Star Wars (interest check)

Started by elfguy, June 02, 2010, 01:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71180.0

The time period would be during the Old Republic, around 3600 BBY, a period where both the Republic and the Sith Empire were in a cold war. This would be a pretty open ended RP, but I do want a central story to keep things advancing.

On the Sith side, the current emperor hasn't been seen in a long time, and people even start suspecting he died. Sith Lords and Ladies are eager to raise to the position, and take control of the galaxy.

The Republic isn't much better. With Coruscant being the center of interest once again, the senate is flooded with petitions from worlds all across the galaxy for change and better protection. Corruption is ripe, and many people want the Jedi to take on a more active role in policing the Republic.

You could not play a canon character, you would have to make your own character. The classes would be: Sith Master, Sith Apprentice, Jedi Master, Padawan, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler. I think it would be very interesting to have pairings, like 2 people playing master/apprentice.

I'm hoping this could be a very open universe for all Star Wars fans, with a mix of action and romance. People could form up their own little stories, and would be encouraged to create conflicts between each sides.

I'm open to any suggestion so let me know if you have any!

Character sheet

Appearance: Picture if possible, otherwise a good description

Name:

Class:

Equipment:

Bio:

Limits:

Starting location:
----

Major Major

THis does sound interesting; the only thing is, I don't have a clue where to start.

elfguy

Well I'm hoping people will create their character, which is why I posted the char sheet. The most interesting classes I would imagine would be either a Sith or Jedi, and if people wanted to pair up with like a master/apprentice that could be a nice dynamic.

I also have Starting Location, that way people get an idea where others will start. It's Star Wars so it doesn't really matter if everyone starts on different planets, it should be simple enough to interact after only a few posts.

As for the setting, as I said it's during the cold war, so KOTOR or The Old Republic style, if you're familiar with those games. If not, basically it's when both the Sith Empire and the Old Republic are strong, and in a cold war state, with people sending spies and doing sabotage missions all around the galaxy.
----

Major Major

Well, I do have some ideas; I'm just not sure how to actualise them, is all.

pendarious

yeah this does sound interesting but i'm not sure what i wanna be *sighs and laughs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Major Major

Oh, by the way, Elfguy, what's your take on the "Jedi Rules" at this time?

elfguy

Quote from: Major Major on June 03, 2010, 04:29:19 PM
Oh, by the way, Elfguy, what's your take on the "Jedi Rules" at this time?

Care to elaborate? Do you mean the code they operate under? If so I don't really care, it's up for us to decide as a group I would guess. As for the combat system, this would be a freeform game for sure.
----

pendarious

appearance:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs33/f/2008/311/9/3/93d1f4ed7b5fc52278f20aa8ffd0c9da.jpg

Name: Lia'sil

Class: Jedi Knight

Species: Twil'ek

Equipment: 2 lightsabers, 1 blast pistol, a grapling hook, cane

Bio: Lia'sil was a young twilek of 4 years old when she was taken in by the jedi. during a mission when she was 12 she lost her eyesight but was able to continue training. 

limitations: blindness

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

elfguy

----

Major Major

Character sheet

Appearance:

Name: Corran Velles

Class: Jedi Padawan, under Master Lia'sil.

Equipment: standard single-bladed lightsabre with an orange crystal, blaster pistol, assorted other sundries

Bio: Corran's a polite young man with a Core Worlds accent, given to quiet contemplation after he lost his arm several years ago in a battle with the Sith.

Limits: Prosthetic Right Arm

Starting location: Tython

elfguy

Nice duo! I'm probably going to make a Sith, altho I'm not sure a Sith Lady or an apprentice yet.
----

Major Major

Quote from: elfguy on June 03, 2010, 05:23:37 PM
Care to elaborate? Do you mean the code they operate under? If so I don't really care, it's up for us to decide as a group I would guess. As for the combat system, this would be a freeform game for sure.

By that I mean, are they operating under the version that we saw in the prequels? The one that wound Anakin up so badly that it was inevitable that he fell to the Dark Side? Or is it a 'Lighter' version of it?

elfguy

----

Major Major

Fair enough. Oh, and I want to check something here; since we're Jedi, do you have a list of names of other Masters, or of the High Council?

elfguy

We could set one up if it's needed. This would be around 3600 BBY so several years after KOTOR. I'm not sure how much canon stuff there is out there for this period, or if we have to make it up.
----

Major Major

Well, according to the SWTOR site, the Grand Master of the Jedi Order is a Satele Shan, descentant of Bastila Shan (and possibly Revan as well).

bigwad73

Oooo!  Pick me, pick me!

Character sheet

Appearance: Picture if possible, otherwise a good description
Tall and solidly built, with dark hair and eyes, and a pale complexion.  Generally wears a cloak, so he looks like this:

Name:
Darth Penalous

Class:
Sith Lord

Equipment:
Lightsaber (Yellow white blade)
Wrist Pad/Computer
Small Space Transport Yacht (CX-1000 from Corellian Engineering, a six person, minimal cargo, runabout, with room for a speeder bike or two in the loading ramp bay (suspended from the ceiling) and a quad laser turret and ion cannon turret.)
A speeder bike (duh!)

Bio:
One of the more technological Sith, he's a bit of a free agent, following the general orders of the hierarchy, but valuable enough as a resource to be allowed his head most of the time.  Besides his technology skills, and his piloting abilities, he's skilled with a lightsaber, though not to the level that some perfectionists reach.  One thing he does have a great deal of talent at is force-based mental abilities:  illusions, mental domination, mindreading, perceiving the presences of others who may be hidden, and telekinesis.   And forget that "only works on the weak-minded" stuff.  He's at a level that far surpasses that, though with some effort for the most resistant minds.

He's a bit vain about his appearance, and he certainly isn't the model of chaste force-user morality.  He's happily heterosexual, and isn't afraid to ensure the females around him know it.  Though, no one should be confused about his slight swagger and bravado--he can back it up when it comes to a fight.

Limits:
As I said, he's not the most skilled lightsaber combattant, primarily focusing on defensive techniques, using them long enough to get a mental handle on his opponent.

As such, he'd shy away from a many on one (him) fight, so he's got a reputation as a bit of a tactician, which, to the Sith, can be used in a way that means "coward".  He's sensitive about that, certainly.

Outer Rim, near Tatooine (aboard his ship)
Bad puns!  Horrible jokes!  Odd SF and Fantasy references!  Mastery of useless information!  Expert in old TV shows and movies!  And yes, I'm "mature"!    Ons and Offs   And more    Interests   NEW As and As as of 5/12/16. Look here!!!!

elfguy

Quote from: Major Major on June 03, 2010, 07:01:40 PM
Well, according to the SWTOR site, the Grand Master of the Jedi Order is a Satele Shan, descentant of Bastila Shan (and possibly Revan as well).

That sounds fine. And on the Sith side there's an Emperor with a Dark Council. I'm not the best at Star Wars lore so if people want to fill in details that will help. The best material I think to base ourselves on is this: http://www.swtor.com/info/story/setting
----

Major Major

Noted. So, would you like any other assistance with anything?

elfguy

Na I'm just waiting for a couple more to post their interest then I'll decide which char I'll play.
----

RubySlippers

Appearance: [looking for pic]

Name: Beula Matt

Class: Bounty Hunter

Equipment: Small Ship with Secured Brig and is Well Armed and Equpped (includes a workshop for making devices), Medics Kit, Various Weapons, Custom Bounty Hunter Armor (good against kinetic and energy weapons, forearm guards useful against lightsabers plus a jetpack and various devices), Retractable Stun Staff (lightsaber resistant) and Bounty Hunter Guild Membership in Good Standing.

Bio: A young human bounty hunter she was raised on Tattoine to a respected member of the Guild and was trained since a small child tobe a top notch professional bounty hunter, following The Creed. She is Force Sensitive and instinctively uses that in her work giving her some limited ability to see things before they happen without training but handy added to that a knack for technology and making things she is very unorthodox. But she is deadly with many weapons and has custom bounty hunters armor with various features to give her the edge in a fight. Her skills include advanced first aid she prefers to bring in 'acquisitions" alive and will try to keep them alive.

Limits: Follows the Bounty Hunters's Creed which can limit her somewhat. Force sensitive which is good but can be bad in some cases fortunately being a member of the Bounty Hunters Guild offers neutrality during the current Jedi/Sith rivalry.

Starting location: Tatooine

elfguy

Nice, a bounty hunter!

Btw I was thinking for this we'd go with a NC-small group exotic thread. That way if there's combat and captures we'd be covered.
----

Major Major

RubySlippers

She is great to most folks in your a person unless a bounty is on your head then your an AQUISITION and well fair game no longer being a person but a thing to take down. ;)

(no she doesn't have a thermal detonator its so crude to threaten an employer with one she just expects her fair bounty payment no more or less, unless she has no choice but to kill the target)

Major Major