In the Shadows of Olympus [Eclipse Phase FATE, Non-Con: Exotic] [Closed]

Started by AnneReinard, January 18, 2016, 08:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisOneGal

They are, especially if you're unfamiliar with FATE. I'm told that once you get used to it they're easy, but it's very different from how most RPGs work.

One thing that needs fixing is your Morph Aspects; the Core Aspect needs to have the morph name in it; Blah Blah Fury. May I suggest:

Unimposing Fury / Velvet-Gloved Fury
Loves to do a violence

And you still have 1 remaining skill point. FATE Core lets you leave skill points, aspects, and stunts open during chargen and lets you fill them out during play, but I don't know if that will hold true for this game. At the very least, you should mark that you have an open skill point.

Kunoichi

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 09:57:01 PM
Hmm. The thing that really sticks out is that your Morph Aspects overlap a lot. I can't think of a situation where only one would be relevant.
Quote from: Hexed on January 22, 2016, 09:58:46 PM
Although don't Curvaceous Martian Pleasure Pod and Sexy Cybernetic Call Girl mean about the same thing aspect wise?

Well, if two people are saying it, I suppose I'd better take it seriously. :P The intention had been that being in a Pleasure Pod doesn't necessarily mean that the person sleeved into it is a sex worker, and so the secondary aspect would both confirm that fact and go a little more into detail about exactly what sort of sex worker she was, but in retrospect, I suppose that that sort of thing would work better as an ego aspect.

Possible replacement option, based more on the character's relationship with the morph and how she got it...  'Disposable Flesh', perhaps?  It has a slightly creepy tinge to it, and I'd say it's definitely how she views her body.  Or maybe there's some slightly more poetic way of putting it?

Instead of 'self-employed', maybe 'independent'? 'Cause of the Transitional Economy present on Mars, 'employed' might not be that meaningful a term. Also implies an independent personality.

The original wording I was considering was Freelance, as a way of noting that she doesn't work for or belong to any of the criminal organizations operating on Mars at the moment, but has been hired out by many of them in the past.  I suppose 'Freelance Cyber-Criminal Contractor' might fit better for that, though, now that you've gotten me thinking about it a little more.

Licentious feels excessively thesaurus-y. Possibly appropriate for an AGI though.
Quote from: Hexed on January 22, 2016, 09:58:46 PM
Licentious Social Engineer just sounds like a ton of trouble waiting to happen.

Licentious
(Adj)
1. Sexually unrestrained; lascivious; libertine; lewd.
2. Unrestrained by law or general morality; lawless; immoral.
3. Going beyond customary or proper bounds or limits; disregarding rules.

I think it sounds about right for what I want the aspect to represent. ^^ I agree that it does sound a bit thesaurus-y, though.

A pleasure pod being 'Curvaceous' seems unusual, given their semi-shapeshifting abilities. Could effectively denote that your Morph is always on the curvy+feminine side, no matter what sex she's currently settled on/what customer she's trying to appeal to. The 'ideal' pleasure pod can be anyone, but a big theme of Eclipse Phase is that very few things are ideal, and a lot of things are cheap knock offs.

Ah, that is a good possibility that I hadn't considered.  Other possible options I could use in place of Curvaceous that could get across the same meaning...  'Feminine Martian Pleasure Pod'?  'Ladylike Martian Pleasure Pod', perhaps?  That last one carries some connotations with it that could also set up an interesting contrast with my character's actual personality, so that could definitely be interesting...

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 10:30:53 PM
Possible replacement option, based more on the character's relationship with the morph and how she got it...  'Disposable Flesh', perhaps?  It has a slightly creepy tinge to it, and I'd say it's definitely how she views her body.  Or maybe there's some slightly more poetic way of putting it?

'Disposable Flesh' sounds more like an Ego Aspect than a Morph one; it's a property of her, not her body.

Licentious
(Adj)
1. Sexually unrestrained; lascivious; libertine; lewd.
2. Unrestrained by law or general morality; lawless; immoral.
3. Going beyond customary or proper bounds or limits; disregarding rules.

I think it sounds about right for what I want the aspect to represent. ^^ I agree that it does sound a bit thesaurus-y, though.

I'd go with lascivious over licentious; licentious sounds more like litigious to me, for some reason, while lascivious is pure sex.
Although Lewd is the most 'fun' of those.

Ah, that is a good possibility that I hadn't considered.  Other possible options I could use in place of Curvaceous that could get across the same meaning...  'Feminine Martian Pleasure Pod'?  'Ladylike Martian Pleasure Pod', perhaps?  That last one carries some connotations with it that could also set up an interesting contrast with my character's actual personality, so that could definitely be interesting...

You could mine Japanese trope/kink stuff for terms. Ojou-sama and the like sounds like something you want.

Maybe go with 'Martian Pleasure Pod; Ojou-sama' as you Morph Aspects?

Aylinas

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 10:26:29 PM
They are, especially if you're unfamiliar with FATE. I'm told that once you get used to it they're easy, but it's very different from how most RPGs work.

One thing that needs fixing is your Morph Aspects; the Core Aspect needs to have the morph name in it; Blah Blah Fury. May I suggest:

Unimposing Fury / Velvet-Gloved Fury
Loves to do a violence

And you still have 1 remaining skill point. FATE Core lets you leave skill points, aspects, and stunts open during chargen and lets you fill them out during play, but I don't know if that will hold true for this game. At the very least, you should mark that you have an open skill point.

Gawd, I miss so many details. >.<  Thanks again.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Aylinas on January 22, 2016, 10:52:49 PM
Gawd, I miss so many details. >.<  Thanks again.

No worries. ^^

And if you think you miss details, you should see my edit history. >_<

Kunoichi

Quote from: ThisOneGal on January 22, 2016, 10:39:51 PM
'Disposable Flesh' sounds more like an Ego Aspect than a Morph one; it's a property of her, not her body.

I can see that, but at the same time, I don't really have anything else that I can tie in as a second morph aspect, or at least nothing else is coming to mind.  My basic view on how Antimony got her body is that she just picked the face out of a catalog and sleeved into it.  I suppose I could say that she stole it, or make up some other complication attached to the body, but otherwise there really isn't going to be much to it.

Then again, perhaps that could lead to an aspect of some sort?  'Just Another Pretty Face In The Crowd', or some other aspect reflecting the fact that there's nothing particularly special or outrageous about it.

I'd go with lascivious over licentious; licentious sounds more like litigious to me, for some reason, while lascivious is pure sex.
Although Lewd is the most 'fun' of those.

I picked licentious over lascivious explicitly because it has connotations beyond just simple lewdness.  Though, thinking about it, I suppose even lasciviousness could still lead to quite a bit of fun...

You could mine Japanese trope/kink stuff for terms. Ojou-sama and the like sounds like something you want.

Maybe go with 'Martian Pleasure Pod; Ojou-sama' as you Morph Aspects?

That sounds a bit awkward to me.  Perhaps I should just go with Martian Pleasure Pod, and stop trying to force in an extra descriptor? :P

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 11:03:12 PM
That sounds a bit awkward to me.  Perhaps I should just go with Martian Pleasure Pod, and stop trying to force in an extra descriptor? :P

That's what the semi-colon denotes. :P

Martian Pleasure Pod; Ojou-sama

Is the same as:

Martian Pleasure Pod
Ojou-sama

Kunoichi

Ah. xD Well, I suppose that Ojou-sama is one to consider, then, although at the moment I'm leaning more towards Just Another Pretty Face In The Crowd.  I've got some more solid ideas for how it would be invoked or compelled than I do for Ojou-sama.

And come to think of it, I think I'll take Lascivious Social Engineer after all, since the extra bits that I liked from Licentious are something that I can really handle more with just good roleplaying than anything else.  Sticking purely to the emphasis on lewdness should lead to more fun compels, overall. ^^

ThisOneGal

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 22, 2016, 11:15:07 PM
at the moment I'm leaning more towards Just Another Pretty Face In The Crowd.

I think that's literally what the Common trait is though. You effectively get that aspect as part of the Core Aspect 'cause of the trait.

AnneReinard

Piping in for one thing real quick.

Core Aspect for the Morph does NOT need to include the Morph name. Some of their samples explicitly break that.

The Core Aspect just needs to describe the Morph itself as a broad class.
The Detail Aspect describes what sets the Morph away from the broad class.

Edit: As a quick aside. I feel I should make one clarification on Morph Traits. These are basically pointers (if you're a coding nerd like me). It is to remind you about something you can tag your Core Aspect for. You automatically get all Traits associated with the Morph. You may then add 1-3 additional traits from the Morph Trait pool to customize.
Ons and Offs

Always free for a little teasing back and forth. Or suggestions to titles to make this exhibitionist squirm! I adore silly little PMs.

ThisOneGal

Quote from: AnneReinard on January 22, 2016, 11:21:29 PM
Piping in for one thing real quick.

Core Aspect for the Morph does NOT need to include the Morph name. Some of their samples explicitly break that.

The Core Aspect just needs to describe the Morph itself as a broad class.
The Detail Aspect describes what sets the Morph away from the broad class.

I think the samples are for Detail Aspects; this is what it says about Core Aspects:

QuoteEach morph has a core aspect relating to the sort of morph it is, such as Flat or Octomorph. Some have an
adjective or other descriptor attached to this aspect, relating purely to that morph: Healthy Flat or Scarred Octomorph.
Essentially, this is the morph’s high concept aspect.

At a base level, the Core Aspect appears to be the name/type of morph, possibly with a little extra detail.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Splicers have the Common trait, but also have This Year's Face listed as a sample aspect.  Perhaps that could work as an aspect?  I am thinking that Antimony picked her morph out of a catalog, after all.

Although, then again, perhaps Last Year's Face might work better as an aspect overall...  Or, since those sound a bit like fashion terms, perhaps I should cast my net a bit farther a field and use 'Dressed To Kill'? :P

ThisOneGal

"Out of a Catalog" (or some variant of that) would be a good aspect. :P

Kunoichi

A Face From This Year's Catalog, then?  That could definitely work...

ThisOneGal

Eh, I think the 'This Year' part is overkill. I can't think of a situation where it's going to be relevant.

I can't stop thinking about the notes on the Sylph in the Morph Recognition Guide.

QuoteThere’s still plenty of stigma on sylphs else-
where—notably in socialite circles, of all places. It’s the sort
of morph the clueless and uncultured sleeve into for society
functions, not realizing that off-the-rack is still off-the-rack.

Kunoichi

I was thinking of that comment too, actually.  I was even debating suggesting 'Off-The-Rack' as part of an aspect, but that still seemed to have a bit too much overlap with the basic Pleasure Pod aspect.

A Face From A Catalog seems like it should work, though. ^^ So alright, that's all my aspects settled.  Now to just wait and see if I get in when the game starts.

FarFetched

Are you still taking people? I'm pretty interested in a character for this one.

Kunoichi

Character applications are still open, yes. ^^ The GM is basically going to pick out the top 4 or 5 applications out of everyone who applies, so feel free to throw your hat into the ring and see if you get chosen.

Kunoichi

Quote from: FarFetched on January 23, 2016, 02:35:46 AM
Well, here goes nothing! Tell me if I missed anything, or if anything I have doesn't work!

Your skills need a bit of work.  Basically, Fate has this concept called the skill pyramid where however many skills you have at a given rating, you have to have at least that many skills in the rating beneath it.  So, for example, in order to have 4 skills at +4, you would need to also have at least 4 skills at +3, which would then require 4 skills at +2, and so on.

In terms of overall skill ratings, the ones at +4 and +3 are your main skills, the ones you can expect to be able to rely on when the situation gets tense.  The skills at +2 you either boost up to +4 with a stunt or only rely on them when you're not facing any serious opposition, and the skills at +1 are again either good for boosting up with a stunt, or only good for flavor and for adding a teamwork bonus to somebody else's roll.

Since you'll have to lower some of those +4 skills a bit, you'll have a little extra available to spend on getting other skills to diversify your skill list a bit.  I recommend you pick up Athletics, which is good for things like running, jumping, maneuvering in zero gravity, and dodging bullets.

FarFetched

Kunoichi

You've only spent 23 points on skills out of your full 25, so pick up two extra skills at +1.  And I'm happy to help. ^^ I'm sure some of the other prospective players will have advice of their own when they get the chance to look over your character.

FarFetched

wander

Holy crap, alot happened whilst I was asleep! ^^

I sort of want to have a relook over my own Aspects now some things were mentioned since I was asleep. As for Kinks on my character sheet, my O/O thread and rp preferences in my profile should sort that out. ^_^

I've noticed that I'm the only character sleeved in a male morph... And so many characters don't seem interested in men...

I was thinking on this last night, as some people have stated they're only interested in women, what happens if their lover happened to get sleeved in a male morph? Are they interested in people born cisfemale or are they interested in the female form of a morph? Because my guy identifies with being a guy (despite being a neuter AGI upon his creation) but even considering himself as a dude, he has no probs sleeving into a lady morph, same as most others...

FarFetched

Naturally hilarity, drama, and hijiinks ensue. My kind of RP! Sexuality isn't a very big part of Jane though. Heck, she only prefers tying partners up because she thinks they might stab her! She's got serious trust issues.

AndyZ

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 23, 2016, 03:35:18 AM
You've only spent 23 points on skills out of your full 25, so pick up two extra skills at +1.  And I'm happy to help. ^^ I'm sure some of the other prospective players will have advice of their own when they get the chance to look over your character.

I don't really know the system well enough to offer any suggestions >.>

Quote from: wander on January 23, 2016, 03:48:51 AM
Holy crap, alot happened whilst I was asleep! ^^

I sort of want to have a relook over my own Aspects now some things were mentioned since I was asleep. As for Kinks on my character sheet, my O/O thread and rp preferences in my profile should sort that out. ^_^

I've noticed that I'm the only character sleeved in a male morph... And so many characters don't seem interested in men...

I was thinking on this last night, as some people have stated they're only interested in women, what happens if their lover happened to get sleeved in a male morph? Are they interested in people born cisfemale or are they interested in the female form of a morph? Because my guy identifies with being a guy (despite being a neuter AGI upon his creation) but even considering himself as a dude, he has no probs sleeving into a lady morph, same as most others...

Krista is only interested in the morph for sex, not how the ego identifies.  Given the choice between a female ego in the body of a giant spider and the ego of a giant spider in the body of a female, she'll choose the latter every time.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.