Salem Institute of Magic (HP verse): Recruiting now!

Started by Amelita, March 31, 2014, 09:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on May 07, 2014, 08:58:04 AM
I'm cleaning out my inbox and getting read to do another round of sheet read-throughs today. This is a list of sheets that I know still need to be read through by the GMs and replied to. If yours is not here but you're still waiting on a reply, please tell me. My PM box has been fubared lately and I seem to have a lot of messages randomly go missing without warning.

EmberStar: Minnora Wentworth
Lady Lunarius: Damian Lockewells
ebpohmr: Thomsonicle Fawcett
TheHangedMan: Alfred Birche
AbsintheTori: Imogen Birche

Note: These are only the ones we've actually recieved revisions/first drafts of. If we haven't recieved the revisions we've asked for, your sheet isn't on the list.

~BP
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Bloodied Porcelain

GM Announcement

In the interest of making it easier for people to find the scenes they want for their characters, I've added a Scene Request section to this post. There is a code that should be used to request a scene in that post. Once you have filled out the form, post it in the IC-OOC thread. Every couple of days, I will go through and collect all the forms and add it to the Scene Request list. If a scene has been claimed, please quote your original claim and post it with a note that it has been claimed so I can update the listing.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Bloodied Porcelain

We are still accepting new characters! Get your sheets in! :D

CurvyKitten

Is this game dead, or should I assume I haven't gotten a response for several weeks about my characters because they were denied?

Bloodied Porcelain

The game isn't dead, the GMs have just been very busy. We haven't had much IC action lately for the same reason. I'm hoping to get responses about sheets done in the next couple days at the latest.

Amelita

Quote from: CurvyKitten on June 03, 2014, 06:15:22 PM
Is this game dead, or should I assume I haven't gotten a response for several weeks about my characters because they were denied?

Should be noted that those several weeks were in fact two ::)  :P

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

ebpohmr

Quote from: Amelita on June 03, 2014, 06:39:34 PM

When waiting to get into as awesome a game as Salem, its easy to see why two weeks would feel like months! *nods*

Amelita

<3

The waiting's been on me, mostly. Life's been crazy for a couple of months but things are settling into a somewhat reasonable path ::)

I do feel bad about holding things up, especially you lovelies waiting on approvals and whatnot -cough-curvydarling-cough-

-hands out cookies and hugs-

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Amelita on June 03, 2014, 06:39:34 PM

a bit more then that actually bit, yes it has been some time and I was wondering. I know there is always stuff to fix in these types of games, so I had wondered if I had simply written a character that was simply not approved or got looked over. i had hoped I didn't write that badly :P

Amelita

We'd never just ignore you, lovely.

If an application was too horrid to even have a shot at being edited into shape, (which hasn't happened so far), even that person would get a PM from us.

Amelita

There is still time to get into this before we close down recruitment!

Have a look, snoop around, fall in love ;)

Josietta

* Josietta is considering making one up over here. >.> 

Is okay I am my slow self?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Amelita

...you know I'm a GM, right?

(Is there anyone slower than the Ame? xD )

You're absolutely fine, darling, and we'd love to have you!

Josietta

*giggles*  Yays!

You think this one might fit in?

Chase

I need to figure out his year and such.. but I figure Chase'll be an older student like equivalent to a 4th or 5th year in HaF? 

He'd be a half blood. I'd need to find him a family to link to.

His family would have money but isn't filthy rich. He'd be more like upper middle class, in modern real life he'd be a lot like a boarding school boy whose parents are divorced. He hates his step-bitch (mother) and his father is a hardass Marine.  His mom is a pureblood whore who discreetly and sometimes not so discreetly marries older wizards only for their money then moves on to the next when he dies. She doesn't contact Chase except when she wants something and he has issues telling her no. ....

oookay... now I'm rambling... >.>

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Amelita

I think he'd fit in nicely ::)

Salem has the same ages as HaF and is running on roughly the same time IC so you can easily figure that one out.
You don't need to find him a family to link to if he's halfblooded, but you of course can if you want to.

Your best option in that regard would be to go over the approved characters list and just pm or post in the ooc if there's someone specific you want to link to :) But you know this, of course ::)

<3 Feel free to PM or IM me if there's anything.

Josietta

Sweet!!  I'll work on a sheet and in the meantime pop up my Face Claim and say hello in the OOC.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Amelita

Bloodied Porcelain

This is just a not to let everyone lurking know that we will be closing the game to new characters once we get characters on the train to head to the school. We are planning to have this happen in roughly 3-4 weeks in real time. Those we know are planning to get us sheets will still be allowed to submit them during this time, and we will at some point afterward open back up to new players and new sheets from existing players. :)

ThePrince

I dont know if I'll have the time to commit to this game, I may become a fairly important person in August. But are there any specific characters that the game currently needs?
RP Request Thread
O/O's
I am what I am. I am my own special creation.
So come take a look, Give me the hook or the ovation.
It's my world that I want to have a little pride in.
It's my world and it's not a place I have to hide in.
Life ain't worth a dam till you can say I am what I am.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: ThePrince on July 24, 2014, 03:45:49 PM
I dont know if I'll have the time to commit to this game, I may become a fairly important person in August. But are there any specific characters that the game currently needs?

Specifically "needs"? Not really. We still have a ton of open staff spots though, and of course we are always open to more students. :)

Chaosfox

I'm taking a look right now over this If you need any kind of spot filled I could try and do it or make a student. Reading over stuff right now but this...Has caught my eye
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

JamesSureWould

Okay, this looks very interesting. I hope to get a character submitted in the next day or so.

Josietta

I am still going to submitt my Chase!!  But I have a girl I want now too.. I'm just slow to get sheets done..

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Amelita

Bloodied Porcelain

Train scenes will be starting soon which means we are on the final stretch for people to submit new characters! Please get in your sheets ASAP if you plan to join!

These are our current staff spots that need to be filled:
Grounds Keeper
Charms Professor
Potions Professor
Astronomy Professor
Arithmancy Professor
Muggle Social Studies Professor
Wizarding Psychology Professor
Wizard Politics Professor
Physics Professor
Spanish Professor
French Professor
German Professor
Latin Professor
English Professor
Advanced Language Studies Professor

Please note that many of the above can be taught by one person (if a professor would like to take on multiple languages, for example, or muggle social studies/wizard politics.