Young Justice [Reboot]-recruitment thread

Started by apygoos, February 07, 2013, 09:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

well all that in mind, if no one really has any other problem, shes pretty much good to go.
Is Bats really a part of her cannon backstory? i haven't seen any mention of Bats in it. Bats doesn't seem like the type to quickly jump onto that "train". Thats my only remaining issue, being a batman fan at least. perhaps another league member would mesh just as well onto it?

CurvyKitten

I pulled that power straight off the site as it was written...so I guess it is. Granted she probably would try all the typical vampire stuff, fog, wolf, bat, never saw rats though. All the stuff people see in movies, as her sire changed her and left. (also part of her story that can be played with.)

I can so see her trying the first time and looking like she was going to bust a blood vessel. LOL :P

apygoos

i mean Batman, not the power**

**Batman is not a power, but a state of divinity**

Vladimir valentine

I'm assumin sunlight isn't a problem for her, right? Because that would make her more complicated to play with. Other than that I think she's fine.

CurvyKitten

She was half alien to begin with her meta human side helped combat that. Or so the wiki says. Unlike most vampires Looker is a Daywalker, hence most vampire afflictions against sunlight, holy symbols, and other such typical limitations don't affect her.

And that means she is an alien vampire...I've seen that movie. LOLZ

apygoos

making sure, everyone's gotten the OOC bookmarked/notified right?

AribethAmkiir

I know its late, but vampires and superheroes really don't mesh.  Every time the two genres cross it's been a pretty big fiasco, in my opinion.  Honestly, it seems like every time a character has been turned into a vampire was an attempt to make the character more appealing, or simply to sell books.

A more important question though is if we have a character who is a vampire on the team then how big a part are vampires going to be to the story?  If vampires aren't going to be a part of the story then having a vampire on the team just convolutes and muddies the story for no real reason.  If vampires are going to show up eventually, then having a vampire on the team can be a good plot vehicle.

It really shouldn't matter if vampirism makes the character too powerful, it should have to do with whether vampirism belongs in the "Young Justice" story apygoos wants to tell. 

It could fit.  Instead of fighting aliens we could fight vampires and monsters.  Of course, to me that'd be more of a Hellboy story and less Young Justice.

MaiMizzu

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on February 10, 2013, 06:58:29 PM
Instead of fighting aliens we could fight vampires and monsters.  Of course, to me that'd be more of a Hellboy story and less Young Justice.

Can't we do both? lol
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

BlackestKnight

The more I think about it, a vampire subplot wouldn't be so bad if it was handled properly. No one said we have to follow the shows script religiously. Besides, we couldn't follow the show 100% even if we wanted to without making significant omissions to canon . We should come up with something original since our cast reflects that. My two cents. Anyway, has everyone given some  consideration as to who they want their arch enemies to be?

MaiMizzu

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Arlyn

This does seem interesting to me, so I think I'll apply!  I'm just drawing a bit of a blank when it comes to any sorta costume for the character, however, so if anyone's got a good place that'd have plenty of pics to choose from, I'd really appreciate it.  I'm planning for an original character rather than a canon one, since I'm not all that knowledgeable about too many comic book characters (just general stuff, mostly, but I can find more info from online sources as needed).  I should have a character sheet up tonight, I think, so long as I can find a pic for his appearance.

SciFiSpectacle

I have interest in this RP, but I'm a bit new to Elliquiy, so I'm not exactly sure how to go about creating the character, but I'll give it a shot!

Player: SciFiSpectacle
Name: Nina White
Codename: Blood X
Height: 5ft 5in
Weight: 130lbs
Appearance:
Nina has very short black hair, about an inch long on the top but shorter on the sides and back. Her hair is black, typically spiked up, and is a drastic contrast to her perfectly white skin. Her eyes generally are a deep, burning red, but sometimes they are a cold black. She is athletically built, but has a strong feminine physique despite her masculine haircut.
Powers: Nina is a vampire, so she has the strengths and weaknesses of vampires. For starters, she is immortal, so long as she continues to drink blood or isn't slain. She has superhuman strength, easily as strong as ten men. With superhuman speed, she can dodge bullets and move faster than the normal eye can see. An incredible acrobat, she can jump buildings in a single bound, climb walls, ceilings, and contort her body into fantastic positions. She also possesses incredible senses, as well as an amazing healing factor and hypnotic abilities.
Skills: Decades of practice and training have contributed Nina's skill as a martial artist. Able to take on almost any foe in hand to hand combat, her inhuman reflexes, strength, and healing factor lead to her usual victory. Contributing to her martial skill, is her years as a dancer and acrobat. Incredibly flexible, with an inhuman sense of balance and control over her body, she boasts the ability to run on water. Years within the vampire hierarchy have granted her exceptional communication skills, as well as a bit of knowledge in hacking, programming, politics, and street smarts.
Equipment: Her typical hero outfit consists of a full body suit of armor, capable of stopping most piercing and blunt attacks. She carries a utility belt with an array of simple gadgets and utility items, varying from smoke pullets to flash pellets and small radius electronic jammers. On both thighs she carries a modified semi-automatic pistol, typically loaded with plastic bullets, however her belt does have standard, explosive, incendiary, and GPS tracker rounds, all of the 9mm variety. She has a grappling hook with gas powered grapple gun, a ninjato sword, four throwing daggers, and two timed explosive charges. On her head, to cover her eyes, she wears an advanced goggle mechanism that protects her from UV light, as well as allows her to zoom in, lock onto targets, and has an advanced scanning technology comparable to Iron Mans hud.
Weaknesses: As a vampire, however, she requires blood and constantly thirsts for it. She cannot be exposed to direct ultraviolet-light, or else become extremely burned and ultimately die. She is highly allergic to silver and garlic, and piercing her heart or brain will kill her.
Backstory: Nina, an adventurous young woman, was happy with her life, a husband and a kid at home. She was a dancer, married to a highly successful violin player in Moscow, Russia. She was 22 years old when she was turned, a dark turn in her life that ended her once serene and happy existence.

At home in her bedroom, her husband out at another one of his late night parties, Nina sat waiting for him to come home. She worried about him greatly, but was relieved when a light tapping on her window got her attention. Thinking it was her husband, she stood with a smile, and gripped her midsection to hold her nightgown. Crossing the room, she felt it was odd for him to come in through the window, but he was probably drunk. "Nina..." a voice said from outside the window. "Abram..." she said with an annoyed tone, and opened the window. A gust of wind through them open once the latch was released, and she stumbled back in tired surprise. The dim light of the moon filled her room, but her husband was nowhere to be seen. Confused, she was about to turn around when an impossibly strong hand grabbed her around the middle and pulled her lithe form back. She was about to scream out, when a cold hand covered her mouth. "Be silent my pet..." whispered an English voice, right before a pair of fangs sunk into her neck.

That night, her body changed and contorted, but luckily her husband didn't come home. Nina didn't know what to do with herself, and struggled to resist the urge to kill her daughter, to feast upon her blood. Her first day turned was the worst. When evening had come again, she drove her new fangs into her daughters 2 year old throat and drank her dry. Her husband came home, drunk and dirty. She killed him as well, unable to control her thirst for blood.

Time passed, and she had been picked up by a major House. Nina has lived with the House of White for over a century, training and learning the ways of the vampires. With the new Superhero team assembling, she as well as high ranking members thought it would be wise to increase their popularity among the young heroes. Thus, she is trying to join to hopefully strengthen human and vampire ties.

How's that? xD

SciFiSpectacle

Shit really? Someone else is joining as female vampire? xD

Re Z L

While you have the Justice part down, SciFi, you seem to be lacking in the Young department  ;D

Part of the premise of the game is that the members are pretty inexperienced heroes and they're still learning.  So I don't think a 133 year old vampire would fit terribly well in that regard  :-)

If you dialed that part back then I'd say you're probably just fine, maybe work something out with Curvy to tie your backstories together (sisters, friends, etc.).

PS.  Apygoos:  I'll probably be changing to a different character.  I haven't heard back from Etah dna Evol about if he wants to take my place yet, but I've been thinking about an OC character which I think should work well with the group.   ;D
A&A

apygoos

well ill keep you on Blue Beetle until you submit a new character sheet for review.

Nightwing and Aqualad have the oldest ages [i think] as they're the "team leaders"

Re Z L

Fair enough  ;D

I'll probably have it put together tomorrow sometime
A&A

SciFiSpectacle

Player: SciFiSpectacle
Name: Daniel Davis
Codename: Durable Dude (DeeDee)
Height: 5ft 6in
Weight: 126lbs
Appearance: Average height, with dirty blonde hair and green eyes, Daniel Davis isn't a very flamboyant hero. Preferring to wear cargo pants and a wife beater to spandex, he keeps his identity hidden by wearing a titanium mask on his face resembling The Man in the Iron Mask.

Powers: Density Control: DeeDee is able to increase and decrease his mass from close to 12.5 kilotons, to as light as air in an instant. Durability Control: DeeDee is capable of increasing his durability to near diamond hardness. This also grants him, doubled with density control, an incredible level of superhuman strength. With these powers, he is able to leap from building to building, punch through concrete, and survive almost any attack.
Skills: DeeDee is a pretty average teenager. He likes to play the guitar and sing, and is quite good at it. He grew up wrestling greco-roman, folk-style, and free-style in tournaments up until the age of 15. In high school, he decided to take judo and a mixed martial arts class, and is still learning today!
Equipment: He doesn't carry much on him, only the clothes on his back, a communication link in his ear, a cellphone in his back pocket, his mask, and titanium brass knuckles he ordered off of Amazon. He can't afford anything else, what with paying for his martial arts classes and education.
Weaknesses: Besides being young and inexperienced, DeeDee feels all the pain done unto him. Granted, his durability control makes it very difficult to physically damage him, he still feels all the pain from attacks. Whether it is walking through fire, getting shot in the face, kicked in the groin... It wouldn't necessarily kill him, but it will hurt. He struggles with putting aside the pain, despite knowing it won't actually damage him, his nerves still tell his brain he is hurting and being hurt.
Backstory: DeeDee's father was an Olympic wrestler back in his time, but suffered a fractured spine in an unrelated accident. His father retired, married, and raised a son. DeeDee was in wrestling classes almost as early as he could walk. This led to tensions in the family, and the inevitable divorce between his parents at the age of six. DeeDee stayed with his father while his mother went away, to where, he does not know. His father works at a titanium factory, and knows of his sons superpowers. DeeDee is a mutant, being that he discovered his powers going through puberty. His father is well aware of his gifts, as well as his hero work, and has promised his son that he won't tell anyone so long as DeeDee does well in school. DeeDee looks to become a member of this new superhero team, in hopes of learning more and saving people! Oh, and for the thrills.

How about this one?

Mr Self Destruct

I don't suppose there's an opening for Superboy in this story, is there?

Arlyn

Player: Arlyn
Name: Mihara Isao
Codename: (Undecided)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145lbs
Appearance: A light tan, somewhat brown/red-colored hair kept cut short.  Has a long scar on his back, drawing downward in a diagonal direction from his left sholder to his right side as a result of a whip laced with acid that ate away at the flesh there, forcing his body to heal only after the dead flesh and the acid had been flushed off.  It is of a lighter color than the rest of his body.  He's slim, more for running or swimming than weight lifting, and his build reflects such training.  His eyes are blue, though in certain lighting they can appear green- an odd thing that has been mentioned more than a few times throughout his life.

(I have the damnedest time finding something that isn't anime-based.  Any help would be appreciated in this regard, but for now, he'll do.)[/spoiler]

Powers: Moderate Regeneration (can regenerate a limb within a week kinda-strength).  Gasses and poisons can take up to three times as long to affect him as normal, and he is rarely sick unless it is a very serious illness or disease.

Photographic memory, though he requires several seconds to look at something in order to memorize over a long period of time.  A glance is enough to give a detailed record within twelve hours, with deteriorating recollection afterward.

Heightened reflexes- due to where his brain had been struck by a bullet, the regeneration of that part of his mind also activated those neurons as well, granting him quicker reflexes that have been tested at around three times faster than the average human.

Skills: Currently a black belt in Karate and learning Aikido (basically a purple belt, if one were to rank him).  A smattering of Judo knowledge from when he was a child before he focused on Karate rounts out his hand-to-hand combat capabilities, though is not quite everything. 

A few years of being on the baseball team gave him quite the swing (perhaps not much of a skill, but it has been useful at times).  Along with his tendency to run, bike, swim, or jog, this has also helped provide him a decent quickness on his feet.

Thanks to his mother, he can read and speak Japanese as fluently as he can do the same in English. 

Equipment: Typically carries with him a baseball bat when he's out and about- he has a small selection at home to choose from, whether they be metal or wood in construction.  Other than that, he has a fair amount of equipment to help him in his attempts to be a hero, though most have to do with trapping or ensnaring others.  Other than the bat, his main offensive weapons include throwing weapons (typically bolas and caltrops, things that are easy to carry and don't take much space in pockets).  As he's just starting out, he doesn't exactly have access to stuff that the more veteran heroes do (not even close).

Weaknesses: The human condition.  As a human, he's got pretty much all the standard weaknesses that comes with being human, minus that which his regeneration can handle.  However, he must actually be able to breathe in order to regenerate, and corrosive acids negate his ability to heal.  In order for his photographic memory to work right, he has to be able to look at something for about 5-8 seconds, uninterrupted.

Backstory: The typical young man.  Had good grades (other than math, though he was hardly failing those classes), managed to keep up with his homework, had a part-time job... and then disaster struck.  Some thugs that were escaping from superheroes decided to barge into the day care center he was employed at and took the kids, and the caretakers, hostage in an effort to keep themselves from being caught.  Eventually, the heroes that were involved managed to get into the day care and smuggle most of the children out.  But the leader of the thugs caught onto what was happening and before he could be stopped, proceeded to shoot at one of the few remaining kids.

What happened next, as far as Isao knew, was that he woke up in the hospital, with a throbbing headache, roughly forty-eight hours later.  According to the witnesses, he had grabbed the kid and tucked him down just in time, and the bullet that had been fired had gone into his head before the superhero that had seen it could stop it from happening.  Isao fell, the thugs were dealt with, and he was rushed to the hospital.

It wasn't until the bullet that had been lodged in his brain was removed, though how exactly that had been managed wasn't told to him, that his body started to heal quickly.  The wound itself sealed up within hours, and the damage to his brain, well, within 48 hours, which led to his being awake afterward.  Tests upon tests were spent to make certain there was no brain damage, which resulted in the discovery that instead, he had gained far more than they thought he'd lost.  Though his memory before had been good, now it was nearly perfect with his newfound photographic memory, and his reflexes had been enhanced as well.

That was a year ago.  With his better than before reflexes and memory, Isao threw himself through rehab, and into karate and aikido classes.  He became a black belt within the year (after being a brown belt beforehand), and ranked to purple in aikido in the same span of time.  He started creating things to help him out in case things like that happened again, often carrying around a wooden baseball bat on his back.  Eventually, he began scaring off the bullies at school and that led to dealing with younger gangs that had thought to make his neighborhood their turf.  Most of the time, the worst that happened was capturing them with a net for the police to find, or just giving them a rough time 'til they gave up and eventually left his neighborhood alone.  He'd only had to use the baseball bat once, and that was to give himself a breather from the gang that had been trying to wear him down through attrition.

apygoos

alright, so a couple more OCs and a  Superboy, awesome. Kinda happy that I'm starting to need to think about IC thread set up a couple days sooner than i thought ^_^

Jmorty33

Superboy would kick ass! Plus, that pic reminds of when my buddy wears his Superboy shirt.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

BlackestKnight

Wow, a lot of activity since I left. This gon b good. I can't wait until we officially start. Now who would I want to build  my team around and what name will  the team have? Ragnarok? Aegis? Omega? Zeta? Still Undecided on a name. If anyone got a suggestion, l'm open.

Mr Self Destruct

Player: Dark Clown

Name: Connor (Kon-El)

Codename: Superboy

Height: 6 ft

Weight: 150 pds

Appearance: Connor is a solid six feet in height and his form is fit and chiseled.  He is Superman’s clone and it shows in his impressive physique, although he isn’t overly bulky.  His hair is short and black, and his blue eyes are clear and always watching those around him.  He has no facial hair, though now and again he sports a day’s worth of stubble, liking the way it frames his jawline.  He wears a black t-shirt emblazoned with the red S of his icon, Superman, and a pair of blue jeans and leather boots.  He carries with him a leather jacket and a pair of dark sunglasses, too, though he tries not to wear them if he’s expecting trouble.

Powers: Super strength, limited flight, limited invulnerability, x-ray vision, super speed

Skills: Amazon combat training, limited practice with telepathy, some scientific knowledge from his time in Cadmus

Equipment: N/A

Weaknesses: Because of his Kryptonian DNA, he is vulnerable to kryptonite and magic. 

Backstory: Connor was cloned from the DNA of Superman and Lex Luthor.  He was created to be Luthor’s personal superpowered son, and was controlled in Cadmus via telepathic control by various genomes that overwhelmed his thought processes.  During a raid by Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash, he was freed and joined the three heroes to fight his way to freedom.  Once freed, he met with Superman, only to have his hero turn away from him.
He joined the new junior league members to form their own group.  While he’s not actively dating Miss Martian or Wonder Girl, his time with them has helped increase his skill set.  He’s often seen as the impromptu leader on missions, and the pressure of that can cause some anxiety.  When frustrated, his temper shows, and has led him making impulsive decisions in the past.

apygoos

DeeDee, Isao, and Superboy are all approved

Re Z L

Player:  Re Z L

Name:  Mark Lee

Codename:  Misfit

Height:  5'10"

Weight:  185 lbs

Appearance:

Powers:

Sorcery.  As a Homo Magi he is able to channel magical energies in the form of spells.  Basic abilities do not require incantation or other foci in order to cast, he is able to perform them by will alone.  He should, with time, practice and learning, be able to cast other more complicated spells while also growing his innate magical prowess.

Grok - He has the ability to intimately understand the function and working of any technology he comes into physical contact with.  Depending on the complexity of the technology he must remain in contact and concentrate (or "Grok") on it.  During this time he is less aware of his surroundings as his consciousness is truly navigating through the object.  Physical contact can shock him out of the machine but is jarring on his mind and can leave him disoriented.

Teleportation - He can teleport short distances without error, though he has to either see where he is going or have been within the room he wants to teleport into.  He is incapable of bringing other living beings with him.

Elemental.  The elements break down into six major categories:  Chaos, Order, Fire, Air, Water, and Earth.  Five of these elements are innate to his being, making channelling them particularly easy for him.  He is unable to channel the element of Order in any way.  Some suspect that he may be a new Avatar of Chaos, though he has no knowledge of that possibility.

Chaos - Something he refers to as his "non-zero chance", his magical ability to manipulate chaos manifests itself largely as just enhanced luck.  He can consciously concentrate this luck for particular effects, but most are minute (making coins land on their sides, getting extra money from an ATM, etc.).  Passively this makes him very accurate with ranged weapons and gives him the ability to dodge attacks more easily.

Fire - His ability to control elemental fire is limited.  He can create a roughly lighter-sized flame.  Warm his hands (or other parts of his body) enough to inflict first to second degree burns on others.  Shield himself from the heat of flames no larger or intense than a bonfire.

Air - Elemental air grants him the ability to manipulate things from afar, blowing out candles, knocking papers off of a desk, etc.  Eddies of wind can be created to shield him from slower moving projectiles (arrows or thrown weapons), or the density of air can be mildly altered for similar, slowing effects.  Moving air quickly enables him to build up a static charge which he can fire as bolts of electricity.

Water - Elemental water grants him control over the phase of liquids, though he quickly loses control of anything changed into gaseous form (ex. a puddle of water could be evaporated and blown away by his control over air).  Interestingly he can use this ability to heal others by augmenting their natural healing ability, though this can still take time (in the field he would only be able to stabilize wounded people).  Being in contact with water speeds his own healing dramatically.

Earth - While in contact with natural earth (or wood that is connected to the earth) his control of elemental earth grants him increased endurance and stamina to Olympic Athlete levels.  He can take blows that would normally knock out a human of his size and build.  Synthetic materials, to include metal alloys, concrete, asphault and similar substances block his contact with the earth.  This is his least developed ability due to living in the city most of his life.

Skills:

Sleight of Hand

Street Magic

Con Artist

Streetwise

Brawling

Billiards/Snooker

Being Sneaky

Equipment:

Pool Cue

Deck of Cards

Pack of Cigarettes

Weaknesses:

He has no specific weaknesses.  However he is still human and has all normal vulnerabilities associated with being human.

Backstory:  Growing up in London is difficult enough, growing up in foster care after your parents die in a house fire is a little bit harder.  His attitude had never been the greatest and he'd learned quickly how to take advantage of situations and people.  Street magic, as well as a little gambling on the side, got him some extra money from time to time and got him noticed by a passing fellow by the name of John from time to time.  John always seemed to know the ins and outs of the tricks, even the cons he tried to play on him.  They had a bit of rapport, but nothing that he really thought much of.

Meanwhile, on another side of the world, Dr. Fate had been getting premonitions, occluded though they were.  He sensed that a potential agent of chaos was emerging on earth.  Unable to fully divine the source of the disruption he went separately to two who he knew could track down the source:  The Question and Detective Bobo T. Chimpanzee.  The two took the clues that Dr. Fate gave them and decided it best to go their separate ways to persue different courses and compare notes along the way.  It wasn't long until their search brought them to another famous occultist John Constantine.

Constantine didn't seem too surprised by their inquiry and told them that he'd let them know if he found anything.  Constantine had already located the potential student of chaos in a young street magician, but decided to keep that fact to himself.  Instead of revealing him he took Mark under his wing and began to slowly push him in the direction of true magic.  It wasn't long before Detective Chimp realized what Constantine had been hiding and confronted him about it.  Constantine agreed to turn him over to Dr. Fate as long as he could be present with the boy at the time.  Bobo saw no reason not to allow him to tag along and contacted Dr. Fate to arrange the meeting.

Dr. Fate was uncertain with what to do with the boy.  He was dangerous, but still very inexperienced.  Constantine suggested he try to teach him a thing or two, and maybe put him on a team with others like him.  Dr. Fate took his recommendation under consideration and spoke with the other members of the Justice League.  After some deliberation they agreed to place him in the Young Justice program.
A&A