Re: Zombie Apocalypse (Interest check! Still open!)

Started by Usani, June 04, 2013, 09:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usani

I just started watching The Walking Dead and I have to say I really like it!

So, I'm looking to start a group rp, all OC's.  Preferably an even number of people 8 (4 F's and 4 M's) at the most including me!  I think I'm gonna ask for character sheets to make things more interesting. Also, since I've never ran a group story I am looking for a GM!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:Lisa Tarence
Sexual Preference: Lesbian
History: She was raised in a beautiful home with amazing parents and 2 sisters.  She came out to her family when she was 17 and they supported her completely!  After that day she became so much more closer to her family then ever before.
But, when the Apocalypse first started she lost her whole family and her fiance Amy.  After that day she swore to protect anyone that stuck by her no matter what!  Lisa was never much of a fighter or a violent person for that matter until all of this happened.  Now, she sleeps with a gun next to her every single night.  She may be the one to protect people but she is not one to trust others so easily, a lot of the times you can catch her by herself usually lost in her thoughts.  Lisa also had a best friend named Georgina who was very close friends with both her and Amy.  Before the outbreak they both Lisa and Gigi have not seen eachother in months and now she hasn't heard a word from her and is assuming she became infected and is dead.

Lisa use to be a police officer, she loved her job more then anything else.  She was considered a workaholic when she wasn't with her family or Amy.  Although Lisa was never a violent person, being a police officer would call for it if necessary but luckily it never called for her to ever use her gun except once.  Now Lisa always carries a Smith and Wesson model 10 with her at all times.  She got this gun from her father as a gift after she graduated from the Police Academy. 

When Lisa lost everyone she loved she couldn't help but feel completely guilty and angry with herself.  When the virus brokeout in Boston, she was away on a trip in Florida.  She heard about the breakout on the news and was on the first Redeye back home.  When she went to her parents house to check on them she found both her parents and Amy dead with gun shots to the head.  She found a not written by her mom that said they had no other choice, that they were sorry that they didn't wait for her to say their goodbyes but they couldn't live in a world so deadly.  From this day forward she blames herself and wonders that maybe if she took them with her they would still be alive today.

She now promises that whoever she comes across she vows to protect them as best as she can even if that means putting herself in harms danger to help. 

Question Mark

I'm always down for a zompoc!  Couple of questions.

• Does this take place in the Walking Dead 'verse?  If not, what is the milieu and backstory?  Or is that up to the GM?
  • What sort of situation are are our characters going to find themselves in at the beginning?  Or is that also up to the GM?
  • Speaking of the GM, I'd be willing to run this game, although I tend to be more serious and story focused in my games.  If you mean for this to be a smut game, I wouldn't be the right dude for the job.

Usani

The backstory is up to the GM and in the beginning of the story I wanna say it'll take place about a month or so after everything has happened.  You are more then welcome to be the GM of this story and yes it is story focused more then smut.

Chreestafer

count me in, from pittsburgh pa, Zombie capital of the world, so one could say i have the infection running in my blood!
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Usani

Lol Nice!  If you could make a Bio as soon as you can!  :)

Chreestafer

bout to hit the hay for the night, but ill get one up in the am, i did one like this a few months ago that fell through but i played a military kid on home from leave if thats ok? also your character is pretty awsome, why be a lesbian ;) lol
also what city/state/country this taking place in?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Usani

That's completely fine it's your character!  And I may make her bisexual im not completely sure yet.  And the location will be up to the GM.

AmbrosiaPudding

Hey! I love the Walking Dead. It's just. Well awesome haha. I hope this is okay.

Name: Jameson Smith

Sexual Preference: Typically she says straight

History: Raised by a strict military Father and a flamboyant stepmother Jameson grew up taking archery classes and then at the same time ballet and gymnastics. Having no brother’s or sisters Jameson never wanted for attention though she always wondered about her real mother and who she was. Her father never spoke of her. When the apocalypse happened Jameson almost got stuck going down by a military squadrant. Her father got her out though leaving her an assault pack here wasn’t much in n over his shoulder. Though there wasn’t much in it. His prized desert eagle, a box of .45 rounds and six M.R.E’s. Jameson doesn’t know what happened to her father but she has a pretty good idea.
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Question Mark

I guess I'll be the GM then!  I have a couple of ideas that I'll expand upon tomorrow (sooo tired...), but for the moment, I should mention location.

This game will take place in Boston.  At least, that's where it'll start.  I'll have more on the morrow.

Usani

Raziel

Love me a good zombie apocalypse, I'm in. Can have a bio up soon. :)

Florence

I have a character I can already use :3 An old favorite zombie survivor of mine. She goes by the name of Vegas :3
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Xanthaine

Name: Georgina 'Gigi' Williams
History: Gigi grew up happy enough, born in the backwoods of Texas in a reasonable sized house with a large, supportive family... albeit an almost zealotic Christian one. On her sixteenth birthday when they saw her kissing her best friend her otherwise loving father had her packed away to a convent to 'help her find her way'. Though even at her most dire moments she couldn't hate her family for doing what they, in misguided love, believed was right. It didn't take her long to walk away from the life that was chosen for her and set up what would effectively be last six years of her life, apocalypse or no. She's a drifter... and has only ever been known as one, she has yet to return to her family home, perhaps afraid of what she'll find there... Even through the outbreak her need to survive has been indomitable, and while she'll save who she can, she has no qualms letting people go who can't keep up or don't want to.

She has few 'friends' really, mostly contacts gathered over her extensive years drifting on her old Triumph motorcycle. And it is near Boston that she heard, by chance, on the radio about the outbreaks, gunning it for that nearest civilisation with abandon in her boundless need to survive. She's certain of many things, but the one big question in her mind is whether or not she wants to go back to Texas... a question she's tried to answer for some years. A question it may even be too late to ask herself anymore.

(Feel free to tell me if I need to make changes, and apologies if I'm jumping the gun by ninja'ing my character sheet on you poor folks. :3)

Usani

Quote from: Xanthaine on June 05, 2013, 07:25:45 AM

Name: Georgina 'Gigi' Williams
History: Gigi grew up happy enough, born in the backwoods of Texas in a reasonable sized house with a large, supportive family... albeit an almost zealotic Christian one. On her sixteenth birthday when they saw her kissing her best friend her otherwise loving father had her packed away to a convent to 'help her find her way'. Though even at her most dire moments she couldn't hate her family for doing what they, in misguided love, believed was right. It didn't take her long to walk away from the life that was chosen for her and set up what would effectively be last six years of her life, apocalypse or no. She's a drifter... and has only ever been known as one, she has yet to return to her family home, perhaps afraid of what she'll find there...

(Feel free to tell me if I need to make changes, and apologies if I'm jumping the gun by ninja'ing my character sheet on you poor folks. :3)

I like her, I was hoping someone would use her pic as a character.  :)

Xanthaine

Quote from: Usani on June 05, 2013, 08:49:43 AM
I like her, I was hoping someone would use her pic as a character.  :)

Well, haay to oblige. :-D

Usani

Quote from: Xanthaine on June 05, 2013, 08:54:29 AM
Well, haay to oblige. :-D

I would love to maybe work something out with my character and yours if you're willing.  ;)

Xanthaine

Willing? *wicked grin*

Oh yes... willing... eager...

Hungry... :-P

TheHangedOne

Name:Erik Carter
Sexual Preference: Straight
History: Growing up in a household where his mother and father were complete computer geeks, it is no surprise to know that Erik was playing a Super Nintendo when he was just 3 years old. Most of his life, in fact, can be safely said to have occurred in front of a TV with a controller in his hands.

Around the time he hit highschool, he had a realization. Moved away from playing games, and started working on making them.  He also began to take better care of his body, ditching the typical junk food and soda for healthier eating, and exercise.

When he went to college, his healthy tendencies continued, fueled by his powerful intellect. He also took up kendo and joined a rifle club, finding these activities physically and mentally rewarding.

When the apocalypse came, ironically enough, Erik was in the middle of fleshing out an indie computer game based around surviving a zombie apocalypse, with a few of his college friends.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Chreestafer

Name: Christopher Shepherd

Age: 24 ( his birthday will be a week after the breakout)

Sexual preference: straight / bi curious (will entertain a shemale more then a man)

History: Chris was born a military brat to a drunken sailor and a low street hooker.  One wild night while his father was young and drunk he made some bad choices and soon enough Chris was born.  As a child he was left on his fathers apartment step mearly days prior to his father, who was a Commander to a seal team, was about to ship out.  His father wasn't mean, however he was strict, and growing up a navy brat he learned all he could about the navy and certainly the seals.  While in a small "play group" a.k.a. day care, he met a girl who he grew fond of.  Their parents were respective Seal brothers and soon the two young kids had a lasting friendship.

When Chris was 14, sadly his fathers life was lost saving a fellow platoon member and something inside Chris snapped.  He forsaken everything hell bent on become as good as his father to take apersonal vengence on the ass holes that stole all he had.  Sadly this pulled him away from his schooling, his entertainment, and above all his friends.  He ignored everyone as all he did was train and learn military tactics.  Within months he had an early acceptance letter to train as a navy seal and three months before graduating highschool he shipped off to boot camp. 

years pass, women pass quicker, and the wars drag on but he found himself where he wished to be.  Finally able to return home on leave from so many years of dedicated duty he found himself caught up in the mix.  Recieving his call to active duty he began to pack and ready himself for all out caos.  Sadly however he never made his way on the 6 hour trip to the base.  What he did find however was he was waking from a horrible wreck.  He found he was strapped into his four door jeep wrangler as he remembered swirving and wrecking.

This is where Chris will start.

Ons and Offs
F-List

Raziel

Name: Kaylen O’Neill
Personality: Despite his numerous move references, laid-back attitude and sometimes sarcastic sense of humour, Kaylen is a stand-up guy who will put his life on the line to protect others. Although he is an open-minded and respectful individual, if he thinks an idea is crazy he’ll let you know it.

History: Born and raised in New York City, Kaylen’s only dream was to join the NYPD. Gifted with an eidetic memory Kaylen aced the entry exams and became a patrol officer when he was 21, where he remained for 3 years until switching to an investigative squad. He recently made detective but was shot in the shoulder during the line of duty and has spent the last few months of his injury leave in Boston. He was about to head back to New York when the world went to hell.

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

AmbrosiaPudding

Whoo people. Plus I'd just like to add Chreestafer. Your avatar makes me giggle and makes me want to draw it on a sticky note.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheHangedOne

Hola, Chrees.  Also, howdy, Finn.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Frank Reshman

A zombie apocalypse RP, you say? That sounds swell!

Name:John Walker
History: From an early age, John liked working with his hands.  He was a practical thinker, and enjoyed taking things apart and attempting to put them back together.  Many a TV remote had met their fate to his tinkering.  Over time, he honed his craft and began to understand how things worked and, more importantly, WHY they worked how they did. When the infection started to spread, he tried his best to save his friends and family, but one by one they all managed to succumb to the deadly disease.  With everyone he knew either dead or turned, he set out from his little town with nothing but his toolbelt, his rifle, and a chip on his shoulder.

Usani

*Claps excitedly* Yay!  I'm so glad people are joining!  ;D

TheHangedOne

I'm actually going to have to withdraw my interest. Something's come up.
Check out my poet tree!

elfguy

Name: Nadia Johnson

History: Nadia is a college student, studying to become a lawyer. Not because she loves the law, but because she figures it's her best bet to bring in a lot of money. That's who Nadia is basically. She always goes the easiest route possible to get the best possible outcome. If that means using her body to get what she wants, outsmarting others, or stepping on some toes, she has no trouble doing it. Nadia cares only about herself. She knows that she's beautiful and strong, having always taken good care of her physique, and she's relatively smart, at least enough so to realize what the best path is for her to get what she wants. So when the disease broke out, she didn't stick around, and was certainly not caught helping anyone but herself. She picked up a meat cleaver, and went to town on nearby zombies, quickly leaving the area to save herself. Now, she's looking out for her best chance at surviving this apocalypse.

Having been a student, she has no direct experience with weapons, however she has always been an athletic person, so she can punch her way through zombies and doesn't shy away from using any tool and melee weapon at her disposal. She still carries her meat cleaver, but otherwise travels fairly light, with her ripped jeans, running shoes, and keeping an opened blouse on, showing a white bra. She scavenged and stole supplies and whatever she needed to survive so far.
----

GingerOne

I have been looking for a zombie rp...please say there's room for one more girl....

If you'll have me, I'll put a bio up for my character asap.  Thank you...*wiggles happily*
Sweet as can be, but I bite.
Getting the hang of things again for now. No promises.

Come join our Speakeasy!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=300370.0

My Ons/ Offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=166545.0

Usani

Quote from: gingerscorpion2012 on June 05, 2013, 07:44:44 PM
I have been looking for a zombie rp...please say there's room for one more girl....

If you'll have me, I'll put a bio up for my character asap.  Thank you...*wiggles happily*

Definitely room for more! 

GingerOne

Quote from: Usani on June 05, 2013, 07:46:32 PM
Definitely room for more!

Yay!!  *hugs tightly*

Okay, I'll work on that straight away.  Gimme a little bit.  Thanks

Come join our Speakeasy!

My Ons/ Offs

Jayna

Hey I'd love to join if you got room. I'd play a girl but I can do a guy if guys are needed more! :)

Usani

Let me count and see what we have because I'm thinking of limiting characters to 5 females and 5 males.

Jayna

Quote from: Usani on June 05, 2013, 08:10:32 PM
Let me count and see what we have because I'm thinking of limiting characters to 5 females and 5 males.

Ginger makes six girls, So I can make a man it's okay! :)

GingerOne

Name:Tali Burnham

History: Raised by a loving mother and father who were both in the medical field. She had one sister who died at a very young age from an illness. She had always been a tom-boy and rarely had boyfriends because they always thought she wasn't girly enough, which she didn't care about anyways. She's always been a strong willed person, friendly and caring about others. Sometimes putting others before herself at times.
Tali went to medical school straight out of college and learned a lot. The main thing that she learned was that she didn't want to be in that field. This discovery came when she met her boyfriend at a nightclub. He was a mechanic and a gunsmith, as the relationship with him grew he taught her many things about both vehicles and weapons. This she decided was what she wanted to do, so she quit medical school and took some vo-tech courses in mechanics.

When the apocalypse happened Tali lost her whole family and her boyfriend. She had been at home and busy working on chores around the house, that she lived at with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend came home already bitten. They didn't know what was wrong with him, so she tried to tend his wounds until he passed away. As she was grieving over him and trying to call the unresponsive police dept in her little town, he came reanimated and tried to attack her. She ended up having to kill him again. This experience left her kind of raw in the relationship dept and she decided that she never wanted to lose another person she loved. So, she put up a wall and tries never to let feelings grow for anyone.

Come join our Speakeasy!

My Ons/ Offs

Usani

Quote from: Jayna on June 05, 2013, 09:05:59 PM
Ginger makes six girls, So I can make a man it's okay! :)

That would be great! 

Question Mark

Alright, let's see how this sounds.

The background goes something like this...

The first time you heard the rumors of Yangtze Rabies was two months ago.  It was an otherwise normal evening when you turned on the TV and saw a two minute bit on CNN about a sudden outbreak of disease in the Yangtze river basin in China.  The pathogenesis was rapid and transmitted through fluid contact, resulting in fever, coma, aggressive behavior, and death.  With China's heavy-handed quarantine and official assurances that the infection was contained, the story was downplayed and quickly forgotten in the western mainstream, no more significant than the brief SARS outbreak a decade earlier.

A week later, the social media lit up as a handheld video of a bloodied Asian woman devouring a live chicken went viral.  Suddenly  new videos began appearing every hour: people savagely attacking bystanders, operating rooms covered in blood, tank battalions rolling through downtown Beijing, a view of a valley along the Yangtze covered in a massive firestorm.  Suddenly, "zombie" was the most-searched term on Google.  At first, US and NATO were tight-lipped besides pantomiming concern for China's treatment of the so-called Yangtze rabies.  As videos of similar events in Russia, India, and Japan appeared, public cries of conspiracy and coverup began to rise.  The mainstream media continued to downplay the seriousness of the crisis, claiming many of the videos were doctored or part of a massive hoax.

After an Afghanistan army base went dark the same day a video of Seoul in flames went viral, the US government finally relented and admitted that Yangtze rabies was, in fact, reanimating the dead.  Armed forces around the world were recalled.  Airports were locked down, coastlines constantly patrolled by an unprecedented number of ships.  A military cordone was placed over the east coast.  The last you saw before the cable inexplicably gave out was a declaration of martial law by the president.

In the next two weeks, Boston was encircled by the US military, blocking all ways in and out of the city.  If you had access to the internet, you'd find that similar blockades were forming around New York, Washington, Los Angeles, and other major cities.  It was a quarantine on a massive scale, but it was too little too late.  Travelers from abroad had returned infected and, slowly but surely, began their own outbreaks.  The west coast was the first to burn, as millions of refugees -- many of them infected -- swamped the blockade and engulfed California and Washington.  Miami and New Orleans suffered a similar fate a week later.

At first, Boston seemed secure.  The military, although heavy handed, made sure no infected made it through the checkpoints.  Schools and universities still held classes, the water and electricity stayed on.  Even Logan Airport, with military and supply planes constantly flying in over Boston harbor, was as busy as ever.  Aside from the epidemic of suicides, and the occasional execution of an infected trying to enter the city, local life was pretty much normal.  People worried about their distant loved ones, but Yangtze rabies was almost never spoken of in public.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Ten days ago, a train full of infected blasted through the military cordon and crashed into North Station.  The military reacted quickly, but it was too late.  Many of the infected vanished into the subways, and within days, the downtown was a death trap.  Societal order quickly collapsed as a quarter of a million people tried to flee into the suburbs, only to be trapped by the military blockade.  In the chaos, the order to fire was given, and any road leading out of the city became a bloodbath.  Despite the massacre, the military power was eventually overwhelmed, resulting in the complete breakdown of civilization in Boston.  Utilities stopped working, the internet vanished, and all that remained of communication equipment were hardlines.

Your character will start this game seven days after the fall of the military.  For reasons left to you, she'll find herself trapped in the downtown.  Maybe she went in search of a family member or supplies.  Maybe she was trapped there and unable to escape.  I leave that up to you.

That's the background.  How does it sound?

Usani

I like it a lot Mark thank you for that!  I think this will play out very well and hopefully will be able to start soon I just need I think at least 3 more guys.

Question Mark

@Usani:  Thanks :)  I'm curious though about something.  Since you mentioned this is a story focused game, how set you are on maintaining the gender ratio?  If smut is expected to be rare, it may not be necessary to make sure males and females are 1:1.  If it is flexible, that would allow Jayna to make a female character instead of a male one.  Just a thought.

Also, here's some notes and suggestions for each character.  I usually prefer more in depth character apps, so bear with me.  I'm not being critical, just trying to flesh your characters out :P

Lisa Tarence (Usani)
Since Lisa was directly impacted by the outbreak, she has a couple of options.  She could have lost her family in the eventual outbreak in downtown Boston, or maybe they were killed earlier, and she fled to Boston as a refugee.

A couple of questions to think about...

• What was her profession before the outbreak?  Is what she did still useful now?
  • What kind of experience does Lisa have with violence, intense trauma, firearms, etc.?  In other words, how prepared is she to survive in this new world?
  • How did she survive what her family and fiance could not?  Does she harbor guilt or shame over this?
  • What is her current goal?  Does she have family or friends elsewhere she wants to reach?  Does she have a plan or destination in mind?  Basically, what's keeping her from simply killing herself?
  • What sort of equipment or supplies does she currently possess?

Jameson Smith (CarnageIncarnate)
I'm not really sure what happens in the second half of the bio.  From what I understand, she got caught in military crossfire, but her dad saved her ass before leaving, and gave her an assault pack before he left.  This could work well in the background.  Perhaps they were fleeing Boston during the outbreak and were caught in a massacre.  Her dad saves her, but gets separated, leaving her the supplies.

• Jameson's pretty young.  Was she a student?  Employed?
  • You mention experience with archery, but Jameson's stuck with a hand cannon.  Does she have any experience with firearms?
  • What ever happened to her step-mother?  Does she have any other family or friends?
  • What is her current goal?  Does she have family or friends elsewhere she wants to reach?  Does she have a plan or destination in mind?  Basically, what's keeping her from simply killing herself?
  • What sort of personality does she have?  Is she serious, determined, and brutal?  Or is she scared, vulnerable, and looking for protection?  Something else?

Georgina 'Gigi' Williams (Xanthaine)
I like Gigi: interesting backstory, yet with enough vagueness to leave plenty up to the imagination.  I suppose she was (un)lucky enough to find herself in Boston when everything went tits-up, so that's that settled.  If you want, I'd encourage you to flesh out some of the years she spent drifting, help solidify Gigi's identity.

• Your pic shows her with some gear and a gun; is that canon, or just flavor?
  • Is Gigi concerned with the fate of her family?  Or has it been too long/painful, and she's ready to leave them behind in this new world?
  • Does/did she have any friends or contacts in Boston?  How long has she been in the city, and why?
  • What is her current goal?  Does she want to return to Texas?  Does she have a plan or destination in mind?  Basically, what's keeping her from simply killing herself?
  • What sort of personality does she have?  Is she serious and determined?  Reckless and brutal?  Something else?

I gotta hit the hay.  I'll do the rest of them tomorrow, but be thinking of your character.  Try to develop them, flesh them out, make them unique and belong in the world.  Think about their goals, their reaction to the end of civilization, what they're thinking and what they want.

Usani

Quote from: Question Mark on June 05, 2013, 10:17:05 PM
@Usani:  Thanks :)  I'm curious though about something.  Since you mentioned this is a story focused game, how set you are on maintaining the gender ratio?  If smut is expected to be rare, it may not be necessary to make sure males and females are 1:1.  If it is flexible, that would allow Jayna to make a female character instead of a male one.  Just a thought.

Also, here's some notes and suggestions for each character.  I usually prefer more in depth character apps, so bear with me.  I'm not being critical, just trying to flesh your characters out :P

Lisa Tarence (Usani)
Since Lisa was directly impacted by the outbreak, she has a couple of options.  She could have lost her family in the eventual outbreak in downtown Boston, or maybe they were killed earlier, and she fled to Boston as a refugee.

• What was her profession before the outbreak?  Is what she did still useful now?
  • What kind of experience does Lisa have with violence, intense trauma, firearms, etc.?  In other words, how prepared is she to survive in this new world?
  • How did she survive what her family and fiance could not?  Does she harbor guilt or shame over this?

Jameson Smith (CarnageIncarnate)
I'm not really sure what happens in the second half of the bio.  From what I understand, she got caught in military crossfire, but her dad saved her ass before leaving, and gave her an assault pack before he left.  This could work well in the background.  Perhaps they were fleeing Boston during the outbreak and were caught in a massacre.  Her dad saves her, but gets separated, leaving her the supplies.

• Jameson's pretty young.  Was she a student?  Employed?
  • You mention experience with archery, but Jameson's stuck with a hand cannon.  Does she have any experience with firearms?
  • What ever happened to her step-mother?  Does she have any other family or friends?
  • What sort of personality does she have?  Is she serious, determined, and brutal?  Or is she scared, vulnerable, and looking for protection?  Something else?

Georgina 'Gigi' Williams (Xanthaine)
I like Gigi: interesting backstory, yet with enough vagueness to leave plenty up to the imagination.  I suppose she was (un)lucky enough to find herself in Boston when everything went tits-up, so that's that settled.  If you want, I'd encourage you to flesh out some of the years she spent drifting, help solidify Gigi's identity.

• Your pic shows her with some gear and a gun; is that canon, or just flavor?
  • Is Gigi concerned with the fate of her family?  Or has it been too long/painful, and she's ready to leave them behind in this new world?
  • Does/did she have any friends or contacts in Boston?  How long has she been in the city, and why?
  • What is her current goal?  Does she want to return to Texas?  Does she have a plan or destination in mind?  Basically, what's keeping her from simply killing herself?
  • What sort of personality does she have?  Is she serious and determined?  Reckless and brutal?  Something else?

I gotta hit the hay.  I'll do the rest of them tomorrow, but be thinking of your character.  Try to develop them, flesh them out, make them unique and belong in the world.  Think about their goals, their reaction to the end of civilization, what they're thinking and what they want.

Well, I mean it's not smut based but I mean there may be times where a character becomes frustrated in ways and needs a release and I figured if we made it an even amount of characters itd be better that way and also so it doesnt become confusing since this is my first time running one.

Question Mark

Quote from: Usani on June 05, 2013, 10:32:38 PM
Well, I mean it's not smut based but I mean there may be times where a character becomes frustrated in ways and needs a release and I figured if we made it an even amount of characters itd be better that way and also so it doesnt become confusing since this is my first time running one.

I get that, but since it's not a smut game, not everyone needs to be paired up at the outset.  Sex scenes can evolve naturally through the course of the story, meaning gender ratios are not as important.  Also, since several of the female characters are lesbian, and all of the male characters are straight, it'd probably be okay to have extra female characters to make sure everyone has a partner regardless.

There's my case, I leave the final decision up to you :P

Chreestafer

working character bio up now, and there is some behind the scenes tying in of certain people ;)

so i will have full bio up shortly :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Usani

Quote from: Question Mark on June 05, 2013, 10:38:36 PM
I get that, but since it's not a smut game, not everyone needs to be paired up at the outset.  Sex scenes can evolve naturally through the course of the story, meaning gender ratios are not as important.  Also, since several of the female characters are lesbian, and all of the male characters are straight, it'd probably be okay to have extra female characters to make sure everyone has a partner regardless.

There's my case, I leave the final decision up to you :P

You make a very strong point actually.  Yeah I guess ratio wise isn't a big deal but I do wanna set a limit to characters to maybe 10 since we dont wanna get too crazy and get people confused.

Question Mark

Quote from: Usani on June 05, 2013, 10:44:11 PM
You make a very strong point actually.  Yeah I guess ratio wise isn't a big deal but I do wanna set a limit to characters to maybe 10 since we dont wanna get too crazy and get people confused.

I say we stick with 8.  I have yet to be in a group game with 5 or more people that didn't immediately lose a few people within a week of the game starting.  I find 3 or 4 to be ideal, but I'm willing to go bigger.  The people who stick around past "Hell Week" are simply the wheat amongst the chaff, in my opinion.

Also -- and I don't like bringing this up for fear of seeming control-freakish -- how much power are you wanting to wield in this game?  Since you created the topic, I defer to you, but I also think it's clear we know who has say over what, to avoid future confusion.

Chreestafer

ok guys with your approval i have update my character on page one with a ful bio :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Usani

Quote from: Question Mark on June 05, 2013, 10:52:45 PM
I say we stick with 8.  I have yet to be in a group game with 5 or more people that didn't immediately lose a few people within a week of the game starting.  I find 3 or 4 to be ideal, but I'm willing to go bigger.  The people who stick around past "Hell Week" are simply the wheat amongst the chaff, in my opinion.

Also -- and I don't like bringing this up for fear of seeming control-freakish -- how much power are you wanting to wield in this game?  Since you created the topic, I defer to you, but I also think it's clear we know who has say over what, to avoid future confusion.

8 could work too it really doesn't matter to me as long as it's reasonable.  As for wielding I just need someone to help me keep the game organized and help with the details of the story.  I'm not much of a leader in a sense so I just need a second person to help me get things in order.

Usani

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 05, 2013, 10:55:33 PM
ok guys with your approval i have update my character on page one with a ful bio :)

That's completely fine, thanks!  :)

Jayna

Name: Jake Bryant
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Jake is a very protective and loyal man. He would do anything for those he cares about and thinks nothing of putting others before himself. He is pretty casual, quick to crack a joke and enjoys a good laugh. Sometime it is just the front to put on to cover up how much he hates and resents this hell they are living in now. He does not share a lot about his life before the outbreak, it takes a lot of trust before he shares really anything about himself, especially his daughter.
History:
Jake had a pretty normal childhood, two parents and a younger sister. They lived in a decent neighborhood went to nice schools, never really wanted for much. He was always really close to his younger sister, her just being a couple years younger than him. He was always over protective of her and never gave her much slack, even when they got older and started finding their own paths. Jake had always been into sports ever since a young age. When he was a kid he was convinced he was going to be the next Babe Ruth so he started playing Baseball a lot more and tried to get everyone to call him “The Great Bambino”. It of course did not happen and Jake’s passion for sports did not go much past participating in them in High School and College.

His freshmen year of College  he met a girl named Erica. He fell in love with her and he, nothing thinking about what he was doing, got her pregnant. They didn’t really know what they were doing but the decided they were going to have the baby and give it the best life they could. He proposed to Erica, they decided to wait until after they had the baby to have the wedding. The next few months went by so quick for them and before they knew it, the baby was coming. But not everything went like Jake and Erica had dreamed. They had a lot of complications and Erica, who already had a lot of medical issues she had never told Jake about, died shortly after giving birth. But the baby was fine and Jake was left with a beautiful baby girl named Hope. He did his best to raise her as well as he could, finishing school, working, and taking care of her. It was hell but Hope made it all worth it to him.  She was the last thing he had from Erica and was the most important person in the world to him.

The next few years went by without anything special happened, Jake and Hope were having a pretty good life. Until around when the outbreak started to happen. Hope, who was now six, began to get really sick. Maybe from the infection, maybe from medical issues she got from her Mom, Jake never found out. They spent several months in doctor’s offices and hospitals, but it was no good. She slowly got too sick and her body began to quit on her. Jake had to watch his daughter die in a hospital bed, just like her mother did.

It destroyed Jake, leaving emotional scars he does his best to hide.  After a couple more weeks he left town and went up to Boston, trying to find his little sister. He still does not know much about the infection or what it is. But he has been quickly learning how to survive. He does what he can for other people along the way. He may be reckless at times but so far he is surviving just fine. To him, he might as well risk it all for others, he has nothing left to lose anyways. But, he is doing what he can to keep his humanity. He carries a picture of his daughter in his wallet to remind him of what he had and how special it was. He has never shown it to anyone or told them about her. To him it’s the most personal part of his life, and it will be hard to let someone that  close.

Xanthaine

The weapons are kind of the direction she'll be going as the outbreak progresses. And the rest is pretty subjective, I'll see if I can edit the bio later to answer the other questions. :)

EDIT: Added a touch more to my bio.

Chreestafer

Do we have a list of players and their characters yet?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Question Mark

Quote from: Xanthaine on June 06, 2013, 03:30:42 AM
The weapons are kind of the direction she'll be going as the outbreak progresses. And the rest is pretty subjective, I'll see if I can edit the bio later to answer the other questions. :)

EDIT: Added a touch more to my bio.

Nice and noted :)

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 06, 2013, 09:53:27 AM
Do we have a list of players and their characters yet?

No proper list, but there's no need yet.  All of the profiles are in this thread.  A quick scroll will reveal all of them.

I'm just posting real quick before I leave for work.  I'll be back in an hour or two.

Usani

I edited my info.  :)

AidenWhite

Is registration closed? I've been looking for a zombie-type RP.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Usani

I just counted and we've reached our limit of characters.  Sorry man.  :/

AidenWhite

My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

GingerOne

*Wiggles happily*   I can't wait to get started....*claps hands excitedly*

Come join our Speakeasy!

My Ons/ Offs

Raziel

Quote from: gingerscorpion2012 on June 06, 2013, 08:21:26 PM
*Wiggles happily*   I can't wait to get started....*claps hands excitedly*

Agreed, looking forward to it

Raziel

Just a thought, with the story starting in downtown will there be any areas that for whatever reason be inaccessable at the beginning, be it over-run with zombies, npc survivors like bandits etc?

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Raziel on June 07, 2013, 02:33:36 PM
Just a thought, with the story starting in downtown will there be any areas that for whatever reason be inaccessable at the beginning, be it over-run with zombies, npc survivors like bandits etc?

That's a good question.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Usani

I was thinking maybe the local hospital and the grocery store since food and medical supplies will be needed at some point.

Xanthaine

Perhaps any convenient places to locate weapons (malls and cop shops) might be a good place to have off limits early on too, just to highlight the struggling for survival until we go badass and get armed the eff up? :)

Question Mark

The entire downtown.  When you take half a million zombies, stuff 'em into a congested square mile and add a couple of thousand panicky survivors...  Nothing's going to be accessible.  I'm planning on having the game open with everybody in one location after they fled their original hideouts due to events that will be detailed in the opening post.  I'll leave a couple of story hooks, but from that point on, you're on your own.

Quote from: Usani on June 07, 2013, 02:37:23 PM
I was thinking maybe the local hospital and the grocery store since food and medical supplies will be needed at some point.

Hospitals, grocery stores, gun shops, car lots, and shopping malls will be the first places to go as everyone rushes for supplies and vehicles.  Either some wannabe warlord will start a firefight and lay claim to it as her own, or the zombies will swarm the place and turn it into a deathtrap.  Since it's Boston, most thoroughfares will be off limits for anyone cares about their own survival, and tunnels -- long, confined, pitch black -- are natural death traps.  You'll have to get creative if you want out of the city.

That's my take on it.

I plan on Usani and I having a proper intro post up within a few hours.

Chreestafer

Sweet!

Can't wait to start! Is there going to be a posting order?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Question Mark

Quote from: Chreestafer on June 07, 2013, 05:21:03 PM
Sweet!

Can't wait to start! Is there going to be a posting order?

It's ultimately Usani's call, but I'd discourage it.  One person not posting can hold up the entire game.

Usani

Quote from: Question Mark on June 07, 2013, 05:24:49 PM
It's ultimately Usani's call, but I'd discourage it.  One person not posting can hold up the entire game.

No there is not order when it comes to posting.  If you're apart of a certain scene just post along with that scene and so on.  I will try to get started on the opening post some time tonight, Im having a little bit of writers block at the moment.

AmbrosiaPudding

I'm sorry. I'm going to have to withdrawl my character. I've got a pretty large group roleplay going on and I don't think I could handle two moving at a fast pace coupled with all of my one on ones.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Usani

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on June 07, 2013, 06:43:46 PM
I'm sorry. I'm going to have to withdrawl my character. I've got a pretty large group roleplay going on and I don't think I could handle two moving at a fast pace coupled with all of my one on ones.

That's alright, thanks for your interest anyway.  :)

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Raziel

wow a few players/characters gone and the Zombies haven't even shown up yet... :P

But seriously sorry to see you go.

Chreestafer

Ons and Offs
F-List

Raziel

Good question and depending on whose left, maybe considering getting rid of the NO LONGER ACCEPTING bit in the title for a day or two to replace those we've lost.

Xanthaine

GingerOne

Come join our Speakeasy!

My Ons/ Offs

elfguy

----

Usani

Quote from: elfguy on June 08, 2013, 09:55:58 PM
Still waiting for the apocalypse.

My apologies, I'm working on the starter now and I'm waiting on our GM to get back to me on it. So, I'll try to have it up ASAP.

Raziel

Sweet, been watching The Walking Dead on DVD to get in the mood :P

GingerOne

Quote from: Usani on June 08, 2013, 10:03:28 PM
My apologies, I'm working on the starter now and I'm waiting on our GM to get back to me on it. So, I'll try to have it up ASAP.

Thank you for your hard work.  I look forward to playing.

Come join our Speakeasy!

My Ons/ Offs

Usani

Quote from: gingerscorpion2012 on June 08, 2013, 10:37:55 PM
Thank you for your hard work.  I look forward to playing.

Why thank you.  :)  This whole running a group rp is new to me which is why I have a GM to help me run things.

Florence

If there's room I could throw my character at this :o

http://picture.fm/pictures/anna-tsuchiya/anna-tsuchiya_eQSVhRDCJo.jpg

Vegas. :> Using the amazing, talented, sexy and bad ass Anna Tsuchiya as her image. :3
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Usani

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on June 08, 2013, 11:51:25 PM
If there's room I could throw my character at this :o

http://picture.fm/pictures/anna-tsuchiya/anna-tsuchiya_eQSVhRDCJo.jpg

Vegas. :> Using the amazing, talented, sexy and bad ass Anna Tsuchiya as her image. :3

Very, very cool! Go right ahead!  :D  Just look for a couple of more people to join now.

GingerOne

Quote from: Usani on June 08, 2013, 11:11:01 PM
Why thank you.  :)  This whole running a group rp is new to me which is why I have a GM to help me run things.

You're very welcome.  I can imagine it is. Well, you both are doing a good job.

How many more characters do we need?

Come join our Speakeasy!

My Ons/ Offs

Frank Reshman

I'm still here. Just waiting for everything to get off the ground.  I try to check in once a day at least, but with finals coming up and work and church and whatnot, I might miss a day in the next week.  Knowing my luck, it'll probably be the day everything gets started.

Usani

Quote from: gingerscorpion2012 on June 09, 2013, 01:01:08 AM
You're very welcome.  I can imagine it is. Well, you both are doing a good job.

How many more characters do we need?

We'll need I believe 2 more people.  :)

Xanthaine

Usani

Quote from: Xanthaine on June 09, 2013, 03:03:36 PM
Getting an itchy trigger finger now. :P

*ties you to a chair* Im working on it woman!  lmao :P

Raziel

Quote from: Xanthaine on June 09, 2013, 03:03:36 PM
Getting an itchy trigger finger now. :P

Just make sure you don't mistake us all for zombies and shoot us in the first post and it'll be fine :P

Usani

Anyone wanna help me out, which thread would this go under?

Xanthaine

Quote from: Usani on June 09, 2013, 03:28:13 PM
Anyone wanna help me out, which thread would this go under?

Perhaps non human small groups?

Usani

Raziel

I think it depends partially on what content it's going to include in terms of violence, sex etc.

Personally I would go for either NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups, even though it's classified as a "non-consensual" forum a lot of consensual related content goes, or in Extreme Small Groups since I've seen a few zombie related threads in there. Hard to say which but one of those two would be where I would consider looking first.

Xanthaine

Quote from: Raziel on June 09, 2013, 04:21:59 PM
I think it depends partially on what content it's going to include in terms of violence, sex etc.

Personally I would go for either NC: Exotic-Freeform Small Groups, even though it's classified as a "non-consensual" forum a lot of consensual related content goes, or in Extreme Small Groups since I've seen a few zombie related threads in there. Hard to say which but one of those two would be where I would consider looking first.

Good point well made m'dear. :)

Usani

Quote from: Raziel on June 09, 2013, 04:21:59 PM

Okay thank you.  :)

Usani

So, just so we have everyone accounted for this the character list.

Lisa Tarence- Usani (me)

Gigi Williams- Xanthaine

Christopher Shepherd- Chreestafer

Kaylen O’Neill- Raziel

John Walker-  Frank Reshman

Nadia Johnson- elfguy

Tali Burnham- gingerscorpion2012

Jake Bryant- Jayna

Usani

Also, for those with ready characters you can post anytime in the IC thread that I've posted!  :)

Question Mark

Sorry guys for my delay this weekend.  I was online yesterday on my phone, but I could only see the forum, not post.

I suppose I'll pick up the GMing bit ASAP then.

Usani

Quote from: Question Mark on June 09, 2013, 07:41:20 PM
Sorry guys for my delay this weekend.  I was online yesterday on my phone, but I could only see the forum, not post.

I suppose I'll pick up the GMing bit ASAP then.

Thats fine jump in when you can!  Sorry I went ahead and started it since many people have been waiting.

Jayna

Sorry I have been MIA the last few days! I'll post tonight!

elfguy

Feel free to spot a girl on a roof.. or a zombie crashing down into the pavement :P
----

Usani

Ugh that annoying moment where after a day I need to ready and catch up, I forgot why I was never good in group rp's.  :/

Frank Reshman

I haven't been dead, I promise!  My school (yes, I'm still in school) is having finals week this week and shit has been crazy! I will have an IC post up by the end of the day, so that's going to happen...  :/

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

elfguy

Since Nadia was basically by herself I decided to send her on the roof of the store the others are in. Perhaps she could make a grandiose entrance by collapsing the entire roof ;P
----

Raziel

Considering the shelves and everything in there, plus the roof caving in the odds are you'd end up breaking something in the fall. Leg, rib, arm could be anything unless you were really lucky. Besides there's probably a ladder leading down or a dumpster you could jump into instead.

Raziel

So I just realised that there was one key thing we haven't discussed yet, how do people get infected? Is it by bite only? Blood? Or can something like simple scratches do it too?

Usani

Hey guys with school and my other rp's I don't have the time and committment to put into the group story.  I'm sorry, I honestly thought I'd be able to do it but I forgot how fast things go in group rp's and it's hard to keep up when  can update often.  Good luck in the story you guys it looks great!

Raziel

Sorry to see you go Usani, I'm heading back to edit my post since Lisa's out now.

But it means there are still a few open spaces going in the apocalypse folks!

Xanthaine

Okay, I'm going to be away for the weekend for a show, so I'm not going to be able to post until Sunday/Monday (relative tiredness pending) So just assume she's tagging along and not doing much important.

Raziel

Frank Reshman

Damit Ginger and Raziel!  I can't wake up at 5 in the morning! :p

Raziel

LOL Well look on the bright side at least you have something to look forward to when you wake up :P