News:

Main Menu

Fortune Cookie .....

Started by Sasha, October 23, 2011, 01:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

Not sure where to put this ...so I decided off topic sounded like a good spot .

I went to church this morning and afterwards headed over alone to the Chinese Restaurant ...enjoyed a wonderful meal and was reflecting on things in my life. For some time now ...I have thought about opening up and taking a chance on letting someone else into my life . Mean I been a social hermit now for far too long as my grown children put it . Not that it matters much to me one way or another ...as I rather just enjoy living life .

That being said ...I am a woman and prone to change my mind on a whim . So this day I felt a little more alone than usual so when the fortune cookie arrived a smile came to my face. I picked it up and held it tight in my hand and said ..." Okay Lord , How about giving me some insight on whether or not there is a man out there that will come into my life and love and cherish me ...blah blah ...blah . "  So I take that little silent moment ...wondering if I should really be asking .

Then break open the cookie ....and find this message .

Just because you put tap shoes on an elephant does not mean it can dance .

The grin grew wider ...and I busted out laughing in the middle of this busy place ...had tears rolling down my eyes and decided this one was a keeper . I not sure the exact meaning of the saying above but it sure brought back my joy today .

So if you have an interesting experience with a fortune cookie or had in the past ....DO TELL.

TheGlyphstone

Sasha

Snuggles TheGlyphstone  ......

Glad it made your day too .  :P So now I must be looking for someone who can't dance ?  Giggles more ...

TheGlyphstone

No, it obviously means you need to get an elephant, put tap shoes on it, then set it loose on the property of someone you don't like. ;D

SRT4NightRider

You will soon emerge victorious from the maze you'be been traveling in
For the countless souls who died, let our voices fill this night. Sing with me, never again!. They aren't lost, you see. The truth will live in me, believe me.

All that I have left inside is a soul that's filled with pride. I tell you, never again! Their depraved societ didn't end up killing me. Scream with me, NEVER AGAIN

Sasha

Quote from: SRT4NightRider on October 25, 2011, 07:51:47 AM
You will soon emerge victorious from the maze you'be been traveling in

I think that one might scare me ... giggles .

SRT4NightRider

Quote from: Sasha on October 25, 2011, 08:13:32 AM

I think that one might scare me ... giggles .

That was the one I got while at work last night. we ordered chinese food.

We are ordering again, today.... Oh boy :D ;)
For the countless souls who died, let our voices fill this night. Sing with me, never again!. They aren't lost, you see. The truth will live in me, believe me.

All that I have left inside is a soul that's filled with pride. I tell you, never again! Their depraved societ didn't end up killing me. Scream with me, NEVER AGAIN

Lilias

As long as you don't get 'You're about to be crushed by a giant sweetcorn', it's all good. :D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

TheGlyphstone

Or "Your lo mein was laced with poison". :D

Jag

Could be worse. It could have been one of these fortune cookies:

Wonton Food's Bad Fortunes.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Ryven

A fortune cookie called my friend fat once.  It said, "Okay.  Low-fat.  Whole Grain.  Green Tea."  I laughed.

Story Tale

I have always heard that if you add "in bed" to the end of the fortune, they make much more sense.

Just because you put tap shoes on an elephant does not mean it can dance in bed.

Works every time.. :)

Sasha

Quote from: najlah on October 29, 2011, 01:50:44 AM
I have always heard that if you add "in bed" to the end of the fortune, they make much more sense.

Just because you put tap shoes on an elephant does not mean it can dance in bed.

Works every time.. :)

Giggles ......oh my .....too funny .  I surely don't want one that can't dance in BED .  Smirks ......

Story Tale

Dancing elephants in bed are a must.

Sasha

This dude ...forgot his tap shoes .....shakes head .

Dancing Elephant

TheGlyphstone

If your neighbors, or the people downstairs, think you have a tap-dancing elephant in your bed, you may be getting a little too loud.

Sasha

Went out for Chinese food again today .....this was my fortune .

Your life is like a kaleidoscope .

Now ....does that mean it is colorful, ever changing  ...or I run into things alot. Got a feeling it might be the last one .

TheGlyphstone

That'd be a collide-o-scope, wouldn't it?

The Golden Touch

Friend brought me Chinese on my watch  tonight because I forgot dinner at home.  My fortune reads:

'You will pass a difficult test that will make you happier.'

I've got a lot of tests coming up, so yay?

I've been getting foreshadowing fortunes lately. The first fortune cookie I got while I was in basic training (Don't ask how we got them) read,

'A great love experience is near.'

My husband was coming to watch me graduate from boot camp... Funny no?

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences