Day 1 of My Vacation....

Started by Desan, March 11, 2009, 07:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desan

So spring break for me started friday. I left my college and got on a bus and slept the whole 4 hour drive till I reached home. Settled in comfortably in the basement and didn't unpack anything for I had a flight to catch at 7am on Saturday to California.

Needless to say I didn't get any sleep, me being the college kid I am, I've thrived on staying up late and slumping to classes (or even skipping a few here and there..Yes I'm a bad boy.) So..I went to bed at what...4am and woke up at 5am so my dad could drop me off at the airport. Checking in and going through the security gate was easy enough (they took my proactive and toothpaste...bastards!) And well I hopped on my plane and prepared for liftoff. The airline was Virgin America and I must say, I liked the inside of it. The soft colors (purple and blue) made it easy on the eyes and put me in a relaxed state. If only it lasted the whole ride.

I got myself all nice and comfy in my middle seat of the row. I usually like the aisle, but whatever, I wasn't complaining. As the flight took off smoothly, I put on my ipod and slowly drifted off to sleep. I mean, I only got an hour, so I was expecting to pass out and wake up in California.

What I didn't plan on was waking up with a burning sensation all over my body. I took off my sweater, and asked for water. I felt a little dizzy, so I just thought maybe I needed some water. I tried to drink and well, the water basically went over my shirt. So now I was trying to get my body re-hydrated so I could go back to sleep, but for some reason things were getting harder for me to do. To make things worse I had to go to the bathroom. Once the flight attendant had passed a bit, I slid out of my row and proceeded down to the back of the plane.

I didn't make it. I took a couple steps and the world started to spin and BAM. I went down face first. Next thing I know I'm being dragged into the back of the plane by my shoulders. Two doctors were thankfully on the plane and were able to inspect me to make sure I didn't have anything serious. They gave me a mask to wear and breathe in some oxygen and urged me to drink all these bottles of water.

First time I've ever fainted in my life, on the first day of spring break of all times. About another hour passed where I was leaning against some metal thing , my legs elevated while the doctors came in from time to time to check up on me...After I was able to get up, the flight attendant said I would need more leg room and a better place to relax and lean back so I could be comfortable.

So for the last 3 hours of the flight I was able to chill in first class for free ^__^

Lesson learned though. DO NOT get an hour of sleep before you need to 'get up' to get on a 5 hour plane. Also, drink plenty of water!

What a good way to start off my vacation hmmm?
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.