News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

[Scion: Hero] Recruitment Closed

Started by ererruz, February 11, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie Reynolds

Maybe Tsuki-Yomi poached a child of Amaterasu   to insult his sister and that is where this  Dark Mentor  aspect comes from?

Angie

Her goal is to make people better-and that is also her mother's goal as well. But while Amaterasu builds upon a person's strength, she concentrates on reducing and eliminating your weaknesses. I suppose "Dark Mentor" might not be an accurate reflection of what she does, there might be a better way of phrasing it.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Marie Reynolds

So actually hmm if you want to show people the negative aspects of themselves to make people self aware of flaws they need to work on maybe Izanami had some influence on that mentality.

Angie

I just figured I'd do something unique for a Sun Goddess Scion.

Marie Reynolds

Well if Izanami Poached a child of Amaretsu it could explain that  style of helping guide people.

Angie

I don't want Izanami. I want Amaterasu. I'm willing to rewrite the character if it means people will stop giving me suggestions for other Gods.

Marie Reynolds

Oh i was not trying to change your choice of gods, Just making the suggestion that Izanami stole you from Amateratsu. You would still gain birthrights like any other Child of Amatersu Just Izanami  would have guided you  and shaped the way you go about doing the work of an Amaterasu child to justify  the different approach. So i apologize if you thought i was trying to get you to change gods.

HairyHeretic

Here's who I would like to bring to the party ...

Name: Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez

Divine Parent: Manannan Mac Lir [Tuatha de Dannan]

Nature : Ramírez is a charming rogue, a gambler, a daredevil, entirely too fond of wine, women and song (preferably all the same time), but harbours an intense loyalty to his friends, and portrays himself as a rather unwilling knight in shining armour (though has never turned his back on a damsel in distress). Some would say the rough exterior he presents is something less than what hides beneath.

History: Ramírez was born into a wealthy cattle ranching family in Brazil. Growing up he was told his father had been a sailor, a captain whose ship was lost years before in the Devil's Triangle, though little was said and the topic quickly changed. As he grew older he caught snippits of conversations indicating his father had simply been a sailor that had seduced his mother and left, though such was never said to his face.

It seemed that the sea might claim him too, as he seemed always to feel it's pull, and at 17 he ran away from home, joining a merchant ship crew, determined to find his father, or what had happened to him.

Ten years later, he had sailed around a fair portion of the world, though most of the time was spent between the Bay of Bengal and the Sea of Japan. He had ended up involved in the grey markets, smuggling goods, information and occasionally people around South East Asia, with connections in what seemed like every port. He ran a few jobs for a Swiss businessman in Singapore, a collector of antiquities with an eye for strange, old bits and pieces.

Ramírez never knew quite what it was that he delivered that last time. Some odd statuette, whatever it was it seemed to produce unearthly excitement from his buyer. Unfortunately it also produced automatic pistols from the businessman's bodyguards, and his crew being systematically cut down. Ramírez himself went overboard from his vessel, two bullets in his back, the last word he heard werewolf.

Death did not claim him, as he sank into the dark water. Instead something seemed to explode within his head, a voice, or the memory of a voice, telling him that he was a son of the oceans, and the water would always be his. His head cleared and he found he could breathe as easily under the water as above it, and swim as fast as he could run. He made his way back to shore on Sentosa Island, a tall, bearded man stepping out the trees and introducing himself as his father.

The two spoke long into the night, and as the dawn sun rose, Ramírez found himself in a much stranger world than he had the day before. It wasn't easy to find out you were the son of an Irish sea-God, after all. Still, with his newfound knowledge and powers, he was in a much better position to take on these 'werewolves'. They started this ... he'd finish it.

He's been a Scion since the 1930s, was somewhat active in the run up to, and during, the Second World War, mostly fighting the Nazi Occult types, and quietly hunting for them after the war was over. Since that went quiet, he semi retired, spending a lot of time moving around South America and South East Asia. He's seeing more strange things cropping up in the world now, and knows that it's time to go active again.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Angie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 12, 2016, 02:00:36 PM
Oh i was not trying to change your choice of gods, Just making the suggestion that Izanami stole you from Amateratsu. You would still gain birthrights like any other Child of Amatersu Just Izanami  would have guided you  and shaped the way you go about doing the work of an Amaterasu child to justify  the different approach. So i apologize if you thought i was trying to get you to change gods.

Oh that makes far more sense. Actually, that slots right in with my idea of how her father and her don't get along. He might have shipped her off to some aunt he barely knew, turns out it's Izanami or one of her handmaidens rocking around in the mortal world. Since Amateratsu never gave consent to transfer Choko (my character) from her to Izanami, she's still a Scion of Amateratsu, but thanks to Izanami's influence, focused more on an idea of the harsh sun burning away imperfections. Amateratsu claims this was all according to plan, though whether she's being honest or is lying to save face, no one knows (Izanami sure as hell claims she's lying, Izanagi believes his wife, everyone else is undecided, even Tsuki-Yomi).

Thanks, that actually just pulled me out of my writer's block!

Marie Reynolds

Your Welcome, Again I apologize for not being clear with my explanation.I have made a poached child before so if you need any more ideas feel free to use me as a sounding board. Now if i can just figure out what i want to play.

Phaia

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 12, 2016, 12:04:21 PM
I'm interested. I put together a Tuatha scion a while back that I'd like to have a crack with. Makes a change from my usual Monkey Prince. :)

Nooo Its a Hairy type heretic!! Hey Hairy!

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Phaia on February 12, 2016, 02:38:55 PM
Nooo Its a Hairy type heretic!! Hey Hairy!

Pfff. It's a Scion game, you knew I was going to be here :P

How goes?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

VonDoom

I'll have to go into myself and figure out if I have enough time to participate properly in another game, but I had a concept for a Scion of Sun Wukong I've been wanting to try out. A very short summary of the idea, since I'm currently typing on my phone:

A real disappointment to his father. Never showed any signs of wild behavior or heroism, was instead a perfectly content office drone with a small, boring life. So in a rage, Sun Wukong goes to slay a dragon, takes the wild chaotic thing, and drives it under his son's skin. Now sporting full body dragon tattoo, he finds himself a changed man who can't be satisfied by his past life and awakens to his destiny.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

ererruz

Quote from: Arcannyx on February 12, 2016, 06:53:51 AM
Yes, it sounds like there's quite a few interested parties.  Not sure the planned size for this, but since the learning curve is probably the highest for me, if there's a lot of people I'll probably duck back out if needed.  New system + large group tends to go badly for me.

As I said: 4-6 players. I know I won't be able to handle more.

I'd also like to point out one thing:

QuoteEach player will represent a god or goddess from a different pantheon.

So the way I kind of wanted it was to have each player play a different pantheon Scion. Just pointing that out in case somebody missed it.

Quote from: Muse on February 12, 2016, 07:16:20 AM
  Okay so she's barely begun to be fleshed out. 

Yolanda "Yadi" Moreno

Raaised in Monterey, Mexico, Yolanda's father was a north american deity no longer actve.  Fairly well of, Yolanda got Artemis's attention because of her tendecy to go hunting with her grandfather on vacations.

I'm not too hot on adopted Scions without a good reason to do it (probably within the same pantheon, maybe between friends or rivals? there just has to be a good reason). I just can't accept Artemis being an altruistic goddess -- that's not her style. She is wild, vengeful, even petty. She can be fair, but she's not... good in a D&D sense of the term. So it doesn't make sense to me to see Artemis just sweep in and adopt Yadi without a very good reason/plan there. I'd also need to know more about her father -- who was he? Why isn't he active? Dead? Forgotten? Doesn't care?

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 12, 2016, 07:38:28 AM
Well i am excited to see what comes of this.So ererruz any plot elements or themes we should focus on as we put characters together?

You're free to create what you want. The characters will all be connected to one another through Fate because of their Visitations all happening at the same moment in time. I can however tell you that Fate, prophecies, embracing/denying one's destiny will be major themes (I know, not telling much!)

Quote from: Muse on February 12, 2016, 07:40:57 AM
(Ragnarock also has the Ice purview.  That one is awesome.)

Oh yes. I forgot the Frost Purview was also in Ragnarok.

Quote from: lockepick on February 12, 2016, 07:57:33 AM
@Arcannyx: I'm actually new to the system as well -- so you won't be the only one. I've played plenty of Exalted 2e and nWoD, and Scion is sort of the bastard child between them, but I've never actually played Scion.

@GM: I wasn't sure -- are we allowing content from any books besides Hero? Such as Ragnarok -- or if Demigod/God has any new Purviews?

Yes, you're free to use all books, but be warned that I've changed some Purviews, Boons or Knacks. I'll post my house rules today or tomorrow as I'm visiting my parents today so I might not have time to do that.

Demigod and God have no new Purviews. They do have Knacks, some of which you can use (if you meet the prerequisites).

Quote from: Angiejuusan on February 12, 2016, 11:39:09 AM
I'm going a little off the wall here-Scion of Amaterasu, but the idea is a "dark mentor" style-she shines a light on your failings so you can cast them off and become stronger. I know I'm dipping into Greek here, but "Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor."

An interesting concept. A very original approach to a Sun Goddess. I like it.

Quote from: HairyHeretic on February 12, 2016, 02:02:34 PM
Here's who I would like to bring to the party ...

Name: Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez

Divine Parent: Manannan Mac Lir [Tuatha de Dannan]

Nature : Ramírez is a charming rogue, a gambler, a daredevil, entirely too fond of wine, women and song (preferably all the same time), but harbours an intense loyalty to his friends, and portrays himself as a rather unwilling knight in shining armour (though has never turned his back on a damsel in distress). Some would say the rough exterior he presents is something less than what hides beneath.

History: Ramírez was born into a wealthy cattle ranching family in Brazil. Growing up he was told his father had been a sailor, a captain whose ship was lost years before in the Devil's Triangle, though little was said and the topic quickly changed. As he grew older he caught snippits of conversations indicating his father had simply been a sailor that had seduced his mother and left, though such was never said to his face.

It seemed that the sea might claim him too, as he seemed always to feel it's pull, and at 17 he ran away from home, joining a merchant ship crew, determined to find his father, or what had happened to him.

Ten years later, he had sailed around a fair portion of the world, though most of the time was spent between the Bay of Bengal and the Sea of Japan. He had ended up involved in the grey markets, smuggling goods, information and occasionally people around South East Asia, with connections in what seemed like every port. He ran a few jobs for a Swiss businessman in Singapore, a collector of antiquities with an eye for strange, old bits and pieces.

Ramírez never knew quite what it was that he delivered that last time. Some odd statuette, whatever it was it seemed to produce unearthly excitement from his buyer. Unfortunately it also produced automatic pistols from the businessman's bodyguards, and his crew being systematically cut down. Ramírez himself went overboard from his vessel, two bullets in his back, the last word he heard werewolf.

Death did not claim him, as he sank into the dark water. Instead something seemed to explode within his head, a voice, or the memory of a voice, telling him that he was a son of the oceans, and the water would always be his. His head cleared and he found he could breathe as easily under the water as above it, and swim as fast as he could run. He made his way back to shore on Sentosa Island, a tall, bearded man stepping out the trees and introducing himself as his father.

The two spoke long into the night, and as the dawn sun rose, Ramírez found himself in a much stranger world than he had the day before. It wasn't easy to find out you were the son of an Irish sea-God, after all. Still, with his newfound knowledge and powers, he was in a much better position to take on these 'werewolves'. They started this ... he'd finish it.

He's been a Scion since the 1930s, was somewhat active in the run up to, and during, the Second World War, mostly fighting the Nazi Occult types, and quietly hunting for them after the war was over. Since that went quiet, he semi retired, spending a lot of time moving around South America and South East Asia. He's seeing more strange things cropping up in the world now, and knows that it's time to go active again.

I like this guy. Every Band needs a charming rogue :-)  One thing, he is way too old and has been a Scion for too long. The game will start shortly after your characters' Visitations -- remember they all had their Visitations at the same time which linked their destinies in Fate (this is the basic premise of the plot).

Quote from: VonDoom on February 13, 2016, 01:52:07 AM
I'll have to go into myself and figure out if I have enough time to participate properly in another game, but I had a concept for a Scion of Sun Wukong I've been wanting to try out. A very short summary of the idea, since I'm currently typing on my phone:

A real disappointment to his father. Never showed any signs of wild behavior or heroism, was instead a perfectly content office drone with a small, boring life. So in a rage, Sun Wukong goes to slay a dragon, takes the wild chaotic thing, and drives it under his son's skin. Now sporting full body dragon tattoo, he finds himself a changed man who can't be satisfied by his past life and awakens to his destiny.

I love that concept. This is exactly the kind of thing I want in my game -- it's some real epic stuff!

Angie

Oh dear, Choko's almost done, should I stop and wait for the house rules?

EDIT: And by almost done, I mean "I just need to spend like 13 more bonus points cause I already paid 2 to get a neat extra Relic so I could use more cool powers".

ererruz

Quote from: Angiejuusan on February 13, 2016, 03:32:04 AM
Oh dear, Choko's almost done, should I stop and wait for the house rules?

EDIT: And by almost done, I mean "I just need to spend like 13 more bonus points cause I already paid 2 to get a neat extra Relic so I could use more cool powers".

You can go ahead but you might want to change something later on. Sorry for that!

As for bonus points, there's one rule I've got: you can't spend them for Epic Attributes or Boons. Since you're Legend 2, you already have 10 dots to distribute between Epic Attributes and Boons and honestly, that is quite enough.

Angie

That's fine, I had a f**king hard enough time finding 10 to buy.

ererruz

Quote from: Angiejuusan on February 13, 2016, 03:45:47 AM
That's fine, I had a f**king hard enough time finding 10 to buy.

I thought that might be the case! 10 is A LOT when you can only invest 1 dot.

Angie

I had to take a couple logical leaps in order to justify the point in Guardian, but well, why not? She can't help you get better if you get your arse cut off along the way.

Marie Reynolds

Well just want to see if anyone was planning on going A scion of Bastet and I do not want to step on anyone's toes.

@ererruz: Just a general query do you want any of the characters to possibly know each other before or after their visitations?

ererruz

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 13, 2016, 04:44:12 AM
Well just want to see if anyone was planning on going A scion of Bastet and I do not want to step on anyone's toes.

@ererruz: Just a general query do you want any of the characters to possibly know each other before or after their visitations?

If you want, they can, it's fine by me. But before, not after their visitations.

Posted house rules, some additional (or changed) Purviews and two new pantheons (the Slavic and the Mesopotamian).

HairyHeretic

Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 03:30:08 AM
I like this guy. Every Band needs a charming rogue :-)  One thing, he is way too old and has been a Scion for too long. The game will start shortly after your characters' Visitations -- remember they all had their Visitations at the same time which linked their destinies in Fate (this is the basic premise of the plot).

Hmm. I had thought of way of getting when he received his Visitation, but it might not gel with your linked destiny.

What I was thinking is he spent about 6 months to a year operating in South East Asia, crossing paths several times with a Nazi counterpart (maybe a corrupted Scion, or something similar) called Skorzeny. The two of them ended up facing off in an Atlantean ruin deep in the jungles of Burma. While fighting over a silver dagger (the Nazi wanted it badly, so that was reason enough to keep it out of his hands), they triggered some kind of stasis trap, that froze them in time for decades, until the modern day. The trap was thousands of years old, and was failing over time, the stasis sphere slowly collapsing. This meant that Skorzeny was released perhaps a year earlier than Ramirez, and hence has disappeared. He still wants the dagger, and to rebuild the Reich of course, and Ramirez still wants his head. Having a nemesis always adds something to a game :)

As for his link to the others, and their shared destiny ... Prophecy?

BTW, I'd like to suggest another house rule I've used in my own games that I don't think you have in yours. Let ePerception add to missile damage in the same way that eStrength does to melee (muscle powered missile weapons like spears or throwing knives could use one or the other, but not both). That way those who like the idea of the Gun Kata can have their ability to shine as much as the one with the big sword :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Cataclysmic Archangel

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: ererruz on February 13, 2016, 05:32:44 AM

Posted house rules, some additional (or changed) Purviews and two new pantheons (the Slavic and the Mesopotamian).

Begins rewriting his character sheet based on these changes.

Phaia

@ererrus- Couple of questions.
How long ago did you want to have our visitations? Should we have a history after the visit?
Reason I asked is my character- Selena- was a Vice Detective in the New Orleans PD. If the Visitation has been a while [at least 6 months] then she has left the department and works as a Private Detective.
Do you mind if a character owns a bar/club? well actaully it is owned by her father- Baron Samedi- through a half dozen companies but currently she basically claims it and runs it and may even have her name on the deed. [perhaps unknown to her]

I do have a suggestion for everyone. Since our characters are linked I was thinking maybe a theme of sorts in the visitation. I was gonna have it be raining and maybe in the bayou for Selena so my suggestion would be water somehow links out visitations.

Phaia

Phaia

This is what I have so far for the concept. I will finish her later today. I already have most of the mechanics worked out as well just need to polish her background and visitation [the visitation has rain, heroin and some sort of titan spawn and her corrupt cop Uncle Thomas]

Phaia

Name: Selena Marie Jeansonne
Calling: To unravel mysteries
Nature: Pedagogue
Sexual orientation: Heterosexual, with bisexual leanings
Pantheon: 'The Loa'
God: Baron Samedi
Nationality: USA- Cajun
Occupation: Formerly Vice Detectice New Orleans PD, Current Jazz singer/Private detective
Date of birth: March 21, 1989

Motivation: To unravel the mysteries she finds and learn as much as she can. Knowledge is power after all.
Deific goal: Goddess of Mysteries and Knowledge, Patron of the arts.
Height: 5'7'
Weight: 125 lbs
Hair colour: Black as the raven's wing
Eye colour: Hazel
Distinguishing features: Tattoo of left calf [see birthright], Tattoo on right shoulder of 3 music notes.
Appearance: Pale skin; slim build with long legs and full breasts; Sensual walk with smart sharp eyes that seem to see everything.
Face claim:
NSFW

Personality: Selena can be a contrast, there are times she is the wild child. Singing, drinking and having sex [sometimes at the same time], yet other times she is serious and intensely focused. She has a hard time trusting in people save for her half brother, mother and Papa Samedi and the Loa. Once she does trust someone she would go to the depths of the underworld to save that person. Smart, without the normal smart mouth, she laughs easily and loves to sing. She even has learned when not to talk so long it bores someone. She enjoys life now after almost dying. Knowledge or a mystrey is cat nip to her and will grab her attention.

Family: Mother- Lizbeth Jeansonne [widow] working as houdon priestess and social worker in New Orleans, Stepfather- Henri Jeansonne [NOPD Killed in line of duty 5/17/2007], Half brother- Mark Henri Jeansonne, college student at LSU, senior and being considered for the NFL
Friends and allies: John Smith- Bartender at 'Night Gallery', NOPD officer Betty Nixon, 'The Canal Boys' -a group of youngsters that loosely claim Canal Street as their ground to lift wallets and pull scams.
Rivals and enemies:
Thomas Jeansonne
William Jeansonne
Background:
Visitation:

Hobbies:
Fears and phobias:
ONs and OFFs: