The Long Voyage (Sci-fi, F seeking multiple M)

Started by Teo Torriatte, April 27, 2014, 11:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teo Torriatte

The deep space exploration ship Venus II was launched with a five year mission to seek out habitable planets. It was also an experiment to see how the crew would hold up over the course of such a long time in space. The intent was for the ship to be crewed by to men and two women, and to make every attempt and sexual compatibility between the four of them.. after all, five years was a long time and such things needed to be taken into account.

However, due to a serious break down in communications between the various departments, only one woman was ready for the mission by the time it was nearing to launch, and the launch window was such that they couldn't wait for the any of the other female candidates to get up to speed. Nor could they launch the Venus II with anyone who hadn't been fully and properly trained. So they had no choice but to go ahead with only the one woman, along with the two(or three) men who had also been training to undergo the deep space mission.

I am going to play the lone female, a woman named Glacia who is somewhat of a scientific prodigy. Not only is she fairly young for an astronaut, but with modern medicine she appears to be about eighteen years old, even though she is in fact in her late twenties. She is nervous about being the only woman on board, she knows that there could be some competing for her attention, and she is convinced that the best way to make the situation work for any protracted length of time is for the whole crew to become comfortable with sleeping together.

It doesn't matter to me what the other players' genders are, but for the characters I am looking for them to be male... they can be straight or bisexual, as long as they are willing to share Glacia with one or two other men in the same bed. When I get a few interested players, we can discuss how much we want to try to focus on any non-sexual aspects of the story as well.

aladdinlamp

Ontan

Definitely interested, though I have a couple of questions:

1) Is it newbie friendly? There’s no wrong answer, incidentally – I know all forums have teething issues with new members, so I won’t take it personally if this is a problem.

2) At risk of asking an atrociously vague question, what vibe were you were aiming for with the story? Obviously it's in space and there’ll be some sex scenes, but in general were you hoping for a romance story, a drama, fast paced action, sprawling epic…? I realise we’re not writing a book or anything, but I want to make sure I’m on the same page as everyone else  :-)

SheerFantasia

Potentially quite interesting, and I'd like to throw my interest.  Like Ontan, I'd be interested in knowing what direction you'd like the story to be moving in.

Other than that, I'm in for an engineering position on board the ship  ;D

Oliander

Interesting. Do you have a character sheet you want made or do you just want us to put something together? Also, any specific positions you want filled? Crew positions that is.  :-)

Teo Torriatte

Ok looks like we definitely have enough players for this. I was originally going to cap it at three other crew members, but we can go with four if you guys think it won't get too crowded.

I'll be back in a few hours to answer the posts more directly, just wanted to make it clear that I'm not looking for any more players besides the ones that already posted in here.

Teo Torriatte

Okies, delving a little deeper...

I never look at how long someone has been here before deciding whether or not to play with them. So yes I would say this game is newbie friendly, insofar as it even takes such into account.

And the other question is a very good one. Yes we are in space, we could also land on planets here and there, take surveys, get into some trouble. My initial intention is to focus pretty heavily on the romance aspects, but I think that some action and adventure would go very nicely with that and could serve to bring the crew even closer together.

I am also definitely open to see what you guys want to do with the story as well.

I didn't really have a sheet in mind, just some basic stuff like appearance(and/or a pic), a bit about personality and background, his attitude and/or concerns regarding the current situation, stuff like that.

For positions, it would be nice to have an idea of what  you want your characters' primary role to be on the ship. Glacia will be the biologist and maybe also the dietitian and primary cook.

Oliander

I could go with the pilot. Someone has to make sure they don't get lost out there. I'll post character details later tonight once I've come up with something.

SheerFantasia

Sounds great.  As before, an engineering post for my character.  I'll flesh out the details when I get a little more time later.

Ontan

Looks like you have a pretty full roster, so I’ll withdraw from the thread for the time being. Still, if spot opens up during the story (from player attrition, etc.) let me know and I’ll happily invent a reason for my character to make an appearance. Failing that, I still look forward to reading the thread when it gets started   ;)

Teo Torriatte

Awww alrighties. It was a little crowded but I was definitely willing to go with everyone.

So that still leaves three other crew members, though. We have a biologist, an engineer and a pilot.

Aladdinlamp, I hope you are still interested? What would you like your character's main function on the ship to be?

Does anyone have any hopes or concerns they wish to express regarding what else you want to focus on besides the romance?

SheerFantasia

For myself, given the the minimal crew members, I'm sort of reminded of old classics such as Lost in Space (1998) and Ulysses 31 for possible plot inspirations - so perhaps some action, exploration, and mysteries of the universe revealed?

Possibly there are also secret missions each crew member has been assigned in addition to the standard mission?  Just tossing ideas around at this point without committing anything yet.

aladdinlamp

I will be happy with some kind of science officer job. Responsible for the physics related exploration.
But can play something else if it fits better the rp.
Luna: I guess as biologist your character will be the medic also.
Maybe the other missing thing is some kind of security/weapons guy. Especially if the ship is supposed to land on different planets. I can go with that if it looks more important to the group.

We probably can go without a captain assuming that the future is more democratic.