News:

Main Menu

Check this shit out.

Started by Stattick, April 24, 2009, 08:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stattick

It's science. It's a physics paper that someone actually, really turned in... and it's a fun read too. Where's Trieste? Trieste needs to read this shit. If she hasn't seen it already. Also, the diagram has purple in it.

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~kovar/hall.html
O/O   A/A

Inkidu

I couldn't imagine that being college level but still entertaining.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mnemaxa

Do a search for 'The Gobstopper God'.  It's a thesis written at college level by a graduate.

It was the subject of much debate for about a year and a half in scholastic circles.  It is also, and I quote, "a bunch of shit I made up while looking at the baseball sized gobstopper sitting on my desk, in a attempt to prove that you don't need to actually know what the heck you are talking about to write a good thesis."

My friend wrote the thesis as what amounted to a joke, and it was rabidly fought over by members of faculty for some of the most prestigious universities.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

The Overlord

Got a good LOL over this one, passed it on to my brother who will appreciate it too. Hoping he'll send it to a good college friend who was a physics major, and from what I understand had a major meltdown scenario not unlike this.

Inkidu

From what I hear physics is a bitch to write a thesis on because they make you come up with some new theory. Unlike English where we get to take something old and work a new angle. My dad told me about an acquaintance of his who wrote his thesis on dark matter and a week before it was due science proved it and he had to scrap the whole thing. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.