News:

Main Menu

Planetside 2

Started by SinXAzgard21, December 05, 2012, 01:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

So... I just downloaded and started playing was wondering if others wanted to play as well?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Brandon

I do, I play VS on Gerudine most but I also play TR on Waterson. Its a frustrating game though, on Gerudine I find that NC constantly likes to avoid any kind of fight. So we spend a ton of time capping points and by the time we grab something big like an amp station, bio lab, or tech lab we find ourselves cut off from the warpgate.

The fact that people are rewarded by NOT fighting is my second biggest gripe with the game. My first being the abyssmal job it does of teaching new players

That aside, its pretty solid. Even though it pretty much requires a group to be effective (which makes sense in the context of the game) I find that everything has a counter of some kind.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Ryven

What is this?  I must check it out.

Chris Brady

An FPS where you'll never win the map?  I'll pass, I can barely stomach first person games anymore.

Hope you guys have fun.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on December 06, 2012, 03:34:38 PM
What is this?  I must check it out.

So far it is pretty awesome, but you really need a group.  Soloing is a pain in the ass.

Chris Brady

I believe that the best key to use in ALL of PS2 is F11 (no snark), I think it's the auto 'join a squad' button.

It will automatically group you up and thus gain added survival.

It's a really smart design.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

HairyHeretic

Loyalty until Death.

I play TR on the Miller server (one of the EU ones).

And yes, playing with an organised outfit improves your game experience a lot.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Brandon

You know its interesting from my perspective how the three factions operate. The NC are all about freedom and Liberty, very much like many Americans are today. The TR want to unite the different factions into one people. Then there's us, the VS that want to unlock human potential through science and technology. Each faction has a really admiral philosophy driving them to fight however I just have a hard time figuring out why the TR and NC are so against the VS.

I get that the TR and NC has vastly differing philosophies that are about as polar opposite as opposite can be. However what I dont get is why they dont want to make use of VS discoveries. It seems to me if theres any middle ground in the war its with the VS

Also, and this is just a nitpick really, has anyone else noticed that every continent lacks a single fresh water source? Theres not a single lake or river on Indar, Esamir, or Amerish so far as I can tell
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

HairyHeretic

Not on Indar, maybe, but Esamir has at least one big frozen river, and I've run across a few bodies of open water on Amerish.

I would say that the VS aren't trusted because of their fascination with alien tech. They're losing sight of what it is to be human, and while they may see themselves as evolving, the other factions don't.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Brandon

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 07, 2012, 09:05:49 PMI would say that the VS aren't trusted because of their fascination with alien tech. They're losing sight of what it is to be human, and while they may see themselves as evolving, the other factions don't.

Considering I feel the same way about our society today I can understand that point of view. Although I still dont know why they wouldnt want hover tanks, guns with no bullet drop, and just the cool aesthetic

HairyHeretic

I'd say partly for the reasons above, partly because they seem a more conservative society and partly because this alien tech has already created one group of rebel scum, so why open the window to more :P

Cattle die, kinsmen die

NotoriusBEN

guh, you'd think purple would be the classier color here, but I guess not.
What's your name on Waterson, Brandon? I've probably shot you a few times :P
this is why I play Vanu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi1MW3iNTSc

SinXAzgard21

Please PM in game names to one another.

NotoriusBEN

Brandon

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on December 17, 2012, 06:41:15 PM
guh, you'd think purple would be the classier color here, but I guess not.
What's your name on Waterson, Brandon? I've probably shot you a few times :P
this is why I play Vanu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi1MW3iNTSc

Ive hardly played on Waterson over the last week or so. Ive been focusing on my Vanu on Gerudine

SinXAzgard21

I've barely touched the game.  I'd like to get a group together if we could all you know agree on a faction lol.

Brandon

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on December 18, 2012, 10:37:05 PM
I've barely touched the game.  I'd like to get a group together if we could all you know agree on a faction lol.

Youre welcome to join me on VS Gerudine server. Although I generally play really really really late at night, like after midnight

DudelRok

I wansa play but my vid-card is poop. D:

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread