Whats in a Name??? Everything when one is online.

Started by Sherona, June 12, 2008, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

I usually use my first name about anywhere on the web, but since I'm very traceable (just hover your mouse over my messengers to see my first name) due to my name's uniqueness, it didn't feel very smart to do for an Adult site, so I'm not including my first name here on E on the places that are googleable.

Actually, I just googled my first name again, just for the heck of it, and there's a LOT more nonsense around now with my name in it. I'm still referred to on 1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th from my computer, though. so I'll just stick to my nickname.

There's no real meaning to my name as far as I know. It's just a random name that might have a tad of mystery sounding through it. For those that wonder how to pronounce it (I thought it was obvious, but several people have asked me about it), it's Ksi-lun, with the emphasis on the i.

And I fully agree, it's the name (sometimes combined with the avatar) that indicate what people remember you by, as they have not much else to go on.

Paradox

That K is confusing.

I've always pronounced it zeye-lun, emphesis on the "eye" as prononounced like the ones in your head...

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Greenthorn

I pronounced it..Ex..ill..en...wow was -I- way off haha

My name? Umm...means not a thing..green is my favorite color?

Paradox

What about the thorns though?

I have a bad habit of slipping into Spanish sometimes, so I often think of you as  Espina verde

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Greenthorn

Well I don't know why I picked "thorn"..just looked around and saw the rosebush...but roses are too.."soft"...and wouldn't fit my personality at all.  But then again people assume I'm an elf...or that I am a Domme...

*sighs*  I like my name though

Paradox

Greenthorn

I am so -not- a domme...I'm just fiesty!! ;D  And elf? uhhh no

Paradox

Sherona

I have a fondness for pointy ears..sue me...:P hehe..

Greenthorn

I like your pointy ears Sherona..least you are not called "Paradork"

*nods and hugs Sherona and her pointy ears*

Xillen

The X should be pronounced like the X in the middle or end of an english word, like the x in Max.

Pointy ears? Well, they're easier to grab and take hold of :P

Greenthorn

Quote from: Xillen on June 18, 2008, 12:25:22 PM
The X should be pronounced like the X in the middle or end of an english word, like the x in Max.

Pointy ears? Well, they're easier to grab and take hold of :P

Well then it's one of those Dutch pronunciations I cannot seem to do..like Dingo's real name..could never get it right!

Custos Morum

My name means a "guardian of morals" in latin. Nuff said.

Xillen

Ah yeah, I happen to know his first name. I guess it's something like that, yes. (Though Xillen is by no means a dutch name. I guess it's just the pronounciation.)

Greenthorn

Quote from: Xillen on June 18, 2008, 01:59:16 PM
Ah yeah, I happen to know his first name. I guess it's something like that, yes. (Though Xillen is by no means a dutch name. I guess it's just the pronounciation.)

YEah..just a sound us Americans find difficult *laughs*

I soooo practiced...every day...many times...and still could not get that A sound down *sighs*

Paradox

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 18, 2008, 02:00:58 PM
YEah..just a sound us Americans find difficult *laughs*

I soooo practiced...every day...many times...and still could not get that A sound down *sighs*

Greeny...say "zither" or "zit"

Take the "zi-" out and put it next to "lynn"

Zilynn..I think...like penicillin

Xillen

no no no. There's defenitely a K sound at the start! :P

Greenthorn

Quote from: Xillen on June 18, 2008, 02:28:10 PM
no no no. There's defenitely a K sound at the start! :P

*blinks and groans*

Okay..I'm just gonna call him X!!

Paradox

Greenthorn

Quote from: Paradox on June 18, 2008, 02:31:15 PM
Oh, as in X= Eckksss?

As in X dammit! Stop confusing me more!

I hereby dub Xillen, Mr. X  *grins*

Paradox

He's the X-Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1xiD7-yWwU

Intro- Xillen
33 seconds- The greenthorn arena???
1:12- Xillen returns

Greenthorn

Quote from: Paradox on June 18, 2008, 02:39:22 PM
He's the X-Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1xiD7-yWwU

Intro- Xillen
33 seconds- The greenthorn arena???
1:12- Xillen returns

*cracks up*

Paradork..you live up to your name!

Xillen

Just take the X like when you only pronounce the X on it's own, like the letter in the alphabet, and then place illen after it. Then finally, remove that "e" sound at the start.

And that Xillen ain't me. I don't even know about that game. I'm not using my Xillen nick anywhere else than on E, since I don't use nicknames.

Greenthorn

Quote from: Xillen on June 18, 2008, 03:10:45 PM
Just take the X like when you only pronounce the X on it's own, like the letter in the alphabet, and then place illen after it.

Well what the heck...how do -you- pronounce the X?

ohhhh wait a minute...I guess..I say...eks..

so eks-illen...slower..eks-ill-en

*cracks up*

Paradox