The Soul Society's newest threat! (Bleach rp interest thread)

Started by kingmaster1, March 17, 2013, 06:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingmaster1

Welcome to the soul society!

It's not been long since Aizen's defeat at the hands of the substitute soul reaper, Ichigo Kurosaki. The soul society has begun it's healing from this ordeal, it isn't easy, but they can manage. Two of the spots for captain have been filled and everything is on it's way back to normalcy.

Unfortunately, a long hidden sect of renegade soul reapers have begun their move. It started small, a few lower ranking soul reapers or students go missing and turn up dead. Some blame it on hollow attacks, but others, like Mayuri Kurotsuchi, see that much more is going on.

Hundreds of years ago, farther than most can remember, one soul reaper by the name of Kanjin Tsuyoi, discovered a way a soul reaper could completely merge with thier zanpakuto, granting them immense power but, in most cases, rendering them brainless. He was an exception and so were a few others. The risk of this ritual forced central 46 to ban it and punish any who would attempt it. Unfortunately the damage had already been done and many were forcibly executed to contain it. Kanjin, as well as a few others, were banished for the invention and continued use of this ritual.

They may have escaped with their lives but these soul reapers were cast from society, being forced to move away, never to return. What wasn't known was that Kanjin's sanity was slowly draining away, causing him to become mad and unstable. He tried to contain it but the power is becoming too much for him and his thoughts have turned to vengeance on the soul society and all who shamed him. He is planning something, something that would change every world, permanently.

The recent war has given him the opportunity he needed, he's begun his plan and all soul reapers are at risk.

I
I
I
I
Hello everyone, and welcome to a bleach fan game. I'm king and I will be your guide!

First off, this game, while taking place in the bleach universe, will not have the cannon characters controlled by players, they will be controlled by the GM (myself) or my co-GM.

With that said, the characters you use will be of your own design, a bleach OC game.

Now, before you say anything, no, not everyone can be a captain or lieutenant. You can be a soul reaper, a ranked one sure, but only third seat and below. The only captain character will be mine and possibly my co-GM, we can't have everyone rushing in and trying to be captain or trying to usurp another captain or lieutenant's position.

I do want everyone to have fun with this and make up an original character for the game. Your character can be a part of whichever squad you wish, as long as they fit the requirement, (I.E. 4th squad healing, 11th squad melee, etc. etc.)

If you want your character to have a bankai, that's fine. But, keep in mind that a bankai requires a LOT of training and dedication, so don't say he got it last week after a night of training. He can have gotten it recently, but don't expect your character to know how to use it yet, there should still be a learning phase for this.

I
I
I
I

Character sheet:

Name:

Personality: (What are they like?)

Bio: (This can be a simple run down of their behavior or say what they enjoy doing around the society anything you'd like)

Appearance: (can be picture or good description)

Rank: (title in soul society. I.E. captain, lieutenant, third seat, fourth seat, etc. etc.)

Weapon name: (the name of your zanpakuto spirit)

Sealed appearance: (Your swords physical appearance when in its sealed state, doesn't all have to be a basic katana)

Shikai appearance: (A basic run down of what your zanpakuto looks like in it's released state)

Shikai powers: (What are some things your sword can do in this state?)

Bankai: *optional* (The appearance of your sword or of what it does when its bankai is released)

Bankai powers: (Just what can your sword do in its bankai state? Does it effect the surrounding area? Does it become something? What does it do for you? etc. etc.)

Extra feature: (something that might set your character apart from the rest)

I
I
I
I

Okay, feel free to add to that character sheet, anything you feel might be missing :-)

Thanks for reading, I've been king, your guide to this bleach rp. Any questions please direct them to me via a PM. Any characters you'd like to put in, simply post them below and I'll tell you if there is something that needs changing.

To clarify, don't put your character in as a captain, all captain positions have been filled.

Chasseybaby

Hey! You know Im in King! ^^ Just make sure to hold my hand tight, Im not as knowledgeable as you in bleach and I might stray a.... oooo shiny.... O.O

kingmaster1

Of course, chassey, I'll be your guide into this magical land ;D

Chasseybaby

*stops mid lick of the lolly pop walls and smiles* Thank you ill have my Character sheet up soon ^^ *lick*

kingmaster1

seekeroftruth22

hey every one i am the seeker of truth ;) most just call me seeker though and i am the co-GM of this game. first off let me introduce my OC

Name: Nero Hakura

Personality: Nero cares deeply for those under his command and takes his job as the captain of squad 5 very seriously. Nero has been known to jump infront of his allies and take a blow that would have hurt them. one of the best things about him is the fact that he was almost alway smiling and his good mood usualy made those around him come to like him.

Bio: Nero loved to fight and often duels with his squad mates, allowing then to get better at fighting and hopefully strengthening the bonds with him and his squad mate. when he first became captain most did not like him beliving that they could do better with out a captain since they had been with out one since Aizen betrayed them but Nero's personality won them over when they where fighting a strong menos, some of the weaker members had gotten knocked down and in there moment of their weaknes the menos shot a cero at them. when the smoke cleared Nero was standing infront of them with his arms spread, he had allowed the cero to hit him so they would not be hurt or killed from that day on every member of squad 5 accepted him as their new captain

appearance: look below

Weapon name: moeagaru

Sealed appearance: a slightly longer than normal katana but on the hilt bottom there is a fist sized ball

Shikai appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Shikai powers: allows the user to send blades of fire at the enemy by spinning the scythe quickly, the faster it spins the more blades that appear. gives the user slightly increased speed

Bankai: double headed fire meteor hammers

(for more info on my Bankai feel free to sheck this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_hammer )

Bankai powers: greatly enhanced speed, strength and endurance. The heads of the weapon are covered in flames and have a chance to explode on impact the chains conecting then grow and shrink at will.

Extra feature: hes the captain of squad 5

what i look like normaly:

what i look like in Bankai:
I have taken the Oath of the Drake

kingmaster1

Made a small change to the character sheet so that it would include ranking.

kingmaster1

Here is my character:

Name: Senshin Genkou

Personality: Senshin's personality can be a toss up quite often, being cursed with two personalities. Both of them recognize themselves as Senshin, though they are exact opposites. The Senshin who originally applied to be captain considers himself the light Senshin. He is a cheery man who gives the most respect he can to his peers and subordinates. He tries his best to be kind and understanding, even on the battlefield where he won't kill unless it is absolutely necessary. The other Senshin, who proudly refers to himself as the dark Senshin, is a much more angry, rude, perverted, alcoholic, and disrespectful person. He gives respect to few and treats his subordinates more like servants, though a select few he enjoys drinking with. He constantly hits on almost all of the women in the soul society, to the point of being hit every now and then, but it doesn't deter him. This personality is also dominant on the battle field, not hesitating to kill in the most violent manor. They will both, often, be caught arguing with each other, which would appear to most as a man yelling angrily at the sky, but in reality is the two Senshin's fighting. There is no real trigger to it, they both seem to change randomly, sometimes lasting for days each or as short as a minute.

Bio: Both Senshin's enjoy a drink but the light version won't drink until intoxicated, opting to keep his wits about him. The dark Senshin will never stop until he blacks out, often drinking with many people in the soul society. Both of them are master of their zanpakuto but use it in different ways. The light version prefers using its more ranged and kido based attacks, while the dark prefers getting stuck in and killing someone with his blade going through them. The only person both of these men have a soft spot for would be Rangiku Matsumoto and Yoruichi Shihouin, both having respect for the two women and...other feelings as well.

Appearance: http://hdwalls.intouchintlllc.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/anime-guy.jpg

Weapon name: Bunraku

Release phrase: Pluck the strings of fate, Bunraku

Sealed form: Two Chinese hook swords: http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm104/Amayari/weapons/swords_chinese_twin_hook.jpg

Sealed powers: When the crescent shaped handles are pressed together they will form a black circle that acts as a mirror, reflecting kido and ranged attacks, sending them back. The mirror can be extended to cover the whole frontal body.

Shikai: Two, body sized chakram http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/terencemartin/FrozenChakram.png

Shikai powers: Both blades can be spun around and will create the same black mirrors that cover the blades, having the appearance of a black shield, though these mirrors can not only deflect ranged attacks, but melee attacks as well, hitting back with force that can equal or surpass that of the enemy.

Ranged attacks can also be absorbed and redirected wherever chosen. Ranged attacks can also be saved up to create a stronger combination of them.

Bankai: The large chakram disappear to be replaced with his hooked swords, only the chakram are sliding up and down along the blades, in continuous motion.

Bankai powers: The surrounding area is covered by a pattern that, when an enemy steps into a circle, will paralyze them for a short time. While paralyzed their body is scanned and replicated, but only to a certain degree. Opposite the original circle three copies will appear, looking the same but with a black shadow covering their face. The copies will attack the original until cut down or the opponent is destroyed. These copies only have a third of the power the original held, making all three add up to the same power. While this happens Senshin can also attack, though only after the enemy is able to move again, as his power is focused on creating the clones.

Extra: his hair will also change in color with the personalities, not drastically, it will either be a lighter shade or a darker shade of the same color.

Bankai pattern: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/304/c/8/axel__s_chakram_by_blazeph-d4el6wo.jpg

Here is my character, the new captain of squad nine, Senshin Genkou

zenpai

This is an old rpc of mine

Name: Rain Kengi

Personality: On an emotion level she is cold and withdrawn. Thing like anger, rage, hate, lust, love and pain are the only emotion she understands. Also she is never feels bad about any choice she is forced to make. If forced to she would kill an innocent and feel no remorse. She openly treats Riku like a pawn to hide her love  for her. if any one ever hurt Riku, Rain would kill them in the slow painful way thinkable. 

Bio:motherly nature – she acts like a mother and give advice to younger people. Even putting bandage on scraped knees. The advice may be inappropriate for there age.

Refers people  to as plants. That she thinks matches there personalty.

Freely turns on/off the few emotions she has.

Tend to her green house.

Will do anything for a friend (if she think of them as friends)

Appearance:

Weapon name: Tree of Knowledge / Tree of knowledge of good and evil 

Release phrase:Grow forth and sin no more! /Drink from the crimson rivers and feast of there corpses!

Sealed appearance: Wooden training katana

Shikai appearance: 6 ft. wooden tri pointed spear made of bamboo.

Shikai powers:She can change any and every plant in the the area in to a carnivorous man eater.  Solar energy can be absorbed into the spearand combind with sprit energy.the solar energy then can be fired like a kiddo.  the plant life around her can control with easy. 

Bankai attainment:during a Trip to one of the many forest is the Soul Society. Rain came across an area of the forest that had for animal. Her zanpukto seen to be pull to the area were the plant were all animal like. Once inside the forest the sword came to life taking a human like form. After a day long battle rain manged to finally defeat her weapon.

Bankai: A massively huge tree.

Bankai powers: Creates a forest full of man eating plant that rain can freely control. The shikai form and it powers can still be used as a weapon.

If any wants to try to play rain's daughter Riku pm  me for more details.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

azzmeister89

I'm so in, i'll post a character sheet soon

Also would like to reserve position of squad two third seat

kingmaster1

Quote from: zenpai on March 18, 2013, 03:08:11 AM
This is an old rpc of mine

Name: Rain Kengi

Personality: On an emotion level she is cold and withdrawn. Thing like anger, rage, hate, lust, love and pain are the only emotion she understands. Also she is never feels bad about any choice she is forced to make. If forced to she would kill an innocent and feel no remorse. She openly treats Riku like a pawn to hide her love  for her. if any one ever hurt Riku, Rain would kill them in the slow painful way thinkable. 

Bio:motherly nature – she acts like a mother and give advice to younger people. Even putting bandage on scraped knees. The advice may be inappropriate for there age.

Refers people  to as plants. That she thinks matches there personalty.

Freely turns on/off the few emotions she has.

Tend to her green house.

Will do anything for a friend (if she think of them as friends)

Appearance:

Weapon name: Tree of Knowledge / Tree of knowledge of good and evil 

Release phrase:Grow forth and sin no more! /Drink from the crimson rivers and feast on their corpses!

Sealed appearance: Wooden training katana

Shikai appearance: 6 ft. wooden tri-tipped spear made of bamboo.

Shikai powers:She can change any and every plant in the the area in to a carnivorous man eater.  Solar energy can be used as a weapon.  the plant life around her can control with easy. 

Bankai: A massively huge tree.

Bankai powers: Creates a forest full of man eating plant that rain can freely control. The shikai form and it powers can still be used as a weapon.

If any wants to try to play rain's daughter Riku pm  me for more details.

Okay, I like her but just as clarification, she just doesn't disobey any orders from her commander? The wording confused me just a bit.

I have a few questions too:

You said she would do anything for a friend, but what if she was ordered to kill her friend? Would she go through with it? You'll have to clarify that.

Also, why does she have two different releases for her sword?

How does solar energy work as a weapon? Explain that just a bit more.

Also, she can't be lieutenant of squad 12, since that would be Nemu Kurotsuchi and I doubt Mayuri would allow someone to take her place. So, if you change her to third seat she'll be fine and accepted.

Hey, Azz, good to know you're in :-)

kingmaster1

kingmaster1

Rhaegar14

For the record, site policy states that you're not allowed to bump until it's been a month since the last substantive post.

That said, I'll express interest, although I've found that Bleach roleplays rarely/never get off the ground on E.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

kingmaster1

Really? Well, good to know then :P

Glad to have interest, I'm determined to get this off the ground and running, hopefully I can do it :-)

zenpai

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 18, 2013, 09:13:50 AM

Okay, I like her but just as clarification, she just doesn't disobey any orders from her commander? The wording confused me just a bit.

I have a few questions too:

You said she would do anything for a friend, but what if she was ordered to kill her friend? Would she go through with it? You'll have to clarify that.

Also, why does she have two different releases for her sword?

How does solar energy work as a weapon? Explain that just a bit more.

Also, she can't be lieutenant of squad 12, since that would be Nemu Kurotsuchi and I doubt Mayuri would allow someone to take her place. So, if you change her to third seat she'll be fine and accepted.

Hey, Azz, good to know you're in :-)
She has a very twisted back story. Her way of thinking is not normal by any means.

She is a logical person.  If there was a logical reason too she would disobey. It based on her logic.

If they were of no use to her she would kill them quickly. If she needed them she would wait tell after she get what she want. Once there of no use they die. she would never give away she's going to kill them.

she has a release for both he shiki and bankai. Rain's a botnest and her sword is a plant type. I would just put a tab for how she got her bankai.

the other stuff is an easy fix.

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

kingmaster1

Quote from: zenpai on March 18, 2013, 10:33:25 PM

She has a very twisted back story. Her way of thinking is not normal by any means.

She is a logical person.  If there was a logical reason too she would disobey. It based on her logic.

If they were of no use to her she would kill them quickly. If she needed them she would wait tell after she get what she want. Once there of no use they die. she would never give away she's going to kill them.

she has a release for both her shiki and bankai. Rain's a botanist and her sword is a plant type. I would just put a tab for how she got her bankai.

the other stuff is an easy fix.

Okay, thank you for clarifying that Zenpai :-)

She's approved then.

seekeroftruth22

azzmeister89

Quick question before i make a start on my character, can i have him as a part of the Shiba branch family?

kingmaster1

Mysterica

Well now...  I may just have to express some interest in this as well.  Let me get started.  I don't believe that a third seat for squad 6 has been called or ever been mentioned in the cannon.

kingmaster1

Hello, you are right, no squad six mentioned. Feel free to get to work on that ;)

Glad to have your interest ;D

kingmaster1

Mysterica

Sorry.  I'm kind of debating between a sixth squad member or a second squad member.  I'm also debating between a shadow zanpakuto or a lightning.

1SAZ

Name: Katsuo Shibata

Personality: Katsuo is an incredibly cheerful and vibrant shinigami, always seen with a smile on his face or laughing about something or another. He has been noted as one of the kindest captains in the Gotai 13, offering the men of his division more comforts than other divisions might, and regularly hosts parties for his fellow captains, even if they don't want them. However, this cheerfulness and happiness hide Katsuo's true nature as the master of fear, a shinigami who originally fought in the Onmitsukido. During his time in the Onmitsukido, his laughter echoed on any battlefield he was on, laughing at the pain and terror of those he struck down.

Since the loss of his eyesight in the traditional sense, he has tried his hardest to hide his true nature, going so far as to alter the form of his sealed zanpakuto and swearing off the use of his bankai unless it is absolutely necessary. When alone, he laments his time in the Onmitsukido, and hopes that one day he can finally repent for the sins of his past.

Bio: While there are shinigami that are still alive from the time before Katsuo became a captain, their numbers have been dwindling in recent years, and those left feel it is best not to speak of those times. Instead, Katsuo looks towards the future, happily training the next generation of shinigami in the ways of peacefully leading souls to the afterlife. He is often seen walking around seretei with the aid of his cane or sipping tea in his division's head quarters, and rarely turns down the company of his fellow Gotei 13 members. Since his division currently lacks a lieutenant, he has been looking for a replacement from the various divisions, often discussing the matter with the other captains in passing. Since the loss of his eyesight, he has been regarded by the lower ranks as the weakest of the captains, due to his handicap and his relatively pacifist nature, though they quickly realize this isn't the case if they ever see him sparing. Sparing is the only activity from his past that he still relish in, and is the only time his lust for battle reawakens normally.

Appearance:

Weapon name: Kaminari no Akuma (Thunder Demon)

Sealed appearance: Kaminari no Akuma takes the form of a katana in a shikomizue mounting. The wrapping on the hilt is a light blue silk, and on the shaft of the "cane" is a laughing demon's head with lightning coming from it's mouth. The wood of the cane is a dark blue lacquer. It's blade is straight with a single edge and rounds to a point on the back edge.

Shikai appearance: A mengu mouth covering in the form of a demon's mouth with bared teeth, clawed gauntlets and greaves, as well as a new form for his sword. His sword has a wide, solid blade that is two and a half feet long with a curved hilt wrapped in blue leather. When he says the word strike, the blade shortens while the hilt extends out to become a spear. The blade of the weapon arcs with blue lightning at all times

Shikai powers: Kaminari no Akuma transforms at the command of "Laugh", engaging it's shikai form. When transformed, Kaminari no Akuma has the ability to strike an opponent with fear. When struck by the blade of Kaminari no Akuma, an opponent's deepest fear is imprinted on the blade. When the blade is licked by the mask of the shikai, Katsuo can then control it, making it appear that what the person fears is what they are experiencing. While it is not impossible to overcome the powers of the shikai, it's effects are so real to those experiencing them, they rarely look past the faults in the illusion.

While it's illusory abilities are it's primary method of defense, it's offense is nothing to laugh at either. As Kaminari no Akuma is swung, it builds a greater and greater charge of electricity along the blade, stored within the hilt until Katsuo wishes to use it. The uses of this electricity can range from a bolt of lightning striking out from the tip of blade to increasing the force of each strike, to even stunning an opponent momentarily.

Bankai: Sandai Majin Warai (Laughing Thunder Demon); a Katana made of pure electricity in both of Katsuo's hands, his hands covered in a metalic, clawed gauntlet that extend up to his shoulders. His eyes are covered by a dark blue cloth blindfold while his mouth is covered by a sinister looking laughing demon mask. Hovering over his back are two rings, one inside the other, both spinning in opposite directions. The rings are constantly crackling with electricity, as are his eyes under the blindfold. Katsuo's uniform changes to have a light blue haori with a dark purple cloud pattern on the bottom.

Bankai powers: Whenever one is cut by Sandai Majin Warai, they hear a constant diabolical laughter ring in their ears, and see the mouth of the Katsuo's mask move as if making that laughter. The more they are cut, the louder the laughter becomes and the more demonic Katsuo appears, horns appearing to grow from his head made from lightning bolts, his eyes glowing through the blindfold with black instead of white and an impossible blue for irises. Each time the person is cut as well, they fear they feel towards Katsuo increases, though a true shinigami or well trained fighter can fight through this.

The true power of Sandai Majin Warai is in fact the spinning rings on Katsuo's back, creating an unlimited supply of electricity for Katsuo to focus through his gauntlets, which he usually uses to form his swords. This allows him to alter his strikes angle at a whim by dropping the electrical blade only to grab another out of thin air and continue his assault. This causes his fighting style to become a flurry of slashes. He can also cause the blades to explode in a burst of lightning.

Extra feature: Katsuo is physically blind after the death of his closest friend in the Onmitsukido at his own hand while being controlled by a hollow. The hollow took control of him using eyesight, and Katsuo electrocuted his own eyes using his zanpakuto to break the control. Since that time, Katsuo has learned to see in other ways, using sound and reiryoku. According to the fourth division, his eyesight should be fine, but he is still unable to see in the traditional sense, due to his reliance for so many years on his ability to see reiryoku in it's true form. This ability has also turned his eyes crimson.

kingmaster1

Well...damn, Saz....that's awesome....definitely accepted :P

Just one thing, I'll let him be the exception for captain because...he's awesome. But please label which squad you want. Also, ypu said he'd been around for a while, but an opening for captain just opened up. He could have beem a lower rank until now, though.

azzmeister89

Hey king sorry this is taking so long, i'll write up the post soon, just heading home from work

kingmaster1

All good, Azz. I'm just anxious to do this :P

Anyway, can I ask that people put their character profile in a spoiler? It's just...a quirk of mine

1SAZ

Sorry about that, I forgot about the no captain rank when I was writing him up since I went from an older version of the character updated to the current version. Him being a lieutenant until current time would also work, as it would have kept him under the radar for some time. Also, I did put which division I wanted him in, namely 13th. As for him being a lieutenant for the Spirit King only knows how long, I can explain that in the same way as Chojiro Sasakibe, and feeling a sense of duty towards serving his captain til the recent opening. Possibly the death of the previous captain?

Anyway, thanks so much for the compliment. I loved writing out Katsuo. Also, I see some hilarious moments happening if he ever goes to the human world. "I'M BLIND!" "You were blind before..." "I'M MORE BLIND!"

kingmaster1

Okay, guess I missed that then :P

Anyway, as previously stated I don't want someone knocking out a cannon character for their position, but I guess I can make an exception now and then...

Also, he couldn't have been lieutenant in squad thirteen and, if he were to be captain, he would need to take over squad 3 as they're the only ones still missing a captain at this point.

So, I guess we can cut out some lieutenants, but all the cannon captains should stay as they are.

And, just for those who aren't up to date, if people start discussing things, put it in spoilers if it's passed the arrancar arc, agreed? :P

(Think I covered all I needed to in this....)

1SAZ

Squad 3 has... Well, actually I should say the following in spoiler text. Damn!

Squad 3 has a captain as of current story lines, having been taken over by Rose. Same with 5 and 9 with Shinji and Kensei respectively. That said, I'd be fine bumping off Rose if that's the case.

Also, since you also want to keep lieutenants, I'll take 3rd seat, seeing as he has a bankai and people know about it. There's no way he would have been lower than that. But I digress.

So yeah, color me an idiot for not rereading as I was writing. :P

kingmaster1

Our story is set before all that.

I'm having this start right after the arrancar arc, so squad three is still without

1SAZ

Right-o. This is why Bleach timelines are so rough, the timing is a pain.

kingmaster1

yeah :P

I'm just muscling my way into their timeline with a point that seems possible.

So, squad five, nine, and three are open at this point (but filled by our characters)

1SAZ

kingmaster1

okay, just making sure.

Glad to have you and Katsuo aboard ;D

1SAZ

It's good to bring Katsuo back into the reaping business.

kingmaster1

yeah, I know that feeling. Senshin has been impatiently waiting for a while now :P

Rhaegar14

King, how many characters are you looking for to start?

As for my character, Mysterica and I have some idea overlap lol. I'm thinking he's Third Seat of either Squad 1 or Squad 2, and he wields either a storm or a "vampire" Zanpakutou (leaning towards vampire, but could change).
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

azzmeister89

Name: Tetsuya "Tetsu" Shiba

Personality: quiet and easy to forget, Tetsuya is gifted with an over whealming lack of presence that means unless he is someones direct focus of sight, it is very easy to loose track of him, the same could be said of his personality, his voice is very soft and quiet to the point where if he is in a situation where people don't know he's there, he has to call out loudly just to be heard. Tetsuya does get very passionate about protecting his friends however.

Bio: Tetsuya was one of the very few who were not born within the protected area's of the soul society. Instead he started his life in the wild lands that were far away from even the most savage of the Rukongai's districts.

His father had been a Lieutenant in the Gotei thirteen until he was exiled for accidentally stumbling onto research that could have reduced the Seireitei into rubble. As such Tetsuya was raised by his parents in a small camp of other wild dwellers who had all been forced from Society for one reason or another. Despite this, Tetsuya grew to be well mannered and gentle, the influence of several of his extended family caused him to have a positive outlook on there situation and for much of his childhood he was happy.

When he reached his early teens however, Disaster struck in the form of hollows who came and killed everything he knew and loved, the creatures had obviously been bored because they let him go with only one injury, a large gash on his head. The hollows chased him for days, finding fun in trapping him and then after jeering and laughing as he stood cornered they would just let him run again.

One day however, just as they were closing in on the 99th district of Rukongai's boarder, the hollows decided to end there game, trapping Tetsuya who was still heavily injured and planning to eat him. the last thing he remembered before blacking out were the death cries of the hollows and the sound of blades slicing through flesh along with the black robes fluttering in the wind.

although he never got to meet his rescuers, Tetsuya joined the acaademy the next year. his injury resulting in such a low presence and making almost impossible to detect his spiritual pressure that he went through the six years without issue or even notice, all his teachers struggling to remember where he sat or what he even looked like.

Tetsuya now serves in the second division as Soi Fon, the division's Captain is one of few people who can notice him without problem. Although she knows of his Shikai, she is yet to know he has been training for bankai.

Appearance: http://http://diemdenis.deviantart.com/art/Kuroko-Tetsuya-314635956

Rank: third seat of the second division and captain of the stealth forces third division who guard the maggots nest

Weapon name: blind side (jap version to come soon)

Sealed appearance: a basic Wakazashi with a white handel, it is plain in every way

Shikai appearance: in terms of physical appearance that sword does not change in shikai

Shikai powers: the swords ability is that it forces the opponants to focus there attention on anything but the sword, they struggle to look at it and this effectivly renders the sword invisable, although anyone with a high enough level could still fight by judging Tetsuya's movements, it would be harder to fight an invisable sword.

Bankai: *optional* the blade again looks the same, however now there are two and they are in the form of buster blade versions of a average katana and a wakazashi

Bankai powers: like with the shikai the bankai draws attention away, however the bankai draws attention away from both the user and the blade. This blade also has a few special techniques.

1.  Vanishing drive. By throwing the wakazashi away from himself, Tetsuya can then use it to pull himself to its location at a great speed that is faster then a shunpo.

2. Phantom shot.  The wakazashi can be linked onto the katana in a way that it looks like one blade. Using the base power of the sword it can be fire into the air unseen where it becomes inveloped in blue light and then fires off a barrage of kido daggers down at the opponant, when the barrage is over the wakazashi falls back to Tetsuya's hand.

3. Misdirection overflow. With this ability, Tetsuya is able to shut off his lack of presence totally, making it so that they cant take there eyes off him and become confused as they cant remember where he came from, this ability is best used in a fight where he has allies.

Extra feature: Tetsuya has a single bit of armour on his person, a shoulder plate on his right arm, the symbol for the stealth force etched into it by a skillful craftsman.

1SAZ

azz, if you don't mind my suggestion for the Jap translation, Shikaku means Blind Spot, which is close enough, and has that cool factor. I do love the ability of your Zanpakuto though. Truly interesting for a member of the Onmitsukido.

azzmeister89

Thanks 1SAZ i'm glad you like it, thank you for the suggestion i will have to use it. I based all of the Zanpactou abilities and the character himself of Kuroko Tetsuya from the anime Kuroko no Basket.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on March 24, 2013, 02:28:08 AM
King, how many characters are you looking for to start?

As for my character, Mysterica and I have some idea overlap lol. I'm thinking he's Third Seat of either Squad 1 or Squad 2, and he wields either a storm or a "vampire" Zanpakutou (leaning towards vampire, but could change).

I'd say squad 1, since third seat of squad 2 is taken now :P

Vampire sounds very interesting, I'd love to see that.

Very cool character Azz, and very interesting abilities. He kind of reminds me of the silence from Dr. Who :P
Definitely accepted when it's finished.

Prosak

Ok, King, just an idea. If your having trouble with a time line. Then maybe way after ANYTHING. As in, after Ichigo all together. If I am not mistaken the show is still going. So if being true of the over all plot is your goal, then after. Worst case scenario. Ends up soul sociaty dies. Wont happen though, since it's pretty much heaven.

Also, I thought I might add. I have NOT, watched past episode 300. Me and my brother, back when my twin and I were, 16. We were watching the show non stop, hardcore. Then, we were on ep 300. And I said these exact words.... "It... Is not done yet?" Oh, ya... I just couldnt devote myself any longer to a show that threatened to continue until long after the creators death.  The creator actually stated he wants this show to go on and on, even when he dies. See, that is the reason I stopped. I plan on watching it again. But 2 years later and I am just now, ready to get back into it. I am still sort of pooped out, but am trying to push my self for it. It's why I am here. Long story short. I dont care about spoilers, so dont just forgive me if I screw up, actually correct me. I at least know enough to know, Benkei, and true sword forms etc.

But hey, at least the show never made any bull shit recap episodes. Unlike naruto. Which has a recap episode every 3 or 4 episodes... Oh great, another one, cuss we sooooo need to be reminded what happened 4 episodes ago. Our weak american minds cant comprehend. :P

kingmaster1

yeah, I know what you mean.

But actually the manga is coming to an end. They announced it not long ago that we're nearing the final bleach arc. I'm sad about it, but hey, all good things must come to an end eventually *sad face*

Anyway, I think I'm fine with the timeline I have set up, it's not like we have to talk about things from the story, this is just an arc that shoved it's way in, almost like a filler arc :P

Prosak

Well, as long as people stop trying to cram in captains that need not be, we shouldn't worry on ruining canon. Ha ha. But, as for the show ending. I think I am the only one that can say this with a straight face. "Yes! Finally!" I agree, all good things should come to an end. At least at this point, I don't have to watch 2000 other episodes. Just 400 or so. Ha ha.... You know.... The creators of Bleach and Naruto our damned lucky we love their shows! If I didn't, I would have hunted them down and bitch slapped them by now. "You should have ended at the second arc you bitch!" *Slaps bleach creator.* "And you! Just kill sasuske already! End this charade!" *Bitch slaps.*

kingmaster1

I don't understand your distaste for this :P

Who makes a show for it to end after two seasons?

I'd prefer bleach to go on, I love it. As for Naruto...meh, I don't care too much :P

Prosak

Well, it is not a distaste, for shows that continue. If I love something I dont want it to end either. It is just I watched bleach non stop to the point of being tired, for a while. And naruto is just stuck on sasuske, and his fall into darkness. It isnt that I hate shows that go on.

kingmaster1

Prosak

Ya, basically. I plan on going on back to it. Trust me, if I had 'distaste.' I wouldn't be on this thing. And I wouldn't be a part of this conversation.  Lol, so ya I liked it, and am burnt. You try watching, or doing nothing but watching bleach. From episode 1, all the way to 300. That is mind shattering. Same can be said for anything. My parents ruined lost for me. They watched nothing but lost on net flix. Not only once, but twice in a row cuss they couldn't understand it the first time around.

Edit: In fact, let me put it this way. Better it ends now, with an actual ending. Rather then ending in the middle of an arc, cuss they lost writers, creator, or to many profits.

kingmaster1

I actually have done that :P

I normally record a bunch of episodes. My longest run is about episode 348 to 594 or something like that :P

Anyway, I understand.

I think I should make an OOC for these kinds of things and I'm thinking we should have... we have 7 people now...so 8 would be good, nice even number :P

Chasseybaby

So yo! I have my character done and need some input on how bad I made her >.<
Character sheet

Name: Chiasa Shouten (goes by Chi)

Personality: She is cute, innocent, and acts very much like a child, which is reinforced by the fact that she refers to herself in third-person. Chiasa's vocabulary, which contains a number of off the wall phrases or using words with a different meaning. Senshin Genkou assumes her and she has grown a fondness to her Captain since she first met him. She also seems to grow excited whenever he is around her and is a bit jealous of other women who are given his attention. Chiasa isn’t afraid to show her affection over Senshin openly, best-shown when she unexpectedly bear-hugged him or tackling him when she sees him. Though she knows they could never be together while in the soul society she is known more like a younger sister to him then his lieutenant.

Though when things are serious Chiasa is much more mature, composed, logical, sophisticated, and intelligent. She is also relatively level-headed in terms of how to fight, stating that if one's excuse for a battle is to fight out of hatred, prejudice, or simple competition, then the challenger look "childish" and "unworthy”. Chiasa is somewhat pacifistic, and has despised engaging in combat, unless it involves self-defense and protecting those dear to her heart. She refuses to finish off weaker or injured opponents, and will stop fighting them once they've been disabled or incapacitated.
Chiasa has shown to be relatively calm and silent when fighting, preferring to speak only when spoken to. She is even shown to enjoy reading, usually seen reading a book after her missions or after waiting for Senshin. She has also shown to be a loyal, respectful, and trustworthy warrior, who will diligently follow the orders of her Captain. She's also knowledgeable, analytical, and easygoing, fairly compassionate, humorous in her own way, and exhibits a cheerful, energetic demeanor when off-duty.

Bio: Born in Rukon District 78 Inuzuri, life was rather hard for her as a child. Many men had found her attractive and had abused her at a very young age. Years and years it went on for, so much that she stopped her pleas for help and underwent a state of no emotion. Finally, one day a shinigami had arrived on patrol to see if there was hollow attacks, and helped her escape. She never forgot his name, Senshin Genkou and vowed that one day she would become a shinigami like him. After years of self-training she joined the academy to further hone her abilities.

Her natural talent was noticed almost immediately, and it was Zanjutsu. After that she trained with her kidos, after learning her zanpakuto's names, Suiboku. After that she trained her Shunpo with her philosophy being 'if they can't catch me then I can’t lose'. The training had changed her, spending time with her Senshin brought back a childlike personality she never got to experience in her past, but also maturing her into the leader she knew she could be. When she graduated she was in the highest class, making her lieutenant material. That was exactly what happened, she became the lieutenant of Squad 9 Captain, Senshin Genkou. She was so excited to finally have her name known, as well as finally having the ability to fight alongside her personal hero and saver. Chiasa adores her captains’ lighter personality and tolerates his darker one because she feels it makes him who he is as a shinigami. But she feels mistreated and unimportant when his darker side takes over bring her back feelings of how men treated her when she was in Rukongai , drinking excessively, lusting over women, and pushing others below him, but she stays with him none the less because she is wholeheartedly devoted to him.

Appearance:

Weapon name: Suiboku

Release phrase: Brush away this evil, Suiboku.

Sealed appearance: A set of Daishō swords. One a long black bladed katana and simple handed wakizashi.

Shikai appearance: Once released her katana’s blade is streaked with red lines.
Pic:

Shikai powers: When released she is able to control a black aura around herself to attack and also covers her and her swords. She uses this black ink as a tool in her fighting style and also to push power into her attacks.

Bankai: Her katana transforms into a heavy decorative ornate cleaver that she wields with little to no effort. 
Pic:

Bankai powers: Just like her original sword she controls the black aura around her but is stronger and faster. She also may changes the surrounding area as well into an inky darkness, where she may surprise attack and shield herself from her enemies. If an opponent comes into contact with her ink while in her Bankai form their body becomes paralyzed and lose their eyesight for a short while in the darkness that she creates.

Pic: When she uses her Bankai form she also transforms.

Extra feature:
Chiasa has a great deal of experience in fighting, showing hardly any effort in her advanced use of swordsmanship. Her body flows elegantly when engaging in combat, so finely tuned that she can stop her attacks at a moment's notice, and subsequently execute lethal attacks with absolute precision.
Even without the aid of her Zanpakutō, Chiasa has shown herself to be quite a skilled fighter. She also used her swordsmanship in conjunction with her hand-to-hand combat skills.
She has increased speed and is very agile and flexible in all her forms.

kingmaster1

okay, so I think one more will work before we get started, as long as you guys waiting put your characters up :P

azzmeister89

Jubei!!!! i love samurai girls -has the dvd- i think Tetsu is going to be in love

kingmaster1

Chasseybaby

*tackles Senshin* Onii-chan! *Hugs him to her in a bear hug* Chi missed her Onii-chan! Did you bring me a present?

*waves a t azz* I love them too ^^ Tetsu will have to get passed Chi's captain :P

Prosak

Hey Chesey, she is a great character. Although I had to read her twice, and heres why. 1) I did not understand her, the first time. Do to, you accidentally missing 's, on a few sentences. 2) I thought my page loaded weird, but it seems one of your pictures in the bottom, is not showing. Her transformation, when she uses her Bankei. So if it is important that people know what it looks like, you may want to remedy that. But ya, I like cutesy characters. And, I like how she will be more serious in battle. A common issue cute characters face, is shutting off their hyperactivity, when facing danger.

kingmaster1

Prosak

Wow, that is weird. Now that I am on my computer it works. It just did not on my phone. Wow, weird.

Mysterica

character sheet
Name: Yuri Kobayakawa

Personality: Yuri tends to be a rather happy go lucky girl.  She cares little for issues that don't interest her, and instead saves all her attention to the few things that she is interested in, the main focus of her attention being the multitude of beautiful women in Soul Society.  Completely contrary to the amount of attention given to the lovely ladies of the court, she tends to treat most of the men with a cool indifference.

Bio: Yuri, during her off time, is often seen by all, but certainly never expected.  She wanders around to her leisure, often looking for a new pretty face to flirt with.  She frequently drinks, but seldom partakes by herself, finding that an inebriated target is often more likely to be willing to experiment.

When not on the hunt, Yuri can often be found in the sixth division barracks either practicing her martial skills or in her room drawing comic books.

Appearance:

Weapon name: Kage-Maru

Sealed appearance: Normal katana

Shikai appearance:

Shikai powers: Can split Yuri's shadow into up to four clones of herself.  Neither the clones, nor Yuri cast shadows during this technique.  Clones have no true solidity save for Kage-Maru himself

Bankai:N/A

Well here is what is there so far I'm still rather debating just how I want to play her.  So many choices.  I will update her with who she really is after a short break.  I have a killer headache right now.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Prosak on March 24, 2013, 04:34:30 PM
Wow, that is weird. Now that I am on my computer it works. It just did not on my phone. Wow, weird.

Lol, I guess the picture is too big for your phone :P

She seems promising Mysterica, I'm looking forward to it ;D

Chasseybaby

Thank you Prosak for your advice.
A lot of pictures do that on my phone too on E.  :P

Mysterica! Im excited to see how your character will turn out! ^^

seekeroftruth22

i love all the characters every one is making! this is going to be a great game once it is set up. also if some one is interested in being lieutenant of squad 5 i might be interested, we can make momo a third seat.

azzmeister89

quick question, i'm planing on having a old head injury as the reason why Tetsuya has such a lack of presence and almost undetectable spiritual pressure so i imagine someone would have to had healed him at some point in order to discover his potential otherwise he would never had gotten into the academy.

anyone like to fill that role?

seekeroftruth22

Quote from: azzmeister89 on March 24, 2013, 05:23:24 PM
quick question, i'm planing on having a old head injury as the reason why Tetsuya has such a lack of presence and almost undetectable spiritual pressure so i imagine someone would have to had healed him at some point in order to discover his potential otherwise he would never had gotten into the academy.

anyone like to fill that role?

pretty much any one from squad 4 they are the healers of the soul society and heal with out presidence, friend, enemy or bystander they heal every one

kingmaster1

I'm proposing a simple dice battle system for the fights. I've never done this before, so please add input and make suggestions!

-Each fighter has 15HP to begin with. (Perhaps 10 instead? Will 15 take too long?)
--Considering a bonus to HP for fight victories, awarding an extra point or two to represent character strength growth.
--If a fighter loses all their HP, they are KO'd.

-Roll 2d20.
--1 is a critical miss, lose a turn.
--2 to 14 is a miss, opponent dodges or no effect.
--15 to 19 is a hit, opponent takes damage.
--20 is a critical hit, double damage and opponent is either knocked down or incapacitated

What do you guys think?

Rhaegar14

I think dice battles would be kind of lame and against the spirit of Bleach. We're talking about a franchise where the main character and others routinely win fights through sheer force of will.

seekeroftruth22

well Rhaegar we wont be invincible, if me, a captain, went up againt a regual squad member we all know who would win but lets say me and King fought, we would litteratly destroy the universe if we didnt have some way of losing

kingmaster1

yeah, so it's just so everyone has the equal opportunity to win or lose.

No one won every single time in the show, there was always some reason they lost no matter what it might have been.

If someone has a suggestion I'd like to hear it

Rhaegar14

I'm not saying anyone should be able to always win. I'm just saying, boiling Bleach fights down to an unweighted d20 roll is against the tone of the setting in my opinion.

And to point out the flaw in the specific system you suggested, kingmaster, using seeker's example, yes, a Captain should win against a random mook without Bankai. But with an unweighted d20 roll determining how battles turn out? It comes down solely to luck. The random hollows Ichigo was fighting before the Soul Society arc could take down a Captain using that system (though obviously it probably wouldn't be in effect in that scenario).

azzmeister89

would it not just be easier for everyone to agree not to write there characters doing anything stupid? if two characters are fighting then perhaps the other players can observe and make sure the fight is fare. obviously a captain would win most fights against third seats and below, unless the opponent got lucky, but it is doable without a dice system

kingmaster1

okay, so, just free form then?

No real system for the fight other than people deciding on who wins prior to the end?

If that's the case I'll probably contact people before the fight and tell them the immediate plan, would everyone be okay with their character loosing every now and then?

Of course they would win as well but I don't want someone complaining about a lost fight when it was unavoidable.

How about this? For fights between stronger people, namely against the main villains who are very powerful. We use the dice rolling?

That seems fair, right?

Rhaegar14

Yeah, I do agree that deciding on who should win a fight beforehand, either because of logic or because it serves the story better for that person to win, is probably a good plan. Especially with how hard it can be to bring people down in a freeform Bleach roleplay without this sort of agreement.

kingmaster1

How about this? For fights between stronger people, namely against the main villains who are very powerful. We use the dice rolling?

That seems fair, right?

For something like sparring, there's no real winner so I'll let you all flip a coin or something. For small hollows, I believe they would be destroyed quite easily.

azzmeister89

sounds fair, also i put a picture and basic history on my character sheet

kingmaster1

Rhaegar14

Chasseybaby

Rhaegar14

Do you know how the word Nosferatu would look spelled with a Japanese pronunciation? I can't think of the proper term for it, but things like supaida = spider, for example.

kingmaster1

Well, there is no word for Nosferatu in Japanese since...it's an English name.

But the words for vampire would be banpaia and kyuuketsuki

If that works *shrug*

Rhaegar14

Yeah, but I'm not looking for a translation, per se. Just how it would be pronounced in a Japanese-voiced anime, since even in the dub the Zanpakutou keep their Japanese names. I know how to use a translator and have a pretty good one; I roleplayed Naruto for years before I was on Elliquiy, and all of my custom Jutsu had Japanese names, though I can't promise anything about their grammatical correctness haha.

Still, I like calling it "Nosferatu" over "Vampire." More stylish. :-P

kingmaster1

Chasseybaby

I believe its the same, sorry I could be of more help but I mean i think Nosferatu is a pretty cool name d^^b

Marie Reynolds

I have an interest but I am not to good at playing shinigami would you allow quincies or full bringers even.

kingmaster1

Sorry, I'm gonna have to say no. Quincies aren't allowed in the soul society and full bringers are a ways off from the time period I have this set in.

Again, sorry

Prosak

Another vampire word, would be Kappa. Since they are the japanese creature closest to the vampire myth. These are humanoid creatures with bowls on their heads. Kappa die, if the water is ever emptied. They feed off of the blood of cattle. How they suck the blood will have a spoiler, for it is gross. They also befriended children, to trick them to come near the edge of the water. I wont say more since it gets weirder as it goes. "They do what to who with cucumbers?" No joke, read them at your own risk. Of sanity that is.

From the anus.

Any waaaaaay.

Marie Reynolds: If you want he can probably let you be a bad guy. If your not into playing a regular shinigami. That way, no real rules or such to, run your characters life by.

kingmaster1

yeah, a quincy enemy would be fine. But again the full bringers would be waaaaaay too powerful for this time period :P

Marie Reynolds

No Problem. I would love to discuss taking on the role of a quincy Villian may i message you so we can discuss the details.

kingmaster1

Okay, I guess that means we have as many people as we need...I'll make an OOC thread soon and a character thread for everyone to post in. So, when people finish their character, just put it there :P

kingmaster1