「MOON PRIDE」(Interest Check)

Started by Saphir, December 14, 2014, 03:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiraMirror

On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

ReijiTabibito

Guys?  Does Thunder have an opposing element?  It's not like Fire and Water, or Light and Darkness...

SweetSerenade

Is there anything that can truly disperse Lightning ?I think uhh... Earth? XD because it disperses it and stuff like that... or Rubber... XD I dunno

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

MiraMirror

Suddenly, a youma that urges safe sex, covered in condoms. :| Oh no, her worst nightmare!

Saphir

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on December 18, 2014, 09:44:14 PM
Guys?  Does Thunder have an opposing element?  It's not like Fire and Water, or Light and Darkness...

Not that I can think of....Don't forget Jupiter also has power over the wood element....so Fire would be a weakness to that.

Angie

Well, in a lot of Japanese fiction, Lightning is considered a "holy" element, meaning that pure darkness/Shadow works as it's opposite. This is also why Lightning opposes Shadow in Chrono Trigger-Holy versus Darkness.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

SweetSerenade

That sounds plausible.... I think XD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Saphir

Classify the Senshi & Knights by pokemon types...

Moon- Fairy Type
Venus- Metal/Fairy Type
Mars- Fire/Psychic Type
Mercury- Water/Ice Type
Jupiter- Electric/Grass Type
Uranus- Flying Type
Neptune- Water/Psychic Type
Pluto -Dark Type
Saturn- Dark Type

...Well going by that logic, Earth/Ground trumps Thunder.

Ember Star

Quote from: SweetSerenade on December 18, 2014, 09:51:19 PM
Is there anything that can truly disperse Lightning ?I think uhh... Earth? XD because it disperses it and stuff like that... or Rubber... XD I dunno
Earth "would" be the best answer to this. It can "ground it out" so to speak.
Quote from: Saphir on December 18, 2014, 09:55:30 PM
Not that I can think of....Don't forget Jupiter also has power over the wood element....so Fire would be a weakness to that.
which makes this combination all the more curious. However, it is not the flora side of the earth element, but rather the rock/dirt side that can counter it. In addition, it is a very unpredictable and dangerous element to manipulate. While that isn't a "element" weakness, it is one that usually comes into play.

Sorry... I play a lot of lightning/electricity powered characters. It, ice, and water are my favorite elements to use.

Also... call me crazy if you please, but pokemon type strengths and weaknesses are fairly accurate and actually make a good reference for elemental plays.

Quote from: Saphir on December 18, 2014, 10:03:49 PM
Classify the Senshi & Knights by pokemon types...

Moon- Fairy Type
Venus- Metal/Fairy Type
Mars- Fire/Psychic Type
Mercury- Water/Ice Type
Jupiter- Electric/Grass Type
Uranus- Flying Type
Neptune- Water/Psychic Type
Pluto -Dark Type
Saturn- Dark Type

...Well going by that logic, Earth/Ground trumps Thunder.

Ahhhh good to know there's a like-minded person here.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Karasu

Quote from: SweetSerenade on December 18, 2014, 08:06:58 PM
Trust me, I have seen worse. If the Gms are ok with it, and you want - I can help you figure out how to work a little more on your profile? Teach you some of my tricks of the trade... so you can feel more confident in yourself and your profiles. :D

Whether or not you get the position, at least you'll have a new skill?

Thanks Sweet.. I'd really appriciate the help. Who knows.. if I don't get the senshi.. I could at least TRY doing a general.. I can do an enigma type of character fairly well.. I think..
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

MiraMirror

I wonder what the Sailor Moon version of Poison and Steel would be...Hrm.

Angie

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on December 18, 2014, 10:46:36 PM
I wonder what the Sailor Moon version of Poison and Steel would be...Hrm.

I dunno...Poison would likely be an 'evil' thing, and Steel would be...well, it's what my bike's made of...

MiraMirror

Keep your heathen bike away from me! *Hissssssssssssss*

Angie

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on December 18, 2014, 10:48:04 PM
Keep your heathen bike away from me! *Hissssssssssssss*

But...the Fireball loves you...

Also, if I ever get a chance, I'm going to be building crazier stuff for the Senshi. Like a tank. Or an airship. Can you say MAD SCIENTIST?!

MiraMirror

So I think it'd be hilarious to take the "Steel weakness" to the logical extreme. Miyuki can no longer drive anything...even a simple bicycle. It burns her skin.

Angie

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on December 18, 2014, 10:51:53 PM
So I think it'd be hilarious to take the "Steel weakness" to the logical extreme. Miyuki can no longer drive anything...even a simple bicycle. It burns her skin.

In a more comedic game, maybe. But even in Pokemon, some of them can learn moves that they'd be weak to.

MiraMirror

True. =w=  This is just me thinking about what those weaknesses would mean in such a game. Poison, I imagine, would be...well, poisons. Potentially ingested/inhaled things, I dunno. Steel...Well, steel hurts flesh regardless. >.>

Ember Star

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on December 18, 2014, 09:00:49 PM
Er...but you more or less said you were submitting a general on the first page. :x

Edit for Reiji: Use "
" around the image tags. (Use a slash before the second floatright)

Alternatively, just click "Quote" and copy the code for it. =p
Because nobody answers and I'm feeling helpful ...

-floatright]-img padding=10]image link-/img]-/floatright]

Replace hyphens with appropriate brackets.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

MiraMirror

I tried to answer. >:c I just didn't think to replace the brackets with a hyphen, but I figured quoting would be just as easy, since it shows the code.

Ember Star

I quoted the wrong thing anyhow. Lol

Angie

Oh here let me do it:

[float=right][img]Image URL here[/img][/float]

Options can be added to the image, like below.

[img height=200][/img]

This will resize the image so that the height is 200 pixels and the width is proportional. You can do it with width instead, but doing both tends to screw up the image. There's also an option of 'padding' but I have no clue what that does.

I'm awake now so I can do stuff.

Ember Star

Padding puts a space between the image and the text so the image isn't glued up against the text. Float images without padding make my RP OCD twitch. Lol.

Angie

Quote from: Ember Star on December 18, 2014, 11:13:26 PM
Padding puts a space between the image and the text so the image isn't glued up against the text. Float images without padding make my RP OCD twitch. Lol.

Oh! You should totally add, like, "padding=10" then.

ReijiTabibito

I'm not done yet, but I would appreciate some feedback from the game runners on how he looks so far.  Most of the major stuff is done, I just need to fill out the Knight end of things, I think.

Sessha

I'll try and see what I can add to his personality.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!