(Classic Avengers) Revised Interest Thread

Started by LunarSage, August 30, 2012, 01:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

yup, it can be found on the first post, along with directions to pm it to Lunar, Iblis and Lois.

TheRedFear

Player Name: Me, bitch.

Character Name: Charles Vargas

Hero Name: Champion

Sex: Male

Height: 6’7"

Weight: 225 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Green

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Ons: Older more mature women, bad girls

Offs: Cruelty, betrayal, deceit

Place of Birth: Barcelona, Spain

Known Relatives: In this reality? None. In native reality his mother was the X-Man Rogue. His father was the former villain Vargas. His his adoptive Parents were Gambit and Belladonna.

Current Occupation: Charles is currently lost and unsure what to do with himself.

Current Place of Residence: Hotels all around the world as he travels in search of a new purpose.

Affiliations: Unaffiliated

Hobbies: Seems to have a particular fondness for cooking.

Origin of Powers: Mutant.Charles is the son of an alternate reality Rogue and Vargas.

Strength Level: Class 85(Online sources are notoriously unreliable, but most place Miss Marvel/Rogue in the 75-80 Range, so I went slightly above that)

Powers: All the powers of Miss Marvel, as they were when Rogue copied them. Strength and speed are mildly enhanced thanks to Vargas's contributions to his genetic composition. But those are just the Kree powers he inherited. His actual X-Gene mutant power is that his mind absorbs knowledge the way Rogue's body absorbs powers. This makes his intellect highly advanced, and allows him to master complex skills and knowledges that would take most a lifetime in a matter of weeks. Even if deprived of his powers he retains those skills and knowledge. His power only lets him master the skills quickly. Once he's done so, they're as natural to him as any learned skill. Charles remembers every single moment of his life with complete and perfect clarity, going right back to his first glimmer of consciousness in the womb.

Fighting Skill: Even without his powers, his skill alone would make him easily a match for the likes of Daredevil, Captain America, and possibly even Iron Fist. He has mastered every form of hand to hand combat on earth except for K'un L'un, and has mastered several alien fighting styles popular amongst the Kree, and Shi'ar. Though his powers do not match up to the likes of Silver Surfer, Thor, Hyperion, or others on a pure scale Champion's fighting skills and tactical prowess allow him to match and even defeat such opponants at times. Much the way Daredevil or Captain America don't have a fraction of Spiderman's strength or speed but often seem able to keep up with him by virtue of their skill and tactics. One of his best skills is that he's developed a knack for being able to rapidly identify flaws and weaknesses in his opponants that he can exploit in battle. Combined with precision pressure point strikes, he performs at a significantly higher level in combat that one would expect from a purely numerical analysis of his powers.

Limitations: Like most mutants, Mutant Inhibitor Collars can shut down his powers. Likewise he's vulnerable to anything Miss Marvel would be vulnerable to.

Unusual Features: A small curl of white hair.

Background:
In Charles's native reality(Earth 10579), the villain known as Vargas took an entirely different route to averting the fate of death at the hands of Rogue the Destiny Diaries foretold for him. In this reality Vargas decided that if he wanted to avoid being killed by Rogue, it would probably be unwise to piss her off by murdering and crippling her friends as he did in the 616 reality.

This Vargas instead set out to seduce Rogue. And over time, it worked. More surprisingly, over time he actually fell in love with her for real, and reformed his villainous ways. When Rogue chose Vargas over Gambit, Remy left the team and returned to New Orleans to lead the Theives Guild. Eventually he reconciled with Bellabonna and married her, at long last uniting the Assassins and Theives Guilds.

Meanwhile Vargas became an X-Man. He even helped Rogue overcome her emotional issues and thus learn to control her powers. They had a child together. Shortly before he was born, Professor Xavier was murdered by a skrull assassin masquerading as a Friend of Humanity extremist. Rogue and Vargas named their child Charles to honor Xavier's memory. After interrogating the Skrull they learned he was just a contract hitman for another alien entirely. The X-Men went into space to discover who the mastermind was and bring him to justice. They never returned.

Gambit and Belladonna adopted baby Charles, and raised him as their own. He became fast friends with Franklin Richards. Belladonna and Susan Richards would often arrange playdates for the two boys at Four Freedoms Plaza. Durign one such encounter the boys were kidnapped by Doctor Doom and held hostage for a few weeks before the Fantastic Four and the United Guilds overcame his defenses to liberate the boys.

They were quite shocked to blast their way into Doom's study and find him and young Charles locked in a game of chess so intense that Doom had ignored all the alarms and warnings of the impending assault. Doom had been so taken with the young child's advanced intellect that a bizarre friendship...or perhaps more accurately, mentorship had formed between them. He even relenquished the children without further conflict on the terms he would be allowed to visit with Charles from time to time. Considering he was backed by a number of super powered minions and numerous Doombots, the children's parents grudgingly agreed to the terms. It was less risky than a full blown fight with the children right there.

Charles continued to live his life, being groomed to eventually take over leadership of the United Guilds from Gambit and Belladonna, who never managed to conceive children of their own. They taught him everything about their respective arts, and brought in the finest tutors for whatever they could not teach him themselves. They even sent him to the Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters under the leadership of it's new headmistress Emma Frost and Banshee. During his time there, Charles was seduced by a young mutant girl named Foxx...who was later revealed to be his adoptive grandmother, Mystique. She was attempting to get her hooks into the next leader of the United Guilds. Needless to say Charles was less than amused when he learned the truth, but the bizarre dynamics of the relationship did have an impact on his sexual interests, giving him something of a fondness for older, more mature women. Not that he had a problem with younger women. He eventually hooked up with the Stepford Cuckoos. All of them. But they were just the rebound girls, and he was still very disturbed over how things had unfolded with Mystique. He eventually decided to return to New Orleans and try to get out of the Superhero scene for a while.

Alas, the Champion of the Universe had other ideas. He was doing...well...what he does every so often. Flying around the universe and collecting the best warriors he could find to force them into a cosmic tournament so that he could face the very best of them at the end. Many earth metahumans and mutants were chosen, and when the dust settled it was Charles who stood before him. Twenty four vicious hours of combat later, it was Charles who claimed the new title of Champion. A title he would begin using as his codename from that day forward.

He was teleported back to his home just in time to see King Hyperion and the rest of his Weapon X team leave the smoking ruins of the Guild headquarters. They had destroyed everything in his abscence. Killed Gambit and Belladonna. Killed the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men who came to the Guild's aid. They had killed everyone and everything Charles loved. Part of the mission given to them by the Timebroker.

Then they just vanished from this dimension entirely. Mission accomplished.

Charles...no...Champion promptly headed straight for Latveria and convinced 'Uncle' Victor to help him track the interdimensional signal the killers had used and create a device that could send him after them. By the time it was done though, it was too late. The Exiles and triumphed. All but the one he wanted most. King Hyperion. That trail led further still, to Earth 616.

But the trail has gone cold, and Champion fears he has missed his chance at revenge. That somebody else beat him to King Hyperion. Now for the first time he has stopped to consider everything he has lost, and can not bear to go back to his home dimension. There's so little left for him there, and the few people that remain would just be painful reminders of the many who do not remain.

Earth 616 seems as good a place as any to try and make a new life for himself. So he stays. But he hasn't made up his mind just what he should be doing. Oh sure, if he happens to be there when some demented supervillain is on a rampage he'll step in and stop it. But that's hardly enough to give him a sense of purpose he is currently very much in need of. The only purpose he had left was killing King Hyperion with his own hands, and that chance has been denied to him...

RedEve

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on September 01, 2012, 08:53:07 PM
What's different between Iva and Black Widow?  Or are they pretty similar?

Well if you feel she is too similar to the Black Widow, I am willing to bow out. :)

Reading over my CS, she probably is too close to the Widow. It wasn't my intention, I just wanted to make a non-super powered character, so I ended up with a female SHIELD agent.

Apologies to loislanekent, did not intend to clone her character.

I hereby retract that character.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

AribethAmkiir

Hey RedEve, have you looked into playing Mockingbird?  She might be what you want, possibly.

RedEve

RedEve

Having read up on her a bit, doesn't she have superpowers? The Wiki entry mentions she was injected with the same formula that gave Captain America his powers.

LunarSage

Quote from: LunarSage on August 31, 2012, 12:52:11 PM
Sorry for taking so long to answer this, Phantom.  We discussed it at length and we've decided to say no to mutant characters (with Scarlet Witch, Beast and Quicksilver being exceptions as they were canon Avengers in that era).

I'm sorry, TheRedFear.  Though I really love RPing with you, we did mention earlier in this thread that no mutant characters (with Beast, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being exceptions) will be approved (and now I've added that rule to the first post).  We already said no to someone wanting to play Gambit so it really wouldn't be fair to allow your submission at this point.

Our reasoning for disallowing most mutants is that we want this game to be a solid Avengers game, not Avengers meets the X-Men.  Josi and I are already running a Classic X-Men game that's reached big game status if you're interested in the X-Men stuff.  Just click the link in my signature.   :-)

That said, if you'd still like to create something more in line to what we have in mind for this game, you're more than welcome to.

RedEve:  I liked your OC.  If you're really interested in playing Mockingbird though, you can.  I don't think she had been injected with anything in the canon era that we're using for this game.  She was just a good fighter (Class 4 I'm thinking) who specialized in her high tech staves.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

RedEve

Player Name: RedEve

Character Name: Wanda Maximoff

Nom De Guerre: Scarlet Witch

Sex: female

Height: 5’7

Weight: 121 lbs

Hair: auburn

Eyes: blue

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Ons: strength of character, courage, a nice butt

Offs: Rudeness, roughness, excessive body hair

Place of Birth: Mount Wundagore in Transia

Current Nationality: Currently a US resident

Known Relatives: Father Magneto, mother Magda, brother Quicksilver

Current Occupation: Has a day job as a physical trainer

Current Place of Residence: NYC

Affiliations: Member of the Avengers

Hobbies: Travelling, medieval literature, knitting and watching soap operas

Origin of Powers: Granted to her by the demon Chthon

Strength Level: Human strength with intensive regular exercise: Lift (press) approximately 400 lbs

Powers:
Chaos Magic Reality Warping: Scarlet Witch's main power is the superhuman ability to manipulate chaos magic, given to her by the demon Chthon  when she was born.
Hex Bolts: The Scarlet Witch had the ability to manipulate probability via her "hexes". These hexes are relatively short range, and are limited to her line of sight. Casting a hex requires a gesture and concentration on her part, though the gestures are largely a focus for the concentration.
She can use her hexes to light flammable objects, contain or remove air from a particular volume, deflect objects, stop the momentum of projectiles, open doors, explode objects, create force fields and deflect magical attacks.
Flight: Wanda has the ability to fly.
Fighting Skill: Trained under both Captain America and Hawk-eye in hand-to hand combat.
Class 5: Natural Talent with intensive training (High end martial artists)
Limitations:
Mental Illness:  Wanda’s mental stability is questionable.
Perception Range: Her range of hex-casting is limited by her line of sight.
Physical Condition: Hexes had a degree of unreliability, which is further affected by her physical condition: when well rested, in good health, and mentally and emotionally alert, Scarlet Witch could cast numerous hex-spheres in rapid succession and attain desirable results for almost an hour.
Overextension: Despite her enhanced precision, her hexes were not necessarily guaranteed to work, particularly if she has been straining herself or using her powers excessively. If overextended, her hexes could backfire, causing probability to work against her wishes or to undo previous hexes.

Unusual Features: /

Appearance: See image

Personality: Reserved and focused, socially somewhat awkward, curious and eager to learn, mentally unstable

History: Wanda and her twin brother Pietro were born on Wundagore Mountain in eastern Europe to Magda, the wife of Magneto. She had fled from her husband, after witnessing him attack their neighbors with his mutant powers after the death of their first daughter, Anya. Wanda and Pietro were cared for by humanoid cow Bova after Magda's death during childbirth and were nearly adopted by the WWII superheroes Miss America and the Whiz, before being adopted by a gypsy family called Maximoff.
The twins grew up in eastern Europe, unaware of their father. But being powerful mutants like him, they attracted his attention anyway, even though he too was unaware of their relationship. The twins, afraid of their own powers - Pietro with his superspeed and Wanda with her ability to cast hexes that caused probability shifts - joined Magneto's Brotherhood of Mutants and took the names Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

After a fight with the X-Men, they realized that Magneto was more evil than good, and escaped. The twins joined the Avengers, and were trained in fighting by Captain America. Wanda developed a friendship with teammate Hawkeye, but the romance was blocked by the arrival of the Vision, a synthezoid being with human emotions. Wanda and the Vision, whose mind was based on that of the hero Wonder Man, fell in love and eventually married.

Wanda and the Vision remained Avengers until she used magic, newly discovered and developed after being trained by the sorceress Agatha Harkness, to become pregnant. After Vision nearly lost his mind to a supercomputer, the two retired to New Jersey, where Wanda gave birth and raised their children. Magneto, however, had finally discovered his true connection to his children, and announced himself as Luna's, Pietro's daughter, grandfather. Wanda wanted the terrorist, apparently reformed, to have nothing to do with her children.
Her happiness could not last, though. The twins were revealed to be part of the demon Mephisto and were reclaimed, and the Vision was dismantled by the US government for his actions while being possessed by the supercomputer. Wanda went insane, joined up with Magneto, and attacked the West Coast Avengers. She eventually recovered, and remained the team. She separated from the Vision, who had been rebuilt but who had lost all his human emotions and memories, including his love for his wife.

TheRedFear

Well that's what I get for only breifly skimming posts. Hehe. I do have a few other character ideas but getting them onto the avengers and away from where they should be shall require some thought on my part. Most of my character ideas are variations on existing marvel characters from alternate realities. Getting them from their reality to 616 reality(and giving them reasons not to want to go back) is always a bit tricky.

Praxis

I really, really want to write for this but considering what I'm already involved in...and what I just got pulled back into.  I'm giving you a heads up that I won't be able to participate.  Good luck though...you have a great group of writers assembled.

RedEve

So... could someone tell me what the status of my submitted characters is?

Iblis121

Looks fine to me. I'll run it past Lois and LunarSage first, though.

EDIT: Looked it over again, not sure if the history in this game has even gone that far. Still running it by LunarSage and Lois. You'll have an answer soon :]

RedEve

Well TBF, I was not very familiar with the Scarlet Witch, so most of that profile was pieced together from Wiki and other sources.

Iblis121

That's fine. I see no reason why you wouldn't get the spot. Most you'll have to do is delete part of Scarlet Witch's profile. No biggie x3

AribethAmkiir

I'm probably wrong, but from my understanding Wanda may still be married to the Vision at the time the game is supposed to begin.   <--- most likely totally wrong. 

It's way before the House of M though.

LunarSage

Remember also that we're not necessarily going for total 100% canon.  Just a general idea of what was happening at that time.  If RedEve wants, she can have it so her version of Wanda was never married to Vision, for example.

Iblis121

LunarSage is right, but I thought they weren't together anymore by the time the West Coast avengers broke up anyway. Either way, Wanda won't be married to Vision when the game starts.

AribethAmkiir

I always thought that coupling was odd.  Vision and Wanda I mean.

Iblis121

I never knew much about it xD Just that it happened. But yeah, it does seem weird.

Darwishi

I'm getting my submission together.  It'll be an original character, Aribeth knows which one. ;)

AribethAmkiir

I do?  I thought you were going to submit Black Cat.

Darwishi

I was, but then I took your advice about Mercy. ^_^

LunarSage

Changed the first post to reflect our changed policy on Original Characters.  We are no longer allowing them.

My apologies to anyone that this has caused an inconvenience to.

Darwishi

I'm only mildly relieved that I didn't bother but submitting the one profile that was OC.  I was going to submit four and let the GM's decide which one would best fit the game.

I'm just going to bow out of this one, that's more than annoying that I put a lot of time and effort into creating a profile specifically for this game only to get told after the fact that Original Characters won't be allowed.

Darwishi