Interest Check/Recruitment Thread For A Star wars Saga edition game on Zeltros.

Started by Marie Reynolds, February 12, 2016, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie Reynolds

This game will be based Ten years after the Sith-Imperial Civil War.  On Zeltros a retired military hero—Sian Trix—has been awarded title to an uninhabited stretch of wilderness.  The region is far enough from civilization to be secluded and peaceful, but not so far that the trip there is cost prohibitive.  Sian is building a resort here.  The player characters will be brought together to serve as trouble shooters for the resort owner during construction and after.

Character Creation:
Level Three
36 point buy
Roll Starting credits multiplied by what the first class taken says and  then that result multiplied by 3.
1 destiny point per level.

Accepted characters:
Miyaka Ren  Scoundrel 3 Muse
Gudluk: Scout:2/Scoundrel:1 Tyr
Parjal: Soldier:3 DenimGiant
Zera: Jedi: 3 Andyz
Melina Kalen Noble: 3

Muse

*Raises his hand.* 

Very excited, M.R. 

I even have an aplication almost ready. 

Miyaka Ran

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Very interested! Have to brush up on Saga rules but definitely want to play a SW game again!

Ten years after Darth Krayt seized power hmm...

I'm thinking a Mando'ade mercenary. Is it okay if I draw from various source books as long as appropriate for time? (I have almost all of them in pdf)
God's had his coffee, all's right in the world.

I have an F-list!

Marie Reynolds

Yep this also means after Darh Krayt's defeat. Sure a Mando'ade mercenary would be acceptable. So just keep in mind for you  back story where you called in from off planet or where you already on Zeltros when contacted about the position.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Marie Reynolds

Okay Andy let me know if there is anything you need to help in your decision to join in.

tyr4n02r

Pssst any cliff notes page to what recently happened in the canon? Expanded universe? Also, from which SAGA books can we pull from?
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Core rule book, Legacy Era Source book, Unknown regions and  Scavengers guide to droid if you plan on playing a droid. Others books  depending on discussion  and approval by me. The legacy Era Source book will also give you an synopsis of what has gone on.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Most likely I will go for a Drone, though I may consider a Jedi if others don't snatch up that route.  I should ask if Jedi have to be chaste in your game, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Muse

Don't know what M.R. will say, Andy, but the first thing they say in the legacy erra comics is mention that skywalker's descendents are still honored among the jedi. 

No force use here, by the way.  :) 

Tyr, any idea what you're going to play? 

*Waves to Denim Giant*  Good to see you.  Glad to get another chance to play with you.  (We met on Blue Moon.)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

@ Andy They Jedi do not have to be chaste, Since they brought grey jedi into the fold much has changed.

Muse

What are gray jedi?  *Sweat drop* 

I thought Jedi stopped being celibate when Luke married Mara Jade?  ^_^

tyr4n02r

A human-ish Bounty Hunter-to-be (Soldier 1/Scoudrel 2/ Winging it from there.)
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Marie, I have a question, in the Scum and Villainy source book there's the entry for Beskar'gam on page 48, the traditional armor of the mandalorians. Would it be alright with you if I used that for my character and if so, could I have it at the base price for being a mandalorian and not at the exotic outsider price? (BTW, if you don't have Scum and Villainy, almost if not all the Saga books are available here for preview or download.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2CcDynJv7swYWRHNkRlZTZHV1E&usp=sharing )

Also wanted to verify I understood the credit rolling you posted, I took soldier so I roll 3d4 by 250 and then multiply that by 3 yes? Your wording was just a little confusing sorry.

Also here's my character! (As he is so far.) http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=718981

Still need to roll for HP and add armor (pending your input on the above.) I'm also writing up his backstory and reason to be on Zeltros. (I'm thinking he would have been offworld on another job and is newly arrived on planet to meet with Sian and discuss/accept the job. (Or he's already done so if we're starting after we've all been hired.)

(This may also help a little with my character, used some mado'a words in there. http://mandoa.org/)

Also, hey Muse! Good to see you!

Edit: Also wanted to ask how and where the game is being played. On Elliquiy? Roll20? Or somewhere else? Thanks for the response!

I have an F-list!

Marie Reynolds

@ Muse: Don't worry all  I am saying when Luke went to find force user to build the new order  he recruited Grey Jedi which are people that sought to strike a balance between the aspects of the force ad hold onto your butts and be people  first instead of mindless drones that tried to repress be a human being  like the old order did and from the journeys to find new people to join the new jedi order and Grey Jedi being around and influencing  the new order is where Luke got the idea of Marriage being acceptable for those of the Jedi order.

@ Denim Giant: Um so you live by the code but are you actually playing some who is a Mandalorian cause that will help my decision on the armor. Cause if it was specifically made for you like each piece of armor is fitted for each individual who wears it. Also you have the credit generation correct. This game will be run on Elliquiy.

Denimgiant

Hey Marie, thanks for the clarification on the credits and where the game is being played and the quickness of your response!

Yes I was hoping to play someone who is a Mandalorian (Which in universe means he was either born to or adopted by Mandalorians and raised in the culture.) Hence why he would have the piece crafted for him before he left his clan home to go start making his way in the galaxy.

Thanks in advance for your response and I hoped I clarified things for you!

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=716976

Combat
Civilian-ish

Weapons:
"Bad News" EE-3 Blaster Carbine
"Black and Blue" Bluebolt Pistol
"Buzzkill" Ion Pistol
"Quicksilver" Heavy Blaster

Adiron Gudluk, Nautolan Scum-in-Training reporting for duty! (Please take a look at my sheet, I'm pretty sure I got it all right, HOWEVER its my first time with this system specifically, so…)
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Trying to decide if I want to play a droid or a Kry Jedi.  Doesn't seem like anyone else has grabbed Jedi yet.

Marie Reynolds

Nope and feel to ask me about other force traditions that you might want to play as.

AndyZ

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Thanks! Updated with armor and hitpoints, should be ready to go now, though I'm still writing up his backstory.

Also tyr, looked at your character sheet and loved the nautolan alien scoundrel. Just wanted to let you know that your armor bonus only applies to Reflex Defense, not to Fortitude and Will. I saw you said you're still learning the system so I thought I'd point it out to you.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Ditched it anyway, what's one point amirate? (Famous last words) But thx. Point out anything else you see.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Also, How does a character gain more skill points? Raising you ability score?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Since this isn't like D&D or Pathfinder, we don't get points we can distribute as we like. Instead we get a set number of trained skills at 1st level according to INT+Class bonus (You can also only make a skill trained if its on your class' selection of class skills.) If a skill is trained it gets a +5 to it. Essentially the only difference between trained and untrained is the +5, and that there are certain things you can only do if you're trained in a skill (Complex surgery for the Treat Injury Skill for example.) Our skill bonuses go up as we level up, (We get a bonus to a skill equal to 1/2 our level) and we also add our ability score modifier. But the only way to get more trained skills is to take the feat that gives you an extra one, (though you shouldn't as we're all really feat starved in this system and there are much better feats to get.) Instead what we should do is talk with the other players and diversify our skill selections so we cover a broader range of them. For instance, my character is very physical focused in his skills but I am good at mechanics and piloting and have a knowledge of combat tactics. Therefore it would be a little redundant if someone else was knowledgeable in combat tactics. But having another pilot or mechanic isn't as redundant.

Oh, but everyone should take Perception as a trained skill if their class has it. No exceptions.

(Sorry for the long lesson post. I play a lot of tabletop and I like explaining mechanics to people.)

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Nope, that helped! In that case…

Endurance, Knowledge (Tactics,) Perception and Swim.

Should I lose Tactics for Stealth or Acrobatic?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Acrobatics is very useful though if we have no one who can use stealth that would be helpful. Or you could take a knowledge skill that's a class skill for your scoundrel levels.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

You do distrubte them all based on level one. 

If you're level one was soldier, I don't think you can train acrobatics or setealht, either. 

Not sure if we have anyone else with paramedic skills, but if not Treat Injury could be really handy. 

Muse

Edit: 

By the way, in order to qualify for the bounty hunter preistige class, you'll need at least three levels of scout. 

Did you decide you weren't using armor? 

If so, you might consider taking your scoundrel levels first--for the better skills--instead fo soldier.  (Or even scout!). 

Muse

I love the concept art, Tyr. 

Glancing at your sheet: 
Reflex defense gets a +2 class bonus from Scoundre, overriding the +1 from soldier.  So that's a reflex defense of 18. 
You get one more languege. 

The rest looks correct.

Andy, you've got a Jedi going in Idej's game.  Might be really cool to see a droid.  :)

tyr4n02r

@Muse: Yea But I stared Soldier. I thought you only select one Defense from the 2nd+ class when multi classing. Or so I thought. Plz double-check and I will edit when confirmed
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

Hm?  I've never read anything like that. 

Now, you can only select one feat from your second class when multiclassing. 

The thing that always confuses people about multiclassing is that the defenses from multiclassing don't stack, you just get the better. 

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Yeah sorry my bad, you have to choose trained skills from starting class.

Confirming what Muse said, you take the better of the defenses if you multiclass. So if you got a +1 from Soldier and a +2 from Scoundrel, you'd use the +2.

I actually would agree with the scout choice. Take that at first level instead of soldier. You lose on the 6 hit points from starting HP but you get an extra 2 trained skills. You can take a level of soldier if you want but I'd actually stick with Scout (But then I don't like Multi-classing except for prestige classing so take my recommendation on that front with a grain of salt.) If it were my character I'd also drop CON and STR by 2 points each and raise INT by at least one for an extra trained skill and also boost WIS so you can track better, also mean you could train treat Injury and patch us up in the field. (Survival is WIS and survival is tracking, essential for bounty hunting.) It would mean you'd be better sticking with range but with a high dex you probably should anyways.

I think Muse' character Miyaka is a scoundrel wth high CHA if I recall correctly, good choice for a party face, meaning if you were a scout we could cover a lot of bases. Miyaka talks her way anywhere and slices into any place she cant charm her way into, Adiron can find anyone, anywhere and follow them to the ends of whatever backwater planet they flee to, and Parjai can fly anything and shoot his way out of any situation.

(I may be eyeing heavy blaster rifles, grenade and missile launchers and sniper blaster rifles. And super heavy armor too. This guy better pay well.) XD

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Yea I was just rebooking at a re-up, slightly. What Knowledge isn't cover yet?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Bureacracy, Galactic Lore, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, and Technology

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Hmmm, unfortunately Tactics and Tech are the only ones that make sense for the Character. I'll take Tech, as I think it will be more useful.

Okay, I'm going Scout 3, although I really want a sneak attack, I just don't think it will be useful… Don't know if I'm going Bounty Hunter, or a bounty hunting Gunslinger.

EDIT: Scout 2/Scoundrel 1. I can't pass up a free "Point Blank"

EDIT 2: If no one is taking Lvl1 Soldier OR Knowledge Tactics, I am. Dunno, I'm just feelin' it… *shrug*
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

My Manager and did not get out of the store till midnight. So sorry about the delays.

@ Andy Give me a while the  force traditions are scattered throughout different books and I will get you a list of them and their sources soonish.

@Muse and Denim Thank you for stepping up and helping Tyr.

Denimgiant

@Tyr I'm a level 1,2,3 soldier with Knowledge tactics (Going super heavy bust em up soldier), if you need to see what other people are doing, my and Muse's sheets are on page 1 of this thread.

@Marie No problem! :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2CcDynJv7swYWRHNkRlZTZHV1E&usp=sharing

^This link to all the Saga pdfs also has pdfs listing all the different feats, skills, classes, powers and so forth and which books and page numbers they're in. I believe if you go to that link and click on class.pdf you'll see some classes with (Force Tradition) next to their name. That might be what you're looking for. (The books are there too for easy access.)

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

@DenimGiant, Yea, I looked at them last night, cuz insomnia 'n shit and did some matching. I have 1 Skill Point to allocate, and one language to pick. I'd pick Huttese for the language, but so did everybody else so I wanna cover our asses. Whats another common language in the area?

Endurance, Knowledge (Tech,) Perception, Stealth, Survival, Swim. Any suggestions for no7? Right now I have Ride, because the other of you both have Mechanics and Initiative. Maybe Pilot or Acrobatics?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

you should ttoaly grab treat injury if you can! 

gather info is good, but my Trace talent lets me do it wtih my use computers score. 

Edit:  Are you back to doing Soldier at level 1? 

Denimgiant

I'd agree with Treat Injury being the most useful skill to take. As for languages, um, not sure, ask the DM? Huttese is really useful as a trade language, but if you don't also want to take it maybe Yuzhan Vong? That might be handy if we run into some. Otherwise pick a race you really want to be able to talk to. For instance I took Cheunh because Chiss are sexy, awesome and I'd rather not be shot by them.

Also a question for the DM, this game is being gathered on Elliquiy, but what is the expected sexual content in the game? None, Background, Low, High? Thanks!

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Oh Andy, Jensaari are on pg 106 of the Core rule book, Disciples of Twilight, pg 57 Legacy Era Source book.

AndyZ

What's the current rundown of what everyone is playing, in case I decide to try for droid?

Denimgiant

I have an F-list!

Denimgiant

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

If I may request it start at least after Thurs? I get back from work-vacation then.

Edit: And, while thats 4(?) of us, is there a recruitment deadline? 4 is usually the ideal for d20, especially on forums. Ally NPCs/Droids? Also, what is the proposed post rate?

Universe/Zeltron questions that I couldn't find the answer to online, or are
game-specific
Feel free not to answer any of these if you feel as if they are spoilers.
: How is planetary relations with Force Adepts, and then specifically Jedis, Sith, Post-Empire, and Jedi-Sith Relations? What is the geography/topography/terrain/weather of this particular plot of land? How close to the next bit of civilization? Industries/infrastructure? Known criminal influence? Species breakdown? Views on slavery? Laws on…well…anything?

Yeah, sorry, I'm that guy...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

I'd like to make a petition to the GM: The "reroll" mechanic seems ineffective. What's the use of a reroll, when you have to take THAT roll instead of the higher of the two? So, a recommend and request the "Advantage/Disadvantage" mechanic from 5e. You take the higher/lower of your rolls (respectively) which I think makes more sense, especially with the way skills can be applied in SAGA.

My two cents.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Well lets Start with Zeltron, Can you have a good time, Party and or jump into an orgy and appreciate beauty then you will be welcome. So being a Force adept is no problem on Zeltron. No individual problems might occur if you hurt their friends or loved ones then that gets a Zeltron right pissed off. Violent criminals might not be to well received and  other crimes might face some small jail sentences and or fines. Jedi-Sith relations, Well the sith in hiding still hate the jedi.

I agree four is good I am not Trying to rush anyone but i believe 4  will be the cap. We can definitely kick this off after a Thursday but until we have four players we will not be kicking off.

Post rate max will be once a week but no minimum rate just try and gauge the pace of the scene and have open communication with me and fellow players on how quick or slow a scene moves. Cause i value party interactions over just getting to killing the bad guys. Now of course if its the consensus of the players to get to taking out the bad guys asap then i will roll with it.

Their is a criminal element here it does tend to be a bit more tame more intimidation black mail among the syndicates presence then killing and violent crimes. Cause the more Nasty things get it hurts the profit to be made on the biggest party planet in the galaxy. I would say Slavery does not Legally exist but subtle Indentured servitude i would see as quite common place. Indentured servitude may also be a punishment for certain crimes. Gambling and Drug dens would be large here. The Sex industry would be very large and the most likely place  to find Indentured servitude outside of criminals paying for crimes.

Zeltros information(Legacy Era Source book is your friend):
Region: Inner Rim
Climate:Temperate
Gravity:.92 Standard
Moons:2
Length of Day: 25 standard hours
Length of Year: 312 Local days
Sapient Species: 91% 9% Other
Government: Popular Monarchy
Capital: Zeltros
Major Exports: Art Objects, entertainment, Luxury goods and Technology.
Major Imports:Gourmet Consumables.

Using the 5E re roll opposed to Saga's editions I will put that up to a vote among the Players.
It is a an hour out from the capital city Zeltros.

Denimgiant

Okay so as much as I dislike 5th Edition, I'll go with the advantage/disadvantage system if other people want it. Here's the point of the re-rolling mechanic though, (For posterity.) (I'm assuming you're talking about your Acute Senses Talent.) You roll Perception, lets say an 8, you have a +6 on Perception so thats a total of 14. Not terrible, but not fantastic either. A lot of DCs are at 15. You choose to re-roll and you get a 3, total 9. You have to keep the 9 and now its worse. But you could also get an 18, total 24 and now you're very happy. In the case of 8-13ish its kind of a gamble to re-roll. But generally you're happy with 14-20s and don't re-roll and 1-7 is so bad you almost always re-roll those.

So it is a risk gauging system as to whether your roll is bad enough that you're willing to risk a worse roll in order to try for a better one. (Note, there are some talents and items that let you roll twice and take better. My armor has items installed that give me that on Climb and Jump checks.)

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Yes, as most descriptions of feats/talents/etc that use a reroll imply or express an APTITUDE for it. Looking more at things such as things such as Nautolan's "Expert Swimmer": "A Nautolan can reroll any swim check but the result of the reroll must be accepted, even if it it worse." Assuming they were born in a natural climate for them, swimming should be second nature to them and have an advantage against sucking at it.

Anyway, up for vote, so I say yea. Also, can somebody explain "Stun" to me in relationship to weapon settings? I think I have too many systems in my head and they are jumbling together on me.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Here's the sheet I'm looking at if I do Chiss Jedi.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=665059

Sorry I'm taking so long.  Temperature fluctuations have been mean to me lately.

Denimgiant

@tyr Sure then, I'll vote yes on using advantage /disadvantage 5Edition rules in place of reroll and take second even if worse. The already existing Saga abilities that roll twice and take better will remain the same I guess?

Stun damage works like this. Switch your wespon to Stun damage, (Unless it s a stun only weapon, in which case it remains on Stun.) Roll stun damage when you hit, halve that and subtract that from the target's hit points. If that damage reduces the target to 0, they move 5 steps down the condition track and fall unconscious. If it doesn't but it equals or exceeds (meet or beat) the damage threshold, they move -2 steps down the condition track (and may fall unconscious anyways.)

If you are knocked unconscious by stun damage, you don't die if you roll a natural 1 on CON checks to regain consciousness or if you fail by 5 or more. You just stay knocked out.

@AndyZ Hey Andy looks promising so far except for a few things! First off we're level 3 not 7. Second, unfortunately Chiss can't be Jedi. It's currently unknown if Chiss can be Force sensitive (in Expanded Universe anyways.) Unless the DM says otherwise, in which case you'd probably be the only one known in existence, you might want to look at another race. (Note, Yuzhan Vong are also force blind.) Sorry to hear about the heat, let me know if you need any help putting your character together!

Edit: All the species and which book they're in are here! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2CcDynJv7swSElZdWNaN3gzdFU/view

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Okay, so I get how destinies work as a whole, but have have a couple questions:

1: To regain Destiny points, one needs to A: Level up or B: Do a Destiny… thing.. (Stunt? Action? …5e Insipration?)
2: Those in the book are 'samples,' any way to create your own? What's a good one for "Trying to gain the favor of a superior," or "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was," or "Don't send me back to West Virginia! I'll do ANYTHING! aka Heath Slater". Haven't looked in the other books yet, but am going to now.
3: If you choose NOT to have a Destiny, can you still use Destiny Points?

Well, short I have 1 Skill Point left over and on the fence about Destiny. Here is Adiron "Goodluck" Gudlukg, backstory and all.

EDIT: One more question: Do the retools of "Acute Senses" and Nautolan "Pheremonal Sensor" stack? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but I wanna check...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

I'm pretty sure they don't stack.

Destinies: Absolutely create your own (Work with the DM of course), should be a goal for your character that will take some work to achieve. Also, you may not have one at start, it may take a little time to get into the story before you find your destiny. To gain a destiny point you must level up. You can have a max # of points equal to your level. You can't use Destiny points unless you have an active (unfulfilled) destiny.

I have an F-list!

AndyZ

Quote from: Denimgiant on February 17, 2016, 04:54:24 PM
@AndyZ Hey Andy looks promising so far except for a few things! First off we're level 3 not 7. Second, unfortunately Chiss can't be Jedi. It's currently unknown if Chiss can be Force sensitive (in Expanded Universe anyways.) Unless the DM says otherwise, in which case you'd probably be the only one known in existence, you might want to look at another race. (Note, Yuzhan Vong are also force blind.) Sorry to hear about the heat, let me know if you need any help putting your character together!

Thank you.  I forgot to fix everything to 3.

Good to know about Chiss.  Maybe I'll consider Kry, the Near-Human race I made up.

Or Droid, since we lack a Noble...

tyr4n02r

Do we need a Noble? We have a face and a skill monkey (although admittedly no "Treat Injury") but it probably fits the setting better than jedi (I think.) Also, the droid would be fun to play with, especially depending on the Degree. Do droids do erotic stuff, though? Are pleasure-bots a thing?

*searches Wookiepedia* Nope, they're totally a thing.

EDIT: Also, the droid names could be hilarious: Master B8-R, D1L-D0, Sil-L0NG
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Actually in the expanded universe there is a  Chiss that fell to the dark side of the force. Then only race that I am remotely aware of that cant be force sensitive are the Vong.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Probably not treated poorly or looked down upon. But probably easily board by them as you can't share drink or have sex with them. Droids usually do not party. Some might see beauty in the craftmanship or creating droids also.

tyr4n02r

Droid sex, huh?: http://mashable.com/2016/02/10/star-wars-droid-sex/

They disagree, sorta… Maybe you just need the right specs: http://mashable.com/2015/02/19/secret-sex-lives-of-droids/

Have them look like
these,
"The sultry BD-3000 luxury droid was a versatile attendant droid produced by LeisureMech Enterprises. According to medical statistics, it was the cause of roughly 75% of self-inflicted penile injuries in the galaxy."
couple
, Then these are the droids you are looking for.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 18, 2016, 12:23:09 AM
Actually in the expanded universe there is a  Chiss that fell to the dark side of the force. Then only race that I am remotely aware of that cant be force sensitive are the Vong.

Actually there are two Chiss Force users in EU, Sev'Rance Tann the Dark Jedi lady from the expansion to the Star Wars Age of Empires clone, and jedi Nuruguma from a young reader's comic book that was never referenced again ever. Neither of the source materials were actually. I wouldn't really consider either of them credible sources even before the Expanded universe dump by Disney. Mostly I'm going off the formerly accepted EU canon of no Chiss Force Users, which is mentioned in their race entry in the Legacy Saga book.

Once again though, DM fiat takes precedence.

Also nobles are awesome, have super persuasive player tell enemies to surrender, get stuff for us without licenses, be our big pimpin' party member. Honestly it was my second choice and a close call between noble and soldier.

I have an F-list!

Marie Reynolds

It just States they have no force traditions of their own in the Legacy era source book. That does not Equate to no force sensitives. So that means the Chiss character can be force sensitive and find a mentor and join an existing force tradition.

Tyr, It is your choice to not Start off with destiny  you can always choose one as the game goes on or you can opt to have a secret destiny chosen by me and given it be a secret from you. Cause completing one gives you some really nice bonuses depending on what one gets completed. It is always an option to choose a new one and just like when you  choose one at character creation you can wait as much time as your like or once again you can let me know that you wish to have another secret one chosen for you. Also if you find a Legacy Destiny that you like you can use one of those if you met the requisites to be of that Legacy destiny. Also the book states working with your GM you can make a Legacy destiny but i would limit making a new one  till your character  hit level six or later so that we have some exploits to build off of. Also keep in mind the destiny write up are meant as generic descriptions what you destroy, rescue or Discover can be whatever you and i come up with or if you are brave enough you can turn the fate of your destiny offer tome  *laughs evilly* . Also if you have no destiny you cannot spend destiny points. I hope that helps or I have not over explained things.

tyr4n02r

Hmmm, a Secret Destiny actually sounds good, since my character doesn't know specifically why he was sent down to Zeltros anyway, except that it is "top secret," his superiors have a one-way line to him, and other agents for the Hutt are/will be there. Just don't let me have a kid…

Do I still get to use Destiny Points before I learn what my destiny is?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

I once had a game where, when one of the PCs tried hitting on one of the Twi'lek NPCs, the Twi'lek stated a preference for droids.  I was playing a droid at the time, but he wasn't sexual at all and didn't understand a lot of human behavior.

While my droid was recharging, said Twi'lek snuck into the recharging closet with him.  The sister (PC) of said NPC ended up carving a notch on the door.

tyr4n02r

"What are u doing w that drill socket! Don't attach that there! Where are you putting that!?!"
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

This was the same character who would follow another PC around as he went to the bar in order to pick up chicks, observing interactions.  He eventually got to telling said women in a complete deadpan voice, "You should totally have sex with him."

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Btw Andy, love the character ortrait! Looking forward to playing with a super cool Chiss Force User lady!

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Hmmm, relooking at how skills are used (mainly to pick my final one) I noticed how the rerolling makes more sense than "advantage/disadvantage" for SOME talents/feats. So its up to you guys on that.

Also, I don't think this was answered: If my INT MOD goes up (permanently, I suppose,) do I get another Skill Point and/or language?

Also, how much is knowledge (Tech) gonna be used? I REALLY want Acrobatics and Mechanics, but we DO have 2 others already with Mechanics. That still could leave Pilot open, though.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 18, 2016, 11:16:37 PM
Also, I don't think this was answered: If my INT MOD goes up (permanently, I suppose,) do I get another Skill Point and/or language?

Yes.

Denimgiant

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 18, 2016, 11:16:37 PM
Hmmm, relooking at how skills are used (mainly to pick my final one) I noticed how the rerolling makes more sense than "advantage/disadvantage" for SOME talents/feats. So its up to you guys on that.

Also, how much is knowledge (Tech) gonna be used? I REALLY want Acrobatics and Mechanics, but we DO have 2 others already with Mechanics. That still could leave Pilot open, though.

I think we're going with adv/disadv unless you suddenly say you don't want it.

Yes you do.

Don't take Mechanics, I also have Pilot so don't take that, feel free to take Acrobatics. As for Knowledge Tech, well, how tech savvy do you want to be?

Although, Miyaka Ran (Muse's character) is missing a trained skill. Scoundrels get 4+INT and she has a +3 modifier but only 6 trained skills. So she could take Pilot and I could take Treat Injury because apparently only nobles and soldiers know how to perform surgery.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Nope, totally cool with Advantage. Lets keep it. Makes my rolls better (and fair warning, I apparently called Dicebot's mother a TI-82, and its out for vengeance… I assure you, it will almost ALWAYS be better if someone else rolls…)

In terms of a techy: Well, not too much in terms of knowledge, but competent in weapons and repairs (lining up with "Functions and principles of technology" rather than a "gadget-googler." Hence mechanic, but yeah, two should cover it already.) Definitely go for the Treat Injury, it will be most useful, especially since its so exclusive…

IDK how much we are really going to use knowledge, but Tactics is covered (rightfully) but Miyaka Ran (Muse's character) could take knowledge (Tech) and I take Pilot and Acrobatics.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 19, 2016, 12:47:39 AM
IDK how much we are really going to use knowledge, but Tactics is covered (rightfully) but Miyaka Ran (Muse's character) could take knowledge (Tech) and I take Pilot and Acrobatics.

I porbably should take K. Tech.  I'll check what else I'm misisng. 

Muse

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

@Muse: I think you have your Dmg bonuses backwards on your sheet. Shouldn't your blaster be Dmg +3 instead of your gloves?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

Hm? 

How would I get +3 blaster damage? 

I have 3d(6 I think) + 1/2 level. 

My gloves, on the other hand, have damage bonuses from: 
1/2 level. 
strength modifier. 
+1 from the combat gloves. 

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Okay So it looks like I just need to see some Backstories and we will be one step closer to kicking things off.  So where would you  guys like to see this game thread Non con what i would like to hear your thoughts.

tyr4n02r

Non Con sounds good to me. Backstory with char sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=716976

Need you to pick/create a Hutt and a supervisor. But besides that, good to go.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Alright Ill have something put together for the hut Hogo-Mod. So at least you have a name for the hutt.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Part of the issue that I'm going to have in this game is that I know so little of the expanded universe.  Fair warning there.

Currently toying with the ideas of Zabrak and Clawdite.  Both seem unusual enough to make interesting characters.  I may yet just go human though.

Denimgiant

Alright, backstory up. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=718981

Quote from: AndyZ on February 19, 2016, 01:49:50 PM
Part of the issue that I'm going to have in this game is that I know so little of the expanded universe.  Fair warning there.

Currently toying with the ideas of Zabrak and Clawdite.  Both seem unusual enough to make interesting characters.  I may yet just go human though.

Don't worry about it! If you need to read up on something, Wookiepedia is a great resource. Also, you can totally play a Chiss Force user, DM said so.

I have an F-list!

AndyZ

I know, but I found the Zeison Sha and suddenly that idea fell into place more, and probably as a Clawdite.

Sheet so far, WiP: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=723851

Edit: Hopefully it's cool to trade the free lightsaber and proficiency with lightsabers for discblade.

More Edit: If I can also get away with it, I'd like the Discblade to have the Neutronium Reinforcement upgrade from Scum and Villainy, and that'll eat almost the entirety of my credits.

tyr4n02r

Jizz-box

No,
seriously

And, Jizz is a style of music which adds focus to a reeded woodwind instrument, something that you *ehem* blow…

Thanks, Wookiepedia!

Now, what was I originally looking up?…

EDIT: That's whats being played at the Mos Esley Cantina… Info found here...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Anyword from the DM? Players? Star times? Is this game happening? Who's playing? Is Marie Dming or someone else?

I have an F-list!

Marie Reynolds

Sorry the weekends are my busiest times. the price of working at a miniatures game store. Yes I will be running the game.  Also have some interviews I am preparing for  So i hope to have everyone Stuff read soon. The posting rate will be once  a week.

Jayna

Hello all!

I have been talking to M.R and am going to be joining you all if this looks alright!

Melina Kalen

Denimgiant

Um, I'm sure it'll be fine! Your google docs sheet is private though

@MR Also a little unsure what you mean by posting rate. Does that mean we're limited to one post a week maximum? or minimum?

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Ah yea, so it wasn't just me with a problem reading the google sheet. I just thought it was because I was on mobile when I tried.

Welcome Jayna!

Since the subject came up, what is everyone's schedule? Mine is MIA on Mondays, sometimes Sundays as well. For the most part, though, I'll be on my phone for OOC and updates.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

Denimgiant

Quote from: Muse on February 22, 2016, 02:21:34 AM
I think M.R. means that he'll post once a week. 

Ah understood! Thanks for the (possible) clarification! :)

Jayna your character looks great! Melina looks like she'll be a great addition to the party! Nobles are super useful but rarely played! Glad to see we have a medic who can do more than my measly +6 to Treat Injury. And I could kiss you for taking the talent that lets you buy stuff without licenses.

Also those Persuasion and Deception scores *drools* you're definitely talking to other people when we need something! XD

Edit: Oh yeah schedules. Okay so the times I'm not at my computer are Mon-Thurs 8:30AM -4PM (PST) I am also busy Sat from 8AM-11:30AM (PST) As well as really late into the night. (Midnight onwards)
Other than those times, I'm usually on my computer and have this site open on a tab. So if we all want to be on at the same time for mass postings, I can do time's outside of those.

So to the party, I'm gonna  take my trained skill out of Treat Injury and shove it back into Pilot. That way we have two people who can operate vehicles (including tyr's character and myself) just in case we get more than one ship. (Or one person on the ship, another on ground vehicle?) Or I could do use computer (but don't want to butt in on Muse's thing. Or stealth (but I'm not really doing stealthy things.)

I have an F-list!

Marie Reynolds

Sorry for the lack of clarity, once a week is the maximum for players and yes i will be posting once a week. I want this to have a steady yet casual pace. Welcome  Jayna, I will be looking at sheets today for final approval. Then I will Kick it off tomorrow and will always post on Tuesday which will give you till the following Monday to post. So you still have a full 7 days to post from when I do.

Marie Reynolds

@  All: Please read the first post by me to see your acceptance status.
@ Andyz: The  Neutronium and the disc blade proficiency swap have been approved.

Jayna

Thanks everyone if you have any suggestions for her let me know! I will try and have my history up tonight after work.

As far as schedule I am currently a waitress/bartender so evenings I am usually working and I usually work all day Saturday. So I will usual reply after about 10pm central most nights or during the day.

tyr4n02r

Ok, Jayna, everything looks clear except maybe one thing (someone double-check me, again new to this system specifically.)

I THINK you have too many Feats. You currently have listed 7. I'm trying to count them as accurately:
From Noble class: "Linguist", "Weapon Proficiency: Pistols", "Weapon Proficiency: Simple Weapons"
From Human: +1
From 2nd level: +1
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

AndyZ

Jayna

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 22, 2016, 03:22:13 PM
Ok, Jayna, everything looks clear except maybe one thing (someone double-check me, again new to this system specifically.)

I THINK you have too many Feats. You currently have listed 7. I'm trying to count them as accurately:
From Noble class: "Linguist", "Weapon Proficiency: Pistols", "Weapon Proficiency: Simple Weapons"
From Human: +1
From 2nd level: +1
]

I will double check a little later. Muse helped and double checked everything I did. But it's possible we missed something.

Denimgiant

Noble: Linguist, Proficiency - Pistols, Proficiency - Simple
Human -1 feat (racial)
1st level - 1 feat
2nd level - 1 feat (Bonus from class)
3rd level -1 feat

This would mean a total of 7 feats maximum including ones from class (requirements for linguist have been met so she does get that one.) All of the feats she took beyond her class ones are even all on her class' bonus feat list. Looks good to me.

Also Tyr, took a look at your character sheet (since you mentioned unfamiliarity with the system.) So concerning talents there was a needed fix. You took two levels in Scout and one in Scoundrel. That means in Scout, you get the Defense Bonuses, the starting Feats, and a talent from the Scout trees. Your second level in Scout means you get a bonus feat from the Scout bonus feat list (page 50.) Then you took a level in Scoundrel. This gives you the Scoundrel Defense Bonuses (only using the better numbers, not stacking with the bonuses from Scout), the Scoundrel Starting Feats and a single talent to be picked from the Scoundrel talent trees. You took two talents from the Scout trees. When a class give you a talent, you have to select it from the class whose level gave you the talent. So if you took your 4th level overall in Scout, you'd get the 3rd level Scout talent that could be taken from any of the Scout, but not Scoundrel trees.

And for feats you put down your 2nd level bonus feat (from your 2nd level of Scout) was Precise Shot from Scoundrel. You may want to change that to from Scout, unless your 2nd level was in Scondrel and not Scout. Which you should correct on your sheet if that's the case. If still Scout 2/Scoundrel 1, then just change it to show from Scout, it's on both the bonus feat lists so no problem except for labeling.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Yes I did L1 Scout -> L2 Scoundrel -> L3 Scout. Is that how I would write it on the sheet? I'd just assumed it was written the same. (and I marked it as such on my sheet at the Feats Section.)

Also, I get two more feats? AWESOME, now I goat go look at them again but whatever I'll do that later.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

Ok so there's a difference between class levels and character level. Class levels is how many levels in a class you took. Character level is the combination of all the levels you took in a class. For me, who took 3 levels in Soldier, they are the same number. For people who are multiclassing, like you, they are different. Your character level is 3, but your class levels is 2 for Scout, and 1 for Scoundrel. When you gain class levels, you get things from that class (talents and bonus feats.) When you gain character levels, you get things based on your total character level (feats every 3 levels, ability score increases every 4 levels.)

So here's the breakdown, at level 1 you took Scout and got the defense bonus, starting feats, and the talent from your class. For having a character level of 1 you get a feat. At character level 2, you took 1 class level in Scoundrel. This means you now have class level 1 in Scout and 1 in Scoundrel, but your character level is 2. Character level 2 doesn't give you anything but class level 1 in Scoundrel gives you the starting feats, defenses and talent from Scoundrel.

Now you go to your 3rd character level. You took a 2nd class level in Scout, which if you look at the Scout class, means you get a bonus feat. This is for your 2nd class level in Scout. That's all you get from that. However, you are character level 3 now, which means you get a feat.

Character Level
1: Racial bonuses/1st level feat
2: Nothing
3: Feat (any)

Class Level
Scout 1: Defenses/Scout Talent 1 (From Scout Talent Trees)/Class Feats
Scoundrel 1: Defenses/Scoundrel Talent 1 (From Scoundrel Talent Trees)/Class Feats
Scout 2: Bonus Feat (Scout List)

So you get Shake it Off/ Your Weapon Proficiency Feats/Point Blank Shot for free from Classes. And a feat from first character level of your choice. And then at 3rd character level you get two feats, one from character level 3 and one bonus feat from Scout level 2 (from the Scout bonus feat list.) That's your feats.

You get one Scout talent and one Scoundrel talent. They have to be from the respective talent trees of each class. So you'll have to drop one of your Scout talents and pick a Scoundrel talent in it's place.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

*scrit scrit* Ok so that was class level progression. I think I get it… Maybe

Check my sheet anyway… http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=716976
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

I'd like to make a cosmetic adjustment to my utility belt + Field kit, and make it kinda a vest-light pack combo.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Any suggestions for a Scoundrel talent? Assuming that I'm only taking one level (Free Point Blank!) The isn't many that are good for a stand-alone… I'm considering "Sneak Attack" or anything from the "Fortune" Talent Tree for Core Rulebook, "Oafish" from Unknown Regions, and MAYBE "Seize Object" from Legacy Era.

EDIT: Also,
a Zeltros bill board in Aurebesh
And another similar
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Denimgiant

If the DM allows it, (stuff from it has already been allowed) there are some fantastic scoundrel talents in Scum & Villainy.

I have an F-list!

tyr4n02r

Meh, not really at base. It still needs "Fool's Luck" or "Knack" to build upon. So it really looks like it's one of those two. Thx though.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

There's not much more awesome than Fool's Luck. 

Alternatively rather than Sneak Attack, try Dastardly Strike.  :) 

tyr4n02r

Yeah, as much as I want "Walk The Line" (and boy do I,) I'll take Fool's Luck. Without specializing in nulling Dex Bonuses, those two are too circumstantial for my liking (on paper at least.)

Also, would Dual Weaponry be worth taking? (now OR later) I see my character dual-wielding but IDK how useful it is so early. Thoughts?
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Sorry i have been slow Been buried in a interview that bore nothing and of course now I am getting sick. Yay!   
@ Tyr If you are going the dual weapon mastery it is very helpful in off setting the penalties for fighting with two weapons. I think Oafish would be thematic for you concept so that is my vote. The cosmetic change is approved to the field kit and utility belt.

Muse

Quote from: tyr4n02r on February 25, 2016, 03:37:20 AM
Also, would Dual Weaponry be worth taking? (now OR later) I see my character dual-wielding but IDK how useful it is so early. Thoughts?

Probably better for a little later. 

tyr4n02r

Okay, recommendations:
Zero Range
+1 AB & +1 Die to adjacent target (covering my melee, so I don't have to take a Stun Baton)
OR
Quick Draw
Draw or holster weapon is now a Swift Action (A setup for a lot of other combos, either taking it now or next level as a Bonus Feat; BTW is it a swift action a piece like 3e, or the both in one action like PF?)

Also (for later) Does "Deadeye" stack with "Dual Weapon Mastery?"
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

No to the last.  :) 

Attacking with two weapons requires a full attack action.  So does aiming.  So you can't do both. 

If you want to dual weapon weild and get an extra dice like that, you need Rapid Shot. 

Denimgiant

I have an F-list!

Denimgiant

Ok thanks for the update! *Twiddles thumbs and tries to be patient.*

I have an F-list!

Jayna

Yikes! I apologize I didn't realize we were waiting on me! I just got a promotion at work so it's been a very busy couple days. I'll have some form of a backstory to M.R. Tonight

Marie Reynolds

Cool no problem and Congratulations on the promotion. Real life kicks my teeth in every day.

tyr4n02r

Am I allowed to purchase an Entrenching Tool from "Galaxy at War" pg 36, and/or Ascension Gun pg 40/41?

EDIT!:  :o Also am I allowed the Scoundrel Talent, "Find Openings" from Rebellion Era pg 25? I think it's perfect to the high-risk style of Adiron.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Marie Reynolds

Well i would just like yours history placed in your character sheet. Then just one more history and we are a go for launch.

Marie Reynolds

Okay everyone  I think Exotic Non- Con will fit the bill for the home to kick things. How does everyone feel about that?  I will ready the Starting post today and once everyone is okay  with the choice of board ill Kick us off.

tyr4n02r

Sounds good to me. I'm getting my computer serviced, but it shouldn't have any baring on my posting. Also: Last potential equipment thingy.

Quote from: tyr4n02r on March 03, 2016, 12:10:26 AM
Am I allowed to purchase an Entrenching Tool from "Galaxy at War" pg 36, and/or Ascension Gun pg 40/41?

:o Also am I allowed the Scoundrel Talent, "Find Openings" from Rebellion Era pg 25? I think it's perfect to the high-risk style of Adiron.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Muse

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on March 30, 2016, 07:56:48 AM
Okay everyone  I think Exotic Non- Con will fit the bill for the home to kick things. How does everyone feel about that?  I will ready the Starting post today and once everyone is okay  with the choice of board ill Kick us off.

:)  My favorite section. 

i'm excited for us to begin! 

Marie Reynolds

I am afraid due to work and other obligations I will not be able to run this game sorry for the inconvenience.

AndyZ

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs