Re: Zombie Apocalypse (Interest check! Still open!)

Started by Usani, June 04, 2013, 09:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

I'm actually going to have to withdraw my interest. Something's come up.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

elfguy

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Nadia Johnson
Sexual Preference: Straight

History: Nadia is a college student, studying to become a lawyer. Not because she loves the law, but because she figures it's her best bet to bring in a lot of money. That's who Nadia is basically. She always goes the easiest route possible to get the best possible outcome. If that means using her body to get what she wants, outsmarting others, or stepping on some toes, she has no trouble doing it. Nadia cares only about herself. She knows that she's beautiful and strong, having always taken good care of her physique, and she's relatively smart, at least enough so to realize what the best path is for her to get what she wants. So when the disease broke out, she didn't stick around, and was certainly not caught helping anyone but herself. She picked up a meat cleaver, and went to town on nearby zombies, quickly leaving the area to save herself. Now, she's looking out for her best chance at surviving this apocalypse.

Having been a student, she has no direct experience with weapons, however she has always been an athletic person, so she can punch her way through zombies and doesn't shy away from using any tool and melee weapon at her disposal. She still carries her meat cleaver, but otherwise travels fairly light, with her ripped jeans, running shoes, and keeping an opened blouse on, showing a white bra. She scavenged and stole supplies and whatever she needed to survive so far.
----

GingerOne

I have been looking for a zombie rp...please say there's room for one more girl....

If you'll have me, I'll put a bio up for my character asap.  Thank you...*wiggles happily*
Sweet as can be, but I bite.
Getting the hang of things again for now. No promises.

Come join our Speakeasy!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=300370.0

My Ons/ Offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=166545.0

Usani

Quote from: gingerscorpion2012 on June 05, 2013, 07:44:44 PM
I have been looking for a zombie rp...please say there's room for one more girl....

If you'll have me, I'll put a bio up for my character asap.  Thank you...*wiggles happily*

Definitely room for more! 

GingerOne

Quote from: Usani on June 05, 2013, 07:46:32 PM
Definitely room for more!

Yay!!  *hugs tightly*

Okay, I'll work on that straight away.  Gimme a little bit.  Thanks

Come join our Speakeasy!

My Ons/ Offs

Jayna

Hey I'd love to join if you got room. I'd play a girl but I can do a guy if guys are needed more! :)

Usani

Let me count and see what we have because I'm thinking of limiting characters to 5 females and 5 males.

Jayna

Quote from: Usani on June 05, 2013, 08:10:32 PM
Let me count and see what we have because I'm thinking of limiting characters to 5 females and 5 males.

Ginger makes six girls, So I can make a man it's okay! :)

GingerOne

Name:Tali Burnham

Sexual Preference: Straight

History: Raised by a loving mother and father who were both in the medical field. She had one sister who died at a very young age from an illness. She had always been a tom-boy and rarely had boyfriends because they always thought she wasn't girly enough, which she didn't care about anyways. She's always been a strong willed person, friendly and caring about others. Sometimes putting others before herself at times.
Tali went to medical school straight out of college and learned a lot. The main thing that she learned was that she didn't want to be in that field. This discovery came when she met her boyfriend at a nightclub. He was a mechanic and a gunsmith, as the relationship with him grew he taught her many things about both vehicles and weapons. This she decided was what she wanted to do, so she quit medical school and took some vo-tech courses in mechanics.

When the apocalypse happened Tali lost her whole family and her boyfriend. She had been at home and busy working on chores around the house, that she lived at with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend came home already bitten. They didn't know what was wrong with him, so she tried to tend his wounds until he passed away. As she was grieving over him and trying to call the unresponsive police dept in her little town, he came reanimated and tried to attack her. She ended up having to kill him again. This experience left her kind of raw in the relationship dept and she decided that she never wanted to lose another person she loved. So, she put up a wall and tries never to let feelings grow for anyone.

Come join our Speakeasy!

My Ons/ Offs

Usani

Quote from: Jayna on June 05, 2013, 09:05:59 PM
Ginger makes six girls, So I can make a man it's okay! :)

That would be great! 

Question Mark

Alright, let's see how this sounds.

The background goes something like this...

The first time you heard the rumors of Yangtze Rabies was two months ago.  It was an otherwise normal evening when you turned on the TV and saw a two minute bit on CNN about a sudden outbreak of disease in the Yangtze river basin in China.  The pathogenesis was rapid and transmitted through fluid contact, resulting in fever, coma, aggressive behavior, and death.  With China's heavy-handed quarantine and official assurances that the infection was contained, the story was downplayed and quickly forgotten in the western mainstream, no more significant than the brief SARS outbreak a decade earlier.

A week later, the social media lit up as a handheld video of a bloodied Asian woman devouring a live chicken went viral.  Suddenly  new videos began appearing every hour: people savagely attacking bystanders, operating rooms covered in blood, tank battalions rolling through downtown Beijing, a view of a valley along the Yangtze covered in a massive firestorm.  Suddenly, "zombie" was the most-searched term on Google.  At first, US and NATO were tight-lipped besides pantomiming concern for China's treatment of the so-called Yangtze rabies.  As videos of similar events in Russia, India, and Japan appeared, public cries of conspiracy and coverup began to rise.  The mainstream media continued to downplay the seriousness of the crisis, claiming many of the videos were doctored or part of a massive hoax.

After an Afghanistan army base went dark the same day a video of Seoul in flames went viral, the US government finally relented and admitted that Yangtze rabies was, in fact, reanimating the dead.  Armed forces around the world were recalled.  Airports were locked down, coastlines constantly patrolled by an unprecedented number of ships.  A military cordone was placed over the east coast.  The last you saw before the cable inexplicably gave out was a declaration of martial law by the president.

In the next two weeks, Boston was encircled by the US military, blocking all ways in and out of the city.  If you had access to the internet, you'd find that similar blockades were forming around New York, Washington, Los Angeles, and other major cities.  It was a quarantine on a massive scale, but it was too little too late.  Travelers from abroad had returned infected and, slowly but surely, began their own outbreaks.  The west coast was the first to burn, as millions of refugees -- many of them infected -- swamped the blockade and engulfed California and Washington.  Miami and New Orleans suffered a similar fate a week later.

At first, Boston seemed secure.  The military, although heavy handed, made sure no infected made it through the checkpoints.  Schools and universities still held classes, the water and electricity stayed on.  Even Logan Airport, with military and supply planes constantly flying in over Boston harbor, was as busy as ever.  Aside from the epidemic of suicides, and the occasional execution of an infected trying to enter the city, local life was pretty much normal.  People worried about their distant loved ones, but Yangtze rabies was almost never spoken of in public.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Ten days ago, a train full of infected blasted through the military cordon and crashed into North Station.  The military reacted quickly, but it was too late.  Many of the infected vanished into the subways, and within days, the downtown was a death trap.  Societal order quickly collapsed as a quarter of a million people tried to flee into the suburbs, only to be trapped by the military blockade.  In the chaos, the order to fire was given, and any road leading out of the city became a bloodbath.  Despite the massacre, the military power was eventually overwhelmed, resulting in the complete breakdown of civilization in Boston.  Utilities stopped working, the internet vanished, and all that remained of communication equipment were hardlines.

Your character will start this game seven days after the fall of the military.  For reasons left to you, she'll find herself trapped in the downtown.  Maybe she went in search of a family member or supplies.  Maybe she was trapped there and unable to escape.  I leave that up to you.

That's the background.  How does it sound?

Usani

I like it a lot Mark thank you for that!  I think this will play out very well and hopefully will be able to start soon I just need I think at least 3 more guys.

Question Mark

@Usani:  Thanks :)  I'm curious though about something.  Since you mentioned this is a story focused game, how set you are on maintaining the gender ratio?  If smut is expected to be rare, it may not be necessary to make sure males and females are 1:1.  If it is flexible, that would allow Jayna to make a female character instead of a male one.  Just a thought.

Also, here's some notes and suggestions for each character.  I usually prefer more in depth character apps, so bear with me.  I'm not being critical, just trying to flesh your characters out :P

Lisa Tarence (Usani)
Since Lisa was directly impacted by the outbreak, she has a couple of options.  She could have lost her family in the eventual outbreak in downtown Boston, or maybe they were killed earlier, and she fled to Boston as a refugee.

A couple of questions to think about...

• What was her profession before the outbreak?  Is what she did still useful now?
  • What kind of experience does Lisa have with violence, intense trauma, firearms, etc.?  In other words, how prepared is she to survive in this new world?
  • How did she survive what her family and fiance could not?  Does she harbor guilt or shame over this?
  • What is her current goal?  Does she have family or friends elsewhere she wants to reach?  Does she have a plan or destination in mind?  Basically, what's keeping her from simply killing herself?
  • What sort of equipment or supplies does she currently possess?

Jameson Smith (CarnageIncarnate)
I'm not really sure what happens in the second half of the bio.  From what I understand, she got caught in military crossfire, but her dad saved her ass before leaving, and gave her an assault pack before he left.  This could work well in the background.  Perhaps they were fleeing Boston during the outbreak and were caught in a massacre.  Her dad saves her, but gets separated, leaving her the supplies.

• Jameson's pretty young.  Was she a student?  Employed?
  • You mention experience with archery, but Jameson's stuck with a hand cannon.  Does she have any experience with firearms?
  • What ever happened to her step-mother?  Does she have any other family or friends?
  • What is her current goal?  Does she have family or friends elsewhere she wants to reach?  Does she have a plan or destination in mind?  Basically, what's keeping her from simply killing herself?
  • What sort of personality does she have?  Is she serious, determined, and brutal?  Or is she scared, vulnerable, and looking for protection?  Something else?

Georgina 'Gigi' Williams (Xanthaine)
I like Gigi: interesting backstory, yet with enough vagueness to leave plenty up to the imagination.  I suppose she was (un)lucky enough to find herself in Boston when everything went tits-up, so that's that settled.  If you want, I'd encourage you to flesh out some of the years she spent drifting, help solidify Gigi's identity.

• Your pic shows her with some gear and a gun; is that canon, or just flavor?
  • Is Gigi concerned with the fate of her family?  Or has it been too long/painful, and she's ready to leave them behind in this new world?
  • Does/did she have any friends or contacts in Boston?  How long has she been in the city, and why?
  • What is her current goal?  Does she want to return to Texas?  Does she have a plan or destination in mind?  Basically, what's keeping her from simply killing herself?
  • What sort of personality does she have?  Is she serious and determined?  Reckless and brutal?  Something else?

I gotta hit the hay.  I'll do the rest of them tomorrow, but be thinking of your character.  Try to develop them, flesh them out, make them unique and belong in the world.  Think about their goals, their reaction to the end of civilization, what they're thinking and what they want.

Usani

Quote from: Question Mark on June 05, 2013, 10:17:05 PM
@Usani:  Thanks :)  I'm curious though about something.  Since you mentioned this is a story focused game, how set you are on maintaining the gender ratio?  If smut is expected to be rare, it may not be necessary to make sure males and females are 1:1.  If it is flexible, that would allow Jayna to make a female character instead of a male one.  Just a thought.

Also, here's some notes and suggestions for each character.  I usually prefer more in depth character apps, so bear with me.  I'm not being critical, just trying to flesh your characters out :P

Lisa Tarence (Usani)
Since Lisa was directly impacted by the outbreak, she has a couple of options.  She could have lost her family in the eventual outbreak in downtown Boston, or maybe they were killed earlier, and she fled to Boston as a refugee.

• What was her profession before the outbreak?  Is what she did still useful now?
  • What kind of experience does Lisa have with violence, intense trauma, firearms, etc.?  In other words, how prepared is she to survive in this new world?
  • How did she survive what her family and fiance could not?  Does she harbor guilt or shame over this?

Jameson Smith (CarnageIncarnate)
I'm not really sure what happens in the second half of the bio.  From what I understand, she got caught in military crossfire, but her dad saved her ass before leaving, and gave her an assault pack before he left.  This could work well in the background.  Perhaps they were fleeing Boston during the outbreak and were caught in a massacre.  Her dad saves her, but gets separated, leaving her the supplies.

• Jameson's pretty young.  Was she a student?  Employed?
  • You mention experience with archery, but Jameson's stuck with a hand cannon.  Does she have any experience with firearms?
  • What ever happened to her step-mother?  Does she have any other family or friends?
  • What sort of personality does she have?  Is she serious, determined, and brutal?  Or is she scared, vulnerable, and looking for protection?  Something else?

Georgina 'Gigi' Williams (Xanthaine)
I like Gigi: interesting backstory, yet with enough vagueness to leave plenty up to the imagination.  I suppose she was (un)lucky enough to find herself in Boston when everything went tits-up, so that's that settled.  If you want, I'd encourage you to flesh out some of the years she spent drifting, help solidify Gigi's identity.

• Your pic shows her with some gear and a gun; is that canon, or just flavor?
  • Is Gigi concerned with the fate of her family?  Or has it been too long/painful, and she's ready to leave them behind in this new world?
  • Does/did she have any friends or contacts in Boston?  How long has she been in the city, and why?
  • What is her current goal?  Does she want to return to Texas?  Does she have a plan or destination in mind?  Basically, what's keeping her from simply killing herself?
  • What sort of personality does she have?  Is she serious and determined?  Reckless and brutal?  Something else?

I gotta hit the hay.  I'll do the rest of them tomorrow, but be thinking of your character.  Try to develop them, flesh them out, make them unique and belong in the world.  Think about their goals, their reaction to the end of civilization, what they're thinking and what they want.

Well, I mean it's not smut based but I mean there may be times where a character becomes frustrated in ways and needs a release and I figured if we made it an even amount of characters itd be better that way and also so it doesnt become confusing since this is my first time running one.

Question Mark

Quote from: Usani on June 05, 2013, 10:32:38 PM
Well, I mean it's not smut based but I mean there may be times where a character becomes frustrated in ways and needs a release and I figured if we made it an even amount of characters itd be better that way and also so it doesnt become confusing since this is my first time running one.

I get that, but since it's not a smut game, not everyone needs to be paired up at the outset.  Sex scenes can evolve naturally through the course of the story, meaning gender ratios are not as important.  Also, since several of the female characters are lesbian, and all of the male characters are straight, it'd probably be okay to have extra female characters to make sure everyone has a partner regardless.

There's my case, I leave the final decision up to you :P

Chreestafer

working character bio up now, and there is some behind the scenes tying in of certain people ;)

so i will have full bio up shortly :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Usani

Quote from: Question Mark on June 05, 2013, 10:38:36 PM
I get that, but since it's not a smut game, not everyone needs to be paired up at the outset.  Sex scenes can evolve naturally through the course of the story, meaning gender ratios are not as important.  Also, since several of the female characters are lesbian, and all of the male characters are straight, it'd probably be okay to have extra female characters to make sure everyone has a partner regardless.

There's my case, I leave the final decision up to you :P

You make a very strong point actually.  Yeah I guess ratio wise isn't a big deal but I do wanna set a limit to characters to maybe 10 since we dont wanna get too crazy and get people confused.

Question Mark

Quote from: Usani on June 05, 2013, 10:44:11 PM
You make a very strong point actually.  Yeah I guess ratio wise isn't a big deal but I do wanna set a limit to characters to maybe 10 since we dont wanna get too crazy and get people confused.

I say we stick with 8.  I have yet to be in a group game with 5 or more people that didn't immediately lose a few people within a week of the game starting.  I find 3 or 4 to be ideal, but I'm willing to go bigger.  The people who stick around past "Hell Week" are simply the wheat amongst the chaff, in my opinion.

Also -- and I don't like bringing this up for fear of seeming control-freakish -- how much power are you wanting to wield in this game?  Since you created the topic, I defer to you, but I also think it's clear we know who has say over what, to avoid future confusion.

Chreestafer

ok guys with your approval i have update my character on page one with a ful bio :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Usani

Quote from: Question Mark on June 05, 2013, 10:52:45 PM
I say we stick with 8.  I have yet to be in a group game with 5 or more people that didn't immediately lose a few people within a week of the game starting.  I find 3 or 4 to be ideal, but I'm willing to go bigger.  The people who stick around past "Hell Week" are simply the wheat amongst the chaff, in my opinion.

Also -- and I don't like bringing this up for fear of seeming control-freakish -- how much power are you wanting to wield in this game?  Since you created the topic, I defer to you, but I also think it's clear we know who has say over what, to avoid future confusion.

8 could work too it really doesn't matter to me as long as it's reasonable.  As for wielding I just need someone to help me keep the game organized and help with the details of the story.  I'm not much of a leader in a sense so I just need a second person to help me get things in order.

Usani

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 05, 2013, 10:55:33 PM
ok guys with your approval i have update my character on page one with a ful bio :)

That's completely fine, thanks!  :)

Jayna

Name: Jake Bryant
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Jake is a very protective and loyal man. He would do anything for those he cares about and thinks nothing of putting others before himself. He is pretty casual, quick to crack a joke and enjoys a good laugh. Sometime it is just the front to put on to cover up how much he hates and resents this hell they are living in now. He does not share a lot about his life before the outbreak, it takes a lot of trust before he shares really anything about himself, especially his daughter.
History:
Jake had a pretty normal childhood, two parents and a younger sister. They lived in a decent neighborhood went to nice schools, never really wanted for much. He was always really close to his younger sister, her just being a couple years younger than him. He was always over protective of her and never gave her much slack, even when they got older and started finding their own paths. Jake had always been into sports ever since a young age. When he was a kid he was convinced he was going to be the next Babe Ruth so he started playing Baseball a lot more and tried to get everyone to call him “The Great Bambino”. It of course did not happen and Jake’s passion for sports did not go much past participating in them in High School and College.

His freshmen year of College  he met a girl named Erica. He fell in love with her and he, nothing thinking about what he was doing, got her pregnant. They didn’t really know what they were doing but the decided they were going to have the baby and give it the best life they could. He proposed to Erica, they decided to wait until after they had the baby to have the wedding. The next few months went by so quick for them and before they knew it, the baby was coming. But not everything went like Jake and Erica had dreamed. They had a lot of complications and Erica, who already had a lot of medical issues she had never told Jake about, died shortly after giving birth. But the baby was fine and Jake was left with a beautiful baby girl named Hope. He did his best to raise her as well as he could, finishing school, working, and taking care of her. It was hell but Hope made it all worth it to him.  She was the last thing he had from Erica and was the most important person in the world to him.

The next few years went by without anything special happened, Jake and Hope were having a pretty good life. Until around when the outbreak started to happen. Hope, who was now six, began to get really sick. Maybe from the infection, maybe from medical issues she got from her Mom, Jake never found out. They spent several months in doctor’s offices and hospitals, but it was no good. She slowly got too sick and her body began to quit on her. Jake had to watch his daughter die in a hospital bed, just like her mother did.

It destroyed Jake, leaving emotional scars he does his best to hide.  After a couple more weeks he left town and went up to Boston, trying to find his little sister. He still does not know much about the infection or what it is. But he has been quickly learning how to survive. He does what he can for other people along the way. He may be reckless at times but so far he is surviving just fine. To him, he might as well risk it all for others, he has nothing left to lose anyways. But, he is doing what he can to keep his humanity. He carries a picture of his daughter in his wallet to remind him of what he had and how special it was. He has never shown it to anyone or told them about her. To him it’s the most personal part of his life, and it will be hard to let someone that  close.

Xanthaine

The weapons are kind of the direction she'll be going as the outbreak progresses. And the rest is pretty subjective, I'll see if I can edit the bio later to answer the other questions. :)

EDIT: Added a touch more to my bio.

Chreestafer

Do we have a list of players and their characters yet?
Ons and Offs
F-List