Infestation (Starcraft RP)

Started by Rachubka, August 02, 2010, 07:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acid Lips

LOL yea but I will still lurk around if you let me

Question Mark

Maybe the wraith gets shot down right away?  Kind negates the whole wraith pilot thing, but at least his character is with everyone else's.

Writersblockade

Are we going to be in an environment where a pilot can survive without armor? Because that could work...wouldn't like their chances on the ground lol, but it could work.

@Aiden - Good song! I have one that I love to listen to when I'm playing the Terran Marines

Blue Oyster Cult: Veteran of the Psychic Wars
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Rachubka

Silly Question Mark... you ruined my exciting intro to the danger of the RP.

i h8 u

Just kidding.

JerichoMyers

Maybe I can improve my role play skillage by reading your posts. You guys seem very experienced and pro after reading some of those intro posts.

Writersblockade

Don't worry about it too much, Jericho. We all have our different styles of writing, and I'm sure yours will change over time, just like mine.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Rachubka

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78192.0

Character / OOC thread! Don't post in it yet, though. Just bookmark it or something so you have it! I'm going to try and make something fancy for the Character Thread.

Actually, everyone just post their characters over. If those that don't have pictures it would be neat if you could get one or two! Helps for my fancy idea.

Ironwolf85

is this still open?
I'm torn between playing terran or trying zerg if they're somehow availible
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Writersblockade

Wouldn't you want to play a nice, battle-weary ex-marine-turned-pacifist medic? That's got RP gold written all over it! You heard it here first!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Ironwolf85

nah. maybe medic tired of seeing good marines die. a medic in heavy marine armor, carrying a reaper pistol in one hand and a medikit in the other
"GET AWAY FROM MY PATENT!" BAM BAM BAM *sound zerg screeching, and of medical saw revving, sound of Hydralisk dying*

could be fun XD

or try playing a unique zerg or somthing, I'm always up for new roles
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Rachubka

Zerg... no, not so much. Again, would entirely defeat the purpose of the RP.

Ironwolf85

that's why I thought of the Medic as well

Rachubka

If there was to be a medic, I'd rather he/she be more... traditional.

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Question Mark

Quote from: Rachubka on August 06, 2010, 11:21:57 PM
Zerg... no, not so much. Again, would entirely defeat the purpose of the RP.

That's what makes non-traditional characters so much fun!  They come right out of left field, all new and interesting.  Like Richard; he's a nervous, clumsy, and implied cowardly pilot.  Right off the get-go I like him because he feels more realistic than any cigar chomping, hard as steel, bravado filled military man.

>.>

<.<

*silently sulks back to the corner futon and lights a bowl* 

JerichoMyers

I'll take that as a compliment. :)

Ironwolf85

I like playing a diffrent and unique character.
no sense in being the same badass marine we always see...
or the same pascifist medic.
or psychotic firebat
if I'm gonna play a medic I'm gonna at least have him armed with a reaper pistol!

my favorite preview clip from Red Alert 3 is the soviet engineer.
Yes I mean that slow, fat guy in the overalls who looks like a russian mario.

Another engineer runs for a building to capture it and there's no way this out of shape professor turned engineer can keep up, he just sighs, pulls out an old revolver, shoots the other engineer in the back, then waddles over, and takes the building.

so of course I had the idea of a terran medic walking behind the marines and in the migddle of the fight having some stray zergling unbury and rush him, he just whips around and pops it with a pistol and goes back to work...

Writersblockade

*smiles* Medics  are armed too, at least in this military. I think the focus on them not fighting was a class system thing on the game, least you have a shitload of medics who fight and heal at the same damn time. Nightmaaaaare! Anyway, I would think that a medic with small arms would be doable, right folks?
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Ironwolf85

true. most games balance it with the medic or engineer having low damage or low hp on their own, in most games they have to hide in a building or behind a barracade to be effective.
maybe for my medic his armor is less protective because of all the medical stuff in it, sure he can take burst from an assault rifile, but that's about his limit.

Rachubka

I know it makes perfect sense, but I'd RATHER not. Pacifist Medic, no, I'm not looking for that, but I'd prefer that there is some sort of dynamic to the squad.  If everyone is packing heat, it's not exactly the most exciting thing when the squad is surrounded by 'something'. I'm not saying Zerg, yet. :P

Small arms are perfectly fine. If I were to be a medic a SIDEARM is to be expected. I believe Acid Lips had a sidearm when she applied for it. I'm not expecting the role of a medic in this RP to be similar to that of the game with a mysterious healing beam of amazing. Wounds are going to take time to heal and without being in the right environment, things can get complicated.

With a medic that you described, that sort of goes against what I was thinking. If everyone is against me on this then I'll gladly have you on as a medic that's running about with a medical saw and a gauss pistol, ripping 'stuff' up.

Ironwolf85

I knew the first medic idea wasn't going to take off but I had to start somewhere.
the medi saw might be a last resort if forced into hand to hand, it'd probably get clogged with monsterbitz if used like that anyway. but the idea of a terrified medic screaming in terror, driving it into a monster's and goo splattering everywhere.
priceless...

Rachubka

I wouldn't say priceless... but colourful, sure.

If you'd like to be the medic, feel free to fill out a character sheet. There is also the idea of being an SCV pilot that would go along with your thoughts of a medic. Someone who wants to desperately be something like a marine and such but couldn't for whatever reason. On the field, the pilots of vehicles may not have the luxury that they do on the battlecruiser and repairs will be needed. We still lack an engineer, so SCV could be neat.

Ironwolf85

(I'm making 2 profiles... one for Quinn as a medic and another as an SCV engineer)
Name & Rank: Armartis Quinn, Doctor, offically a civilan.
Class: Medic
Equipment: Standard medical kit includes medi-gelto speed the healing process, this will close a wound, but not remove the bullet inside it good for quick heals. medical chain blade attached to wrist for cutting open armor in emergency. standard white medical armor, emergency stimpacks, backup first aid kit just in case. He also carries a Reaper 24 automatic pistol, predicesor to the leathal Reaper 24 SMG used in the second game. though he's a good shot with it, he's never fired it in anger before. he's also got a few flashbangs just in case.
(this is before brood war, when the UED medics introdouce speedy laser surgery)
Physical Description: 6'1 tan skin, blonde hair, blue eyes, clean shaven.
Vehicle / Armour Description: this is before medics see widespread use in warfare in this sector. As such Quinn is mostly dressed in rekitted marine armor painted white, with some of the plates removed to make way for medical attachments. However to represent his gender (as male medics are uncommon) in place of the red cross his symbol are blue medical symbols spraypainted on the sholders.
Personality: smart, cool, almost cold. this is a professional mask, and it will crack under combat stress. Quinn is simply just not used to bullets flying around him.
Bio: unlike his marine counterparts, Dr. Armitus Quinn is one of the first terrans to become a field medic. it is normally traditional to simply replace marines lost in the line of duty or drag the injuted back to get fixed up back at camp, but for this mission that is not possible. So the down on his luck doctor found himself chasing his paycheck into this mission, and right into a suit of armor. Quinn was a member of a prominent family, even going to collage and becoming a doctor. he fell hard when his clinic stopped recieving donations the wealthy son did not realize "non-profit" means eating instant-noodles every night.
now he finds himself working his way out of debt, and nothing pays better than war...

Writersblockade

So you mean symbols like this?

Or something like this?
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

Geradine

as an opinion, i think it's most likely the second one. it's something that can be easily stenciled on.
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.