A New Concept

Started by Rubica, August 04, 2012, 12:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubica

Alright, so here goes with this thing. I usually wait for someone to send me a random post, but that doesn't work here being "unapproved" so I'm gonna give this a shot. Anyways...

I have a new species concept that needs some exploration to work out the wrinkles..I guess that's the suitable word...so that once approved it can become something new and unique. :) I mention it in my Intro thread but that's not really the place to see if anyone would be interesting rping such beings or with one. Here's the species concept.

Guardian Animals. Their purpose is to assist their Guardian Angel Master/Mistress (though there is room for the odd ball rogue) in protecting their human charge from evil/danger. Now, there is a catch. Since humans normally can't see their Guardian Angels the Guardian Animals are used to circumvit this little inconvinence. What I mean is, though Guardian Animals have a specific breed they can manipulate their size to disguise themselves as that "special pet" that seems to always be at a human's side. I'll explain more on a Guardian Animal's abilities once I get interest in the general concept. Anyway, there is more to this catch. When paired with a human, a Guardian Animal will not be able to remember their time in "Heaven" next to their Guardian Angel Master/Mistress and as a result will not be able to conciously remember their "True Owner" though they will be fully aware that their purpose is to guard their human charge. This is where the fun would come in. Who will the Guardian Animal answer to when it's time for them to be retrieved by their "True Owner"? The human they've watched over for likely years or the Guardian Angel telling them it is time to return to their side? Or will the Guardian Animal run? And what would happen if a Demon got ahold of such a powerful being?

So, any takers? I have two Guardian Animal characters that are both female, but I am open to playing any role within the concept just so long as you are open to sticking to the criteria I'll explain that makes up a Guardian Animal should you wish to play one.

Rubica

So...I've been approved. Therefore, this concept can now go to new heights with writing partners who are also approved. This doesn't mean that I will not write with "unapproved" members. I'm completely open to working on this concept while you wait and even carry it over with you once you get approved. Anyways, here is an outline of one of my Guardian Animal characters:

Name: Midnight aka Middy
Species: Guardian Wolf
Race: African American
Orientation: Bi-sexual

Appearance: Her appearance alters due to her ability to shape shift into her animal form, but the things that are constant are eye and hair/fur color. Middy's eyes are an unnatural silver that glow when she is using any level of her powers. Her hair is more akin to a wild mane the shade of a starless night sky.
Human Form: In her human form, Middy stands at a petite 5'2 with Hershey kissed skin. Her face is round with full lips, slightly wide nose, high cheek-bones, and thick shapely eyebrows. She weighs no more than 135 pounds in this form, but she still has an impressive level of strength, stamina, and hightened senses (taste, smell, touch, hear, see).
Wolf Form: This is where things get tricky. Middy's wolf form can be that of the size of the tiniest toy dog or as large as a pair of stacked semis. Her max height on Earth is a paw to shoulder measurement of 10ft even with a wingspan of 30 feet while weighing in at a ton. Her fur is the same shade as her hair and soft to the touch though there is nothing but solid muscle beneath this Guardian Wolf's soft fluff. Wings are usually hidden unless there is a need to use them.

Weapons: Other than her broad sword that she wears upon her back when called to battle most of Middy's weapons are put down to her claws and teeth in wolf form and her skill in some hand to hand while in human form.
Abilties: Shape-shifting (human-wolf, wolf-human), Durability, Heightened senses, Tracking, Hunting, Guarding/Protecting, Flight
Powers: Healing, Guardian Shield (a bit like a force field with magical properties to hide from evil or contain it)
Elemental Gift: Earth: Howl paired with intent can split the ground beneath an enemies feet and thus bury them alive, Stomp paired with intent can cause a small earth quake to make an enemy loose balance, A flip side of this gift is that she can rip open a gateway to Hell to cast out a Demon or to allow one entry to the Earth plane.

Weakness: She cannot return to Heaven without her "True Owner" thus over time without contact with her owner her angelic powers weaken with each use. She was meant to protect from Demons, so mean humans confuse her. She is currently considered a Rogue which shall be explained by her history. As a Rogue her natural desire to protect is faulty because she will protect whoever asks for her help, thus adopting them as her "charge." She also has a desire to find a mate, but since she has no contact with her own kind this can lead her into murky waters.

Brief History: Midnight was placed on Earth by her “True Owner” to protect an unknown human. She never made it to her intended charge and instead was taken in by a pack of Loup-Garou under the guise of an abandoned pup. She had forgotten her “True Owner” as was a side effect of being placed on Earth, so no one was aware of her “special” nature until a few years later when she slowly began to grow in size until she reached her full potential. She became somewhat of an outcast to the pack and began to wonder through human territories once she discovered her human form.
Several decades have passed and she’s run in with half angels and other Guardian Angels doing missions on Earth, which have kept her Guardian powers at a decent level. But being without her “True Owner” she wonders the land helping those who need it until they dismiss her. Loneliness is her ever present companion as well as the desire to protect.

TaurusBeresford

((This is perhaps 'The Golden Compass' type of environment?))

Name: Haldren
Species: Guardian Ram
Orientation: unconfirmed, but finds both attractive.

Appearance: He is a ram with normal ram features with one exception, he can temporarily transform into human shape when the situation calls for it. His fur is a dark grey to brown, picture included. He is four foot tall on all fours, but standing is five and a half foot. His natural abilities include charge using his horns as direct impact, kicking from the rear. He is capable of leaping up to twice his size and turn in the air to have his horns come down on top of an opponent. His human form is a brown male with long black dreads and a muscular body to match his lean ram figure. in ram form he is normally about four foot tall, but the largest he has ever been is about the size of a pilgrimage wagon. His human form he is five and a half foot

Guardian powers:  He is capable of ramming things at top speed with little damage to himself; but in addition, he can at will summon a sonic snap in conjunction with his charge or head butt attack. The sonic snap acts basically like a physical force shield that starts at his horns and radiates outward in a parabola shape at a speed twice that of his running speed. This can force opponents to be thrown up to four times his size in distance. He can also use this ability to stand with his human in a sphere shield to protect them for up to an hour until someone else can rescue them. He is a natural empath and can feel when his human is in danger.

Weapons: He is capable of holding and using short swords which he keeps in sheaths on his back when adventuringas a human, or bundled in saddlebags in ram form.

Weaknesses: He travels with a human boy that is 16 years old who goes by the name Harold Bascott; Harry is five foot tall and rather skinny having been a baker's son. Should Harry be killed, Hal will be recalled to Heaven by his mistress as the angel that he is. His shield ability depletes his physical stamina, so after an hour of holding it up, he is completely exhausted to the point of unconsciousness. After 45 minutes he will be forced to sleep when he releases the shield, but can hold consciousness for a while if the need arises.

Brief History: Harry and Hal prviously lived in Dendren, but are now traveling to a new place cause the small village was obliterated leaving them homeless and alone together. His mother was the village baker, and assisting her, he has picked up her ability to cook things. Neither one of them knows the true nature of Hal, but they are able to communicate on a telepathic level. Harry can telepath to Hal through their bond, but to no one else. Harry has living relatives, but is not exactly sure which direction to travel to get to where they are. They are now roaming about trying to find somewhere that they can get directions to Raynmoore. Hal doesn't really know why he is suppose to protect the feable boy, but the reason is that the boy is the last surviving heir to his uncle, the Lord Marshal of Raynmoore. Hal was assigned by his mistress to protect the boy from assassins who would depose the boy and his family from the position.
I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

Rubica

Quote from: TaurusBeresford on August 09, 2012, 06:43:00 AM
((This is perhaps 'The Golden Compass' type of environment?))

I never thought of it that way, but that is a close comparison. I was thinking more along the lines of how some people have body guards and guard dogs. Anyways...

I wish you would have asked me more about Guardian Animals before you created Haldren, but that can't be helped now so I shall point out a few things: 

Appearance: Guardian Animals have two forms, human and animal. There isn't really any middle ground with the exception that they can be whatever size they choose when in animal form. In other words, he can't stay in Ram form forever or he'll end up a Ram if he doesn't have some sort of brush with an Angel eventually. So I would like to see a description of his human appearance as well.

Weapon: Ramming shouldn't be characterized as a weapon, but a natural ability since that is what Rams do. The sonic snap is more of a Guardian power. This section looks good, though I would delve into the Ram's natural abilities such as jumping/scaling mountain sides.

Weakness: Since Middy doesn't have a human, it is quite possible that if she did she'd be able to communicate telepathically with her's. My only fuss is that being connected in such a way that emotions and physical status can be felt isn't something a Guardian Animal should be able to do. They should be able to protect their charge as best they can not be crippled or distracted by their human's emotions/physical status. Now, if Haldren has empathic abilities/powers that would make it more plausible.

History: You should possibly mention why Haldren was placed with this human boy even though Haldren himself is likely not to remember the specific mission. Also, if you have a preferance for Haldren's "True Owner" to be male or female, you should perhaps hint at it so that when that moment comes there'll be less confusion.

All in all, you're bio for Haldren is good and I like that you included information on the human boy he's guarding. Do you intend to play both characters? Also, here is an idea: Let's assume that Middy is roaming the area for whatever reason and she crosses paths with Haldren while hunting and attempts to eat him (she doesn't run into many guardian animals and a goatlike creature is something she's likely to eat). From this encounter, Haldren can learn more about what he is and perhaps eventually shift for the first time.

TaurusBeresford

edited, would like to see several more get involved before kick off, I don't really like two player rp. Yes, I intend to run both characters together. Also, i've never done a shapeshifter before, simply because it's not something I really like. I truly despise vampire and werewolf scenes, but more because I feel they are overdone.
I would give [you] the answer if I could, but I be a simple bull, and no bull anywhere has ever given a 'straight' answer!

The Tail of the Tauren

Rubica

Graci, for the edit. Since my goal is to have this concept as an overall idea for an RP group, there will be a wait for things to get started. I have a love for shapeshifting since I adore animals, which is how this concept came into being in the first place. The ability to hide among humans will be useful. I'll use Middy as an example: If she could not hide among the humans, she would be confined to hiding in wood lands which would give those seeking her a more specific place to look. As a human, she could literally be anywhere and thus far harder to track down.

TaurusBeresford

um, sorry, but I would think that she could probably pretend to be someone's personal dog.  Do her unsavory deeds as a larger form and hide as a small form, heh.

The Tail of the Tauren

Rubica

*shrugs* That is also possible

TaurusBeresford

You'll find that I love to play non human characters, and specifically animal types too, heh.

The Tail of the Tauren

Rubica

:) I can see why from reading your preferences. Is the bull your favorite animal?

TaurusBeresford

it is the spirit animal with which i feel connected.

The Tail of the Tauren

Rubica

I find that truely interesting and now you have me contemplating what mine would be. Is there a specific way you discovered yours?

TaurusBeresford

I have some native american heritage that i cannot prove, so i cannot be involved in tribal ceremonies; however, it doesn't stop me from conducting my own. I have done more vision quests in my lifetime than I could possibly count, and even more than that, i've done sweat lodges. There was a time in my life many years ago, when I received a vision to do a root quest where I had to return to my great grandparents land. I discovered a lot of things at that time. More to your question, however, when I was 11 yrs old, I discovered the link to the old ornery bull in the fields. I was the only one able to approach this bull. I had been warned to stay away from it, but he came right up to me and sniffed one day. I didn't get to spend much time around him, but I always greeted him when I was around. The ownership of that land was transferred to my uncle several years before I had returned there for the root quest, and the cattle sold. I have no idea to where they were sent, but I will never forget that old bugger, heh.

The Tail of the Tauren

Randomrose25

I want to play! If you have any ideas for a male character, let me know, but if not I can make something up.
I'm always looking for a PM, or just to chat, so ladies, hit me up :)

Rubica

Randomrose, thank you for your interest. The character suggestions are at the beginning of this thread in purple. So far there are three Guardian Animals. We still need humans and Guardian Angels.

Randomrose25

I would like to be a human! But, who is the third Guardian Animal. I only see two o.o
I'm always looking for a PM, or just to chat, so ladies, hit me up :)

Photo

I'll take any oppurtunity to play an angel!

Tell me more about what I need to know in order to write a good character. Also, welcome to Elliquiy, Rubica! You look like you belong here nicely. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Rubica

Quote from: Randomrose25 on August 17, 2012, 11:23:18 PM
I would like to be a human! But, who is the third Guardian Animal. I only see two o.o

Okay, to play a human you'll need a basic outline. Remember you are mortal, so there are no "special" powers. I'm working on making a more clear list of rules and such, which should be done soon. The third Guardian Animal is also mine (Guardian Tigress), I just haven't posted up her profile yet as I intend to make a character sheet thread and don't want to boggle down this inquiry thread too much.

For your character outline as a human you'll need to have the basics and then if you have a Guardian Animal or not, which will let others who might want to make a Guardian Animal have someone they can partner with. Multiple characters are welcome!

Quote from: Photo on August 18, 2012, 04:53:59 AM
I'll take any oppurtunity to play an angel!

Tell me more about what I need to know in order to write a good character. Also, welcome to Elliquiy, Rubica! You look like you belong here nicely. :)

Thanks for the welcome Photo :)

For the part of a Guardian Angel, you'll have to decide if you'll be a Master/Mistress in pursuit of reclaiming their Guardian Animal or not and then who. So, for right now you can draw up a character outline with a vague reference to a certain Guardian Animal (wolf, goat, and tigress are the current animals). Please, try not to use a Guardian Angel name from the Bible I really want all this to be creative and original. You can model your angel's abilities after a certain angel, just don't make your character into that angel (if I'm making any sense). Also, be aware that Guardian Angels cannot be seen by humans not even their charge. They can be seen by Guardian Animals, other Angels, Demons, and supernatural creatures (might add them in the future, but not now).

As I said before, I'm working on a post that will have the rules and everything. I was waiting on getting a good group together. Also, if anyone has worked with small group RPs before I'm open to all the help I can get as I'm still trying to figure how things will work without looking cluttered. Graci!

TaurusBeresford

unfortunately until the rp receives 1000+ in character posts, it's gonna look rather scattered because it takes that many posts to apply for a subforum. Basically the rules are that you are allowed to create a number of threads equal to or less than twice the number of actual players in the game (not character count.) Typically a game on here has a character sheet thread, an out of character thread and how every many in character threads as necessary to make a scene happen (or multiple scenes in more than one area.) All three or more of these threads should be named exactly the same, with one difference, you should add to the end of it content codes similar to: IC, OOC, CS.

Edit: also make sure that you are posting these threads in the appropriate "rp" forum, not in the roleplay requests.

The Tail of the Tauren

Rubica

Quote from: TaurusBeresford on August 18, 2012, 12:49:28 PM
unfortunately until the rp receives 1000+ in character posts, it's gonna look rather scattered because it takes that many posts to apply for a subforum. Basically the rules are that you are allowed to create a number of threads equal to or less than twice the number of actual players in the game (not character count.) Typically a game on here has a character sheet thread, an out of character thread and how every many in character threads as necessary to make a scene happen (or multiple scenes in more than one area.) All three or more of these threads should be named exactly the same, with one difference, you should add to the end of it content codes similar to: IC, OOC, CS.

Edit: also make sure that you are posting these threads in the appropriate "rp" forum, not in the roleplay requests.

Good lawd @.@ lol alright so I need to make...five...*pauses* We have no Demons yet so I could just do Heaven and Earth...then an OOC, and a CS...Well my general idea is to have scenes in Heaven, on Earth, and in Hell...and then a thread for rules and such which I guess will be OOC, and then a thread for just character sheets...

TaurusBeresford

That is correct format equals.

Name: Heaven
Name: Hell
Name: Earth
Name: Characters
Name: OOC

or very similar to that nature.

edit: you could also have one like this
Name: Plot and Rules

The Tail of the Tauren

Rubica

Now I just need a name...which has me stuck because I refuse to name it something like "Guardian Animals Unite" or some such. Suggestions? Anyone?

I am considering using "Protectoris" which is Latin for Guardian.

Rubica

Update 8/24/2012: The information and character sheet for this RP are at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=150028.new#new. If you have interest in this RP and you aren't approved simply post in this thread. Otherwise, if you are approved and this thread has piqued your interest please follow the link. :)