Pocket Monster Stadium: Battle Island (System - PTU)

Started by eternaldarkness, June 06, 2015, 12:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx181

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 10, 2015, 12:00:54 PM
*Hugs fiercely* I knew that if I left tasty bait you two would be lured in :D

M'Asha needs some tweaking, but should be easy to update.

:) generally the most interesting personalities got left in as NPC's. I considered making all new ones but realized I could never outdo what you guys had already done.

Thanks for being so nice still, if your ever back on skype mind helping me make a new character maybe...

kckolbe

I think I am going to bow out.  Eternal, if you ever come up with rules for pokemon values, please let me know.  Best of luck everyone.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Premier

I thought Pokemorphs couldn't be Trainers.

Confused!

OyabunKobold

The way I understand it is if they have the RFID tag they can be Ill verify with ED when his wife is home and he has net

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Premier

It says even with the RFID tag they can't be Trainers in the OP sorry!

Probably why we're seeing a lot more humans this time round.  But on the up side making a Morph is super easy, no need to fiddle about with classes and that nonsense!

OyabunKobold

Eh Like I said Ill speak with ED about it lol.

This isnt the first rodeo with this particular PTU game with him and I which is why Im Trying to rehash the char I had in the last one. The last one on the other site died far too quickly and M`asha never got to see the light really.

If he says its a no go then Ill fiddle some stuff around and figure out what Ill do but the way he was talking before is he was fine with M`asha as is and she just needed updating from 1.04 to 1.05.

Thanks for the concern though :3 its the reason I left it here instead of putting it in the char thread to begin with ED and I need to talk before I go all ham lol.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

ShadowFox89

I'm pretty sure a large majority of us have played with ED in the previous game before :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

OyabunKobold

lol Probably Im not sure how many of the people i know have E accounts or whatnot XD

Lynx181

*looks over the blurb of the big man* while you cannot be a trainer it seems, I a curious if that bars you ever having pokemon under your wing, like a partner so to speak...you cant just fly solo forever...

OyabunKobold

If it is it is if it isnt it isnt Ill speak with ED about it next I see him. Till then Ill withdraw my application so as not to cause any ripples. Have fun y`all.

Vex

Hey there! Nice to meet'cha!

I know this is late and all, but by chance, is this game still open for new additions? It sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

I have a fair amount of experience with PTU, so it shouldn't be too difficult for me to get a character written up during the weekend, assuming you're interested. I was thinking about making a Loveable Rogue-type, a quick-witted thief who's prone to underhandedness, mind-games and trickery instead of brutality. Rogue and Provocateur classes, maybe with some Tumbler thrown in, maybe with a Zorua or Sneasel partner. It seems like a lot of fun in a sandbox setting where a major corporation with criminal roots rules the roost.

But, if you're feeling you've got more than you can handle at the moment and aren't looking for any late entrees, I can respect that. :-)

Edit: Whoops! Hadn't actually checked Sneasel out. Not an Underdog, so I couldn't pick that. Maybe a Murkrow or Meowth instead.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Vex on June 19, 2015, 04:19:09 PM
Hey there! Nice to meet'cha!

I know this is late and all, but by chance, is this game still open for new additions? It sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

I have a fair amount of experience with PTU, so it shouldn't be too difficult for me to get a character written up during the weekend, assuming you're interested. I was thinking about making a Loveable Rogue-type, a quick-witted thief who's prone to underhandedness, mind-games and trickery instead of brutality. Rogue and Provocateur classes, maybe with some Tumbler thrown in, maybe with a Zorua or Sneasel partner. It seems like a lot of fun in a sandbox setting where a major corporation with criminal roots rules the roost.

But, if you're feeling you've got more than you can handle at the moment and aren't looking for any late entrees, I can respect that. :-)

Edit: Whoops! Hadn't actually checked Sneasel out. Not an Underdog, so I couldn't pick that. Maybe a Murkrow or Meowth instead.

Certainly! Get your character made, as I intend to do a lot of posting over the weekend. I'll probably split people up into different threads based on what they want to do.

I'm in the process of packing my house to move, which is kicking my muses ass, but I haven't forgotten you guys.

Miroque

Vex

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 21, 2015, 02:05:17 AM
Certainly! Get your character made, as I intend to do a lot of posting over the weekend. I'll probably split people up into different threads based on what they want to do.

I'm in the process of packing my house to move, which is kicking my muses ass, but I haven't forgotten you guys.

Done! I hope you don't mind if I just threw it into the Character Sheet thread. I figured it would be easier to just post it there.

I still intend a background for Mika, and maybe a bit on her Pokemon Zoey as well, but I was hoping to leave that a little loose for now, so that we have some flexibility on where to start her off. I could see her as a freelance thief, but I could also see her working with a crime syndicate or even with Silph-Rocket Co, if it's a decent fit. Would you like me to send a PM to sort those out? Or would you prefer to discuss it in the OOC thread? Either way is fine by me!  ;D

Chaosfox

So I would love to do this and I have a couple of Ideas for a character but some wording in the  Researcher  Effect is conf using me

Effect: Choose two Researcher Fields of Study. You may take Features from those Fields with this instance of
Researcher. Gain one Feature from a chosen Researcher Field for which you qualify.

My question is do the the Feature mentioned  count towards the characters Total or is it a  bonus?
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Vex

Well, ED has been a little silent of late here. He said he's been busy, so you might need to hold onto the idea for a bit before he gets back to you.

But, from my reading of the base Researcher class feature, it seems to be a two-part effect.

1) You choose two Researcher Fields of Study. From now on, you have access to features from those field, if you qualify for them.

and

2) You instantly gain a Feature from one of the Researcher Fields you have chosen, for which you qualify.

So, yes, I'd say that counts as a bonus Feature. Besides, if it was just the first effect, that Feature wouldn't offer any bonus right away, only promises of more in the future, and I think the designers of the game wanted all Features to be usable and fun immediately. ED might rule differently, as is his right, but I'd think most people would agree that you've got a rare bonus Feature for it.

Chaosfox

I was thinking the same thing and I know that he has been busy  but wanted to go ahead and  get the question out there.  I figured it was better to have the question up then a  character already made and my thoughts not be correct.

Miroque

ED had some scene in mind for my pokemorph.. so Im still waitting him up.

eternaldarkness

I'm here, just away from my books and such and posting from my phone while I get moved and wait for internet to be installed. But let me answer some questions:

Quote from: Chaosfox on June 25, 2015, 10:01:11 PM
So I would love to do this and I have a couple of Ideas for a character but some wording in the  Researcher  Effect is conf using me

Effect: Choose two Researcher Fields of Study. You may take Features from those Fields with this instance of
Researcher. Gain one Feature from a chosen Researcher Field for which you qualify.

My question is do the the Feature mentioned  count towards the characters Total or is it a  bonus?

It's a bonus feature. As a rule I go by literal readings first, unless its obvious the intent was something else.

Chaosfox

OK thanks. So I have My Background Edges  And Features all done now... Just have to Do stats and then Filling that all out into a sheet... then Choosing My Pokemon......

ShadowFox89

Would anyone be interested in a 'morph? Still not entirely sure what to play, but I'm fairly certain Eternal won't let me play Rei :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheFourthShade

JoanieSappho

As am I. Any thoughts on what sort of morph you want to be? I would have definite interest in a fairy type ...

ShadowFox89

I could make a fairy-type morph... Mawile perhaps?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

JoanieSappho

I could definitely find uses for a Mawile. Insert innuendo here.
Do you want to have our characters meet ingame and play it out there, or start off already knowing each other, etc?