got to love a game where the Prostitues are more reputable and respected then law enforcement agents. *chuckles*

Someone go for broke, make a Companion reader with friends in high and low places.  Most connected person in the Galaxy.

Dragoondawg25

*scratches chin and hmmms a little bit*very interesting, must do more reading on the subject matter at hand.
Heterosexual Switch: Humor DLC included
My Discord: Dragoondawg2582
Ons & Offs

Garreth

The Firefly verse hmm? Always a very stimulating environment.

I'd be interested, assuming this is a freeform game, in the role of either the captain, or the medic.
Judge one's character not from the options he's given, but from the choice he makes from them.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Garreth on February 20, 2008, 03:27:17 AM
The Firefly verse hmm? Always a very stimulating environment.

I'd be interested, assuming this is a freeform game, in the role of either the captain, or the medic.

The game is in a system.  Using the Serenity RPG game system published by Marget Weis productions.  The rules and mechanics of the game are nice and easy to use and still comprehensive enough.   If interested still I have it in pdf file. 

An both the captain and medic are open.   

Max

Hm, tempting, tempting....  Not really sure I would want to be the Captain, but maybe the medic, or Companion if that is open. 
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

RubySlippers

I LOVE FIREFLY! Lets see I would be willing to go for Companion (I loved Inara maybe one of the new Companions from a Border Companion Training Temple). If that is filled a doctor might fit but think border trained so is likely rough and tumble, carries a gun and has some medical knowledge akin to a ship's doctor in the Age of Sail. Be afraid if you get really hurt....  ;)  (lets see where are my leeches that will clean out the infection, maybe, its all I have on hand)

If I did do a Reader she would likely be gifted at it, not nuts but rather normal, save she earns a living perhaps as a negotiator for hire using her talents to gain the advantage so she might be on the ship as that role. Kind of like a Commercial Telepath in Babylon 5 without the knowing she has certain talents being public.  ;)

Rayve13

I loved the show, and was always curious about the game. If you could direct me at the pdf, I'd be happy to give it a whirl in some capacity.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Max on February 20, 2008, 09:38:31 AM
Hm, tempting, tempting....  Not really sure I would want to be the Captain, but maybe the medic, or Companion if that is open. 
Quote from: RubySlippers on February 20, 2008, 01:02:47 PM
I LOVE FIREFLY! Lets see I would be willing to go for Companion (I loved Inara maybe one of the new Companions from a Border Companion Training Temple). If that is filled a doctor might fit but think border trained so is likely rough and tumble, carries a gun and has some medical knowledge akin to a ship's doctor in the Age of Sail. Be afraid if you get really hurt....  ;)  (lets see where are my leeches that will clean out the infection, maybe, its all I have on hand)

If I did do a Reader she would likely be gifted at it, not nuts but rather normal, save she earns a living perhaps as a negotiator for hire using her talents to gain the advantage so she might be on the ship as that role. Kind of like a Commercial Telepath in Babylon 5 without the knowing she has certain talents being public.  ;)

Well all three are open, regarding captain, the doctor and a companion.  I will leave that up to you two, Max and Rubyslippers to decide who wants what to play.   

Quote from: Rayve13 on February 20, 2008, 01:24:47 PM
I loved the show, and was always curious about the game. If you could direct me at the pdf, I'd be happy to give it a whirl in some capacity.

I sent you a private message hun. 

RubySlippers

Companion, the eldest daughter of Niska (yep THAT Niska) that was sent at his expense and pulling lots of strings to the Compaion Training School on whichever border planet that one was Inara ended up teaching at after she left the ship. She will though be respectful, law-abiding and well pleasant to be around with some odd skills like criminal ones she picked up when young. Should lead to some fun role-playing he may be a sadistic thug but he has a code of honor and seems to like his family unless they screw him over.

Max

What time would the game be set in?  Am not trying to sabotage your idea Ruby, but if the game is set along the same time frame, Inara wouldn't be there to be teaching you.  From what I gather, there is an eight month seperation between the end of the series of the movie.  Of course, it is very likely the Training House was there before Inara showed up. 

Guess I will play the medic, unless no one else really wants to run the Captain.  Just wondering, how mixed a group will this be?  Ex-Alliance, ex-Browncoats?  Mercs like Jayne, with little or no preference with either side.

Ons and offs:

RubySlippers

No I said its the school she taught at not TEACHING at, the school was easily likely to be opened after the war was over and the Guild was moving to increase its power. I just noted that was the likely school she was trained at since they had a short training program compared to the central planets.

She will be neutral its likely daddy kept the view whichever side made him money at the time go for it. lol  My character likely will be pro-Alliance after all being a Companion they are good for her and the mores stable things are the better things are for her in principle. Not that the Browncoats were not noble and put up a justified effort they just lost.

Elven Sex Goddess

Nice concept with using the daughter angle of Niska from Ezra,  It will help generate alot of material to work with.  Especially since the alliance is trying to figure out how to place a new governor on the planet with Niska, Ruby.

Max a medic be good if that is what you want to play. 

Rayve13

I got the pdf (thanks for the link  :) )

I'll try to read it tonight, and get something worked up. I guess the Captain's position is the open one. A bit daunting for a first character in a system, but I'm willing to give it a go.

RubySlippers

Need the pdf to I loved the series and movie but don't have the rules.

Dragoondawg25

guess that leaves me as the pilot lol hmmm ill have to really read over the pdf a little and form an idea but i think pilot will suit me best
Heterosexual Switch: Humor DLC included
My Discord: Dragoondawg2582
Ons & Offs

LordAnubis

So you know Max, the ship has an infirmery stocked with Emergancy medical supplies.

I'm your Ships Mechanic and Asherah let me build the ship.

Welcome to the Crew of Destiny's Breath.

Rayve13

Who's the owner of the ship? I'm working out concept details, and just want to know if I'm serving as a freelance Captain (since we have someone else wanting a separate pilot's position), or if I'm some kind of financial backer or something.

Update: I'm currently working under the concept of being a hired captain. Let me know if that's horribly off, and I'll adjust accordingly.

Garreth

I think I'll withdraw myself from this game then. I like the serenity universe, but I'm not really into system roleplay. Besides, it seems there are plenty of other volunteers ready and willing to take my place.
Judge one's character not from the options he's given, but from the choice he makes from them.

RubySlippers

Ok I have basic everyday dial-up for my internet and can't download the pdf it would literally take hours to get it all done if my poor computer doesn't blow up.

Anyone know of a short cheat sheet version of character creation on html I could just read somewhere on-line or a easy to download character creator?

Max

This was a quick primer I did when I tried to run a game using the Serenity rules.  Hope it can help you.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5338.0

Ons and offs:

RubySlippers

(runs up and kisses Max)

Now that is what I wanted. I did play before at a convention just needed the character creation rules.

LordAnubis

Worth noting that as a green horn you get 42 points to spend on attributes and assets and 62 points for skills.  Since the link you gave was for a big damn hero.

LordAnubis

OH, anyone intending on making a character who will be getting in fire fights or brawls.  Take the asset Fighting type.  it is a major asset and costs 4 points, but it gives you a free dodge roll, instead of it being only a 7 to hit you that it normally is.

Elven Sex Goddess

Also to elaborate on the greenhorn starting credits is 750 not the 3000 for a big dam hero.