The Watchtower

Started by Sasquatch421, April 13, 2012, 04:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 22, 2012, 03:53:08 PM
Not trying to offend, Wolfy, just offering a bit of help with some of the military aspects. I've had friends in the military, so I do understand it a bit.

The military does not enlist anyone under the age of eighteen years. In practice, some people do lie about their age and join the military younger then that, but it's not easy; most get caught, and typically will be held accountable for misrepresenting themselves in a court martial.

Spotter/Sniper groups are typically same sex groupings (I have a friend who was a sniper in the army, and he said he never saw a non-same-sex grouping). Also, both members will switch between duties, and are expected to perform all related tasks adequately. Spotters also maintain perimeter defense, and are in charge of communicating with other teams, as well as spotting targets for the sniper.

She was likely given an honorable discharge from the army because of what she went through. But as a heads up, she'd be a civilian, which means needing civilian permits for guns, and only being able to get her hands on civilian market firearms (anything else would be violation of a federal law; totally doable, of course, but I'm just trying to be thorough).

I told you someone would be offended. >_<

It was the only thing I could think of at the time, really....but as for the having the gun as a civilian, that can be explained away by her powers.

But the rest...well, I told you it was terrible. >_> @_@

Plus, I'm sure being 'drafted' or taken to the watchtower gives her access to other non-civilian weapons. :P

ShadowFox89

If the Watchtower does not make it's members publicly known, she's going to have to keep her guns hidden.

You could BS it by saying that the military had adopted a circumstantial ruling to allow those possessing powers to enlist at sixteen.

Also *cracks whip* post in the School!
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Wolfy

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 22, 2012, 06:20:26 PM
If the Watchtower does not make it's members publicly known, she's going to have to keep her guns hidden.

You could BS it by saying that the military had adopted a circumstantial ruling to allow those possessing powers to enlist at sixteen.

Also *cracks whip* post in the School!

Nyeh!

But like I said, she simply changes on of her clones into her sniper rifle now, so she technically can have it at any time....though being seen with it would certainly be tricky.

TheHangedOne

I wasn't offended. I just genuinely wanted to help.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ShadowFox89

Having trouble coming up with a bio >.<'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sasquatch421

Wolfy, yours looks fine to me... Since I work tonight and tomarrow night, I'll give that time to round out chars or maybe come up with bad guys if you want to. I still have to post the big bad leading the Tylon squads after your chars yet, I'll do that Wednesday as well as finding a home for this rp.

Watchtower isn't publicly known yet, but it will probably have one of those big outdoor fights that are witnessed by the public. Right now people with powers are tabloid material for the Metropolis Inquisiter.

Kimera

looks interesting...I'll try to come up with a character soon

Sasquatch421