Question about introduction thread

Started by Snow Cherry, July 17, 2010, 10:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow Cherry

Was just wondering...  I used to welcome people in the introduction thread but after a while I realized I had a rated R avatar (at that time) and some rated R stuff in my siggie, and unapproved members might see it...  so I stopped 'cause I didn't want to get into trouble. You know, stuff like that should not be in the introduction thread. Ever since I have been wondering if unapproved members are really able to see those parts of our profile? I have not fallen across the answer yet so I thought I might ask and get it off my mind.   :-\   Thanks in advance!

Saerrael

If you mean links to O/Os, they can't see that. External links can, but have been strongly suggested to be removed (read ; RH = NO!)
Avatars should fit public face anyway.

Kitsunetsuki

The unapproved cannot see your signature or view your profile, at all. So long as your avatar fits the sites guidelines (no genitalia & whatnot), you are ok :-)
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Ket

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Snow Cherry

So the avatar I had at the time showed nude breasts... as kit's does, just for example. Would it have been appropriate for me to welcome people in the introduction thread with a avatar like that? - just for clarification?

I am assuming it was not appropriate after reading your responses.   :-[

Ket

As long as your avatar fits within site guidelines, you can post in introduction threads. I'm not quite sure what your previous avatar was, but so long as it fit guidelines, you would have been fine.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Haibane

Snow Cherry, the guidelines on Avatars so far as I've been able to locate them, are here.

Oreo

Breasts and bums are acceptable, genitalia is not. Though, for myself I have tried to steer away from showing actual nipples as well, but that is just a preference. If in doubt you can always show the avatar to a Staff member.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Snow Cherry

Thank you all for your answers.   :-)

Writersblockade

*raises hand* As one of the afflicted, I would politely say that a well displayed pair of breasts is always acceptable in a "pleased to meet you" format. You'll hear no complaints from me.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Haibane

Welcome to E, Writersblockade. If you get approved you'll find all sorts of other nice things around the site much better than avatars.

Snow Cherry

Quote from: Writersblockade on July 18, 2010, 07:14:36 PM
*raises hand* As one of the afflicted, I would politely say that a well displayed pair of breasts is always acceptable in a "pleased to meet you" format. You'll hear no complaints from me.

lol. Welcome to Elliquiy!  ;)